What is the Kingdom of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the Kingdom of God?

The Kingdom of God is something in which we strive to enter.
The Kingdom of God is where he wants to spend time with us.

More importantly than what is it, is where is it?

Hugs
Amen...exactly. Where is the kingdom of God that we are to seek first? I think many believers try to avoid the ramifications of that very command of Jesus. I think many are not interested in something that has that level of commitment and cost. They would rather opt for a salvation scheme that is against...even attacks... the kind of faith that would take the words of Jesus that seriously.

Hugs and peace.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Pe 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Luk 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Mat 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

We are the Kingdom that Jesus is building to rest in.
We are His Sabbath day.
We are the seventh day.
And all his works he works through us. The same way his father worked through him.

We don't see it yet, but we will, if we fail not.
The birthing pains are hard and the timing is getting closer.

But many are not ready to enter. Because they have work to do that they do not know, and the world is not very good at instructions.

Picture a Kingdom in your mind. You have the Throne where the King sits, the courtyard. The priests and the singers. Those that offer sacrifices and those that take up collections. You have the royaly, the citizenry and the government which is over all.

You are being formed into the Kingdom for God to rest in.

We are the stones in the walls, the pillars that hold the ceiling, we are the spoons and forks which feed eachother. We are the bowls and the lamps. Everyone has a role to play from the greatest to the least.

Rev 21:14
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev 21:18
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19
And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20
The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1Co 3:10
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

At one time Babylon ruled a Kingdom but it became polluted and every fowl bird made it's lodging in the branches.
So God took the Kingdom and began a reknewing of it by the reknewing of our minds and by our faith and trust in His Word.

What is being built, that which we can not see with carnal eyes is the New Jerusalem which Jesus Christ purchased with his own blood.
We are that city on a hill. We are the Kingdom of God. We are his Sabbath day in which when the work is done the he shall rest in with us and we shall rest in him.
Our job is to believe and behave as if it has already been done. And while we are in the flesh conduct ourselves as living in the spirit already prepared for us.

Jhn 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Who can see this?
Who has ears to hear what the spirit saith?

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

1Pe 2:5
Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Luk 17:21
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Mat 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Rev 21:23
And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

We are the Kingdom that Jesus is building to rest in.
We are His Sabbath day.
We are the seventh day.
And all his works he works through us. The same way his father worked through him.

We don't see it yet, but we will, if we fail not.
The birthing pains are hard and the timing is getting closer.

But many are not ready to enter. Because they have work to do that they do not know, and the world is not very good at instructions.

Picture a Kingdom in your mind. You have the Throne where the King sits, the courtyard. The priests and the singers. Those that offer sacrifices and those that take up collections. You have the royaly, the citizenry and the government which is over all.

You are being formed into the Kingdom for God to rest in.

We are the stones in the walls, the pillars that hold the ceiling, we are the spoons and forks which feed eachother. We are the bowls and the lamps. Everyone has a role to play from the greatest to the least.

Rev 21:14
And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Rev 21:18
And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
Rev 21:19
And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
Rev 21:20
The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
Rev 21:21
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Rev 21:22
And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

1Co 3:9
For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
1Co 3:10
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

At one time Babylon ruled a Kingdom but it became polluted and every fowl bird made it's lodging in the branches.
So God took the Kingdom and began a reknewing of it by the reknewing of our minds and by our faith and trust in His Word.

What is being built, that which we can not see with carnal eyes is the New Jerusalem which Jesus Christ purchased with his own blood.
We are that city on a hill. We are the Kingdom of God. We are his Sabbath day in which when the work is done the he shall rest in with us and we shall rest in him.
Our job is to believe and behave as if it has already been done. And while we are in the flesh conduct ourselves as living in the spirit already prepared for us.

Jhn 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Who can see this?
Who has ears to hear what the spirit saith?

Hugs
I think it is easy to miss the paradoxes of spiritual life...eternal life.

