rev 17 the great whore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will show you the judgment of the great harlot: Her judgment is assured at the outset. There is never any doubt regarding the fate – and ultimate failure – of Babylon. . while she will be part of it.. but we are dealing with commercial rome and spiritual her bit back ground info of Babylon
" this is part of my source "
As a religious system, Babylon came into being long before Christianity, but in Satanic imitation it anticipated the coming true Messiah. According to religious history and legend, the Babylonian religion was founded by the wife of Nimrod (a great-grandson of Noah), named Semiramis. She was a high priestess of idol worship, and she gave birth to a son who she claimed was conceived miraculously. The son, named Tammuz, was considered a savior. Many ancient artifacts remain with the familiar motif of the mother Semiramis holding the savior-infant Tammuz, which predate Christianity. It was also said that Tammuz was killed by a wild beast and then miraculously brought back to life. Baal was the local, Canaanite name for the Babylonian Tammuz.

ii. The Bible makes specific mention of some of the features of the classic religion of Babylon:

· Ezekiel protests against the ceremony of weeping for Tammuz (Ezekiel 8:14)

· Jeremiah mentions the heathen practice of making cakes for the queen of heaven (Jeremiah 7:18) and offering incense to the queen of heaven (Jeremiah 44:17-19, 44:25) it goes back to the curse of noah in chapter 9 of gen
much of this has filtered down through the ages. personally i see the great whore as more than one source . i know we have the hill /mountains . it could even be commercial and spiritual . jay vernon mcgee sees this being took down at two seperate times . paul wrote in Thess that the mystery of iniquity is all ready at work . the spirit of antichrist is alive and well. we are dealing with a spirit . this is why paul wrote in eph 6:12 where our spiritual warfare comes from .