PETER AND PAUL PREACHED CHRIST DIFFERENTLY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter preached Christ.

Peter preached Christ would be sent if Israel repented.

Peter preached Christ according to what all the prophets spoke since the world began.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preaches Christ.

Paul preaches Christ according to the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

If Paul preached the gospel according to the mystery, kept secret since the world began, Paul could not be preaching the same gospel as Peter, who preached what was spoken of since the world began.

What was preached since the world began can not be the same thing if it was kept secret since the world began.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Peter preached Christ.

Peter preached Christ according to what all the prophets spoke since the world began.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preaches Christ.

Paul preaches Christ according to the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

If Paul preached the gospel according to the mystery, kept secret since the world began, Paul could not be preaching the same gospel as Peter, who preached what was spoken of since the world began.

What was preached since the world began can not be the same thing if it was kept secret since the world began.
I'm going to take a shot..

Peter was sent to the Jews. They would already have foreknowledge of what the scriptures said according to Paul's gospel.
Paul was sent on a mission to the Gentiles.
And the mystery which was kept hid from them was the grafting in or the adoption into the family of Abraham.

The Jews believed because they were of Abraham that they were the rightful heirs to salvation.
They also knew that scripture spoke of the Gentiles and a way being made for them.
But they didn't want to share that so they kept it hidden.
And that is the gospel that Paul was sent on a mission to preach.

I could be off a bit.. but that's how I understand it.

HUGS

Reactions: ChristisGod

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm going to take a shot..

Peter was sent to the Jews. They would already have foreknowledge of what the scriptures said according to Paul's gospel.
Paul was sent on a mission to the Gentiles.
And the mystery which was kept hid from them was the grafting in or the adoption into the family of Abraham.

The Jews believed because they were of Abraham that they were the rightful heirs to salvation.
They also knew that scripture spoke of the Gentiles and a way being made for them.
But they didn't want to share that so they kept it hidden.
And that is the gospel that Paul was sent on a mission to preach.

I could be off a bit.. but that's how I understand it.

HUGS
The mystery revealed to Paul was Jew and Gentile justified freely without having to go through Israel and the law AND the formation of the church, the body of Christ to reconcile heavenly places.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only One Gospel !

Galatians 1:6
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

So since there is only One God, One Savior, One way to God through Christ, One faith, One baptism and One Gospel- there is only one way to be saved.

Paul defines that Gospel by which we are saved below:

1 Corinthians 15:1-19
Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; 7 then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; 8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. 11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; 14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Only One way to be saved, by One Person, One Gospel and One Faith. In Him alone. Scripture is really very exclusive here but inclusive to all that come to Him freely!

Revelation 14:6
Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Jesus passed on the gospel to His Disciples. Its the same Gospel but Christ had not suffered, died, risen yet. The disciples didn't understand the Passion until after His Resurrection, they were in denial.

Before His Resurrection

Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand…. I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.” — John 13:7,19

After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. John 2:22

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. — Matthew 16:21

Now Jesus was going up to Jerusalem. On the way, he took the Twelve aside and said to them, “We are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be delivered over to the chief priests and the teachers of the law. They will condemn him to death and will hand him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified. On the third day he will be raised to life!” — Matthew 20:17-19

After His Resurrection

He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. — Luke 24:25-27

He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.Luke 24:44-45

“I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus” (vv. 16–17).

Galatians 1:11–24
Paul begins Galatians by saying that he was sent by Christ and the Father, and that the other church leaders agreed with him. In Galatians 1:11–2:10, he expands on these two points.

He begins in verses 11 and 12 by saying that the Gospel he preached was not devised by human wisdom, nor had he received it from the other apostles; rather, he was taught it directly by Jesus Christ Himself. He continues by reminding them that he had been trained in and was fanatically devoted to the erroneous traditions of Judaism. When God called Paul on the Damascus road, he was commissioned to preach the Gospel of Christ.

Paul said that when Christ called him, he did not go to Jerusalem to receive instruction from the apostles. Rather, he retired into Arabia for a time and not until three years later did he go to Jerusalem. Even then, the only apostle he met was Peter, and the only other leader he met was James, the presiding elder of the Jerusalem church. It has often been remarked that Paul clearly implied that he spent three years being taught by Jesus Himself (1:12), either directly or (perhaps more likely) through the study of the Word. Thus, like the other apostles, Paul studied with Christ for three years before beginning his ministry (compare Acts 1:21).

