Simple prophecy: Churches gonna be hot, churches gonna be cold (which is yours?) Discuss!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there!

So from a simple reading of Jesus' prompting, that He will spew out the lukewarm, we can deduce that Churches in future, are going to be either hot or cold. This makes sense, because we are able to plan around our expectation of one or the other. Not half-hearted plans, but plans that truly grasp the intensity of their relationship with Christ. This is interesting, because if we commit for life (at the very least the good life - 70 years) we are able to interpret other things in our life, from the hot or cold perspective. There is power in this, the hotter or colder we get, because our lives start to work around, what our attitude to things in life have become.

The Devil is lukewarm, to put it bluntly. We have a reason to resist him in a hot or cold way. Thus our way will be brought to mind, as we struggle to settle with the Devil on the way. Ultimately he will not have the strength to do both and will flee (as the Bible promises he will do, if we resist him). In turn, this means we can help other people who settle for being lukewarm, by prompting them in the way that Jesus did. It may take a number of prompts, but if our focus is unwavering in life (at least becoming more unwavering) then ultimately the difference we have set out will have an effect. In principle we will be saved together.

The gifts of the Spirit then (the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control - letters) have hot and cold expressions. You can have hot love and cold love; hot joy and cold joy; and so on and so forth. The power of this, is that the truth of Christ's prompting, comes to be real to you, to have a real effect. Sometimes Jesus will be hot in response to a particular thing, at other times hot in general; or cold in response to a particular thing and gradually more and more cold. This is the effect of dealing with principalities and powers, as they are to Jesus. Jesus empowers us, to endure the heat to get to the cold, and to magnify the cold when the cold is cold - if you want to embrace the things of the spirit in a cold way (as I do). Heat can get hot, but only as much as there is fuel (that is why I prefer cold).

So tap in to this power, and make up your mind, whether you are hot or cold, whether your Church is hot or cold. You can do this! You will start to realise that Jesus meant what He said and why. It will save you, not to try to be hot for people that are lukewarm, not to try to be cold in a way that only becomes heat. It will make sense, it will come together, and it will last for the good life, if you believe it (the good life especially, 70 years, in a hot or cold way) - trust God to give you cold, or if not cold then hot. Things in your life will grow weak and die, but your faith will flourish - so you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you (Paul, from memory).

I hope you commit to hot or cold, today!

God bless.

Reactions: David in NJ

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been to alot of Church's over the years. Face it, some Christians are boring, born again, just not out spoken. Put them in the same Church and it appears lukewarm, but its not. Others are excitement, they are dancing and waving flags. But these are cold ones, its like a gym class, back in the day ( when gym was a class);they are having fun. The Hot ones have a very good preacher, who speaks the truth of the Gospel and makes the Holy Spirit inside you say "Amen", The choir sings Hymns and not the latest top 40 Christian songs, and the Church does not let the world into the sanctuary.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the thing is, you want cold churches to invite cold people, and hot churches to invite hot people.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but Jesus isn't saying "choose between hot and sin"?

Jesus says "choose between hot and cold"!
My apologies, I guess I forgot to quote this from you:

Gottservant said:
"What would you say makes a Church colder? (I'm just curious?)"

I then gave you : “And,” Jesus said, “
because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold

This was including Christians, those with a false love will become uncaring, cold and even rude.
Hope that clarifies it for you.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My apologies, I guess I forgot to quote this from you:

Gottservant said:
"What would you say makes a Church colder? (I'm just curious?)"

I then gave you : “And,” Jesus said, “
because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold

This was including Christians, those with a false love will become uncaring, cold and even rude.
Hope that clarifies it for you.
I understand that you get this perspective from the scriptures, but the choice between 'hot and cold' is not a choice between 'hot' and 'lawlessness'.

To be spiritually cold, is welcome, as far as Jesus is concerned - if only because it is better than being lukewarm.

I'm not sure how to make it clear to you, perhaps the Holy Spirit will open your eyes? Let me know if He does, I'm curious as to what He would say.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know why people are not responding to this thread: do you know what kind of Church you have? Why not tell everyone?

My Church is cold.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Devil knows the Church that is lukewarm is easy prey - that's why the Churches now and those to come are always going to prefer hot or cold.

We are told to develop the gift of prophecty, so this particular prophecy is a good one to adopt.

I'm not saying a Church can't change (from hot to cold or cold to hot), but its not likely!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blind leaders of the blind.

That's what happens brethren when one believes just any thought or idea that pops into their minds.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been to alot of Church's over the years. Face it, some Christians are boring, born again, just not out spoken. Put them in the same Church and it appears lukewarm, but its not. Others are excitement, they are dancing and waving flags. But these are cold ones, its like a gym class, back in the day ( when gym was a class);they are having fun. The Hot ones have a very good preacher, who speaks the truth of the Gospel and makes the Holy Spirit inside you say "Amen", The choir sings Hymns and not the latest top 40 Christian songs, and the Church does not let the world into the sanctuary.
Parable of the Soils in Matthew 13?

Some produce fruit some do not.

Reactions: Gottservant

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think whether hot or cold, it should be good to anticipate just how extreme either can get.

What is a truly cold church? Are there ways to keep cold cold? What is the coldest Church - how should cold Churches model themselves on that?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From discerning between hot and cold churches, you can move on to hot and cold interpretation of prophecies of the world.

You don't need to prophecy everything that happens to the world, just the hot or cold things.

This is what God wants, that He have Children that exercise their gift in keeping with the Faith of the Church (hot or cold).