Religion is about what WE do.True Christianity is about what CHRIST has already done.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

When Jesus was dead how much help was he able to give anyone? Did not his good words and his miracles stop until he resurrected?

While Jesus was alive He taught His disciples more than enough for them to not lose hope. But because they were still a bit carnal, they didn't fully grasp what He was teaching them.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That only applies if those who profess to be prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers are actually what they presents themselves to be. I have put them in the scale so-to-speak(I'm referring to the Bible) many of those who present themselves as such and have found them to be false.
And on what basis are you able to judge them rightly? Even called ministers at time make mistakes, but they do not lose their calling do they?

Reactions: Triumph1300

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
And on what basis are you able to judge them rightly? Even called ministers at time make mistakes, but they do not lose their calling do they?

Simple.....the Bible itself. For example: the Berean Jews was said to be more fair minded, because unlike the Jews in Thessalonica they didn't reject what Paul and Silas said to them because it was new or strange to them. It say they searched the scriptures to see if what they were being told was true.

Acts 17:10-12 (ESV)
10 The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue.
11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.
12 Many of them therefore believed, with not a few Greek women of high standing as well as men.

Sadly, most christians that I have come across are not like them. If I say something that is not in agreement with what their church believe, they will reject it, even when I back it up with the scriptures. And by the way, the scripture that they searched daily, was the Torah or what we call the Old Testament.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If I say something that is not in agreement with what their church believe, they will reject it, even when I back it up with the scriptures.

Different denominations - Different opinions.
Been like that for 1000's of years.
Nothing new under the sun.
Maybe you should get used to it?
Check the "Catholic-Protestant Battle " on this forum. (If you'r up to it).

I will all come to a grinding halt in the twinkling of an eye.
I'm looking forward to it.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Different denominations - Different opinions.
Been like that for 1000's of years.
Nothing new under the sun.
Maybe you should get used to it?
Check the "Catholic-Protestant Battle " on this forum. (If you'r up to it).

I will all come to a grinding halt in the twinkling of an eye.
I'm looking forward to it.

That's the difference between people like the Berean Jews and and others. They don't go by their opinion.....they search the scriptures to see if what they are being told is so or at least doesn't violate the scriptures.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I don't know.
I asked you if you have anything positive...
You say "About What" "Be Specific".....

Well....anything positive would be welcomed.
Fly at it.

Possitive? Ok. Well here is something positive from the Bible that is prophecied to come.

Psalm 86:9 (KJV)
9 All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name.

Isaiah 2:2-4 (Darby)
2 And it shall come to pass in the end of days, [that] the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow unto it.
3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and Jehovah's word from Jerusalem.
4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall reprove many peoples; and they shall forge their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruning-knives: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Isaiah 19:18-25 (Darby)
18 In that day shall there be five cities in the land of Egypt speaking the language of Canaan, and swearing by Jehovah of hosts: one shall be called, The city of Heres.
19 In that day shall there be an altar to Jehovah in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to Jehovah:
20 and it shall be for a sign and for a witness to Jehovah of hosts in the land of Egypt; for they shall cry unto Jehovah because of the oppressors, and he will send them a saviour and defender, who shall deliver them.
21 And Jehovah shall be known to the Egyptians, and the Egyptians shall know Jehovah in that day, and shall serve with sacrifice and oblation; and they shall vow a vow unto Jehovah, and perform it.
22 And Jehovah will smite Egypt; he will smite and heal: and they shall return to Jehovah, and he will be entreated of them, and will heal them.
23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria; and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria; and Egypt shall serve with Assyria.
24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth;
25 whom Jehovah of hosts will bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance!

Habakkuk 2:14 (Darby)
14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of Jehovah as the waters cover the sea.

All the above will take place after Jesus returns and establish His throne in Jerusalem with the saints with Him.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you are a Darbyite. Darby translated his own version of the Bible.
Darby's followers created a tight group of churches known as Exclusive Brethren (also called Darbyites), while the others, maintaining a more congregational church government with less stringent membership standards, were called Open Brethren.

Historians have criticized Darby's tendency to treat opponents harshly: "His criticisms of what he considered error were forceful and enlightening yet at times extreme, perhaps closing otherwise open doors," says one, noting that Darby condemned Dwight Moody (they disagreed on freedom of will), who made efforts to befriend his British colleague.

Another critic was Charles Spurgeon.

You attend a Darbyite church I assume.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry can't agree here. ( hey we finally find something that we don't agree upon...what fun :) )

What you are saying is... " I am quite happy to sit in "the house " knowing that my beloved loves me....but I am not interested in the intimacy of the bed chamber , or being as close to him as I can get. Or come to that, being where HE has DESTINED me to be."

That to me is your attitude here.
"Im saved, so that is enough for me."

Paul did not preach this...Paul was always looking forward and reaching toward the position in glory that God had called him to fill..." unless he missed the mark of the prize of the high calling."

This pattern is shown in the tabernacle in the wilderness...each priest had a different duty and calling...not all were Aaron...not all Moses, not all served the shewbread, not all tended the candlestick with oil...not all served at the brazen altar sacrificing...etc etc...God has a place and a purpose for all...and it behooves us to fill the order and calling that He has destined for us.
Not just in the here and now...but also in the kingdom, as Paul shows us.
Why did you become a christian some one asked, to be rewarded?? You and another @Windmillcharge made me think, when did I became a christain, I can think of no reason, When I gave my life to Christ, I didnt know Him, I was not offered salvation, there was no "David come do this", there was no promises of reward, I just did, probably because of this as I am reminded.

