Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God could simply find someone else if she didn't. God could use anyone or anything if He needed to.

Luke 19:32-40 (KJV)
32 And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.
33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?
34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.
35 And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.
36 And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.
37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

If God could raise up children of Abraham from stones, then He could also raise up a stone from the ground and use that to birth His Son.

Matthew 3:7-9 (KJV)
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
Blaspheme ! do you even know why God picked Marry.

Only Satan uses people.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mean like this bit

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

YE all our works are as filty rags

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
mean like this bit

Luk 17:7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
Luk 17:8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
Luk 17:9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
Luk 17:10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

YE all our works are as filty rags

So you are attempting to use Jesus' words to disprove His own words. LOL

It's by our works that will determine our reward.

Romans 2:6-7 (KJV)
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are attempting to use Jesus' words to disprove His own words. LOL

It's by our works that will determine our reward.
What reward??, isnt salvation enough for you, see like I said, so many want to boast, so many dont believe His works where enough, He paid teh ultimate sacrifice for us, but everyone wants to out do Him, as if they could..
OIf it is not by Grace than all thats left, is your works, let teh boasting begin.

Coming in at number 10.....

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
What reward??, isnt salvation enough for you, see like I said, so many want to boast, so many dont believe His works where enough, He paid teh ultimate sacrifice for us, but everyone wants to out do Him, as if they could..
OIf it is not by Grace than all thats left, is your works, let teh boasting begin.

Coming in at number 10.....

The fact that you asked that question is very revealing how ignorant christians are of why God made human beings, even though, Jesus answered that question in His parables. In addition to that, it's also in other parts of the Bible.....both the Old and the New Testament. It really shows how far christianity have strayed from the truth. I could tell what the reward is if you are interested in knowing.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So if God didn't use Mary, then how did she got pregmant without having sex with a man?
It goes to show you are totally ignorant on the subject, She said ? ok to God !
God chose her for a reason, not just anyone you know.
And did you know the reason why God chose Marry ?

Reactions: pia

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
It goes to show you are totally ignorant on the subject, She said ? ok to God !
God chose her for a reason, not just anyone you know.
And did you know the reason why God chose Marry ?

You have not answered my question. So I'm asking it again. If God didn't use Mary, then how did she got pregmant without having sex with a man?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
then how did she got pregmant without having sex with a man?
She received and allowed the Word ( the Seed) from God, to do what the angel said to her.....To bring forth a Holy child....If she had not been a virgin, it wouldn't have worked......a sacrifice has to be pure and of pure stock...

Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
She received and allowed the Word ( the Seed) from God, to do what the angel said to her.....To bring forth a Holy child....If she had not been a virgin, it wouldn't have worked......a sacrifice has to be pure and of pure stock...

It wasn't as if she of her ownself got pregnant by herself....God had to do it.....so God used her so that the Word, could become flesh/human. So you can use semantics all you want, but the fact still is, she become pregnant by God via the Holy Spirit.....this is why Jesus was called the Son of God. He existed before He become flesh and blood.

Reactions: pia

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
That is all very well, but please do seek His face and His voice also.......He is so very much more than a few written pages..

That's besides the point. The point is, I choose to do my onw personal Bible study(as the scripture say I should), rather than depend on someone else to inlighten me about God's word. Many times those who others look to teach them, are themselves lack understanding. Which would mean that those who look to them will also lack understanding.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that you asked that question is very revealing how ignorant christians are of why God made human beings, even though, Jesus answered that question in His parables. In addition to that, it's also in other parts of the Bible.....both the Old and the New Testament. It really shows how far christianity have strayed from the truth. I could tell what the reward is if you are interested in knowing.
Why do I need a reward, salvation is enough, do you want a reward, is that something you need to earn, something to boast of, yes you are right, so many have strayed from teh truth, walking in teh flesh, hoping to be saved by there works, oh ye of little faith.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do I need a reward, salvation is enough, do you want a reward, is that something you need to earn, something to boast of, yes you are right, so many have strayed from teh truth, walking in teh flesh, hoping to be saved by there works, oh ye of little faith.

Hey David
If you don’t believe in , or want any reward. What do you do with Paul?
- “I press toward the Prize of the high calling..”
Salvation is one thing, but but inheritance and rewards are something different.

Not all 4 of my grandchildren will get the same inheritance from me.
As I see it...”the Prize of the High Calling in Jesus Christ “...is how close or not , we are to the lord in the kingdom.
Paul didn’t run the race to obtain salvation, he ran the race to obtain his position ie = “I go to prepare a place for you,”...... Paul was “making his calling and election sure.”
I believe when we say that we don’t care or want our reward....well, all I can say is “ouch”..does that not disappoint the Lord?

Just my two cents.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe when we say that we don’t care or want our reward....well, all I can say is “ouch”..does that not disappoint the Lord?
Nah just means my salvation by that sacrifice that Christ paid for me is enough, Is Gods Love not enough of a reward for us that we must try earn it.

Everyone is trying to impress God, God is not impressed, any thing I receive is because of Gods love and grace and will be happily received, but it will not be by my works, I have nothing to boast of but Christ Jesus. Nothing at all,

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

How do you know salvation is enough? Are you saying you know better than God?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you know salvation is enough? Are you saying you know better than God?
You are a man filled with contention are you here just to fight, or here to grow.. Isnt salvation enough for you, what else do you demand from God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

No one who refuse to use their gifts will be in the kingdom of God. But all those who will be in the kingdom of God, will be those who will be rewared for what they did.....Jesus made that very clear as well as Paul and John.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
You are a man filled with contention are you here just to fight, or here to grow.. Isnt salvation enough for you, what else do you demand from God.

It's not a demand, I simply accept what God's word tells me......that's what growing spiritually means. I didn't make the rules.....God did.