Revival is the Baptism By fire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are children spiritually, and the "meat of the word" is about being rewarded for enduring persecution and affliction.

The meat of the word is for those who act on what they learn, I think.

Hebrews 5:12-14 KJV
12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

We mature when we use what we learn.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I say church, I mean the body of born again children of God, not including those who are not reborn. The kinds of attitudes and behaviors I see on forums I don't find very representative of the Christians I know IRL.

That's because most Christians in church aren't spending much time debating with others about what they believe. They are mostly sitting under teaching and not discussing their own views, because that's how church is done now; one man monologue with no interruptions or interaction. That's not the way they conducted services in New Testament times.
But I've prayed for you, and when you are converted, help the others, Jesus told Him. Peter had this wrong idea about himself, but Jesus didn't get it wrong, and knew exactly what Peter was going to do, and what God Himself would do for Peter to restore his confidence in Jesus.

Are we able to have confidence in Jesus even when we don't in ourselves? This is the best place to be, imo. All confidence in the Spirit, and none in the flesh. But fully confident in the Spirit.

Of course, but it doesn't negate the fact that one must be ready before the enemy sifts him like wheat. Gold is purified in the fires, but not everyone can "take the heat." For those who can't, God doesn't throw them in there anyway just to see how things go.
The meat of the word is for those who act on what they learn, I think.

Hebrews 5:12-14 KJV
12) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
13) For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14) But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

We mature when we use what we learn.

Too long a teaching. It's about resisting unto blood.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, but it doesn't negate the fact that one must be ready before the enemy sifts him like wheat. Gold is purified in the fires, but not everyone can "take the heat." For those who can't, God doesn't throw them in there anyway just to see how things go.
This sounds like getting back to the topic.

:)

Do you think the fires of affliction are more to prove to us what's real about God, and ourselves, rather than proving to God what's real about us?

1 Peter 1:6-8 KJV
6) Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7) That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8) Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

You know the Greek . . . you know what this is saying. The proving of your faith is accomplished by testings. Proving to whom?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because most Christians in church aren't spending much time debating with others about what they believe. They are mostly sitting under teaching and not discussing their own views, because that's how church is done now; one man monologue with no interruptions or interaction. That's not the way they conducted services in New Testament times.
I find serving alongside others to be much more significant than online debates. If all your church does is have a teaching meeting and that's it, then I think that's a little short on substance. We are servants, not sponges.

Can I share a secret? I think a great many of these debates are utterly meaningless, and completely misguided. The reason I think that, it's been my experience, you can ask someone what they think, you can debate over Scriptures until the cows come home, but when the real life situation arises, and suddenly it's not talking, it's doing, the Holy Spirit acts through us, and does what is good and right, and we see what that is, and recognize it, and suddenly our heads are screwed on a little straighter.

And where we once saw something we knew as purely doctrine, head knowledge, it becomes who we are, because the Holy Spirit has lived it through us.

If your church does more than teaching meetings, and you aren't participating, I'd suggest prayerfully submitting to God to see what He wants. You in general. Not you. I don't know what your involvement is, I don't assume you do nothing.

Much love!

Reactions: Ezra

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know the Greek . . . you know what this is saying. The proving of your faith is accomplished by testings. Proving to whom?

Everyone, including the enemy.

3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters... among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is just, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. (2 Thessalonians 1:3-5)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone, including the enemy.

3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters... among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is just, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. (2 Thessalonians 1:3-5)
Not everyone, Not God Himself. There's no experimentation, not "finding out", only God's predetermined plan for making you like Jesus. Predestined.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gold is purified in the fires, but not everyone can "take the heat." For those who can't, God doesn't throw them in there anyway just to see how things go.
God knows how fast and how far He will be able to bring us during our lives. Just because we see it unwinding day by day, He already has the full blueprint for our lives.

How does that go? In quietness and trust is our strength?

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find serving alongside others to be much more significant than online debates. If all your church does is have a teaching meeting and that's it, then I think that's a little short on substance. We are servants, not sponges.

Meh... yes and no. Churches need to be trained in the scriptures if they would be of much effect in the world (no sword, no threat to the enemy). That, and they need to be clothed in the Spirit of God to evangelize with conviction and power.

The way I see it, church should be a safe zone to receive education and strengthening in the things of God; they shouldn't hide from discussing the word together however, but there should be leadership in place to keep people from getting into strife, training them to let the Spirit be the arbitrator and keep the peace (Colossians 3:15). Forums have no such leaders. Sometimes mods can run a tight ship (depending on the forum), but you still have people coming from wildly different denominational backgrounds, which makes keeping the peace that much harder.

I just look for forums where there's good leadership in place and a higher level of maturity among the membership (usually equivalent to age). When you have those two things, it will be about as good as one can expect, under the circumstances.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds a little Calvinist : )
It's not.

Romans 8:27-30 KJV
27) And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

We're on a track. God is in control. The Holy Spirit prays for us according to God's will, and everything works together for our good. And htat good is that we are being conformed to the image of Jesus to be suitable family for God. And this being conformed is predestined, prohoridzo, like living life between concrete barricades, we can only go where that lane leads. We can go faster or slower, but, predestined.

Much love!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not.

Romans 8:27-30 KJV
27) And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28) And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29) For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

We're on a track. God is in control. The Holy Spirit prays for us according to God's will, and everything works together for our good. And htat good is that we are being conformed to the image of Jesus to be suitable family for God. And this being conformed is predestined, prohoridzo, like living life between concrete barricades, we can only go where that lane leads. We can go faster or slower, but, predestined.

Much love!

I like this post. :)

I could nitpick it a little, but it's too good to be messing with the fine print, so I'll leave it alone.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes mods can run a tight ship (depending on the forum), but you still have people coming from wildly different denominational backgrounds, which makes keeping the peace that much harder.
It can be done, and even with people of very different views. I'm on a forum with a very divergent group, but over the years as we've not allowed abuses, many have left. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't want to participate if they aren't allowed to misbehave. But those who have remained, we can discuss whatever we want, and it's OK, and we've been together for years.

I think forums can be nice, or active.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can be done, and even with people of very different views. I'm on a forum with a very divergent group, but over the years as we've not allowed abuses, many have left. It seems that there are a lot of people who don't want to participate if they aren't allowed to misbehave. But those who have remained, we can discuss whatever we want, and it's OK, and we've been together for years.

Worthy?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Infant baptism?
Blessings in Christ Jesus
I was baptized as an infant. Some say infant baptism, and some say baptize them when they are able to understand. This can be point of contention, when there ought not to be one, as The Lord says "bring them all to me." At the beginning of my journey I was shown my life. And there were certain points where I could hear His voice and yet I still walked in darkness. Perhaps it was the infant baptism. So that you may know, I am not Catholic, nor am I protestant, I am simply His. And I simply believe His words.