• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together [b]with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

It cost Christ to come to earth and be humbled, HE had to give up many things and trust only in His Father.
But then He gained so much more, and was exalted in the sight of all and God gave to Him all authority in heaven and on earth.
I think you missed the word "became" - it means he became something he was not previously.

Here is the basis of his existence and Sonship

Although He was a Son, He learned obedience from the things which He suffered. 9 And having been made perfect, He became to all those who obey Him the source of eternal salvation. Hebrews 5:8-9

Here being "made perfect" means "learning obedience" through suffering.

Something God cannot be or do in any shape or form!

The Uncreated cannot learn, become, or be perfected - only the created such as Christ and us can do this!

F2F

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always seen it as this @face2face,

When it comes to the birth of Christ in the most general sense my belief is this:

God was in the beginning. God spoke through His Word that had the power to create. God though he is Spirit, has a Holy Spirit which is of God. God sent his Word - that which was named in the flesh Jesus, he second named was Immanuel which meant "God with us".

How is this possible? For the Word to be named in the flesh Jesus, and his second name Immanuel which means "God with us". Considering God created us with a Soul. I believe it was the Word of God's soul inside that body of flesh. The Word of God, always had his thoughts on what God says, as it is the Word of God an attached attribute, that was sent down in which the Virgin Mary was carrying the one whom was born by the Holy Spirit, and by the Flesh - Jesus.

Considering what Jesus said in John 14; He talks about Him and his Father being one. How is that possible? It is because Jesus is the Word - that was in the beginning with God made flesh - who now was born, having the Holy Spirit of God with Him, His Father, Yahweh who was in Heaven but also with Him by the Holy Spirit... being the very word of God.

So the conclusion for me is that Jesus, was the Word of God that was God - which was with them in that century. It is also said that when Jesus and the Father are one, they become known as the Lord God Almighty.

That is the way I look at these things when it comes to the make of Jesus, because he was never Jesus in the beginning and God did not talk to his Son, he talked to the Angels.

God decided to make creations that were similar like to the abilities they had. Such as choice to obey God or to choose to rebel, freely by your own independent will. That is what happened with Satan who decide he rather have the earth than be in heaven only to end up in the lake of fire forever along with his angels.

A Soul - God has, a mind, will, emotions - so did the Angels, - thus so does Man/Woman - They have a mind, will, emotions and that is known as our Soul. And many people believe this Soul never goes on and instead dies. From what I believe all Souls are raised again, faithful, and faithless due to God through Christ reconciling himself to the World.

An amazing truly, graceful, truthful, no darkness with-in God we do serve who is Good, and Love.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

When it comes to the birth of Christ in the most general sense my belief is this:

God was in the beginning. God spoke through His Word that had the power to create. God though he is Spirit, has a Holy Spirit which is of God. God sent his Word - that which was named in the flesh Jesus, he second named was Immanuel which meant "God with us".

How is this possible? For the Word to be named in the flesh Jesus, and his second name Immanuel which means "God with us". Considering God created us with a Soul. I believe it was the Word of God's soul inside that body of flesh. The Word of God, always had his thoughts on what God says, as it is the Word of God an attached attribute, that was sent down in which the Virgin Mary was carrying the one whom was born by the Holy Spirit, and by the Flesh - Jesus.

Considering what Jesus said in John 14; He talks about Him and his Father being one. How is that possible? It is because Jesus is the Word - that was in the beginning with God made flesh - who now was born, having the Holy Spirit of God with Him, His Father, Yahweh who was in Heaven but also with Him by the Holy Spirit... being the very word of God.

So the conclusion for me is that Jesus, was the Word of God that was God - which was with them in that century. It is also said that when Jesus and the Father are one, they become known as the Lord God Almighty.

That is the way I look at these things when it comes to the make of Jesus, because he was never Jesus in the beginning and God did not talk to his Son, he talked to the Angels.

God decided to make creations that were similar like to the abilities they had. Such as choice to obey God or to choose to rebel, freely by your own independent will. That is what happened with Satan who decide he rather have the earth than be in heaven only to end up in the lake of fire forever along with his angels.

A Soul - God has, a mind, will, emotions - so did the Angels, - thus so does Man/Woman - They have a mind, will, emotions and that is known as our Soul. And many people believe this Soul never goes on and instead dies. From what I believe all Souls are raised again, faithful, and faithless due to God through Christ reconciling himself to the World.

