• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is BIBLE THEOLOGY. Read the passage regarding the 70 weeks of Daniel again. If the Jesuits happen to agree more power to them. But the SDA concept of Bible prophecy is bogus, as I already showed you regarding the 2300 days of Daniel.
Let's look together, and see who is in harmony with scripture.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision (chazon; H2377) and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.​

Have you studied the word "determined" (Genesis 1:1 (KJV)) (Strong's #02852 - חָתַךְ - Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon) (נחתך Pesachim 74a *) in Daniel 9:24? (see also Acts 17:26), what is the 70 weeks "determined" from?

In Daniel 9:23, what "vision" is referred to?

Dan 9:23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision. (mareh, H4758)​

Why does Gabriel continually mention the word "understand" (vs 22, 23, 25) and "know" in connection with the word "vision"?

Dan 9:22 And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.​

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.​

What did Daniel not previously "understand" that he needed understanding in?

Dan 8:27 And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.
Out of the entire "vision" in Daniel 8 what was not explained in full by Gabriel?

Dan 8:15 And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

Dan 8:16 And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision.

Dan 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

Dan 8:19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

Dan 8:26 And the vision of the evening and the morning which was told is true: wherefore shut thou up the vision; for it shall be for many days.​

Was it the Ram?

Was it the He-Goat?

Was it the 4 smaller horns?

Was it the additional little horn?

Or was it the 2,300 days (evening/mornings)?

Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
Did Daniel 8 explicitly speak of the exact beginning of the 2,300, or did it only mention a nation in which to look for its beginning? What nation was ruling when the 2,300 "vision" began?

חָתַךְ (b. h.) 1) to cut, dissect; to sever. Ḥull. 33ᵃ חוֹתֵךְ כזית וכ׳ cuts out flesh of the size of an olive. Ib. 32ᵃ ח׳ דלעת וכ׳ if in slaughtering he cut a pumpkin at the same time. Ib. 48ᵇ a. e. חוֹתְכָהּ מכאן וכ׳ he amputates on one place and the animal survives &c. Bets. 32ᵇ חוֹתְכָהּ באיר he may sever the wick over the light. Y. Meg. IV, 75ᵃ חותך the reader cuts one verse into two (reading Gen. I, 5, a. I, 8 as two verses severally); a. fr.—[Lev. R. s. 10 לחתוך את אביו וכ׳, v. חָתַר.]—Part. pass. חָתוּךְ cut into, having the incisions of limbs &c., outlined. Nidd. 24ᵇ גוף שאינו ח׳ a shapeless body (not articulated); ראש שאינו ח׳ a shapeless head (without indications of the nose &c.) Ib. 24ᵃ יד חֲתוּכָה a well-shaped hand (of an embryo); a. fr. —2) (cmp. פָּסַק, גָּזַר) to decide, sentence. Lev. R. s. 4, beg. (ref. to התוך, Jer. XXXIX, 3) ששם חוֹתְכִין את ההלכה for there they decide the practice. Ib. וחוֹתֶכֶת דיניהם וכ׳ and decides the cases &c. Shebu. 30ᵇ bot. אֶחְתְּכֶנּוּ I will decide the case (in accordance with the testimony).—Part. pass. as ab. Y. Snh. IV, beg. 22ᵃ אילו … התורה חתוכה if the Law had been given in the form of clear decisions (leaving no room for differences of opinion, discretion &c.)

Nif. - נֶחְתַּךְ 1) to be cut off, severed; to be cut into. Ḥull. IV, 6 שנֶחְתְּכוּ רגליה whose feet have been amputated. Ib. 32ᵃ נֶחְתְּכָה דלעת וכ׳ if by accident a pumpkin has been cut simultaneously with the animal (opp. to חָתַךְ, v. supra); a. fr. —2) to be decided, decreed. Meg. 15ᵃ (play on ה̇ת̇ך̇, Esth. IV, 5) שכל … נֶחְ֗תָּ֗כִ֗ין על יפיו all the government affairs were decided upon his opinion.

Pi. - חִיתֵּךְ 1) to cut. Ḥull. IV, 2 מְחַתֵּךְ אבר אבר he may cut off limb after limb. Ib. 98ᵇ מחתך לה וכ׳ he carves the foreleg and then boils it.—Part. pass. מְחוּתָּךְ piecemeal, limbwise. Y. Nidd. III, 50ᶜ יצא מח׳ if the embryo came out by pieces.

—2)
to decide. Snh. 7ᵇ צדק … חַתְּכֵהוּ make the case clear and then decide it. Ber. 61ᵃ לשון מְחַתֵּךְ וכ׳ the tongue forms the sentence, the mouth closes (the case, makes it irreversible). —3) to dig ore (in lumps). Keth. 77ᵃ (expl. מצרף) המְחַתֵּךְ … מעיקרו he who digs copper in the shaft. [Tosef. Ohol. IV, 3 וחיתכו, וחתכו, read: והִתִּיכוֹ or והִיתְּכוֹ, v. נָתַךְ a. התך.]

חֲתַךְ ch. same. Pa. חַתֵּיךְ to cut off. Ḥull. 11ᵃ ח׳ ליה לגמרי he severed it entirely, v. לוּף.—Part. pass. מְחַתַּךְ in pieces. Targ. Y. Lev. VII, 30 (ed. Amst. מַחְתַּךְ, incorr.). Targ. Y. I Num. XII, 12 כד מח׳ (not מְחַתֵּיךְ).

Ithpa. - אִתְחַתַּךְ to be cut, to be decided. Targ. Esth. IV, 5 (v. Meg. 15ᵃ, quot. in preced.).

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... twenty shekels, five and twenty shekels, fifteen shekels, shall be your maneh. ...

Dozen and a half, four score and ten; mile and a quarter; three and a quarter cups; -- all legitimate. Seven and sixty-two is NOT found in any society or any Scripture.

The RSV and a hand full of other Versions have it correct. Your KJV has a FALSE "Jesus" agenda which NEITHER History nor Scripture support.