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

So here I am, because I am to do Gods will not because of any promises or rewards, men always want rewards, thats why there are so many running around after the flesh demanding works of everyone, so they can have some thing to boast of. all I have to boast of is Christ Jesus. he knows my name, im happy.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
So you are a Darbyite. Darby translated his own version of the Bible.
Darby's followers created a tight group of churches known as Exclusive Brethren (also called Darbyites), while the others, maintaining a more congregational church government with less stringent membership standards, were called Open Brethren.

Historians have criticized Darby's tendency to treat opponents harshly: "His criticisms of what he considered error were forceful and enlightening yet at times extreme, perhaps closing otherwise open doors," says one, noting that Darby condemned Dwight Moody (they disagreed on freedom of will), who made efforts to befriend his British colleague.

Another critic was Charles Spurgeon.

You attend a Darbyite church I assume.

No, I'm not. I have 23 translations of the Bible for the purpose of clarity. You see, no translation is a perfect translation(including the KJV),so it's good to have various versions.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What you say makes no sense.....the Bible is God's word. How can one say they obey what Jesus said in the Bible, but still disobey Jesus? No one that has the Holy Spirit would disobey what Jesus commands in the Bible. Before you can live according to God's will, you have to first believe that He preserved the Bible for His people to study it and then live it. But once you condemn the Bible as being a dead book, then you are speaking the words of the devil.
Actually if you ask our mate BOL teh catholic church gave us the bible, and they had every reason to corrupt it, the diff is you use the bible to keep yourself from God and Jesus, I use the bible to show how one should have a relationship with Christ, There are many on here who can quote you texts and teh bible in 3 different languagus yet they dont know God any more than anyone else, there are many who have studied teh bible for there whole life and yet will die never knowing God, and that is the sadnes of it all. It is just an idol that men worship more than God Himself, and even put it above Him.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Actually if you ask our mate BOL teh catholic church gave us the bible, and they had every reason to corrupt it, the diff is you use the bible to keep yourself from God and Jesus, I use the bible to show how one should have a relationship with Christ, There are many on here who can quote you texts and teh bible in 3 different languagus yet they dont know God any more than anyone else, there are many who have studied teh bible for there whole life and yet will die never knowing God, and that is the sadnes of it all. It is just an idol that men worship more than God Himself, and even put it above Him.

We are done here.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Well, maybe many versions is causing confusion.
I'll stick to my KJV.

Not for me. Language is not an easy thing to translate from one into the other. Besides for the fact that the English language keeps changing, there are words in one language that either cannot be fully translated but also have no counterpart in another language, as well as the fact that a translator have to decide where to put a comma, a period and so on. But nevertheless, much of God's word is able to be translated into English accurately. God is also in control of His word....He made sure it's been preserved, even using people or institutions that may not be Godly to do it.....that's how God works if and when His people are not able to do it themselves.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have not answered my question. So I'm asking it again. If God didn't use Mary, then how did she got pregmant without having sex with a man?
Mary was pure a Saint and that's why God picked her.

All this rubbish about virgin as the worldly carry on about is futile, they can't get past this because they are not born again of the Holy Spirit. so they are on the wrong track to start with, just dribbling pagan nonsense.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Mary was pure a Saint and that's why God picked her.

All this rubbish about virgin as the worldly carry on about is futile, they can't get past this because they are not born again of the Holy Spirit. so they are on the wrong track to start with, just dribbling pagan nonsense.

When you say pure what do you mean?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did you become a christian some one asked, to be rewarded?? You and another @Windmillcharge made me think, when did I became a christain, I can think of no reason, When I gave my life to Christ, I didnt know Him, I was not offered salvation, there was no "David come do this", there was no promises of reward, I just did, probably because of this as I am reminded.

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

So here I am, because I am to do Gods will not because of any promises or rewards, men always want rewards, thats why there are so many running around after the flesh demanding works of everyone, so they can have some thing to boast of. all I have to boast of is Christ Jesus. he knows my name, im happy.

Okay...no problem.

But please do ask the Lord about it first before you just settle in your contentment.
Just remember that in Pilgrims Progress ..Christian got himself into trouble when he decided to go and take his rest in the meadow.
< I saw now, that they went on till they came to the river that was on this side of the Delectable Mountains; to the river where the fine trees grow on both sides, and whose leaves, if taken inwardly, are good against surfeits; where the meadows are green all the year long, and where they might lie down safely >

There is a rest that is active and a 'taking hold of the finished work of Christ.
"His Rest "
And there is passive rest, where one is not actively moving forward any more, but stagnant and content with where they are.
And, Christian fell asleep........

Be blessed.....H

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay...no problem.

But please do ask the Lord about it first before you just settle in your contentment.
Just remember that in Pilgrims Progress ..Christian got himself into trouble when he decided to go and take his rest in the meadow.
< I saw now, that they went on till they came to the river that was on this side of the Delectable Mountains; to the river where the fine trees grow on both sides, and whose leaves, if taken inwardly, are good against surfeits; where the meadows are green all the year long, and where they might lie down safely >

There is a rest that is active and a 'taking hold of the finished work of Christ.
"His Rest "
And there is passive rest, where one is not actively moving forward any more, but stagnant and content with where they are.
And, Christian fell asleep........

Be blessed.....H
there is a lot of waiting in God . remember Jesus 40 days in the desert, Moses 40 years, the Israelite 40 years, Noah 40 days in the ark, Everyone wants to run before they can barely crawl, everything is in His time. patients

Jas_5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Gal_5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

Reactions: Philip James