Preaching at the Tavern

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Yesterday I heard a news story on a Women who holds church service in a Bar/pub. Patrons are allowed to drink their beer .. While attending What do you think of this ...right? wrong ?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Well, I'll be the first to comment. It all depends,, does she own the bar? Is she condoning people getting drunk? Or is she allowed at the bar to preach the gospel to the patrons?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fascinating...my first thought was ---"I bet she's thinking this is the only way to get to this particular population. Hmmm, brilliant."If I got into my humorous head space I'd have alot more to say. :DMiss Hepburn

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No she has nothing to do with the Bar she is just allowed to hold service there they provided a table and chairs and its popular with the patrons ... Now this was a very nice Pub type place ..But its still a bar ...

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Well, I think it's a great idea. There's many times when I was drunk when the Lord spoke to me, or I heard something from someone about God. Each time it stuck with me and I beleive it helped spurr me to where I am today. Know no bounds IMHO,,,

rob

Sep 2, 2009
(Philippians 1:18) .........in every way,......Christ is announced: and in this I rejoice; yes, and I will rejoice; Paul rejoices no matter
how or where the (Christ) gospel is preached. How many of us have the boldness to enter a pub and preach Christ?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Jesus went to the sinners and didn't wait for them to come to Him. Still, I have mixed feelings about going into some places--like the pastor who went to a strip joint to preach. He sat there and watched the strip act, and then got up to preach. He said something like, "Now that's a hard act to follow."

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I've been reading about gambling and gamblers lately. There's a world renown Poker "expert" player named Doyle Brunson. He's been a champion poker player since the 1950's. He's gotten very rich playing poker tournaments and such.

He grew up Baptist, and his parents were strong Christian types. Anyway,, years ago his daughter died, she was pretty young I think. That changed his life. He now claims to be a Christian, and is known to leave tournaments and games to go to church.

What I find the most interesting is not that he's still gambling professionaly even after coming back to the Lord. What's the most interesting is his pastor is a friend of his. This pastor goes with him to tournaments if possible. They hold bible studies during the tournaments! The preacherman says, he sees alot of people playing that need help. All he wants to do is try to help them.

So, this poker champion, turned Christian, brings his preacherman friend with him to tournaments, and they have bible studies with alot of other poker players. Awesome! God can go anywhere!