… and I don't think you will accept the TRUTH over your doctrines,
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first beast (of the Sea) of Revelation 13, is the antichrist system. It is the same as the 'little horn' of Daniel 7, which is also the antichristian system. Both are political/religious systems. Is there a position, in which a single man sits, as its head, yes. Is the ultimate antichrist, the ultimate son of perdition, satan, behind it all, yes.

The ten horns of Revelation 13, are not the 10 horns of Revelation 17. Revelation 13 is tied to Daniel 7, while Revelation 17 is tied to Daniel 2.

The 1st beast is a kingdom. The final Antichrist is to be a 'king'. Can't have a king without a kingdom.

The "little horn" of Daniel 7 is the beast king. Per Dan.7, the "little horn" comes up among the ten horns (ten kings). It is this one here...

Rev 17:8-13
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

Just as Rev.13 speaks of 2 different beasts, the first beast, a kingdom, and then "another beast", a person, so it is in Rev.17. If one does not stay disciplined paying attention they will miss this point in Rev.17. This verse 8 beast is an entity, the devil himself that will ascend out of the bottomless pit. The world will wonder at that beast as to his true identity.

9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

Verse 9 is a change of subject back to the beast kingdom idea. It's to cover seven mountains, or areas of the earth, because Rev.17:15 reveals the 'waters' represent nations, and not just a city.

10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

Verse 10 goes back to the subject of the beast king. Five beast kings were history, one existed in John's day (emperor Domitian). The 7th was, and still is yet to come, and will be the final Antichrist of this present world. And he will continue a short space, which is a pointer to Rev.12:12 regarding Satan when he is cast out of the heavenly down to our earth.

11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.

Verse 11 is about the beast of verse 8 and 10. Satan exalted himself when he first rebelled against God, and then God ended his rebellion, and Satan has been trying to get a one-world kingdom established on earth again in this world. His role as that 8th beast king will be after Christ's future "thousand years" reign when he is loosed one final time to deceive the nations. The 7th is his de facto coming at the end of this present world.

12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Here is where Dan.7 about the "little horn" links to. The beast those ten kings receive power "one hour" with is the beast king, the Antichrist, Satan himself. That is about the beast king. The total number of kings in Dan.7 is eleven, not ten. The "little horn" that comes to power among the ten represents an eleventh king. That's who this "beast" is here in verse 12, the beast king of the previous verses.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten horns of Revelation 13, are not the 10 horns of Revelation 17. Revelation 13 is tied to Daniel 7, while Revelation 17 is tied to Daniel 2.

You're terribly wrong about that. The symbols shown John in Rev.17 specifically are related to both the 1st beast kingdom and the 2nd beast person of Rev.13.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would give you the impression, in this thread, that I do what you (incorrectly and without evidence) claim I do? ("fail to realize ..."), for instance see the following which I believe and teach:

See also:

Time prophecies are fulfilled once. Events are repeated, but not the specific time prophecies when they are given. For instance, the 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus first Advent. There is not another greater 70 weeks yet to be fulfilled (even as it was part of the greater 2,300 years). You have a confusion of two things, as the other has.

If you can't put what you believe into 'your own words', then simply posting long treatises by SDA writers is nothing more than advertising for the SDA church, and actually does not show you even understand what you're linking to.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even though I keep to a post-tribulational return of Jesus and gathering of the Church, I agree with Enoch111 on the final 70th week still not yet fulfilled. Understanding that Daniel 9 prophecy is not dependent upon a belief in Futurism or Preterism (I don't hold to either).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Time prophecies are fulfilled once. Events are repeated, but not the specific time prophecies when they are given. For instance, the 70 weeks prophecy was fulfilled in Jesus first Advent. There is not another greater 70 weeks yet to be fulfilled (even as it was part of the greater 2,300 years). You have a confusion of two things, as the other has.

Keraz didn't imply an OT prophecy was repeated exactly again. He implied there are parameters in some original prophecies that never were fulfilled, and are still waiting to be fulfilled. That's actually back to the 'gap' idea in some OT Bible prophecies, which you cannot escape from.

Rev 14:8
8 And there followed another angel, saying, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

KJV

That exact phrase in red was quoted for the fall of historical Babylon per the Isaiah 21 prophecy. Yet there it is repeated verbatim in Revelation for the end of this world. That isn't done to show an exact repeat of the Babylon kingdom of old for the end. It's to show the end as a TYPE of the old Babylon kingdom. And that was Apostle Paul's meaning in 1 Cor.11 about the OT serving as "ensamples" for us.

Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do agree that time prophesies are fulfilled once. Sorry for that.

However it is your incorrect beliefs on the 70th 'week' and the 2300 evenings and mornings, that I do disagree with.
There is no Biblically delineated 7 year period around Jesus first Advent. He was Crucified at the end of the 69th week; 483 years after the decree was made to rebuild Jerusalem. There is no definitive 7 year period after that and the prophesied things of Daniel 9:25 remain to be fulfilled. Then Revelation does tell us how that 'week' will be divided into 2 halves, as Daniel 9:27 states. The final 7 years is therefore; an end time event.
The 2300 evenings and mornings are past history, as is easily ascertained from Daniel 8:12-14....the little horn... was Antiochus 4th, who desecrated the Temple in 167 BC. 1150 days later, that is: 1150 evenings and 1150 mornings, a total of 2300; the Temple was rededicated and the celebration of Hanukkah still commemorates this.
This event was a precursor for the yet to come Anti-Christ man who will desecrate the new Temple, as Jesus prophesied Matthew 24:11
This wicked man will be the 'beast' of Revelation 13:1-8.

Your accusations of 'Jesuit theology' fall flat when Biblical proofs are presented. THEY had the Bible too, but put a spin on it to suit their agenda.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dozen and a half, four score and ten; mile and a quarter; three and a quarter cups; -- all legitimate. Seven and sixty-two is NOT found in any society or any Scripture. ...
Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

There are many translations besides the KJB - Daniel 9:25 - Bible Gateway

The WYC (Wycliff Bible, even says), "... shall be seven weeks of years and sixty-two weeks of years ..."