Thus, Paul established for the Galatians that he received the Gospel by the same means as the other apostles —directly from Jesus. Fourteen years after his conversion, he had occasion to go to Jerusalem and there he met privately with the leaders, including the apostles Peter and John (2:1–10). He reports to the Galatians that they compared notes and found that there was absolutely no difference between what he had been teaching for eleven years in Antioch and what the apostles had been teaching in Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria. There never had been a problem, nor was there one currently, between Paul’s message and the teaching of the Jerusalem church.

The point Paul is making to the Galatians is that there has never been any question about the content of the Gospel. The same Christ taught Peter and Paul, and both men were in complete agreement. Liogeneer.org

hope this helps !!!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Peter actually, first preached The Gospel to Gentiles, not Paul (see Acts 10 & 11).

Per Acts 9, Jesus sent Paul to preach to 1) Gentiles; and 2) to kings; and to 3) the children of Israel. So those who try to say what Peter and Paul preached as being two different gospels is just a bunch of men's hogwash!

And Paul DID immediately confer with the disciples at Damascus after he was baptized by Ananias...

Acts 9:17-20
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
KJV

Then per Acts 9:26-29, Paul when he came to Jerusalem the disciples there were afraid of him, but Barnabas declared to the Apostles there how Paul had preached Jesus boldly at Damascus. Then Paul went with the Apostles there at Jerusalem, coming and going out at Jerusalem preaching The Gospel.

That shows Paul preached the SAME Gospel that Peter and the other disciples did, and... that Paul associated with disciples at Damascus immediately after his baptism. So even though Jesus appeared to Paul personally, and chose Him, that still did not mean he was given a different Gospel than what the other Apostles were given.

Yet there has been a group of men in the past couple of centuries that keep claiming there is not just 1 Gospel of Jesus Christ, but instead 2 Gospels. By that those men try to split Christ's Church into one church for Jews, and another church for Gentiles. Apostle Paul never taught ANY DOCTRINE such as that, nor did he ever split Christ's Church up into two separate factions! Those who do that show how they are RACISTS. It's the same 'old covenant' working by orthodox Jews who believe they should remain separate from Gentiles, and also anti-Semitic Gentiles who separate themselves from Jewish believers on Christ. It's a type of 'race war', and that's all there is to it.

What Apostle Paul taught is that Christ's many-membered body is made up of BOTH believing Jew and believing Gentile, together as one body (Galatians 3:28-29).

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apostle Peter actually, first preached The Gospel to Gentiles, not Paul (see Acts 10 & 11).

Per Acts 9, Jesus sent Paul to preach to 1) Gentiles; and 2) to kings; and to 3) the children of Israel. So those who try to say what Peter and Paul preached as being two different gospels is just a bunch of men's hogwash!

And Paul DID immediately confer with the disciples at Damascus after he was baptized by Ananias...

Acts 9:17-20
17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.
18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
KJV

Then per Acts 9:26-29, Paul when he came to Jerusalem the disciples there were afraid of him, but Barnabas declared to the Apostles there how Paul had preached Jesus boldly at Damascus. Then Paul went with the Apostles there at Jerusalem, coming and going out at Jerusalem preaching The Gospel.

That shows Paul preached the SAME Gospel that Peter and the other disciples did, and... that Paul associated with disciples at Damascus immediately after his baptism. So even though Jesus appeared to Paul personally, and chose Him, that still did not mean he was given a different Gospel than what the other Apostles were given.

Yet there has been a group of men in the past couple of centuries that keep claiming there is not just 1 Gospel of Jesus Christ, but instead 2 Gospels. By that those men try to split Christ's Church into one church for Jews, and another church for Gentiles. Apostle Paul never taught ANY DOCTRINE such as that, nor did he ever split Christ's Church up into two separate factions! Those who do that show how they are RACISTS. It's the same 'old covenant' working by orthodox Jews who believe they should remain separate from Gentiles, and also anti-Semitic Gentiles who separate themselves from Jewish believers on Christ. It's a type of 'race war', and that's all there is to it.

What Apostle Paul taught is that Christ's many-membered body is made up of BOTH believing Jew and believing Gentile, together as one body (Galatians 3:28-29).
What ever happened to all the letters Peter wrote? Or did he?