The kingdom of God is within you??? Within the Pharisees? Or...the kingdom of God is experienced from within.

When a person is translated into the kingdom realm...their body remains on earth...although the walk is in Zion in the holy presence of God. That realm is experienced from within. As we enter INTO Christ we are filled with His Spirit. So then yes, the kingdom of God is found within...although the actual POWER of that experience comes from heaven. Of course very few will experience this among the myriads who name and claim something that is not yet true of them.

If we become God's temple then we are holy as God is holy...without any sin whatsoever....pure and sanctified. Anything less and we are just speculating about things that a far above us.

Part of the renewing of the mind is to realize that unless we are walking as Jesus walked...without sin, then we are still in the futility of our own minds.

Only as we walk in the higher walk of the Spirit can we begin to grasp the depth of the gospel. As such we become spoiled for anything less..such as the religious or carnal projections that masquerade as truth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Hugs

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1Co 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Hugs
As long as seeing through a glass darkly is not a premise for thinking that a half-truth is better than no truth at all.

Reactions: faithfulness

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as seeing through a glass darkly is not a premise for thinking that a half-truth is better than no truth at all.
You know what prevents us mostly from seeing the truth?
Fear.
We are afraid that if we take a chance on believing what someone says is truth, we don't want to displease God by falling into the trap of being led by false prophets.
I get that.
But when the Word of God testifies of itself and one comes in with a revelation or a psalm or an interpretation, we should listen.
I'm not saying swallow it line and sinker, I'm saying be a Barean and search it for yourself whether it be true or not.

And there is a reason God put certain people in the church..

1Co 14:26
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1Co 14:27
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1Co 14:29
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1Co 14:30
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1Co 14:31
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

So I guess the first thing you do is test the spirit and see if they are walking in unity to build up the church rather than to tear it down.
Check the scriptures to see if what is said matches what has already been provided.
In the OT the prophets God sent weren't often comforting. He sent them to warn them that the end for them was even at the door.

Jesus says that we should comfort one another and lift each other up. But also there are warnings. Not to cause fear, but to wake people up and give them some strong coffee. Because the time is at hand.
Vigilant and sober is the opposite of slumberly and sluggard.
And the church today is soft and gentle, and no warnings are given.

If we don't wake up we're going to miss the most important event to happen, thuse such as which not has been seen since the beginning of the world.
Do I say this only, or does the scripture say this as well.
Judge in your own self, study for yourself.

Hear what God gives you to hear and then Listen.

Only the devil tells half truths. If you see a half truth point it out. Then the one speaking it can go back and recheck to make sure they got it right. That's why we're in this together. o help eachother grow. And no one is above another , we are all each others brother or sister, or whoever God uses to get his message across.

Bless you brother.
Hugs

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know what prevents us mostly from seeing the truth?
Fear.
We are afraid that if we take a chance on believing what someone says is truth, we don't want to displease God by falling into the trap of being led by false prophets.
I get that.

So true.
But when the Word of God testifies of itself and one comes in with a revelation or a psalm or an interpretation, we should listen.
I'm not saying swallow it line and sinker, I'm saying be a Barean and search it for yourself whether it be true or not.

Amen. Chances are that the devil and false teacher will go easy on you for being a believer in an easy gospel scheme.
And there is a reason God put certain people in the church..

1Co 14:26
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
1Co 14:27
If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.
1Co 14:28
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
1Co 14:29
Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
1Co 14:30
If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.
1Co 14:31
For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32
And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
1Co 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

So I guess the first thing you do is test the spirit and see if they are walking in unity to build up the church rather than to tear it down.

And at what level? The false unity that people promote is a far cry from people being members one of another. Only the dishonest would refute this in favour of the easy believism that is promoted today...that has NO LOVE in it at all.
Check the scriptures to see if what is said matches what has already been provided.
In the OT the prophets God sent weren't often comforting. He sent them to warn them that the end for them was even at the door.