An amazing truly, graceful, truthful, no darkness with-in God we do serve who is Good, and Love.
Nice read MattG
If you understand that Jesus Christ is a physical and spiritual creation you are eons ahead of most Christians in this forum. God has revealed this things to you and you were humble enough to receive them. God be praised!

Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 1 Corinthians 15:46, NASB: However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

If only they (Christians) understand God does not change and the way He communicates and acts doesn't either.

F2F

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what has been stated in the Bible, Yeshua is known as the Word of God that was sent down from heaven. That is how I believe. Eventually though Yeshua has became the Lord God Almighty.

However many people have many differently takes and stand on simplicity of the matters such as blanketed statements like “Jesus is God” or whatever it really has no defining of how that is other than just the statement itself.

Either way it goes this thread is about the amazing work Christ has done for all human beings.

Thank you for taking time to comment and reach out.
How can someone BECOME God? Jesus was ALWAYS God.
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

Reactions: ChristisGod

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He died and was raised again in the Body of Christ, and became one with his Father, Revelation 4 has more information on this.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, well I shared this here sir.

Anyway, if you don't believe it or whatever that is not between you and me as you have the ability to choose and think for yourself. There are somethings I do not know, but I share what I do believe, and can have my mind changed when insights come along. These are my only insights. And Revelation 4.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, well I shared this here sir.

Anyway, if you don't believe it or whatever that is not between you and me as you have the ability to choose and think for yourself. There are somethings I do not know, but I share what I do believe, and can have my mind changed when insights come along. These are my only insights. And Revelation 4.
The Bible clearly declares Jesus to be God the Creator. You seem to be challenging the Bible without Scripture. But WHY are you? Is that what your church taught you?

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cheers @Jack brother. I don’t feel like debating or fighting. In Christ, love to you. Have a good night rest, today it’s been hard to sleep. It’s alright though. Gotta just keep going, maybe will catch a nap soon. Gotta go to work.

Reactions: Jack

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He died and was raised again in the Body of Christ, and became one with his Father, Revelation 4 has more information on this.
Correct. One in mind and purpose only.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Son is relational with the Father- Yet the Father/Son are Eternal- see John 17:5- sharing the exact same Glory together before creation as Father/Son- the Co-Creators as per Genesis 1, John 1, Hebrews 1:1-10, Colossians 1, 1 Corinthians 8:6

hope this helps !!!
Odd you'd mention 1 Cor 8:6 where it says quite clearly that only the Father is God. Jesus himself said the same in John 17:3.

Those verses are a lot clearer than, "Son is relational with the Father, yet the Father/Son are Eternal." What does that even mean?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Odd you'd mention 1 Cor 8:6 where it says quite clearly that only the Father is God. Jesus himself said the same in John 17:3.

Those verses are a lot clearer than, "Son is relational with the Father, yet the Father/Son are Eternal." What does that even mean?
odd that you ignored they are both Co-Creators in the passage.

hmmmmmm

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
odd that you ignored they are both Co-Creators in the passage.

hmmmmmm
Which verses are you talking about? I'll be glad to show how they can be taken in a non-trinity way and thus agree with the clear declarations of both Paul and Jesus that only the Father is God.

If, on the other hand, Jesus is God, I would hope you could show how 1 Cor 8:6 and John 17:3 say that the son and not just the Father is God. As you correctly inferred, we can't ignore any of God's word. That much is certain.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps there will be just unsolved questions until death, perhaps people can figure out the answers later on in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Reactions: Rich R

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps there will be just unsolved questions until death, perhaps people can figure out the answers later on in the Kingdom of Heaven.
Yes! One of my favorite verses:

1 Cor 13:12,

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.​

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one has the absolute facts, but there are things that stimulate and though through the Bible.

Have you ever read Revelation 4-5, @Rich R?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verses are you talking about? I'll be glad to show how they can be taken in a non-trinity way and thus agree with the clear declarations of both Paul and Jesus that only the Father is God.

If, on the other hand, Jesus is God, I would hope you could show how 1 Cor 8:6 and John 17:3 say that the son and not just the Father is God. As you correctly inferred, we can't ignore any of God's word. That much is certain.
1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist,
and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist.

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady
Status
Not open for further replies.