Seeking to hear from the Lord - what's it like for me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am committed to trying to get people to listen to the Lord Jesus Christ, by actually seeking to hear from Him!!

There are reasons I am committed to doing that:

The first reason is that He actually tells me to do that - and I can't think I should call Him my Lord and not put some effort into doing what He asks.

Yet even if He didn't ask me, I would still want to do it because He is good!! So I figure if only people would listen to Him more they would be better people!! That applies to me too! Because I listen to Him I am a better person than before I knew Him. That didn't make me perfect, because He can tell me to do something and I can still mess it up - you can count on that. Never-the-less it makes me a better person.

Now the Lord is always with me, and so He regularly corrects me and reproves me. He also often tells me something to do which I would not think to do that helps someone else. These of usually small thing (thought they can be big things) but those small things make you a better person.

From listening to people at church I often get the impression that people often tend to think that if the actually seek the Lord Jesus Christ and what He say, that might wind up making them a worse person!! It seems they fear the devil more than they believe that the Lord our God is good. People - God is good, and if you seek Him He will make you a better person. However if you just lean on your own understanding, you are just trying to put polish on you. Maybe that helps, but it is really just white washing you! It does not really make you a better person. He changes you, if you listen to Him!! And it is for good. It makes you better!

Reactions: Azim