The NCV (New Century Version, even says), "... forty-nine years and four hundred thirty-four years ..."

The TLB (The Living Bible, even says), "... 49 years plus 434 years ..."

The ICB (International Children's Bible, even says), "... 49 years and 434 years ..."

The GNT (Good News Translation, even says), "... seven times seven years ... and ... seven times sixty-two years ..."

The EXB (Expanded Bible, even says), "... (Vs 24) four hundred ninety years [L Seventy sevens/weeks are given] ... (Vs 25) forty-nine years [L seven sevens/weeks] and ·four hundred thirty-four years [L sixty-two sevens/weeks] ..."

The CJB (Complete Jewish Bible, even says), "... seven weeks [of years] ... sixty-two weeks [of years] ..."

The AMPC (Amplified Bible Classic Edition, even says), "... (Vs 24) Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] ... (Vs 25) seven weeks [of years] and sixty-two weeks [of years] ..."

The AMP (Amplified Bible, even says), "... (Vs 24) Seventy weeks [of years, or 490 years] ... (Vs 25) seven weeks [of years] and sixty-two weeks [of years] ..."​

And these do not include the translations with notations which say the same, for instance Treasury of Scripture Knowledge in notation says, "... That is, seventy weeks of years, or 490 years which reckoned from the seventh year of Artaxerxes ...", or the Geneva Bible, "... These weeks make forty-nine years ... sixty-two weeks, which make 434 years ..."

And these do not include the many commentaries, such as Adam Clarke in his commonly used commentary, "... four hundred and ninety years ... seventy weeks, or four hundred and ninety years, are divided ... I. Seven weeks, that is, forty-nine years. II. Sixty-two weeks, that is, four hundred and thirty-four years. III. One week, that is, seven years. ..."

The vast majority of translations explicitly say (in one form or another), 'seven and sixty two'

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antiochus 4th, who desecrated the Temple in 167 BC. 1150 days later, that is: 1150 evenings and 1150 mornings, a total of 2300
No, as there is no "1150" anywhere in Daniel. It takes an evening and morning to make a "day", as vs 26 reveals. It is therefore 2,300 days, not 1150 (which is an imaginary number, nowhere present in the text).

Antiochus IV Epiphanes, is also Jesuit Preterism.

Looking at Antiochus IV Epiphanes [Epimanes, the mad one], and the failure of this person to fulfil the prophecies of Daniel 8's 'little horn':

"... He was not deficient in capacity or vigour of mind to make a figure in war; but [31] such perversity and indiscretion prevailed in his whole conduct and behaviour, that they soon changed the surname which they had given him, and instead of Epiphanes, called him Epimanes, or madman; for many were the acts of folly ar madness which he committed. ..." Titus Livius; Livy's History of Rome, Volume 6, Book XLV [45] Chapter XIX [19] - The History of Rome, Vol. 6 - Online Library of Liberty

"... Wherefore to many he appeared not to know what he was doing; some said that he acted from a silly sportive temper; others, that he was evidently mad. ..." Titus Livius; Livy's History of Rome, Volume 6, Book XLV [45] Chapter XX [20] - The History of Rome, Vol. 6 - Online Library of Liberty

There are some who attempt, from the apocryphal books of Maccabees, to demonstrate that Antiochus IV Epiphanes fulfills the prophecies of Daniel 8's 'little horn', but now let us examine that source and see for ourselves that the claim cannot be defended.

For instance in, we see that Epiphanes had 'ben a pledge at Rome' [1 Maccabees 1:11, Bishop's Bible 1568] [ie Hostage in youth at Rome, against his Father Antiochus III].

"... About this time, Antiochus, son to Antiochus the Great, who had been for a long time a hostage at Rome, came into possession of the kingdom of Syria, on the death of his brother Seleucus. ..." - Titus Livius; Livy's History of Rome, Volume 6, Book XLV [45] Chapter XIX [19] - The History of Rome, Vol. 6 - Online Library of Liberty

It only gets worse from here on out... as even according to history he [Antiochus IV] did not wax “exceeding great” by any standards, in Egypt [South], Jerusalem [Pleasant Land] or East [Medo-Persia], as his Father Antiochus III had, etc.

A lone Roman ambassador [Gaius Popillius Laenas from the Roman Senate] and some guards put him to flight in Egypt [ca. 168 BC], rescuing Egypt completely out of his hands:

"... XI. In the mean time, Antiochus, after a fruitless attempt against the walls of Alexandria, had retired; and being now master of all the rest of Egypt, he left, at Memphis, the elder Ptolemy, whose settlement on the throne was the pretended object of his armament, though, in reality, he meant to attack him, as soon as he should have vanquished his competitors; and, then, he led back his army into Syria. ..." - Titus Livius; Livy's History of Rome, Volume 6, Book XLV [45] Chapter XI [11] - The History of Rome, Vol. 6 - Online Library of Liberty

"... XII. When the time fixed for the suspension of hostilities, was elapsed, Antiochus ordered the commanders of his fleet to sail up the mouth of the Nile to Pelusium, while he himself entered Egypt, through the deserts of Arabia. He was amicably received by the people about Memphis, as he was, afterwards, by the rest of the Egyptians; some being led by inclination, others by fear; and he proceeded thus, by short marches, down to Alexandria. He had just crossed the river at Eleusine, four miles from that city, when he was met by [249] the Roman ambassadors. At their coming, he saluted them, and held out his right hand to Popillius; but Popillius putting into his hand a written tablet, desired him first to peruse that. On reading it, he said, that he would call his friends together, and consult what was to be done; on which Popillius, with that roughness which generally marked his character, drew a line round the King, with a wand which he held in his hand, and said, “Before you go out of that circle, give such an answer as I may report to the senate.” Astonished at such a peremptory injunction, the King hesitated for some time; but, at last, replied, “I will do as the senate directs.” Popillius then thought proper to stretch out his right hand to him; as to a friend and ally. Antiochus having retired out of Egypt, on a day prefixed, the ambassadors employed their influence in establishing concord among the royal family, on a more firm basis than it had yet acquired; and then sailed to Cyprus, from whence they sent home the ships of Antiochus, and which had fought and defeated an Egyptian fleet. This embassy attracted a great share of respect from all nations; having manifestly rescued Egypt out of the hands of the Syrian, when he had it within his grasp, and restored to the race of Ptolemy, the kingdom of their forefathers. ..." - Titus Livius; Livy's History of Rome, Volume 6, Book XLV [45] Chapter XII [12] - The History of Rome, Vol. 6 - Online Library of Liberty

