Question: Why not believe in Christ's millennial reign on earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many claim Jesus will literally return and rule "On This Earth" In A Millennium this being false in deception

Jesus warned his followers against this teaching, Jesus wont be found anywhere upon this earth as many claim

The Antichrist will be in Jerusalem, claiming to be Messiah Returned, "Beware"!

"Believe It Not" "Go Not Forth"

Matthew 24:23-27KJV
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Revelation 13:13-14KJV
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 19:20KJV
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
Repeating ourselves is not a response to any point made, but only an end of discussion.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an honest question, I would like to hear any answers to.

Aside from the Scriptural argument itself, which can go one way or the other.

Why is there sometimes such zeal to not believe in Jesus' millennial reign, with His resurrected saints on this earth?
Because that isn't taught in scripture. I am zealous for opposing false teaching and promoting truth from scripture.

It's not like it has an effect on Christian living at this time. Or does it?
It can, but not necessarily. If you don't recognize that Jesus is reigning now and that we reign with Him and have complete authority over our spiritual enemy because of that, then it can result in not living the kind of victorious life that He wants us to live.

Also, if you think that everything revolves around the nation of Israel rather than Jesus and His church and that leads you to give a lot of money and attention to things pertaining to the nation of Israel, then that can lead to having a different focus than God wants us to have.

What's wrong with Jesus returning and reigning in Person on earth as the Lion of Judah?
If that was actually taught in scripture, then nothing would be wrong with it. But, it's not. He will reign on the (renewed, new) earth with the Father, though. But, the (new) earth will be free of sin and death forever at that point.

I mean, doesn't He have the right to do so as Creator? Hasn't He even more than earned the right to do so, having been the slain Lamb of God?

Seriously, it's almost like blasphemy to some people, to even suggest Jesus Christ has any right to personally rule over His earth in any amount of time He pleases.
He will do so at the Father's side forever. But, what scripture teaches is that He will deliver His kingdom to the Father when He returns at the end of the age (1 Cor 15:22-24, Matt 13:40-43).

When you think about, with some of the mockery brought in, there's got to be something more spiritual to it, than just passion of knowledge, and thinking to rebuke false doctrine.
There is.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It fits with the millennial day theory.

A day is like a thousand years, a thousand years is like a day.

For the Lord that is.

We're counting up the end of 6000 years of Bible Genealogy.

Six one thousand year days.

So a seventh one thousand year day fits the plan.
What plan? Where is this plan taught in scripture that there would be 6,000 years of history, then Christ returns, then 1,000 years (plus Satan's little season) more?

And you can have a thousand symbolic cattle on a thousand symbolic hills, but there's no such thing as symbolic "time".

All of the 18 prophetic time periods, even those translated day for a year, in Daniel and Revelation are literal time.

1. Time, times and half a time (saints persecuted – Daniel 7:25)​
2. 2,300 evenings and mornings (until temple restored – Daniel 8:14)​
3. 70 weeks (determined upon the Jews, Messiah crucified – Daniel 9:24,25)​
4. Time, times and half a time (when completed, power of the holy people – Daniel 12:7)​
5. 1,290 days (from the end of the daily to the setting up of the abomination – Daniel 12:11)​
6. 1,335 days (blessed is the one who waits for and reaches this day – Daniel 12:12)​
7. Half hour of silence (at the opening of the 7th seal – Revelation 8:1)​
8. 5 months (length of torture upon those not having the seal of God – Revelation 9:5)​
9. Hour, day, month and year (event when war begins – Revelation 9:15)​
10. 42 months (Gentiles trample holy city – Revelation 11:2)​
11. 1,260 days (Two Witnesses empowered for this length of time – Revelation 11:3)​
12. 3.5 days (bodies of Two Witnesses lie in the street – Revelation 11:11)​
13. 1,260 days (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:6)​
14. Time, times and half a time (woman fled into the desert – Revelation 12:14)​
15. 42 months (persecution of saints – Revelation 13:5)​
16. One hour (ten kings join with beast – Revelation 17:12)​
17. One day, one hour (Babylon’s destruction begins – Revelation 18:8,19)​
18. 1,000 years (Satan in the abyss – Revelation 20:2)​

This list was compiled by my friend Larry Wilson from Ohio.
So, the ten kings reign with the beast for literally 60 minutes? That's all they get? I don't believe any of the time periods given in Daniel and Revelation are meant to be taken literally.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, the ten kings reign with the beast for literally 60 minutes? That's all they get? I don't believe any of the time periods given in Daniel and Revelation are meant to be taken literally.
I see the 3 1/2 years (or 1260 days) as imagery from the old Hebrew calendar, and representing a short time.
I strongly disagree
So how do you see the sixty minute reigns?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see the 3 1/2 years (or 1260 days) as imagery from the old Hebrew calendar, and representing a short time.

So how do you see the sixty minute reigns?
The poster stated "All Time" references seen in Daniel & Revelation aren't literal, I Disagree

Examples seen below, this will be "Literal" earthly time of 1260 days and 42 months seen below

Problem is within reformed "Preterist" eschatology, it doesn't believe in or teach of future literal prophets returned in the "Two Witnesses" or a literal human man "The Beast" deception in my opinion

Revelation 11:3KJV
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

Revelation 13:5KJV
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your understanding of the two witnesses? It indicates that they witness for the duration of the 1260 days at which point that beast ascends from the bottomless pit and kills them. I see the two witnesses as a symbolic representation of the church and refers to the witness of the church during the New Testament time period up until Satan's little season, which I believe the 3.5 days referenced in Rev 11:11 represents.

