Re posting

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Can someone here explain to me how to reply to posts using the quote button without being sarcastic?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone here explain to me how to reply to posts using the quote button without being sarcastic?

the way I do it is by highlighting the part of the post I want to respond to. Tap on the beginning and highlight down to quote the whole post, or just a part that stands out to you. Once it is highlighted …it will ask “reply” or “quote” either works for me.

there also should be a +quote beside the “like” button…instead of “like” this post…select “+ quote” and it will add the whole post.

once their quote is in your box to respond…you have to be careful not to interfere with the brackets around the quote, or their quote won’t be embed in your response. I’ve accidentally deleted the brackets at the end of those quote before …then it is no longer a “quote”. Clear their “quote” if this happens and re-insert, same steps: highlighting and “reply” or “quote”

what I like about highlighting (the same way you make a part bold in your own post bold), is you can add multiple quotes from their post…to respond under each one, one at a time. It works well but again, with multiple quotes it only works if you don’t interfere with the brackets around their quote. Type your response under each quote…then when you post, their quote is above your response.

I hope this helps. I’m not good at explaining, and most of the time I do things backwards or the hard way. Others may have an easier explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
the way I do it is by highlighting the part of the post I want to respond to. Tap on the beginning and highlight down to quote the whole post, or just a part that stands out to you
Like this Victory?
He was offering salvation for those who believed in Him. Some jewish people clearly wasn't having anything to do with it, similar to today some still dont.

You shouldn't be you are a Jew who believes in Jesus. some Jewish people don't believe in Jesus and practice Jewish religion of old.

It's bit odd the population of Israel is only 2% Christian, half a point above Iran 1.5%

They have no answer for it.

Well, thanks for the heads up AJ, didn't know that...can you explain to me how to use the quote button when I want to reply to you, or if you post a lengthy explanation and I want to zoom in to answer, or give my opinion, how do I go about doing that?
This is the first time someone helped me on how to use the scripture verses....let me try it out...Psalms 54:6...

...wrong verse...here..Psalms 45:6

Right AJ, now it's getting interesting...when I want to reply, do I hit the quote button and THEN reply to your rather lengthy explanations?
Shalom

the way I do it is by highlighting the part of the post I want to respond to. Tap on the beginning and highlight down to quote the whole post, or just a part that stands out to you.
Like this?

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the way I do it is by highlighting the part of the post I want to respond to. Tap on the beginning and highlight down to quote the whole post, or just a part that stands out to you. Once it is highlighted …it will ask “reply” or “quote” either works for me.

there also should be a +quote beside the “like” button…instead of “like” this post…select “+ quote” and it will add the whole post.

what I like about highlighting (the same way you make a part bold in your own post bold), is you can add multiple quotes from their post…to respond under each one, one at a time. It works well but again, with multiple quotes it only works if you don’t interfere with the brackets around their quote. Type your response under each quote…then when you post, their quote is above your response.

I forgot to tell you …if you highlight and select “Quote” it adds it, once you add another “quote” it adds it too, then another …it should ask when you go to post a reply “add these quotes”…it will give you an option to select “add this quote” to the ones you want to add …or delete the ones you have changed your mind about. By highlighting: you can add a quote from one member, and a quote from another member to your post…at the same time:

ignore all the quotes here…only showing how it works.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I messed up because I quoted your post…but then typed my response to you …within your post before where you asked “like this”

I think you are quoting also the whole post …then replying within the post…which makes your words “within” their quote.

have you tried highlighting…up to where you want your response to go. Then highlighting to where you want to insert your next response. Then when you go to post…insert quotes. This way your responses won’t be inserted within their quotes, but clearly under them?