Even the Jews [Judas Maccabees, etal. according to the apocryphal books of [1-4] Maccabees] threw him [his armies] out of Jerusalem, in the Maccabean revolt. And nowhere could it be said that he waxed exceeding great in the east [Media-Persian, area], dying there in great heaviness [sorrow/sadness] and dishonour [1 Maccabees 6:3-6, Bishop's Bible 1568]:

1 Maccabees 6:3 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Wherefore he went about to take the citie & to spoyle it, but he was not able: for the citezins were warned of it, and fought with him:

1 Maccabees 6:4 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And so he fled, and departed with great heauinesse, and came againe into Babylon.

1 Maccabees 6:5 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Moreouer, there came one which brought him tidinges in Persia, that his hoastes which were in the lande of Iuda were driuen away,

1 Maccabees 6:6 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And how that Lysias went foorth first with a great power, and was dryuen away of the Iewes, how that they had wonne the victory, and gotten great goodes out of the hoastes that perished,​

Further more:

1 Maccabees 6:8 Bishop's Bible 1568 - So it chaunced, that when the king heard these wordes, he was afrayde, & greeued very sore: Wherefore he layde him downe vpon his bed, and fell sicke for very sorowe, and all because it had not happened as he had deuised.

1 Maccabees 6:9 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And there continued he long: for his griefe was euer more and more, so that he sawe he must needes dye.

1 Maccabees 6:10 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Therfore he sent for all his friendes, & saide vnto them: The sleepe is gone fro myne eyes for the very sorowe and vexation of heart that I haue.

2 Maccabees 9:1 Bishop's Bible 1568 - At the same time came Antiochus againe with dishonour out of Persia.

2 Maccabees 9:2 Bishop's Bible 1568 - For when he came to Persepolis, and vndertoke to robbe the temple, and to subdue the citie, the people ranne together and defended them selues, insomuch that he and his were faine to flee with shame: and so after that flight it happened that Antiochus came againe with dishonour.​

and, by his own words, as given in 1 Maccabees, he dies, a miserable failure, in a “straunge lande” of the “east”, or just outside of Persia [and apparently, whose body, did Phillip bring down into Egypt, 2 Maccabees 9:29 Bishop's Bible 1568]:

1 Maccabees 6:13 Bishop's Bible 1568 - I know that these troubles are come vpon me for the same cause: and behold, I must dye with great sorowe in a straunge lande.

1 Maccabees 6:16 Bishop's Bible 1568 - So the king Antiochus died there, in the hundred fourtie and nine yere.

2 Maccabees 9:28 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Thus that murtherer and blasphemer of God was sore smitten: and like as he had intreated other men, so he died a miserable death in a straunge countrey vpon a mountayne.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antiochus 4th, who desecrated the Temple in 167 BC. 1150 days later, that is: 1150 evenings and 1150 mornings, a total of 2300
Apparently, in 2 Maccabees, Antiochus IV Epiphanes, has a repentant heart, desires to repair all of the wrongs, rebuild the temple and become a Jew himself, and preach to the world, and sends a 'letter' as such [though dies miserably still], which is also not in harmony with the scriptural account of the “little horn”, which never repents:

2 Maccabees 9:13 Bishop's Bible 1568 - This wicked person prayed also vnto the Lorde, who nowe woulde haue no mercie vpon him:

2 Maccabees 9:14 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And as for the citie that he came vnto so hastyly, to bring it downe to the ground, and to make it a graue for dead men, now he desireth to deliuer it free:

2 Maccabees 9:15 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And as touching the Iewes, whom he had iudged not worthy to be buried, but woulde haue cast them out with their children, for to be deuoured of the foules and wilde beastes, [saying that he woulde haue destroyed both olde and young:] now he promysed to make them like the citezins of Athens:

2 Maccabees 9:16 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And where as he had spoyled the holy temple afore, nowe he maketh promyse to garnishe it with great giftes, to encrease the holy ornamentes, and of his owne rentes to beare the costes & charges belonging to the offringes:

2 Maccabees 9:17 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Yea and that he would also become a Iewe hym selfe, to go through euery place of the worlde that was inhabyted, and to preache the power of God.

2 Maccabees 9:18 Bishop's Bible 1568 - But when his paynes would not ceasse, (for the ryghteous iudgement of God was come vpon hym) out of a very dispayre he wrote vnto the Iewes a letter of intercession, conteyning these words:

2 Maccabees 9:19 Bishop's Bible 1568 - The king and prince Antiochus, wisheth vnto the vertuous citezins of the Iewes much health and good prosperitie.

2 Maccabees 9:20 Bishop's Bible 1568 - If ye and your children fare well, and if all thinges go after your minde, we geue great thankes.

2 Maccabees 9:21 Bishop's Bible 1568 - In my sicknesse also do I remember you louyngly: for as I came out of Persia, & was taken with sore disease, I thought it necessary to care for the common wealth:

2 Maccabees 9:22 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Neither dispaire I in my selfe, but haue a good hope to escape this sickenesse.

2 Maccabees 9:23 Bishop's Bible 1568 - But considering that my father led an hoast somtime in the higher places, and shewed who should raigne after him,

2 Maccabees 9:24 Bishop's Bible 1568 - That if there happened any controuersie, or any hard thing were declared, they in the lande might knowe their chiefe Lorde, that there should be no insurrection.

2 Maccabees 9:25 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Againe, when I ponder with my selfe, how that al the mightie men and neighbours rounde about are laying wayte, & loke but for oportunitie to do harme: I haue ordeined that my sonne Antiochus shall raigne after me, whom I oft commended to many of you, when I was in the higher kingdomes, & haue written vnto him as it foloweth hereafter.

2 Maccabees 9:26 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Therfore I pray you and require you to remember the benefites that I haue done vnto you generally and in especiall, and that euery man wil be faythfull to me and my sonne.

2 Maccabees 9:27 Bishop's Bible 1568 - For I hope that he shalbe of sober and louing behauour, and if he folowe my deuice, he shalbe indifferent vnto you.​

Furthermore, many who [incorrectly] proclaim that Antiochus IV Epiphanes is a fulfillment of Daniel 8:9's “little horn” seem, also, to not closely consider the context or the exact order of events described therein with actual historical accounts. For instance, we read [KJB; bold red brackets added]

Daniel 8:9 - And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward [1st] the south, and [2nd] toward the east, and [3rd] toward the pleasant [land].​

The scripture [KJB] is perfectly given in “order” [1 Corinthians 15:23; Colossians 2:5 KJB], in its proper “courses” [Judges 5:20; 1 Kings 5:14; 2 Chronicles 31:2, 8:14 KJB]. There are numerous Biblical [KJB] examples that may be given upon request.

Antiochus IV Epiphanes did not wax “exceeding great”, by any known historically comparable standards, in any direction [in the south/Egypt, any territory he might have gained was immediately given up to Rome for fear of their entering into Battle against him, in Judaea, there were some temporary victories, but short-lived if at all, and ultimately humiliated by being utterly defeated by a band of rebellious Jews, and he ends up dying alone in great sadness in the east [at least in one book of Maccabees]], let alone do so in the proper course and order in which the “little horn” would do in [1] the south, [2] the east and [3] the pleasant land as the scripture [KJB] gives in Daniel 8:9. Instead, we read, even from the apocryphal [non-scriptural] source [Maccabees, as elsewhere], that he [Antiochus IV Epiphanes] attempted to gain territory in the [1] south, [2] pleasant land, [3] east, not being the order given in scripture [KJB]. For instance:

[1] south [according to 1 Maccabees, Bishop's Bible]:

1 Maccabees 1:17 Bishop's Bible 1568 - So when Antiochus began to be mightie in his kingdome, he went about to obtayne the lande of Egypt also, that he might haue the dominion of two realmes.​

[2] pleasant land [according to 1 Maccabees, Bishop's Bible]:

1 Maccabees 1:21 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And after that Antiochus had smitten Egypt, he turned againe in the hundred fourtie and three yere, and went toward Israel,​

[3] east [according to 1 Maccabees, Bishop's Bible]:

1 Maccabees 3:31 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Wherfore he was heauy in his minde, and thought to go into Persides for to take tributes of the lande, and so to gather much money.

1 Maccabees 6:1 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Now when king Antiochus trauailed thorough ye hie countries, he heard that Elymas in Persia was a noble and plenteous citie in siluer and golde,

1 Maccabees 6:2 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And that there was in it a very rich temple, where as were clothes, coate armours, and shieldes of golde, which Alexander the sonne of Philip king of Macedonia that raigned first in Grecia had left behinde him.

1 Maccabees 6:3 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Wherefore he went about to take the citie & to spoyle it, but he was not able: for the citezins were warned of it, and fought with him:

1 Maccabees 6:4 Bishop's Bible 1568 - And so he fled, and departed with great heauinesse, and came againe into Babylon.

1 Maccabees 6:5 Bishop's Bible 1568 - Moreouer, there came one which brought him tidinges in Persia, that his hoastes which were in the lande of Iuda were driuen away,​

Thus, Antiochus IV Epiphanes, fails in fulfilling the prophecy [Daniel 8:9 KJB] in its specific and plainly given order [one may also consider 2 Maccabees 5:2,5,11, 9:1-28], as well as any claim to “exceeding great”, in any direction, or by any standards.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking further, in Daniel 8:23 KJB, we read of further identification, which cannot possibly be fulfilled by Antiochus Epiphanes IV:

Daniel 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.​

For [1], Antiochus IV Epiphanes, was not in the “latter time”, but in the very early midst of it, being about the 7th King [175-164 BC], among many more [unto Antiochus XIII Asiaticus, 69-64 BC, some 100 years later], see “The House of Seleucus” image:

seleucidshouse.gif

And [2], the “transgressors” [of the covenant and Law of God] are the Jews, in the days of Jesus, in the time of the Romans, for He said [KJB]:

Matthew 23:32 KJB - Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.​

Their [nation of Israel] cup of iniquity was not yet full during the era of Greece, but it was soon to be in the era of Rome [and their Temple and city to be destroyed], for their 490 years [Daniel 9, 70 weeks] was almost up [and that generation [AD 31], within 40 years later, would see it, AD 70], some sooner than others [like the Highpriests, etc]. Paul speaks about this further:

1 Thessalonians 2:16 KJB - Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.​

And [3], the “king of fierce countenance” is a fulfillment of the “Iron” [Daniel 2:33,40, 7:7,19,23 KJB], Roman Empire [whose standard was the 'eagle', and came from afar, from the west, and besieged them in all their lands], as it is given in scripture [KJB] itself:

Deuteronomy 28:48 KJB - Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

Deuteronomy 28:49 KJB - The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

Deuteronomy 28:50 KJB - A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor shew favour to the young:

Deuteronomy 28:51 KJB - And he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, and the fruit of thy land, until thou be destroyed: which also shall not leave thee either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of thy kine, or flocks of thy sheep, until he have destroyed thee.

Deuteronomy 28:52 KJB - And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

Deuteronomy 28:53 KJB - And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:​

Also [4], the “understanding dark sentences” deals with the second major phase of the Roman element [as per Daniel 8:10 KJB], that of Papal Rome, for it means, according to scripture [KJB], to speak and understand parables, proverbs, ie religious/spiritual matters:

Psalms 49:4 KJB - I will incline mine ear to a parable: I will open my dark saying upon the harp.

