Protestant Leaders and the pope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Judges 14...Samson ,lions carcass

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok well dang, Joseph of Arimathea collected a soma, body
Well, of course He was a body until He was resurrected, which happened in the tomb....But some were referring to His body as a 'relic', as if the body was still there even after His resurrection, which it was not, since He is still able to use that form...As well as what is written in the Bible

Reactions: Truth and Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, ok; it is hard to find because it is buried on purpose, i guess. Joseph certainly went to collect the body, Mark 15:43, but what he actually got from Pilate was the carcass, in Mark 15:45, trippy huh
Mark 15:45 Lexicon: And ascertaining this from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph.
carcass | lifebearingwilderness

"Joseph of Arimathea"
to put some more links in here that i guess i'll be looking for in a year lol
Ok but that is a far cry from His body being portrayed as a 'relic'....A carcass is usually used about animals, so to me it's a bit rude to call His body that, while it was a dead body, which didn't last for long.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, of course He was a body until He was resurrected, which happened in the tomb....But some were referring to His body as a 'relic', as if the body was still there even after His resurrection, which it was not, since He is still able to use that form...As well as what is written in the Bible
ok well that post was nullified later, right, Joseph actually did not collect a body, but a carcass

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok but that is a far cry from His body being portrayed as a 'relic'
actually the opposite i would say, yes. The body is not even there anymore, iow, Jo went to collect a body, but got a carcass instead iow
A carcass is usually used about animals, so to me it's a bit rude to call His body that
yet there it is, right there in the Book, right
while it was a dead body, which didn't last for long.
it was a carcass, and was never the Body again, i'm pretty sure. We are the Body of Christ now. Of course the symbology demands that He resurrect and manifest, in order to ascend, but it is installed that Christ was then in His "glorified body" at that point, essentially a Spirit already, "don't touch Me," etc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Carcass, body...it doesn't matter either way...Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus..both 'secret followers' took the body and did all that needed doing before burial. "...brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight. 40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand
."

END of the earthly body of Jesus because He gloriously resurrected in 3 days....appeared a few times...then finally He ascended in that body.
He left no body or carcass behind.
His physical body became a glorified body. Changed, in a twinkling of an eye.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Some of us don't like the current Pope to although what this thread seems to imply is wrong.
man, i love the guy lol, anyone with the stones to declare capitalism/fascism sin is ok with me lol. Not sure how he still allows "fascist mass" to be conducted by RCC priests, seems to be out the other side of the mouth, but whatever

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ok well that post was nullified later, right, Joseph actually did not collect a body, but a carcass
So purely because of who ever sat and tried to translate the bible used the word carcass, they want to call Jesus' body a carcass ? I still believe that is a more appropriate term for an animal 'body'.

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
t Christ was then in His "glorified body"
Now I kinda see where you're coming from....I cannot attest to the fact that the body which He is able to manifest these days, is the same body that He walked around in while here....But a body He certainly does have, or at least the ability to manifest in one...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So purely because of who ever sat and tried to translate the bible used the word carcass, they want to call Jesus' body a carcass ? I still believe that is a more appropriate term for an animal 'body'.

agree...neither do I understand why body 'needs' to be changed to carcass... why does us agreeing or disagreeing make any difference ?
Jesus "laid down His life" ...what more makes any difference?
Do you know? For I sure do not. Haha!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus "laid down His life"
You're so right....It has no bearing either way what anyone calls His temporary remains...I think I misunderstood something from the start, in that I thought someone believed that His body stayed here somehow ( dead), thus becoming a relic......Like the catholic church used to sell pieces of wood from the supposed cross, or nails from it, as relics.....I was mistaken.....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're so right....It has no bearing either way what anyone calls His temporary remains...I think I misunderstood something from the start, in that I thought someone believed that His body stayed here somehow ( dead), thus becoming a relic......Like the catholic church used to sell pieces of wood from the supposed cross, or nails from it, as relics.....I was mistaken.....

Yes, agree...just 72 hours!! It hardly matters of importance what His body was called for that short a time!! After that..it "was not"...that's why the soldier guards were so worried...the body had vanished from sight. :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So purely because of who ever sat and tried to translate the bible used the word carcass, they want to call Jesus' body a carcass ?
well, i would say that it's the other way around; the original--or what has been established to be a faithful copy, anyway--states that Jo of A went to collect a body, but he got a carcass; it is the translations that are not faithful to the original.
I still believe that is a more appropriate term for an animal 'body'.
exactly, wherein a message is being given, that the translations have edited out, see.
Jo did not collect Christ's Body, is the sense given in the original; he collected a carcass, and it is carcass for a reason.
And even in the Lex this will often not be seen by reading the English, but the Strong's has to be used @ the relevant word;
Mark 15:45 When he learned from the centurion that it was so, he gave the body to Joseph.
Mark 15:45 Lexicon: And ascertaining this from the centurion, he granted the body to Joseph. (ptoma in the transliteration, rather than soma, the word normally expected there))
Strong's Greek: 4430. πτῶμα (ptóma) -- a fall, hence a misfortune, ruin (carcass, corpse, dead body, etc)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Now I kinda see where you're coming from....I cannot attest to the fact that the body which He is able to manifest these days, is the same body that He walked around in while here....But a body He certainly does have, or at least the ability to manifest in one...
He does; in us. We are the Body of Christ now, which--the argument goes--is why Jo could only collect a carcass

but see, the same guy who never "preaches" on Nehushtan will also not be "preaching" about carcasses, i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
oh, that happened too, see, the Catholics have His Body still on the cross, the Prots mostly all have His Body coming back to save them again or whatever, storing manna for tomorrow, or worshipping Jesus, all kinda vultures gathered around the carcass, just like the Book says