Pride

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The root of all evil does not just affect those who are not redeemed. We are all subject to it. I remember 20 years ago when I used to play chess and ran into people who studied day and night on how to beat their opponents as quickly as possible. They were convinced that the longer they studied and the more famous games they knew how to replicate, the better they would be. Unfortunately, with a game like chess, players who get better have to deal with personal arrogance. I remember many times when beginning players would come into a competition and win more than one game with players that were much better than they were - nothing made good players more angry!

Christians are the same way - it is the human condition. Just like in chess - the more you think you understand the mechanics of doctrine - the more personal arrogance you have to confront. Unfortunately, many churches seem to only value a cognitive understanding of scripture and overlook a person who is ignoring his own arrogance - "at least he knows his scriptures and can fight off people who disagree with the Bible", they think to themselves....

So what is to be done? Is arrogance ok if we know our doctrine? Should arrogant Christians be confronted? Is it our place to confront arrogance in our Body, or should we allow the Holy Spirit to confront the sinner?

Peace