Psalms 78:2 KJB - I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Proverbs 1:6 KJB - To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Ezekiel 17:2 KJB - Son of man, put forth a riddle, and speak a parable unto the house of Israel;

Matthew 13:34 KJB - All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them:

Mark 4:13 KJB - And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

Mark 4:34 But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.

See also “mystery” and “mysteries” in Matthew 13:11; Mark 4:11; Luke 8:10; Romans 11:25, 16:25; 1 Corinthians 2:7, 4:1, 13:2, 14:2, 15:51; Ephesians 1:9, 3:3,4,9, 5:32, 6:19; Colossians 1:26,27, 2:2, 4:3; 2 Thessalonians 2:7; 1 Timothy 3:9,16; Revelation 1:20, 10:7, 17:5,7.

See also “riddle” in Numbers 12:8; Judges 14:12-19.

See also “hard questions” in 1 Kings 10:1; 2 Chronicles 9:1.

See also “...take up a parable … a taunting proverb...” Habakkuk 2:6;p.​

To speak in proverbs is to speak in symbols,

John 16:29 KJB - His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.​

Thus, as it is written,

Proverbs 25:2 KJB - [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.​

We are those “kings”.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at the discrepancies of Maccabees, the apocryphal [non-Scriptural KJB] materials in regards Antiochus IV Epiphanes:

"... The Three Deaths of Antiochus Epiphanes in three locations in as many ways:

1) First death - Antiochus’ first death is found in 1 Maccabees 6:1-16. According to this report he is in Persia and dies while in his own bed due to grief over military losses.

a) Location: Persia - 6:5
b) Place: in bed - 6:8
c) Cause: dies from a broken spirit due to military
reversals - 6:8, 9
d) People involved: friends - 6:10, Philip - 6:14
e) Dies: 6:16
f) Text: 1 Mac. 6:14 - 16

14 Then called he for Philip, one of his friends, whom he made ruler over his realm.

15 And gave him the crown, and his robe, and his signet, to the end he should bring up his son Antiochus, and nourish him up for the kingdom.

16 So king Antiochus died there in the hundred forty and ninth year.​

2) His second death - The “second” death of Antiochus is found in 2 Maccabees 1:14-17. In this passage he is also in Persia, but is in the temple of a false goddess Nanea during his wedding ceremony. He is supposedly assassinated by the priests of the goddess who drop huge stones down on him from above and then cut his body in pieces.

a) Location: Persia - 1:13
b) Place: the temple of the goddess Nanea during his
wedding - 1:13 - 15
c) Cause: crushed to death by stones hurled down from
the ceiling and then dismembered - 1:16
d) People involved: Antiochus' attendants & the priests
of Nanea who kill him - 1:15
e) Dies: 1:16
f) Text: 2 Mac. 1:14 - 16

14 For Antiochus, as though he would marry her, came into the place, and his friends that were with him, to receive money in the name of a dowery.

15 Which when the priests of Nanea had set forth, and he was entered with a small company into the compass of the temple, they shut the temple as soon as Antiochus was come in:

16 and opening a privy door of the roof, they threw stones like thunderbolts, and struck down the captain, hewed them in pieces, smote off their heads, and cast them to those that were without.​

3) His third death - The amazingly durable Antiochus dies his third and final time in 2 Maccabees 9:1-29. This time he is on his way to Jerusalem to wage war on the Jews. According to the text, God curses him and he is eaten by worms. Before he dies he repents of his evil intentions and writes a letter of peace to the Jews.

a) Location: the road to Jerusalem - 9:3 - 7
b) Place: on a mountain road - 9:8, 28
c) Cause:

1. God's curse on him - 9:5
2. He falls from his chariot - 9:7
3. worms eat him & his skin rots off - 9:9, 10
d) People involved: his chariot driver, his army - 9:4, 9
e) Dies: 9:28
f) In this account he repents and becomes a Jew and
then writes a letter of peace to the Jews.
g) Text: 2 Mac. 9:28
28 Thus the murderer and blasphemer having suffered most grievously, as he entreated other men, so died in a miserable death in a strange country in the mountains. ..." - Sam Gipp's 24 Hour Seminar Notes, pages 78-80, reformatted.

We haven't even gotten to 3 and 4 Maccabees yet, but I will leave those for now, and return to Daniel 8 & 11's history as time allows ...

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
OK ReChoired, we disagree on what the 2300 represents.
I just know that Daniels prophecy about the Temple desecration in 167-164 BC, was regarded by scholars as being so accurate that they said it must have been written after 164 BC. Which, as has been proved; it was Written circa 586-516 BC, when the Jews were in Babylonian captivity.
The period that the Temple was desecrated for was exactly 1150 days.
The word translated ‘days’ in the King James Version is seen to actually read “Evening and Morning”. There is no biblical reason to apply the ‘day for a year’ principal to this phrase. There is nowhere in the holy writ where the principle is applied to such a phrase. The “evening and morning” is used in reference to the total number of the daily sacrifices that would be stopped by little horn (See 1st Chronicles 16:40). Thus the sanctuary would be defiled for 1150 days.

Any nonsense that the 2300 represents years, up to 1844, will be laughed at.

Also the idea of the 70th 'week' being fulfilled is contrary to common sense. Obviously when Jesus Returns, at the completion of the final seven years; THEN- rebellion will be stopped, sin brought to an end, iniquity expiated, everlasting Right established and the Most Holy Place anointed. Daniel 9:24b

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can't put what you believe into 'your own words', then simply posting long treatises by SDA writers is nothing more than advertising for the SDA church, and actually does not show you even understand what you're linking to.

thumbup1[1].gif

Does this not remind you of someone who did this all the time?
HolyBookEnds!! Yawn.

Reactions: Davy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The period that the Temple was desecrated for was exactly 1150 days.
Historical source please.

