Protestant Leaders and the pope

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
When you start saying that our God is the same as the Muslims god, then we get into dangerous waters.
hmm, really we just attack Sacred Cows imo, and i personally would not do this mostly so as to not lower the Muslims i know to the status of most of Christianity, sad to say, bc i am a Christian, but they blow us away spiritually. Turn off the news, imo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
when we could come to a better understanding by working through our differences and coming to some conclusions that might be rewarding!
understand that if a Muslim (or an Atheist) practices righteousness better than a Christian, well that is all God cares about i guess

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understand that if a Muslim (or an Atheist) practices righteousness better than a Christian, well that is all God cares about i guess

I know you are trying to make me upside down again, LOL, you understand the gift of Salvation, so No that is not all that God cares about! How do we define righteousness? Better yet how do we define Practicing Righteousness?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I know you are trying to make me upside down again, LOL, you understand the gift of Salvation, so No that is not all that God cares about! How do we define righteousness? Better yet how do we define Practicing Righteousness?
43Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a nation producing its fruit.

so i dunno, might be all God cares about. i don't see any "bring the Good Samaritans of the world to your understanding of salvation" anywhere, wadr

Christians burn as well as any other dry stick, i guess!

Reactions: Truth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's that "hate" comment again.
Just because somebody disagrees with catholic doctrine and considers it "non- christian" does not mean that the person "hates".
I'm so sick of that. I see it all the time. In politics, in religious discussions, even in the bus. world.....when one refuses to shop at Walmart he must "hate" that store....
If a person simply disagrees with the Catholic Church - that is not hate.
When people make up lies and fairy tales like so many of you here - that is absolutely hate.

The only other option is that e person making up these falsehoods is a compulsive liar.
Can you think of another option?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doctrines only take us so far anyway - Christ unites us.

This is my first post today, I have been on Site here checked the threads many times, and have found nothing that moved me post...I've clicked some "likes"...but this short one liner of Aspen'd deserves more than just a "like".

Amen...we need to pause and let this one line sink into our hearts.
We will all become shipwrecked if our hearts stay hardened to this truth.

Reactions: aspen and Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or perhaps it is that doctrines only take us so far in the right direction and then will they divide us? Remember the verses that our friend @bbyrd009 has often quoted at least in part on this forum?

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." Matt 10:35-36

"And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:" Matt 12:25

So then it those who were all from the same house in the beginning that are indeed now against each other: Catholics and Protestants.

Those who truly seek first the kingdom and righteousness of God [Matt 6:33] before their own sect [be it Catholic or Protestant] are the more likely to be part of the stone cut out of the mountain with hands to crush the feet of clay and iron [Protestantism and Catholicism] as per Daniel 2:34-35 and will then fill the whole earth.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[be it Catholic or Protestant]
People seem to fail to recognize there is only one true church, if thats what men must call it, and its not one of them, come out of her "my people", what ever we attach ourselves to becomes a stumbling block, religion is just one of them.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
People seem to fail to recognize there is only one true church, if thats what men must call it, and its not one of them, come out of her "my people", what ever we attach ourselves to becomes a stumbling block, religion is just one of them.
next time you go into a building with a tower, where you all "speak the same language," imo the imagery should be pretty obvious to anyone who can see

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fact is that false teachers, as mentioned by Rollo, are getting very friendly with the pope.
Christians, be aware of these guys. They are money hungry wolves out to deceive the flock.
Nothing good will be coming out of it.

And "Bread of Life", please stick to the issues without insulting people here.
There's no need to insult people who disagree with the cult you are following.
You are starting to sound like an angry man.
Hi Triumph,

I could not understand the OP until I read your post. Now I understand what Rollo was saying. I guess I just don't know how to undo those cryptic posts!!

I also wish Bread of Life would chill out.

How do we know when a Church has become a cult?

Curious Mary

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's that "hate" comment again.
Just because somebody disagrees with catholic doctrine and considers it "non- christian" does not mean that the person "hates".
I'm so sick of that. I see it all the time. In politics, in religious discussions, even in the bus. world.....when one refuses to shop at Walmart he must "hate" that store....

I apologize, but how am I supposed to categorize your behaviour? The definition of "hate" is: "feel intense dislike for". If you put all Catholics in bed with the Nazi's, then I must assume you feel intense dislike for them. What else would I call it? You, no doubt would call it nothing but the truth. And it may have elements of truth in it. There are certainly doctrines the RCC have that I strongly disagree with. But you are not engaging directly with those doctrines, you are making over-arching, broad sweeping comments of intense dislike. So...if you have a problem with my terminology...again I apologize, but I don't know that it's me that can be at fault....

I like what you have said, It would be Great to be able to gain understanding with people of all Christian faiths. Paul said that some say we are of Paul, some of Peter some of Zwigly, some of Luther!!!!!!! I did not die for you, OUR SAVIOR DIED IN OUR STEED, He laid down His life that all could be Saved, so we should be able to interact, learn grow together, as the BODY of Messiah [Christ] Has anyone ever heard the saying that some peoples minds are like concrete, all mixed up and set, that is the best way to express people of other denominations, this is what we believe and we won't listen to any other precepts , when we could come to a better understanding by working through our differences and coming to some conclusions that might be rewarding!

I completely agree. Although...there are reasons...good reasons, why the different denominations came to be and still are. We cannot ignore the convictions and understandings we have on particular doctrines. I'd love to say it didn't, and one day it won't. But for now there will always be a ...divide of sorts, between the Protestant and Catholic Churches on matters of Doctrine. My big point is that even if we do differ on these issues, we still gather together around our love of, and devotion to, Jesus Christ. If we cannot behave with love and a certain graciousness towards each other because of that fact...even in disagreement...then what sort of witness are we setting for the rest of the world??

Well...yes...and...no. Without 'doctrine', there would be no understanding of Jesus Christ. Doctrine is only the word used to paint in the understanding we take from scripture of the God-man we follow. Every time you think on Christ's character or sacrifice. Where he came from or went. When or how he plans to return. Anything. It's all because of scripture...which is all knitted together in doctrines. The two go together in a perfect harmony. So I'd say that if man is using the 'doctrine' of God in any way that is unholy, that is his fault. It's not that doctrine is unhelpful or unnecessary.

Reactions: Truth

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I apologize, but how am I supposed to categorize your behaviour?

All I can say is, I hate nobody, (and people who know me will confirm that), but I sure as heck dislike sexual abuse of children, and how the catholic church is handling it. I live in an area where catholics have abused native children in residential schools, and there are daily more hair raising report coming out in the open.
That "nazi photo" showed up because I quoted somebody's post and it was included.
I did not look it up. I confirmed the situation.

I can say more but don't.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that would be nice.
But he's on several Christian forums disrupting discussions.
Seems to be a hobby of him.
I know for a fact that he (and a few muslims) has been blocked on one of them.
Jesus disrupted a lot of discussions also....:eek: (not comparing BOL to Jesus)

Mary