Reactions: rwb

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Examples seen below, this will be "Literal" earthly time of 1260 days and 42 months seen below

Problem with futurism (and your variety of Amil) is that people will be able to predict, literally to the day, Jesus' second coming.

Problem is within reformed "Preterist" eschatology, it doesn't believe in or teach of future literal prophets returned in the "Two Witnesses" or a literal human man "The Beast" deception in my opinion

(My definition) The ‘Beast’ rising from the sea of nations is the aggregation of world power into empires – the end result of secular human government, independent of, and antagonistic to God. You must be thinking of 'Antichrist' - the human embodiment of the 'beast.'

Reactions: rwb and jeffweeder

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Problem with futurism (and your variety of Amil) is that people will be able to predict, literally to the day, Jesus' second coming.

Christians are given the signs to identify the day of the second coming. These are found in the OD and various parts of Rev.

The ‘Beast’ rising from the sea of nations is the aggregation of world power into empires – the end result of secular human government, independent of, and antagonistic to God.

Rev describes all of this as a human government, dependent on, and loyal to god. The partnership of Babylon and the beast kingdom and the little horned AC beast guarantees this.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What is your understanding of the two witnesses? It indicates that they witness for the duration of the 1260 days at which point that beast ascends from the bottomless pit and kills them. I see the two witnesses as a symbolic representation of the church and refers to the witness of the church during the New Testament time period up until Satan's little season, which I believe the 3.5 days referenced in Rev 11:11 represents.
Two witnesses equals the 'Church'. Amen!

1260 days equals the church age. Hmmm hmmx1: Let me chew on that.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(My definition) The ‘Beast’ rising from the sea of nations is the aggregation of world power into empires – the end result of secular human government, independent of, and antagonistic to God. You must be thinking of 'Antichrist' - the human embodiment of the 'beast.'
Christian I don't know the day the 1260 days or 42 months will literally start, scripture teaches no man will know the exact day and hour, but the spirit filled believer will know the "Season" I strongly disagree with your "Claim" man will know the exact day of the start, or the (day/hour) of the Lord's return, it's a "Mystery"

Christian "The Beast" seen in Revelation Chapter 13 will be a literal human man as scripture clearly identifies below

Revelation 13:18KJV
18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two witnesses equals the 'Church'. Amen!

1260 days equals the church age. Hmmm hmmx1: Let me chew on that.
Two witnesses equals two literal prophets returned, that have physical bodies that die, that lay in a physical street upon this earth for 3.5 literal days dead, that have brought literal plagues upon a literal world in God's representation, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Your reformed preterist eschatology has you blind to biblical truth, Two Witnesses "Future Literal"

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two witnesses equals two literal prophets returned, that have physical bodies that die, that lay in a physical street upon this earth for 3.5 literal days dead, that have brought literal plagues upon a literal world in God's representation, a remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt

Your reformed preterist eschatology has you blind to biblical truth, Two Witnesses "Future Literal"

In Love, Jesus Is The Lord
Truth, I wanted to respond to the above quote. Please realize I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m only asking you to consider something else.

Christ sent his followers out by 2’s throughout the world as witnesses. That is what the Church does today. I’m not teaching you anything you don’t already know, but still, it must said. If you take them literally, then 2 human men will breathe literal fire. Isn’t that far fetched? God is able to do anything but he already gives us examples of all things in Revelation through other scripture. Example:

Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

Jeremiah 5:14
Wherefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, Because ye speak this word, behold, I will make my words in thy mouth fire, and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

Please consider the wording has literal implications, but its context must be sought out throughout the Bible. The words of these 2 are like fire burning and searing the conscious of men. Taking it extremely literal is one of the problems the Pharisees had with some scripture. All of these things can be biblically explained by scripture.
The text has wonderful cross references in this regard.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you think about, with some of the mockery brought in, there's got to be something more spiritual to it, than just passion of knowledge, and thinking to rebuke false doctrine.
The Truth Is when you can’t think about it.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you have 2 Second Comings. One in the first century and one "a thousand" years later.

Actually we have two comings of Christ. He came to earth a man in the first century AD, and He will come the second time when this Messianic Gospel age, symbolized a thousand years is finished.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Actually we have two comings of Christ. He came to earth a man in the first century AD, and He will come the second time when this Messianic Gospel age, symbolized a thousand years is finished.
Where, then; do you place Zechariah 14:16-21?
Plus the many prophesies telling about a wonderful time when the wolf will lie down with the lamb, and followers of Jesus will be His priesta and co-rulers on earth. Revelation 5:10

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an honest question, I would like to hear any answers to.

Aside from the Scriptural argument itself, which can go one way or the other.

Why is there sometimes such zeal to not believe in Jesus' millennial reign, with His resurrected saints on this earth?

It's not like it has an effect on Christian living at this time. Or does it?

What's wrong with Jesus returning and reigning in Person on earth as the Lion of Judah?

I mean, doesn't He have the right to do so as Creator? Hasn't He even more than earned the right to do so, having been the slain Lamb of God?

Seriously, it's almost like blasphemy to some people, to even suggest Jesus Christ has any right to personally rule over His earth in any amount of time He pleases.

Believe it or not, Jesus is personally here now reigning.

Which is to say, the issue is rather one of not believing in Him having [already] come in the perfect spiritual glory of the Father. Which most deny while saying, "Yeah, sure, I got Jesus!" Meaning--just as Jesus said--because they deny Him, He also denies them.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the poster said your "Messianic Gospel age" has been since Adam. Two Second Comings, one 4,000 years after Adam, one 6,000 years after Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.