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I messed up because I quoted you post…but then typed my response to you …within your post before where you “like this”

I think you are quoting also the whole post …then replying within the post…which makes you words “within” their quote.
Right, here we go, like this?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I messed up because I quoted you post…but then typed my response to you …within your post before where you “like this”

I think you are quoting also the whole post …then replying within the post…which makes you words “within” their quote.
OK, here's what I'm doing brother, I highlight as you said, then "quote", go to more options, highlight, then reply...I'm all mixed up brother Lol!

have you tried highlighting…up to where you want your response to go. Then highlighting to where you want to insert your next response.
I think so, now I know why the majority of my posts don't get answered or not "going" where it's suppose to go.
Highlight
More options
Then reply....correct?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, here we go, like this?

see
and [Quote said:
whether you add one quote
Or two
Or three
As long as you don’t type within those brackets …your response won’t be within their quote…delete either the beginning
or the last [Quote said:
and it won’t work… like “ ” I guess your telling the system what to do. “I want to respond to “ ” but I want to respond outside of “ ” …you can add your response before their quote or after…this is helpful because maybe your response is clearer first with their quote after your response…then you add their quote the same way but type above the quote, before the first:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think so, now I know why the majority of my posts don't get answered or not "going" where it's suppose to go.
Highlight
More options
Then reply....correct?

I’m going to stop because I’m getting confusing. You seriously have got this! It took me so long to figure it out. It is mostly by trial and error. I still mess up and have to start over, and I’ve been here for years!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
have you tried highlighting…up to where you want your response to go. Then highlighting to where you want to insert your next response. Then when you go to post…insert quotes. This way your responses won’t be inserted within their quotes,
Heck brother Victory, just now you are going to think I am stupid, and I am, I have highlighted to this, pressed the quote, and then reply.
AJ also helped me re the posting of scriptures, to put John 3:16 and not Jn 3:16....I will try my best @VictoryinJesus
Months of hard work down the drain and some here must have quite a chuckle.
Yours in Christ
VICTORY! [Freedom!]

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heck brother Victory, just now you are going to think I am stupid, and I am, I have highlighted to this, pressed the quote, and then reply.
AJ also helped me re the posting of scriptures, to put John 3:16 and not Jn 3:16....I will try my best @VictoryinJesus
Months of hard work down the drain and some here must have quite a chuckle.
Yours in Christ
VICTORY! [Freedom!]

I can’t remember what it was …but something I didn’t understand when I came here…I was confused and thought people were being mean and it hurt my feelings…I was like why? Later i found out it wasn’t what I thought it was but a part of the forum. I get that probably makes no sense..but the point is I get it. I used to work a lot with PowerPoint and word. I would take the longest way around to do something…like to create a book cover. Edit pictures. Combine pictures and over lap them into one. I would growl at trying to figure it out, but once I did, I learned my own way of doing it. Maybe the long way…but it still worked. Im not laughing at you. I promise. I liked helping you in some way :) thank you for allowing us to help you!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I forgot to tell you …if you highlight and select “Quote” it adds it, once you add another “quote” it adds it too, then another …it should ask when you go to post a reply “add these quotes”…it will give you an option to select “add this quote” to the ones you want to add …or delete the ones you have changed your mind about. By highlighting: you can add a quote from one member, and a quote from another member to your post…at the same time:
No ways, I'm definitely not going to quote from other members, keep it strictly simple. I hope..

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I liked helping you in some way :) thank you for allowing us to help you!

My brother, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, yesterday I was blessed with some study tools from a man I don't even know, he and his precious wife just popped up on my WhatsUp, out of nowhere, and had a long conversation about our Lord.
This was an answer to my prayers, since I feel like a third wheel on a wagon, not having a clear direction of what I should do...anyway, rambling here..
Johann

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My brother, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, yesterday I was blessed with some study tools from a man I don't even know, he and his precious wife just popped up on my WhatsUp, out of nowhere, and had a long conversation about our Lord.
This was an answer to my prayers, since I feel like a third wheel on a wagon, not having a clear direction of what I should do...anyway, rambling here..
Johann

the reason my quotes carried over to your post in the thread “mother of God” is because they were saved. When it asked if you want to quote all these quotes…you could have deleted mine and choose only to insert the quotes from: thefaith

there is a little delete quote button beside each quote when asked do you want to insert …