Scripture Study of The Immortal Soul (Spirit of Man/Woman)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even though you have quoted a bunch of Scriptures, you are holding to a false doctrine. No surprise.

If you look back over your posts it's also no surprise they are like the chaff in Psalm 1 which "comes to nothing"...never any substance to your posts. It's possible i am not the first to inform you of that?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While the term "immortal" has been connected to souls and spirits, the correct term is "imperishable" or "eternal". Souls are indeed imperishable, and at present there are only two destinations after death -- Heaven or Hades. And they are very much alive. All the saints (OT and NT saints who have passed on) are alive in Heaven.

However "mortality" and "immortality" apply only to the human body. Thus "mortality rates" are published for deaths. Human beings are mortal until the two resurrections (one for eternal life and one for eternal damnation). Then the bodies become immortal (cannot die).

No Bible references at all - very safe!
Immortal soul is nowhere found in the Bible - no, not one text!
"A soul the sins dies" - kinda puts that theory to bed. Ezekiel 18:20

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While the term "immortal" has been connected to souls and spirits, the correct term is "imperishable" or "eternal". Souls are indeed imperishable, and at present there are only two destinations after death -- Heaven or Hades. And they are very much alive. All the saints (OT and NT saints who have passed on) are alive in Heaven.

However "mortality" and "immortality" apply only to the human body. Thus "mortality rates" are published for deaths. Human beings are mortal until the two resurrections (one for eternal life and one for eternal damnation). Then the bodies become immortal (cannot die).

Okay thank you for sharing, Enonch111.

Can I ask you to share with me what that means when you die? Will you have a new body like we have now or will it be a spiritual body?

Just curious, thank you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I ask you to share with me what that means when you die?
This is a good question. The Biblical witness is inconsistent about this, but that's the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about.

Most of the OT references to Sheol (LXX Hades) describe it as the unknown place to which all go and from which none return, a place devoid of consciousness. The most well-known:

For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in Sheol who shall give thee thanks? (Psalms 6:5)

Paul often refers to the state between Death and Resurrection as "sleep"; notably 1 Corinthians 15:51, 1 Thessalonians 4:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:10. 2 Corinthians 5:8 is a notable exception, To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Jesus also used "sleep" as a metaphor for death; see John 11:11-14. However, Jesus's Parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man assumes not only consciousness in Hades, but also reward or punishment based on our deeds in this life. It may only be a parable, but I tend to take Jesus as the final authority.

Note that this takes place between Death and Resurrection. Moral accountability is a principle that is taught throughout the Bible. Very sobering indeed.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano, that doesn’t really speak to me about what you believe in your heart. Sure the scriptures are great to reference and learn from when properly divided. Would like to share what is you believe personally?

You know it doesn’t matter what you may present but would you be willingly to share it with me openly?

What do you believe happens to you after you die?

I would do the same to others if they simply asked me.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano, that doesn’t really speak to me about what you believe in your heart. Sure the scriptures are great to reference and learn from when properly divided. Would like to share what is you believe personally?
It means, I don't know, and I'll worry about it when I get there. :D

I do know I am scheduled to have a conversation with Jesus about the moral choices I've made in this life.

I do believe God will redeem Creation and will come down here to live with us

I do not believe all who ever lived will be permitted to live in the new Creation with Jesus.

I do not believe God will keep those not permitted into the new Creation to remain alive just to be forever tortured.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright Lambano, thank you for sharing so openly with me.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay thank you for sharing, Enonch111.

Can I ask you to share with me what that means when you die? Will you have a new body like we have now or will it be a spiritual body?

Just curious, thank you.
is the "spiritual " body in the resurrection tangible or intangible, physical or non physical ?

just curious, thank you

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me what Paul states is clear,

• So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
  • It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory.
  • It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
  • It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
  • And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”

• The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.

• As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.

• And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.”
  • ‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:42-49‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me what Paul states is clear,

• So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
  • It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory.
  • It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
  • It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
  • And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.”

• The last Adam became a life-giving spirit. However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.

• As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.

• And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.”
  • ‭‭I Corinthians‬ ‭15:42-49‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
That doesn’t answer my question. I’m asking what that actually means to you .

Is the resurrection body physical or non physical?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this should give you a clue Matthew below in James 2:26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also

Now tie that in with the Resurrection and 1 Corinthians 15 and 2 Corinthians 5:1-5

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared what is believed by Paul. There is natural body, and there is a spiritual body. What a spiritual body looks like and feels like, I don’t know but it is spiritual according to Paul, @Christophany just going by what Paul shared, with the Corinthians in his first letter.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shared what is believed by Paul. There is natural body, and there is a spiritual body. What a spiritual body looks like and feels like, I don’t know but it is spiritual according to Paul, @Christophany just going by what Paul shared, with the Corinthians in his first letter.
You avoided tge question again . Let’s try again is the resurrection body physical? Yes or no

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t you believe Paul? Jesus came back resurrected in his body, also returned in the body he left in. However Paul suggest we will become spiritual bodies.

What do you believe?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They Apostles and those waiting for Jesus to return had to see something psychical because they couldn’t see spiritual things.

So I believe Paul and what he says about there being the natural body, and then the spiritual body. In heaven I don’t believe we will have a psychical body, but a spiritual one made in the image of heavenly Man, @Christophany.

For the Body of Jesus it has been glorified, and he is the one who sits on the throne with hands to grab things, but I don’t believe it will be so for us personally you may disagree though.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They Apostles and those waiting for Jesus to return had to see something psychical because they couldn’t see spiritual things.

So I believe Paul and what he says about there being the natural body, and then the spiritual body. In heaven I don’t believe we will have a psychical body, but a spiritual one made in the image of heavenly Man, @Christophany.

For the Body of Jesus it has been glorified, and he is the one who sits on the throne with hands to grab things, but I don’t believe it will be so for us personally you may disagree though.
So Jesus resurrection body was not real flesh and real bones ?

What happened to His physical body that was dead in the tomb ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said any of those things, so now that you have heard my points, would you like to share yours?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said any of those things, so now that you have heard my points, would you like to share yours?
I will after you answer if Jesus body was real flesh after He was Resurrected and why you think it’s not real flesh now

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stated what I believed here;

I believe we will be spiritual bodies, but that doesn’t mean Jesus doesn’t have his glorified body, with hands to grab things who sits on the throne of his Father as the Lord God Almighty @Christophany .