Protestant Leaders and the pope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All these scriptures are connected to Jesus Christ and not to some guy who died 500 years ago
who is 8 feet under pushing daisies.....

You make a mockery out of Jesus Christ.

You are worshipping an arm in a plastic box.
Why? Because you choose to remain blind to 2 Kings 13:21??? You are too much of a legalist to carry the principle? Is the man who rose by touching dead mans bones making a mockery of Jesus Christ? You mock the scriptures, and by extension, you mock Our Lord's body, which was a relic.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why? Because you choose to remain blind to 2 Kings 13:21??? You are too much of a legalist to carry the principle? Is the man who rose by touching dead mans bones making a mockery of Jesus Christ? You mock the scriptures, and by extension, you mock Our Lord's body, which was a relic.
Christs body a relic. is that what you think of Jesus, His body is ressurecetd, he left no flesh nor bones. Oh the blindness and foolishness of men, turn Jesus from our saviour into a bag of bones for idol worship, such harlotry. Finally when Christ does away with religion, than maybe christians will follow Christ, just maybe... bible says otherwise..

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Christs body a relic. is that what you think of Jesus, His body is ressurecetd, he left no flesh nor bones. Oh the blindness and foolishness of men, turn Jesus from our saviour into a bag of bones for idol worship, such harlotry. Finally when Christ does away with religion, than maybe christians will follow Christ, just maybe... bible says otherwise..
@kepha31 Christs body a relic ?????? oh my goodness, where could you have possibly gotten such an idea ? That is so out of left field, that I can hardly believe it..
actually It is referred to as "carcass" in the Book, not corpse, so while i am not following your convo here, k likely has a viable perspective there. Weird, i know.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You roman catholics have some weird ideas.

Sounds more like witchcraft than anything else.

The arm in the plastic box travelling from roman catholic church to roman catholic church is seriously ridiculous and kind of gross.
Christians don't worship severed dead arms, they worship Jesus Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You roman catholics have some weird ideas.

Sounds more like witchcraft than anything else.

The arm in the plastic box travelling from roman catholic church to roman catholic church is seriously ridiculous and kind of gross.
Christians don't worship severed dead arms, they worship Jesus Christ.
just as bad imo, no where are we told to worship the Bread

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who mentioned "bread". ?
well, Christ did i guess!
John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever ...
biblehub.com/john/6-35.htm
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. Holman Christian Standard Bible "I am the bread of life," Jesus told them.

don't be worshipping bread; unless we have a better definition of "worship" than the common one anyway, "bow down and light a candle to." Let Catholics and Pagans do that yack, imo. Follow is what we are to do, right. Pick up your cross; not bow down to it

of course a complete def of worship would encompass this, only we do not really define worship that way any more i guess

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. Holman Christian Standard Bible "I am the bread of life," Jesus told them.

Correct.
That's what he said.
He did not say: "He that worships dead bones in plastic boxes shall never thirst."

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another instance of a mental block: the inability to tell the difference between venerate and worship. We have more unusual phenomenon that radical Protestants refuse to understand. Seek and you shall find...
Whats teh diff, teh only ones worthy of our praise are God and Jesus, our salvation is not through Mary or dead people, Idol worship is all it is, no more no less. If you are not praising God or Jesus, its simply idol worship, not that hard.

Reactions: Triumph1300

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is what happens when you throw pearls before swine, you get mockery.
You have no explanation why some saints are incorrupt while others rot to dust. Neither do I.
You have no explanation how there can be any incorrupt at all when the technology to preserve them for centuries did not exist.
You have no explanation for the thousands of miracles throughout the Christian era. Neither do I.
You don't like 2 Kings 13:21 and you ignore it.
You can't understand why veneration of relics is NOT mandatory but you repeat this idiotic charge of "worship".
I'm abandoning this thread. I've posted a couple of informative links previously. Information is there for anybody who wants it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where, please ?
um, who was that, Cornelius, i think? lemme look...
It is referred to as "carcass" in the Book, not corpse - Google Search

ok, Matt 24:28, but there is another direct ref, hang on...

ok well dang, Joseph of Arimathea collected a soma, body, i do remember this being hard to find before, too, guess i should have saved it somewhere, i'll get back to you, if someone else doesn't find it first. More indirect refs in here though, and i'll go track it down.

Bible Search: carcass

the gist--for me, anyway--is that vultures gather around the carcass, and eagles gather around the body

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha well dang it has just disappeared lol, i remember it being obscure last time too, have to go dig out my old Strong's again, as search is too full of religion on this point i guess. Daniel getting bees and honey from a lion's carcass is a central point, but you have to know what "lion, bees, and honey" all rep for that to make sense