The scripture does not relate either of those propositions in its plain reading, in any given place. However, considering these attempts in eisigesis, they cannot but fail in its [scripture's, KJB] specificity also, for Antiochus' 3 years time or 3 ½ [Josephus, a traitor, turncoat, to the Jews, and one who did not accept Jesus Christ as Messiah, thus cannot understand the fulfillment of prophecy in relation to Him, as Daniel 8 and 9, etc is] does not specifically come to 2,300 nor 1,150 [physical days, for it comes to 3 years and slightly over 2 months [70 days]] either. There is no rational mathematical process that will ever make the history of Antiochus IV Epiphanes to fit either of those physical times, not even according to Maccabees:

1 Maccabees 4:41-43, 1 Maccabees 1:54 [early Dec 167 BC], 1 Maccabees 5:52-54 [so-called '1150', Dec. 14th 164 BC, St. Joseph's [Roman Catholic] Edition of New American Bible with Apocrypha, notation], Bishops' Bible:

1 Maccabees 1:54 Commaunding al the cities of Iuda to do sacrifice vnto idols.

1 Maccabees 4:41 Then Iudas appoynted certayne men to fight against those which were in the castle, till they had clensed the sanctuarie.
1 Maccabees 4:42 So he chose priestes that were vndefiled, such as had pleasure in the lawe of God:
1 Maccabees 4:43 And they clensed the sanctuarie, and bare out the defiled stones into an vncleane place.

1 Maccabees 5:52 Then went they ouer Iordane into the playne fielde before Bethsam.
1 Maccabees 5:53 And Iudas helped those forward that came behinde, and gaue the people good exhortation al the way through, til they were come into the lande of Iuda.
1 Maccabees 5:54 Thus they went vp vnto the mount Sion, where they offered burnt offeringes with mirth and thankesgeuing, because there were none of them slaine, but came home againe peaceably.​

Notice the two given notation dates, which do not make up more than 3 years, and especially not 3 years and a little over 2 months [70 days]. Therefore, according to the historical records, Antiochus IV Epiphanes fails in this also.

Furthermore, we can compare what Antiochus IV Epiphanes [Greek king] did in the approximate 3 years [167 BC – 164 BC] in Judaea, with the specific amount of time given in the 2,300 “days” [Daniel 8:14], for the “vision” of the “evening and morning” [Daniel 8:26], [if we bypass the fact that the “vision” of the “daily” begins in the Persian empire, when the Temple itself was restored to full use] and see clearly it does not fit at all, for 2,300 [physical days] is 6 years and somewhat over 4 months [140 days] [where some get the information that it equals 6 years, three months and 18 days seems to be based upon the commentary of John Gill [Calvinistic] at Daniel 8:14, and his non-scriptural two conclusions [“... from the fifteenth day of the month Cisleu, in the year 145 of the Selucidae ...” and/or “... others begin from the defection of the people from the pure religion by Menelaus, Anno 141 …”, which do you subscribe to specifically, so we may test it historically?], yet scripturally [KJB] and especially in prophecy, a month is 30 days, and a year 360 days, see the section below, [A Month Is 30 Days]].

30 days = 1 month, 12 months [360 days] = 1 year:

360 days = 1 year
360 days = 1 year
360 days = 1 year
360 days = 1 year
360 days = 1 year
360 days = 1 year
---------------
2160 days = 6 years

2300 – 2160 = 140 days left

30 days = 1 month
30 days = 1 month
30 days = 1 month
30 days = 1 month
----------------------
120 days = 4 months

140 – 120 = 20 days left.​

Thus physically, 6 years, 4 months and 20 days, according to the scriptural 30 day month and 360 day year. You do admit that Daniel 8 is prophecy, yes?, and would therefore not go by the standard solar year of 365.25 of today?

Even still, brother “Albert Barnes”, himself says in his notes [Albert Barnes Notes on the Bible, Daniel 8:14]:

“... The time mentioned by Josephus is three years exactly from the time when “their Divine worship was fallen off, and was reduced to a profane and common use,” until the time when the lamps were lighted again, and the worship restored, for he says that the one event happened precisely three years after the other, on the same day of the month - Ant. b. xii. ch. vii. Section 6. In his Jewish Wars, however, b. i. ch. i. Section 1, he says that Antiochus “spoiled the temple, and put a stop to the constant practice of offering a daily sacrifice of expiation for three years and six months.” ...”​

“... The 2,300-day prophecy witnessed an amazing fulfillment during the terrifying reign of Antiochus. According to the Jewish calendar, the 2300 days works out to be six years, three months, and 18 days. This is the time period in which Antiochus took the daily sacrifices away, and at the end of the 2300 days, was eventually defeated. ...”​

You say “2300” but, even given your own timing [as others also borrowed from John Gill] , “... six years, three months, and 18 days ...” does not fit specifically with any given historical timeframe in regards Antiochus IV Epiphanes, in any given historical source [and John Gill's commentary doesn't help either, as he speculates without evidence in the last portion of the time, does not use scripture to explain the scripture at this point, and does not follow the scriptural 30 day months, 360 day years].

You may look for yourself, and I will be awaiting for such a source to be given in demonstration, and to see the work shown in the time. The word “eventually” is very telling also, for it is clear you presently have a sliding time scale/events and not a precise one.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You may look for yourself, and I will be awaiting for such a source to be given in demonstration, and to see the work shown in the time. The word “eventually” is very telling also, for it is clear you presently have a sliding time scale/events and not a precise one.
Due to the difficulty of pinpointing dates from all the various ancient calendar systems and inaccurate records, we just cannot be 100% sure of the time period the Temple was out of operation, circa 167-164 BC. I believe it was 1150 days = 3 years and 55 days, and other scholars support this.

However; Daniel 7:8-14 absolutely was prophesying about Antiochus 4, the son of one of the four generals who took over Alexanders empire.
Clearly, Alexander is the he-goat, referred to in Daniel 7:5-7. Proved by Daniel 8:21-22

So whatever the 2300 evenings and mornings represent, it surely isn't in modern history or in the future.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...However; Daniel 7:8-14 absolutely was prophesying about Antiochus 4, the son of one of the four generals who took over Alexanders empire. ...
Daniel 7:8-14??? in Daniel 7:8 is in the context of the Roman (Iron) Empire (just as in Daniel 2), not the Grecian:

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.
Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Dan 7:19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
Dan 7:20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
Dan 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Are you sure you are not attempting to say Daniel 8:8-14? even if so, it is still not Grecian, after vs 8. The "little horn" of Daniel 8:9 is entirely different than the Greecian empire. Again the 2,300 began with the "vision" ("How long shall be the vision ...") in the Medo-Persian empire, not the Greecian. The Phrase "prince of the host" refers to Christ's High priestly ministry as the High priests of the sanctuary were called "princes" (Isaiah 43:28; see also Ezra 8:24,29, 10:5) thereof. The entire context of Daniel 8 and the sanctuary therein, is of the Heavenly and not the earthly.