It is interesting though. In the OT it's always Israel being led away by the gentile nations and having to be punished for tuening away from God. Time and time again, always backsliding and never coming to the truth.
Then there are all the passages about a Light coming to the gentiles.
Israel is supposed to be that light but they can't carry the torch. They just keep dropping the ball.
And maybe they are jealous and they don't want to share the inheritance..
And So God in the form of man, Jesus comes and shines the light on both the Jews and the Gentiles. Drawing all men to himself.
Abraham is the father of the promise to Israel and also to the Gentiles but everyone has to enter that same door of faith.
Its the.. what did Jesus call them, Publicans and sinners.. they would come first and after that... after they have been converted..
turned around and heading back to God.
That's the branches in the Olive tree and the gentiles being grafted IN.
I get roused a bit when everyone thinks Christianity is supposed to be seperate from Judaism.
Because if it wan't for the Torah and Israel, how would we ever know God?
To the Law and to the Testimony..
Isa 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
The Law is the OT and the Testimony is the NT.. the old and the new.
But you can't put new wine into old wineskins.. You can't turn Israel into Gentiles.
You need to put the new wine into new wine skins.. Now there is neither Jew nor Gentile (through faith) we are all in Christ Jesus.
The two become one..
anywho..
That's how I understand it..
I'm still learning
HUGS

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Peter preached Christ.

Paul preaches Christ.

I am not persuaded that these men (Peter and Paul) had different messages.
Peter was a fisherman, Paul was an academic. The very nature of their backgrounds will give each man its own 'flavour' in presenting the Gospel for which they died.

The inspiration and Spirit with which both these men were anointed is not at odds with itself. We must be careful not to create division otherwise we witness to the dichotomy within ourselves.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It is interesting though. In the OT it's always Israel being led away by the gentile nations and having to be punished for tuening away from God. Time and time again, always backsliding and never coming to the truth.
Israel is supposed to be that light but they can't carry the torch. They just keep dropping the ball.
And maybe they are jealous and they don't want to share the inheritance..
And So God in the form of man, Jesus comes and shines the light on both the Jews and the Gentiles. Drawing all men to himself.
Abraham is the father of the promise to Israel and also to the Gentiles but everyone has to enter that same door of faith.
Its the.. what did Jesus call them, Publicans and sinners.. they would come first and after that... after they have been converted..
turned around and heading back to God.
That's the branches in the Olive tree and the gentiles being grafted IN.
I get roused a bit when everyone thinks Christianity is supposed to be seperate from Judaism.
Because if it wan't for the Torah and Israel, how would we ever know God?
To the Law and to the Testimony..
Isa 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
The Law is the OT and the Testimony is the NT.. the old and the new.
But you can't put new wine into old wineskins.. You can't turn Israel into Gentiles.
You need to put the new wine into new wine skins.. Now there is neither Jew nor Gentile (through faith) we are all in Christ Jesus.
The two become one..
anywho..
That's how I understand it..
I'm still learning
HUGS
The greater 'Christian' movement has created confusion between Law and Gospel. A spin has been applied which distorts ones understanding of the Old Testament and misrepresents the New.
It results in a Laodicean Church the message to which is clear.....lift your game!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The greater 'Christian' movement has created confusion between Law and Gospel. A spin has been applied which distorts ones understanding of the Old Testament and misrepresents the New.
It results in a Laodicean Church the message to which is clear.....lift your game!
Nobody likes laws..
But it sure would be a crazy place without them.
I can understand the confusion, Paul didn't make it that easy to digest.
I think he was struggling himself trying to "work out" his own salvation.
How old is the Old testament 4000 years or something like that?
And today we have trouble with 400 year old slavery issues.
It must of been difficult for Paul after having lived his whole life "under the law" of Moses and having to learn about
living the law through faith and not by works.
It's not about how many platters you wash or how many times you bathe.
The law was never meant for the flesh, it was meant for the spirit that is led by God which keeps it.
It's such a hard topic and I can understand how Paul struggled with it. And why we struggle with it.
It's the dividing line between flesh and spirit. And you have to get over the finish line, in order to "get it" .
And there are a lot of things for me where that finish line is hard to get over.
Just thinking..
HUGS

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter preached Christ.

Paul preaches Christ.

The New Testament is concealed in the Old, and the Old Testament is revealed in the New.

The gospel was spoken of since the world began but it was also concealed in the pages of holy scripture; as was the case in the parables of Jesus; in which men would hear and not understand and see and yet not perceive what was being spoken to them.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nobody likes laws..
But it sure would be a crazy place without them.
I can understand the confusion, Paul didn't make it that easy to digest.
I think he was struggling himself trying to "work out" his own salvation.
How old is the Old testament 4000 years or something like that?
And today we have trouble with 400 year old slavery issues.
It must of been difficult for Paul after having lived his whole life "under the law" of Moses and having to learn about
living the law through faith and not by works.
It's not about how many platters you wash or how many times you bathe.
The law was never meant for the flesh, it was meant for the spirit that is led by God which keeps it.
It's such a hard topic and I can understand how Paul struggled with it. And why we struggle with it.
It's the dividing line between flesh and spirit. And you have to get over the finish line, in order to "get it" .
And there are a lot of things for me where that finish line is hard to get over.
Just thinking..
HUGS
Personally I don't think Paul struggled with Law issues once his eyes were opened. He saw the issues very clearly. Peter also saw them clearly although he did succumb to cowardice which Paul called him on....to which he came clean.

