Open Discussion of UR Chapter Three - God's character

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, God created BILLIONS of souls knowing that many of them would not pass his tests, and, being loving and merciful, made arrangements that those souls will experience suffering and anguish for all of eternity.

Nothing is impossible for God. For instance, when you and I are sitting around a campfire with God himself, holding hands and singing Kumbaya, God will simultaneously be in Hell inflicting unspeakable torture against BILLIONS of souls that weren't fortunate enough to receive the gift of faith.

Ephesians 2:8–9 affirms this: “By grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”

Too bad for the lost souls that God didn't give them the gift of faith and so now they'll be tortured, day and night, FOREVER AND EVER! Too bad, so sad, but those are the breaks.

I wonder if God will let you and me go torture people in Hell. How about it?
If one are persuaded that God kills if people don't dance to his tune you can be assured one will not be able to tell the Christ from the Antichrist who disguises himself as an angel of light. One will play right into the hand of the masquerader.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the account of Judas after his act of betrayal.....who tortured him? was it God?
When folk reject what they know is right the torture comes from themselves, not God.
Have we got it that wrong? God is in the Salvation business; life and love, joy and peace....not eternal torture. That is an invention of the evil one who maligns God and paints him with his own attributes.

John 10:10 'The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.'
Seems most don’t believe that Jesus is the image of the invisible God.

Reactions: Patrick1966

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a consensus on "Biblical declaration"?
Seems to be a LOT of opinion and emotion.
Now there is the right question!

But before asking if there is a consensus, since that will vary widely among different people, I'd like to ask, how would we be able to interpret the Bible so that we would all agree with each other? Do you know what I'm asking?

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Does your experience with God tell you that he is a fearful judge, or a loving Father?
Does this end at the afterlife?

Paul's experience with God, through Christ is pretty amazing.

Paul said that He was "chief of sinners".......as a part of his Testimony, regarding God's Mercy and Grace.
Paul said that he was consenting to the death of Believers...(Chief of Sinners).. that is, He was a part of having them killed and stoned and similar, and God took Him from that, and caused Him to be the greatest Christian who ever lived, who wrote the doctrine for the body of Christ, delivered the real Gospel of the Grace of God to us, and also wrote most of the NT Epistles.

God took this terrible, hateful, religious nut, this law worshipping Ultra Pharisee, and caused all of us who are born again...to find Christ through the Gospel of the Grace of God that Paul defines as "my Gospel".

That is amazing.

God's Grace is AMAZING GRACE, and Saul the Pharisee who became Paul the Greatest Christian, is just one proof.

• Love

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

But before asking if there is a consensus, since that will vary widely among different people, I'd like to ask, how would we be able to interpret the Bible so that we would all agree with each other? Do you know what I'm asking?

Much love!
Knowing Jesus is the objective of inspiration enables a person to take pause and hear. Without that knowledge any piper playing an 'appealing' tune is danced to.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:

Is there a consensus on "Biblical declaration"?
Seems to be a LOT of opinion and emotion.

I don't think a consensus is either possible, or necessary. I know, I know... most see that as a lack of unity.
I suppose that's what the creeds are for. The bare minimum that holds us together. Beyond that...

Some see the vast number of denominations and churches as a problem; I see it as a blessing.
So many fine congregations each specializing in some area.

What I would like to see is sharing between the different groups.

I think the biggest problem in the church today is the tribalism.
We should build bridges instead of walls.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think a consensus is either possible, or necessary. I know, I know... most see that as a lack of unity.
How do you understand this part?

Ephesians 4:13-14 KJV
13) Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14) That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

What is this "unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God"?

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
St. SteVen said:
We should build bridges instead of walls.

Bad Theology that fosters and generates wrong belief, is the wall.
Strife, hatred, denominations, cults, spiritual blindness and confusion, is the endless dark fruit of it.

"can any 2 walk together, unless they be agreed"?

Apply that to THEOLOGY and then you'll completely understand why there are thousands of denominations.

Man made denominations.
God made Christians.
Those are so often, not the same at all.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the glue that holds all the DIFFERENT parts together. IMHO
I don't understand.

"the unity of the faith and knowledge", isn't this having the same faith, the same knowledge?

Much love!