prayer for who is clearly right, me or psychiatrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My psychiatrist says things that are quite backward to me. she says that if I feel tired then that means I can't get off of my medication whereas I've been back to the highest dose for 3 months due to her failure of getting me off of this addictive medication. I still feel tired even on the highest I've ever been so I don't think it's that or that she's right. I think it's because I need to get off of my medication to get me feeling less tired. And I have felt tired after a long time on this dose, 2-3 months later. Thanks a lot for listening.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My psychiatrist says things that are quite backward to me. she says that if I feel tired then that means I can't get off of my medication whereas I've been back to the highest dose for 3 months due to her failure of getting me off of this addictive medication. I still feel tired even on the highest I've ever been so I don't think it's that or that she's right. I think it's because I need to get off of my medication to get me feeling less tired. And I have felt tired after a long time on this dose, 2-3 months later. Thanks a lot for listening.
What are you taking?

Reactions: dev553344

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi; keep praying and feeding on God's Word; don't stop your meds, unless the doc. says, otherwise it can be harmful.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I needed a med increase some years ago. My psychiatrist tried me out of 5 different meds before I could get out of bed and be awake. I told him I could not take the meds that were making me sleepy. He eventually got upset with me and said I wasn't accepting a medication. Luckily at that time they came out with a new med from Germany that worked and didn't make me tired.

:pray: I pray that you and your psychiatrist can work this out appropriately and that God will provide for you.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you should be soliciting opinions online about such a subtle medical condition. If you've lost confidence in your psychiatrist, you should get a 2nd opinion from a certified psychiatrist.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi T.L.P.
If you go to a non Christian psych doc, you will get the worlds view of things and get little help. Does she know you are a Christian?
God has blessed me with a great doc of which knows I am a Christian so, no "group therapy" for me. I only have to see her online couple times a year.
I wish you well here sister.
Prayers.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What are you taking?
I'm taking an anti-psychotic medication for feeling extreme anxiety from worrying in the past but it wasn't the anti-psychotic that helped me, it was a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals that helped stop the worrying shortly after I took it later but I was trying different anti-psychotic medications at the time and I know how it went and didn't work and caused me problems. So I know my psychiatrist is into her thoughts in her field and some things I didn't even correct her so that she would be wrong so I am going to reduce my medication very slowly. I just want God in my prayers and to be real in my life. Thank you everyone!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm taking an anti-psychotic medication for feeling extreme anxiety from worrying in the past but it wasn't the anti-psychotic that helped me, it was a natural supplement of vitamins and minerals that helped stop the worrying shortly after I took it later but I was trying different anti-psychotic medications at the time and I know how it went and didn't work and caused me problems. So I know my psychiatrist is into her thoughts in her field and some things I didn't even correct her so that she would be wrong so I am going to reduce my medication very slowly. I just want God in my prayers and to be real in my life. Thank you everyone!
You may be able to try that with anxiety, but not advisable for people with schizophrenia like I have.