DURING THE STORMS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As the fierce storm battered us, it howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a classical CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices. My ‘house’ is built on Rock not sand. These other scriptures came to mind.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1Peter 5:8

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

@Nancy @Helen @Rita @Heart2Soul @Wynona @Ferris Bueller

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the fierce storm battered us, it howled and whistled through keyholes and any other little gaps it could find. But I put the heating up and a classical CD on and just sat on my sofa in the calm atmosphere of inside and watched it. Sitting there with all that fierce weather going on outside I thought that it was a good representation of us as Christians who live in the tempestuous world but are not of it.

The storm was so fierce and close – just on the other side of the window but those thin transparent sheets of glass protected me from it. It was so noisy but was drowned out by the music I chose to listen to. Being in Jesus protects me from the storms of life and listening to his voice drowns out the other voices. My ‘house’ is built on rock not sand. These other scriptures came to mind.

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1Peter 5:8

He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. Luke 8:24

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

@Nancy @Helen @Rita @Heart2Soul @Wynona @Ferris Bueller
Good analogy Pearl,
I often enjoy a good winter storm while being holed up in my house. There is a safety kind of feeling knowing He has His protection over us. The snow muffles noise and you can sometimes hear a pin drop. It is a cozy safe and warm experience!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good analogy Pearl,
I often enjoy a good winter storm while being holed up in my house. There is a safety kind of feeling knowing He has His protection over us. The snow muffles noise and you can sometimes hear a pin drop. It is a cozy safe and warm experience!
Whilst a rain storm is usually loud a snow storm is the very opposite, so quite and still even when the flakes are swirling around. Inside it feels lovely and peaceful but it would be a very different story outside. And sometimes the nasties in the world can be like a snowstorm and just lull us into false sense of security.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whilst a rain storm is usually loud a snow storm is the very opposite, so quite and still even when the flakes are swirling around. Inside it feels lovely and peaceful but it would be a very different story outside. And sometimes the nasties in the world can be like a snowstorm and just lull us into false sense of security.
Yes, indeed...another good one out the ball park! The thunder and lightning and wind storms can also be comforting while inside, I love a good storm but my dogs don't :eek: