Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know that.

I have to wonder what God thinks of constantly being reminded by sinners who don't believe in him that he promised not to destroy the earth with water...
That was exactly my thinking.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But how would and AI come up with discussion topics, they are usually good at responding but initiating?
They do it in live chat on websites all the time.
It's like they are programmed with responses to coincide with the conversation.
Canned messages I think they call them, or they haad them when I was trucking on the computer system we had.
You would ask a question or they would, and depending upon your reply they would follow up with another.
You know the graph, have you had this, if yes go to question 2, If no, skip to question 8.
It's a canned response.
AI is getting better at it because now it sounds more human. And a lot of times you don't know if your chatting with a human or a bot.
Some people know right away because they been there awhile so they say it's a bot and ignore it.

I was just wondering..
Hugs

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do it in live chat on websites all the time.
It's like they are programmed with responses to coincide with the conversation.
Canned messages I think they call them, or they haad them when I was trucking on the computer system we had.
You would ask a question or they would, and depending upon your reply they would follow up with another.
You know the graph, have you had this, if yes go to question 2, If no, skip to question 8.
It's a canned response.
AI is getting better at it because now it sounds more human. And a lot of times you don't know if your chatting with a human or a bot.
Some people know right away because they been there awhile so they say it's a bot and ignore it.

I was just wondering..
Hugs

That's interesting. I can see what that implies. That if bots are used with canned conversations then of course they will say that their numbers are increased and, tra la la everyone is gay! And that's a lie. The want people to be gay or trans or whatever. so send out 13.9 million bots since there might not even be that many people who are gay. thats how many lbtz's live in the U.S. So those numbers are inflated probably. I don't know anyone who is gay. i don't live in NYC either lol. so i know they are real. there are Trans people, there are drag queens, there are gay, bisexual and on and on we go. so they have to bring the numbers up at least semi realistically so that they keep plausible deniablity. But the more people turn gay are ones who have ulterior motives, like an 18-24 yr old wants to revenge his parents and do something shocking to them. That kid would not have got that idea on his own. so it is actually a government operation to promote going gay and trans and so forth. 9bring the Drag Queens to the kiddie garden!)

(Let's say "IF" right now, lol!) and say, what if the gays that really did get confused from their lies start making public protests (oh that's right, they already have state sponsered rallies and stuff), so what's their next step? violence? you better be gay or we'll kill you?
Now that may sound extreme, but let's consider what scripture says.

Romans 1:18-23
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
22 Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.
23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles..../NLT

Was that what the gay parade was all about? Idols. And these bots (and a few people) literally "suppress the truth by their wickedness" like scripture says. They are, liars. Now maybe they have merely made a poor choice? Are they seeking help? If yes, then help them find the Lord. If not then that creates a YOU HAVE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW moment that can not be avoided. We have to resist evil so it will flee from us.

All that evil needs for it to triumph is for good Brothers and Sisters to say nothing....
Wouldn't that be like the parable of the guy given one talent and so he buried it? He was an unprofitable servant, Yikes! We must say something and stand up to them to counter their lies about God loves homo's, they love God, Christians should love them unconditionally blah blah blah. However, I do think Christians should love them unconditionally, by speaking the real truth to them that they may have an epiphiny moment and understand that, they do need a Savior, and God will certainly love them if they repent of their sins.

But it's hard to do that with a Bot. I'm learning how to talk to a Bot, lol. (I bet he has me on ignore!) Now that I think about it, I bet the ones that play the victim card are mostly Bots. It can report your posts as offensive to them and act like a victim. That sure has picked up in the last couple years too, Wah!! I'm just a harmless Gay who is all alone and want to be with you, wahhhhh.

So maybe we stumbled on to a good strategy? If we can get GayBots to put us on Ignore, they wont see what we write, but visiting guests (who may be seeking to escape being gay?) can still read both sides of the issue and that is not a Talent to be buried! (Profit for the Lord!) Lord...one more. One more.

Scripture does say that in the end times, they will call evil good and good evil.

All brands of evil is sinful, and to buy into it does necessate a supression of the truth. That is why it is so important to counter the gaybots online and tell that bot how absurd what it has written and is also why we Christians can not agree to their doctrine in the least.

I love the NLT. This said it so good that it bears repeating and I'll close with that.

18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

21 Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks. And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like. As a result, their minds became dark and confused.
23 And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles..../NLT

Reactions: Ziggy

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should I use someone’s preferred pronouns if it is not their gender?

Sure, I'd use their preferred pronouns. When I talk to them, I don't mind assuming their definitions for the sake of communication.

Moreover, I thank the tolerant Canadians when they talk to me, and I often misuse "he" for "she" and vice versa. Also, I often drop the plural "s" at the end of a noun. In Cantonese, "he" and "she" have the same pronunciation, and there are no singular or plural nouns. It's all the same :)
Sometimes you don't know what pronoun to use. I had an appointment at a bank, and the person was obviously a man posing as a woman. I let it slip at one point, "You're the man!" and suddenly realized I might have offended. Perhaps I would be thrown in jail for that in some places.

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy and MA2444

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's interesting. I can see what that implies. That if bots are used with canned conversations then of course they will say that their numbers are increased and, tra la la everyone is gay! And that's a lie. The want people to be gay or trans or whatever. so send out 13.9 million bots since there might not even be that many people who are gay. thats how many lbtz's live in the U.S. So those numbers are inflated probably. I don't know anyone who is gay. i don't live in NYC either lol. so i know they are real. there are Trans people, there are drag queens, there are gay, bisexual and on and on we go. so they have to bring the numbers up at least semi realistically so that they keep plausible deniablity. But the more people turn gay are ones who have ulterior motives, like an 18-24 yr old wants to revenge his parents and do something shocking to them. That kid would not have got that idea on his own. so it is actually a government operation to promote going gay and trans and so forth. 9bring the Drag Queens to the kiddie garden!)

(Let's say "IF" right now, lol!) and say, what if the gays that really did get confused from their lies start making public protests (oh that's right, they already have state sponsered rallies and stuff), so what's their next step? violence? you better be gay or we'll kill you?
Now that may sound extreme, but let's consider what scripture says.

Was that what the gay parade was all about? Idols. And these bots (and a few people) literally "suppress the truth by their wickedness" like scripture says. They are, liars. Now maybe they have merely made a poor choice? Are they seeking help? If yes, then help them find the Lord. If not then that creates a YOU HAVE TO LEAVE MY HOUSE RIGHT NOW moment that can not be avoided. We have to resist evil so it will flee from us.

All that evil needs for it to triumph is for good Brothers and Sisters to say nothing....
Wouldn't that be like the parable of the guy given one talent and so he buried it? He was an unprofitable servant, Yikes! We must say something and stand up to them to counter their lies about God loves homo's, they love God, Christians should love them unconditionally blah blah blah. However, I do think Christians should love them unconditionally, by speaking the real truth to them that they may have an epiphiny moment and understand that, they do need a Savior, and God will certainly love them if they repent of their sins.

But it's hard to do that with a Bot. I'm learning how to talk to a Bot, lol. (I bet he has me on ignore!) Now that I think about it, I bet the ones that play the victim card are mostly Bots. It can report your posts as offensive to them and act like a victim. That sure has picked up in the last couple years too, Wah!! I'm just a harmless Gay who is all alone and want to be with you, wahhhhh.

So maybe we stumbled on to a good strategy? If we can get GayBots to put us on Ignore, they wont see what we write, but visiting guests (who may be seeking to escape being gay?) can still read both sides of the issue and that is not a Talent to be buried! (Profit for the Lord!) Lord...one more. One more.

Scripture does say that in the end times, they will call evil good and good evil.

All brands of evil is sinful, and to buy into it does necessate a supression of the truth. That is why it is so important to counter the gaybots online and tell that bot how absurd what it has written and is also why we Christians can not agree to their doctrine in the least.

I love the NLT. This said it so good that it bears repeating and I'll close with that.

It's not only words though, They now have technology that can produce human looking people and put them on tv or in the media.
What you see on tv today, some is real, some is not. Sometimes you can tell because there is a "glitch" in the system.
Like their face will be blurry or look pixeled. And we think oh, it's just the sattelite or the cable wire, but what it can be is a false image of something or someone. They are called Deep Fakes.

Hugs

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please focus. This is the question: Do you want to communicate with these people about Jesus?

This is the 2nd time I have asked.
I feel like your view of this is two things

1. You're from Canada.

2. You're afraid to speak for God and depend on yourself, and not God. Which means that, in a sense, you are afraid to trust God which means you're afraid to humble yourself before him and let Him work.

So the only way, in your view, is to pet the lie and feed it a little, so you can get close and take it in and "fix" it.

But how long before it bites you?

So that... could potentially work, but only by encouraging their sin and denying God's wisdom and his plan for creation.

If I caught a fish with rat poison, I wouldn't consider myself a good fisherman.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you familiar with the axiomatic approach of argumentation? See A Disciplined Probabilistic Approach to Biblical Hermeneutics.
I read over it and I'm going to be honest. I'm not a scholar and I don't feel the need to pretend to. It's also not necessary. Jesus was pretty straightforward. The gospel is for everyone.

Mental gymnastics and overwhelm aren't going to save most people out there.

God is looking for obedience. People are looking for a way around it.

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent.”

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read over it and I'm going to be honest. I'm not a scholar and I don't feel the need to pretend to. It's also not necessary. Jesus was pretty straightforward. The gospel is for everyone.

"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and frustrate the intelligence of the intelligent.”
the mental gymnastic always makes very cloudy that which is very simple . They do so
in order to JUSTIFY why they do rather than simply obeying what is written .
Men make very confusing that which is very simple quite often .
JESUS never said lest ye become as mental giants and great greek schloars ye shall in no way
enter into the KINGDOM .
NO , He said LEST YE BECOME as small children . little children . Any lil child would simply trust
and obey what GOD said , CHRIST said , the apostels said . ITS WORLD WISE men
who do as they do to always twist that which is simple in order to confuse the people and to justify an angenda .
Just keeping it simple and real . Men will do and men will teach and twist whatever gets in the way of whaterver they
desire . But lambs , THEY JUST HEED N OBEY the words of the LORD . KNOWING HE ALWAYS KNOWS what is best for us .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel like your view of this is two things

1. You're from Canada.

2. You're afraid to speak for God and depend on yourself, and not God. Which means that, in a sense, you are afraid to trust God which means you're afraid to humble yourself before him and let Him work.

So the only way, in your view, is to pet the lie and feed it a little, so you can get close and take it in and "fix" it.

But how long before it bites you?

So that... could potentially work, but only by encouraging their sin and denying God's wisdom and his plan for creation.

If I caught a fish with rat poison, I wouldn't consider myself a good fisherman.
That is why i refused to heed the seeker friendly ways of men .
You see if we fish with wordly poisoned bait , its true we might catch many fish
but they will die soon after and let none eat of that meat .
YOU cant win the world by pandering to the world . ALL you have won is many souls to another jesus who cannot save .
all we have given them is another image of God and of Christ that has been molded and shaped into what the world desires
to see and to believe as GOD . only IT WONT BE SAVING ANYONE . We gotta just speak and live truth by the power
of the SPIRIT . Reproving the works of darknes , never complying to it or its ways and its people .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

SPOT On right dear sister . GOD is LOOKING for obediance , its people who are looking for a way around it .
That is why they do as they do . either through fear , or some lust .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Have you talked to some trans people?
I have . and the few i did talk too were wearing crosses , even claiming to believe in and to know JESUS .
jusitfying their own desires . claiming if GOD had wanted them to be the sex they were born
then WHY DID GOD put it into their minds to be the sex they were not born .
Even saying GOD dont make mistakes .
Well to that i say its true GOD does not make mistakes
SO WHY DO YE BELEIVE HE CREATED YOU the WRONG SEX TO BEGIN WITH .
OH the devil can lie to kids too mr TONY CHAN YT . HE will try and covince the children
ye are not the sex ye were born . But , HEED HIM NOT nor allow them children to believe his lie .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the mental gymnastic always makes very cloudy that which is very simple . They do so
in order to JUSTIFY why they do rather than simply obeying what is written .
I have seen the same thing happen in occultic groups.
Right. Have you talked to some trans people?
I wasn't a good witness to a member of the LGBTQ group. I was on the cater to your feelings side. Yeah, I made let her feel comfortable, but she passed away without being saved.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have seen the same thing happen in occultic groups.

I wasn't a good witness to a member of the LGBTQ group. I was on the cater to your feelings side. Yeah, I made let her feel comfortable, but she passed away without being saved.
I don't know if we really know what they are saying in their own hearts.
I think we think we are their saviors, but it's not about us.
There is always a possibility that ANYONE can ask Jesus, am I wrong? Am I right? Will you still love me? Will you forgive me?
What really matters to you? Is it my color, me gender, my nationality? Or is it what's in my heart?

It is possible that that person reconciled herself with her savior in her own heart before she passed away.
It's not for us to know. It's up to God to know.

I just posted a video with Vivek Rammaswamy giving a transgender an opportunity to debate their standing.
And Vivek his ooportunity for rebuttal. And I thought it was a very good debate.
If we could just be civil and speak the truth and be gentle and kind, we just might be able to help us all come through this.

We all have questions. There not all the same questions. We don''t all have the answers.
But we should try to at least face the truth together, no matter how uncomfortable it may be.
The only freedom we have is in truth itself.
And Jesus is that Truth.

Hugs

Reactions: DuckieLady

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We send our children to school. The child comes home with a note from the nurse.
Johnny/Sally is acting up in class. We need to modify their actions by working with the pharmeceutical companies, and give them uppers and downers until we decide what is acceptable behavior.
And the parents trust the teachers and the doctors and the government to raise their kids according to how they believe they should be raised.
We have no one to blame but ourselves for allowing the so-called experts to destroy our children.
What we see today is our neglect to take responsibilty for our own children, in many different ways.
Divorce, Abuse, Neglect, Tyrrany, Passivity, confusion in our own family.
The children are a mirror of our own doing.

We should stop blaming them and look in the mirror.
How are we going to help them?
Not the teacher, not the doctor, not the government. But the parents. It starts and ends there.

Hugs