Law issues are always struggled with when the shutters have not been lifted from ones eyes. The misunderstanding between ceremonial and moral, between cultural and moral, between what God reveals and how it is interpreted by the man/woman receiving the revelation; this includes the Prophets.

Without discernment, without feeling the need for discernment, folk are left to their imaginations/ limitations.

God is respectful to the enth degree. He will not force our hand even in understanding.

This is the operative principle:- ask and it will be given, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened......not necessarily in a blinding flash but as self honesty surfaces; as continuing willingness and effort is applied, the jig saw, ie the mystery hidden for ages unfolds in a persons consciousness/understanding and the right connections are made......all else is religious self focused self seeking self importance.....a fog/blinding cast by the god of this world.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law issues are always struggled with when the shutters have not been lifted from ones eyes. The misunderstanding between ceremonial and moral, between cultural and moral, between what God reveals and how it is interpreted by the man/woman receiving the revelation; this includes the Prophets.
The law issues are difficult.
I was working on Psalm1 and I come across a story of Jetro, Moses' father in law. And I ran across a part where Jethro tells Moses that the job God has given him is too heavy and he should get some help. Moses agrees, and Jethro goes bacj into the wild blue yonder.
Later on in the Bible we find that God gave them laws that were not good.. huh?
Eze 20:24 Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.
Eze 20:25 Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;
Eze 20:26 And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.

So along with the ordinances of the temple and the sacrifices under the Levitical peiesthood being done away. Because Christ fulfilled those in his own body. He is our High Priest. He is our Sacrifice. there are also statutes and judgements that are in there that are not good.
That would be the part where Jesus says.. Ye have heard it said before... But I say... he came to remove the bad ones and clean it up, make it new again.
Then the dietary laws, the more I looked the more I found that food like shellfish, yummy good some like lobster, some like clams..
but they have characteristics about them that are much more beneficial than the actual food itself.
They are bottom feedersand scavengers. They eat things that clean fish who eat higher up off the ground eat.
The gills and the scales, they have air/breath moving through them. I don't know about the scales...hmm

but the gills:
Even though fish can live their lives underwater, they still need oxygen to “breathe”. Instead of breathing air, fish must get their oxygen from the water. This process requires large volumes of water to pass through absorption surfaces to get enough oxygen into their bodies using their mouths and gills.
scales:
Scales protect fish from predators and parasites and reduce friction with the water. Multiple, overlapping scales provide a flexible covering that allows fish to move easily while swimming.

So breathing and protection from parasites. And shellfish don't have these.Thus clean/unclean....
although I truly believe the lesson is in the reason WHY they are considered so.
OfcoursePaulgoes through all the taste not,touch not.. because it'snot about the world we see with our flesh, it's about the world we see with the spirit.

You have to want to learn..
If your not willing to go digging..
and I got lots of shovels :)

anywhoo
Thank You quietthinker!
HUGS

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually Jesus is that Light that Isaiah was prophesying in regard to the Gentiles. It's in regard to the Gospel being sent to the Gentiles. That Israel did through God's ordaining, as the majority of the ten tribes were scattered among the Gentiles, and after a period of their wallowing in Baalism and losing knowledge of their heritage as Israel, the Gospel was preached to them after Jesus was rejected in Jerusalem, and thus began the start of the western Christian nations of history, Britain becoming the first nation to accept Christ Jesus on a national scale. And then the history of ambassadors in The Gospel sent to the nations began.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter preached Christ.

Paul preaches Christ.

na you're way off the beaten path.

its true the gospel has been preached since the beginning :

Gen 3:15  And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. 

(first prophesy of the coming of Christ by the way)

of which Paul says was a mystery. its pathetic to say because Peter didn't document that it was a mystery they were preaching different gospels.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And God said, Let there be Light. And God saw the Light that it was Good.
Amen.

HUGS

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter preached Christ.

Paul preaches Christ.

If it was not a mystery, then why didn't Israel recognize Jesus as the Messiah? It's a mystery to the world. Rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Luke 10
[21] In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
[22] All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.
[23] And he turned him unto his disciples, and said privately, Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see:
[24] For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.