People HATE prophets. People hate the truth. And poetry is often overrated.

The master-stroke of the devil is to fill the pews with people who hate the truth and who hate prophets and get them to shout down actual disciples of Christ. So the monkeys have taken over the zoo. The solution for the servant of God is to depart from Babylon.
Jesus says that we should comfort one another and lift each other up. But also there are warnings. Not to cause fear, but to wake people up and give them some strong coffee. Because the time is at hand.
Vigilant and sober is the opposite of slumberly and sluggard.
And the church today is soft and gentle, and no warnings are given.

The comfort is there AFTER the cross...not instead of it.
If we don't wake up we're going to miss the most important event to happen, thuse such as which not has been seen since the beginning of the world.
Do I say this only, or does the scripture say this as well.
Judge in your own self, study for yourself.

Hear what God gives you to hear and then Listen.

People will get a second chance who miss the rapture. Many saints will be created through the great tribulation. Blessed are they who die in the Lord from now on...sort of thing.
Only the devil tells half truths. If you see a half truth point it out. Then the one speaking it can go back and recheck to make sure they got it right. That's why we're in this together. o help eachother grow. And no one is above another , we are all each others brother or sister, or whoever God uses to get his message across.

Bless you brother.
Hugs
I admire your optimism. Pointing out error and half-truths...gets you hated on the level of a prophet and truth teller. The pews are full of unbelievers.

Reactions: faithfulness

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So true.

Amen. Chances are that the devil and false teacher will go easy on you for being a believer in an easy gospel scheme.

And at what level? The false unity that people promote is a far cry from people being members one of another. Only the dishonest would refute this in favour of the easy believism that is promoted today...that has NO LOVE in it at all.

People HATE prophets. People hate the truth. And poetry is often overrated.

The master-stroke of the devil is to fill the pews with people who hate the truth and who hate prophets and get them to shout down actual disciples of Christ. So the monkeys have taken over the zoo. The solution for the servant of God is to depart from Babylon.

The comfort is there AFTER the cross...not instead of it.

People will get a second chance who miss the rapture. Many saints will be created through the great tribulation. Blessed are they who die in the Lord from now on...sort of thing.

I admire your optimism. Pointing out error and half-truths...gets you hated on the level of a prophet and truth teller. The pews are full of unbelievers.
I believe that the first rapture we are part of will be the only one Israel will have seeing they neglected the first calling.
But Christians in this new age, this is our first chance, like Israel was given a first chance when Jesus came.

But you know, going through the OT God has never stopped giving anyone many chances.
Even Peter asked, how many times should I forgive my brother, seven times? And Jesus said seventy seven times seven.
I don't think we're meant to actually keep count though. I believe Jesus meant as long as they are willing to ask for forgiveness.

And that comes to another point. You have to truly be repentant and not just say it with your mouth and go do it again.
Or like some places where you commit a horrendous sin and you confess to somebody, they tell you to say a few prayers and you get let off the hook.
Because most people if they willing to commit horrendous crimes then legitimate prayer ... it's just for show.
I plead guilty your honour, go easy on my sentence.
That's not for man, that's for God. He's the judge. But man has taken the liberty once again to sit in Moses seat and play boss.

I'm trying not to bash anyone's religion, but facts is facts.
And lots of religions I just can't connect with. They all have some good and some evil in them.
They are all unequally yoked.
Some take this verse and build their "kingdom" on that verse, others take other verses and build their "kingdoms" .
But the bible says that in the end Jesus will offer up to God ALL the kingdoms of the world.

The churches are the sacrifices he died for. And only he can make them clean and presentable.
All we can do is warn them.

I'm not affiliated with any church or denomination. It's just me and the Lord spending our days and nights together infront of this computer talking to my friends in this forum. The only other tab is opened is the Blue Letter Bible website so I can follow scripture while I chat with you all.

Welcome to my world
:D
Hugs