... and the place of his [the “Prince of princes” [Daniel 8:25 KJB]; Jesus Christ, the High priest of the Heavenly sanctuary] sanctuary ...”

Let us take notice, that so far, we have 3 specific items mentioned:

[1] the Person, the who - “prince of the host” - Jesus in Heaven

From the timeline of events, we know that the “prince of the host”, being Jesus is in Heaven at that point, in the Holy Place.​

[2]
the thing, the what and when - “the daily” - faith in the Heavenly ministration, being “taken away”

From the context, and being directly connected to 'the Person' and to 'the place', 'the thing' is also dealing with an Heavenly subject, not an earthly one. The people of God are indeed physically on earth, and are an Temple unto God, yet they are an Heavenly peoples, citizens of that far country, being but strangers, pilgrims and aliens [Satan has reversed this] here, but whose names are written in Heaven.​

[3]
the place, the where - “the place of his sanctuary” - the Heavenly Temple

From the context in connection with the word “sanctuary” and from the word “place” [H4349], “מָכוֹן”, “mâkôn”, we see it refers to an Heavenly item, specifically linked with God's Throne in the Heavenly Sanctuary, and in other instances refers to God's dwelling place [Exodus 15:17; 1 Kings 8:13; 2 Chronicles 6:2; Ezra 2:68 KJB], even as a place of His footstool before His Throne [Psalms 104:5, combined with Isaiah 66:1; Matthew 5:35; Acts 7:49 KJB]:

1 Kings 8:39 KJB - Then hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and do, and give to every man according to his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou, even thou only, knowest the hearts of all the children of men;)

1 Kings 8:43 KJB - Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, which I have builded, is called by thy name.

1 Kings 8:49 KJB - Then hear thou their prayer and their supplication in heaven thy dwelling place, and maintain their cause,

2 Chronicles 6:30 KJB - Then hear thou from heaven thy dwelling place, and forgive, and render unto every man according unto all his ways, whose heart thou knowest; (for thou only knowest the hearts of the children of men:)

2 Chronicles 6:33 KJB - Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house which I have built is called by thy name.

2 Chronicles 6:39 KJB - Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, their prayer and their supplications, and maintain their cause, and forgive thy people which have sinned against thee.

Psalms 33:14 KJB - From the place of his habitation he looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth.

Psalms 89:14 KJB - Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face.

Psalms 97:2 KJB - Clouds and darkness are round about him: righteousness and judgment are the habitation of his throne.

Isaiah 18:4 KJB - For so the LORD said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest.​

[4]
the why – because of the actions of the “little horn” on earth

Here, read this study please - The Daily Daily

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For an overall picture of Daniel 8's structure, for instance,

Daniel 8's “the vision”- Daniel 8's “the interpretation”

Daniel 8:1 - - beginning
Daniel 8:2-4 - - Daniel 8:20 - - Media and Persia/Ram
Daniel 8:5-7 - - Daniel 8:21 - - Greecia, First King/He Goat
Daniel 8:8 - - Daniel 8:22 - - Division of Greecia/4 Horns of He Goat
Daniel 8:9 - - Daniel 8:23[a.] - - Rome Pagan/“king of fierce countenance”
Daniel 8:10 - - Daniel 8:23[b.]- - Rome Papal/“understanding dark sentences”

Daniel 8:11-12 - Daniel 8:24-26- - increase of Papal Rome, Deadly wound,&c
ending - - - Daniel 8:27​

Moreover, here is the parallelism of Daniel 8 & 10,11-12

Daniel 8's “the interpretation”- - - - - Daniel 10/11/12 “the interpretation”

Daniel 8:1 - beginning - - - - - Daniel 10:1-21,11:1
Daniel 8:20 - Media and Persia/Ram - - - Daniel 11:2
Daniel 8:21 - Greecia, First King/He Goat- - - Daniel 11:3
Daniel 8:22 - Division of Greecia/4 Horns of He Goat - Daniel 11:4,5-19
Daniel 8:23[a.] - Rome Pagan/“king of fierce countenance” - Daniel 11:20, [transition], 21-30
Daniel 8:23[b.]- Rome Papal/“understanding dark sentences” Daniel 11:31-39 [1,290 1,260 1,335]

Daniel 8:24-26- increase of Papal Rome, Deadly wound,&c- Daniel 11:40[a] [enlarge] 40-45
Daniel 8:27 - ending - - - - - Daniel 12:1-3, [enlarge]​

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Daniel 8 passage about 2300 days isn't really that difficult to understand, IF one pays attention to why the final 70th week is yet to be fulfilled.

Dan 8:11-14
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
KJV

The 2300 days period is actually about the very end of this world. That above event of ending the daily sacrifices involving the transgression was not done by Alexander. The ending of the daily sacrifices and placing an idol abomination in the temple by Antiochus Epiphanes does represent the transgression above, but not the 2300 days. The 2300 days was not meant for Alexander's time nor Antiochus' time. Reason is because our Lord Jesus quoted from Daniel 11 about the "abomination of desolation" event when giving seven main signs of the end of this world just prior to His 2nd coming. Our Lord Jesus put... that event to the end of this world. It means at the ending of that 2300 days is when Jesus returns and that "then shall the sanctuary be cleansed" will apply in final.

----------------------------------------"one week" (Dan.9:27 - 7 years, 2520 days)----------------------------------------
------------------------1260 days-----------------------------][-----------------------1260 days-----------------------------
...............220 days.................][-------------------------------2300 days--------------------------------------------------

Last edited: