• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38, is Peter both leading Jews to Jesus and preaching the Old Testament water baptism of John the Baptist.
Acts 2:38 is dealing only with JEWS in Jerusalem. Not one Gentile in the entire situation.
This is all Peter knew at that time and that is why he said what he preached.

Where this become a CULT theology, is when a person is taught to BELIEVE that WATER BAPTISM washes your sin away, and is REQUIRED if you want to be born again.

This is the Catholic CULT.
This is the Jehovah's Witness CULT.
This is the CULT of the "Act 2:38" denominations, and others that do not realize that Jesus called PAUL years after Acts 2:38, and gave to him the "Gospel of the Grace of God" "In the time of the Gentiles"'.... that is not related to Mark 16, or Acts 2:38.
Peter included the Gentiles into the Acts 2:38 message per Acts 10.

He commanded the gentiles to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Acts skippers(satan's messengers) today, command the Gentiles to NOT be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only satan himself would not want someone baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello BreadOfLife,
Can you give scripture where a new testament christian was instructed by the apostles to pray to the dead saints, such as Mary? Or where Jesus during His earthly ministry taught His disciples to pray to the dead? Thanks. btw, I've only read from the sacred Scriptures that we are to pray to God for the living saints, and sinners.
Matthew 5:44,
-But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you

Reactions: Truther

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water has never been taught by Jesus or His appointed apostles as the element that saves.
If you examine the scriptures closely on the subject of Baptism i.e. immersion, you will learn there is an distinction between water and baptism.

Peter never said water saved, Peter taught baptism doth now also save us, 1Peter 3:20-21.
Peter in Acts 2:38 said baptism not water was For the forgiveness of sins.
In Paul's conversion to Christ...Ananias the gospel preacher said to Paul, and why tarriest thou? Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Notice Ananias said baptism in order to wash away thy sins and not water?

Jesus referred to baptism as the element one is baptized into in John 3:5,
-Unless ye be born of water and the Spirit, ye shall not enter the kingdom of God.

Jesus did not mean the water(element) took away ones sins, but the act of obedience to Gods command to be water Baptized as Jesus made clear in His gospel in Mark 16:15-16,
-go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, he that believeth and is Baptized will be saved; he that believeth not will be condemned.

There is a passage where the literal water saved some folks. But again it is a type not the anti-type.
1Peter 3:20
-who were formally disobedient when once the longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is eight souls, were saved by  water

This was physically being saved by water, but the act of obedience that Noah did by building the ark, getting into the ark, was then saved by water physically and by God through his obedience spiritually.

Peter goes on to say that all sinners today are not saved by the element water but by the baptism(antitype) in Jesus' name [by Jesus' authority].

The New testament gospel of Jesus Christ most emphatically declares baptism i.e. immersion in water as essential requirement/condition to receive Gods free gift of grace.
Therefore those who believe in water immersion do not put their faith in the water itself but in what God said in how He chose to save us. True believers have faith in who Christ is and all that He taught.

I have no faith in water, my faith is when God said, Mark 16:16. My faith and my obedience to his commandments is how I know I will be blessed by God by His atoning blood.

Look at the way the gospel shows us how we contact the blood of Christ:

Matthew 26:28
-for this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
-repent and let every one of you be immersed in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38.
It is the blood of Christ that we come in contact with in baptism that washes away our sins NOT the element(water).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water has never been taught by Jesus or His appointed apostles as the element that saves.
If you examine the scriptures closely on the subject of Baptism i.e. immersion, you will learn there is an distinction between water and baptism.

Peter never said water saved, Peter taught baptism doth now also save us, 1Peter 3:20-21.
Peter in Acts 2:38 said baptism not water was For the forgiveness of sins.
In Paul's conversion to Christ...Ananias the gospel preacher said to Paul, and why tarriest thou? Arise and be baptized and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord. Notice Ananias said baptism in order to wash away thy sins and not water?

Jesus referred to baptism as the element one is baptized into in John 3:5,
-Unless ye be born of water and the Spirit, ye shall not enter the kingdom of God.

Jesus did not mean the water(element) took away ones sins, but the act of obedience to Gods command to be water Baptized as Jesus made clear in His gospel in Mark 16:15-16,
-go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature, he that believeth and is Baptized will be saved; he that believeth not will be condemned.

There is a passage where the literal water saved some folks. But again it is a type not the anti-type.
1Peter 3:20
-who were formally disobedient when once the longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is eight souls, were saved by  water

This was physically being saved by water, but the act of obedience that Noah did by building the ark, getting into the ark, was then saved by water physically and by God through his obedience spiritually.

Peter goes on to say that all sinners today are not saved by the element water but by the baptism(antitype) in Jesus' name [by Jesus' authority].

The New testament gospel of Jesus Christ most emphatically declares baptism i.e. immersion in water as essential requirement/condition to receive Gods free gift of grace.
Therefore those who believe in water immersion do not put their faith in the water itself but in what God said in how He chose to save us. True believers have faith in who Christ is and all that He taught.

I have no faith in water, my faith is when God said, Mark 16:16. My faith and my obedience to his commandments is how I know I will be blessed by God by His atoning blood.

Look at the way the gospel shows us how we contact the blood of Christ:

Matthew 26:28
-for this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
-repent and let every one of you be immersed in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins. Acts 2:38.
It is the blood of Christ that we come in contact with in baptism that washes away our sins NOT the element(water).
The water alone is not the saving part.

The name of Jesus spoken, while being immersed in water activates remission of sins.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Subject seems to be talking about baptism, the one baptism people are looking for is the baptism of Jesus Christ, who baptizes believers in the Holy spirit and Fire, John the Baptist said that is the one people should be looking for as well. That is becoming born again, coming to a realization you are made right with God through faith in the one whom God had sent, who was the Word of God made flesh, came down born through Mary, born under the Law, and died for the world's sins, buried for three days in the heart of the earth, and raised again by God on the third day.

He is the one who sends the Holy Ghost, which is from the Father, and also the spirit of Christ, and the Kingdom of God dwells in the believers heart, by faith.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Subject seems to be talking about baptism, the one baptism people are looking for is the baptism of Jesus Christ, who baptizes believers in the Holy spirit and Fire, John the Baptist said that is the one people should be looking for as well. That is becoming born again, coming to a realization you are made right with God through faith in the one whom God had sent, who was the Word of God made flesh, came down born through Mary, born under the Law, and died for the world's sins, buried for three days in the heart of the earth, and raised again by God on the third day.

He is the one who sends the Holy Ghost, which is from the Father, and also the spirit of Christ, and the Kingdom of God dwells in the believers heart, by faith.
The subject is not water baptism. I brought it up because Behold gave a list of beliefs that supposedly false teachers bind. One on the list is water salvation. I just picked that one out to make a point about water salvation vs what the Bible really teaches which is baptism in Jesus' gospel for the forgiveness of sins.

Reactions: MatthewG

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you an omnipresent Spirit since God has no physical image?

Were you made in God's image as Spirit?

Or, were you made in the image of the man Christ Jesus?
God gave us the ability to reason, to love, to hate, to mourn, to show mercy, etc. That is how we are made in the image and likeness of God. We don't LOOK LIKE Him because He is Spirit (John 4:24).

The Son was not incarnate in eternity. There was a time and place in human history where he became flesh and blkood.
Christians understand this.
Lone Rangers like YOU don't.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

No, water baptism as commanded by Jesus and Peter....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave us the ability to reason, to love, to hate, to mourn, to show mercy, etc. That is how we are made in the image and likeness of God. We don't LOOK LIKE Him because He is Spirit (John 4:24).

The Son was not incarnate in eternity. There was a time and place in human history where he became flesh and blkood.
Christians
understand this.
Lone Rangers like YOU don't.
You are made in the image of an omnipresent Spirit of light that is perfect?

And you refuse to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins?

Rather, the first Adam, before he fell, was made in the image of the last Adam.

The last Adam is first.

You are in the image of your father, the first fallen Adam.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, water baptism as commanded by Jesus and Peter....

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ...
Ok

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are made in the image of an omnipresent Spirit of light that is perfect?

And you refuse to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins?

Rather, the first Adam, before he fell, was made in the image of the last Adam.

The last Adam is first.

You are in the image of your father, the first fallen Adam.

More of your ignorance . . .

Gen 1L26-28

Then GOD said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

We are made in the image of GOD – not Adam, who was also mad in the image of God.
Your idiocy in thinking that we must physically resemble God because the Scripture say so is absolute nonsense.

This is what happens when Lone Ranger Bible readers try to interpret the Word of God without His Church . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the simpleton Catholic...

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think the devil is probably pleased with the way this thread has played out.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
coming to a realization you are made right with God through faith in the one whom God had sent, who was the Word of God made flesh, came down born through Mary, born under the Law, and died for the world's sins,

Coming to the realization that : 2 Corinthians 5:19 is TRUE......is the work of the Holy Spirit in the heart of a Believer.

READER......once you see it.........once you SEE that God was in Christ, and has made you righteous before God, by His Blood, = FOREVER, then you have entered the "renewed mind" that Paul teaches you are to exist within as this is the "unity of the faith" that ALL real believers have to maintain as their REAL FAITH...... And once you SEE this revelation, then all you DEAD self righteous works to try to stay saved, and all your fear of losing your salvation, will LEAVE YOU, and God's Grace will then empower you into the Holiness that comes with REAL faith.

Hebrews 13:9

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Arguing for truth is not the work of the devil. Compromise is.

So Christian battles Christian for truth and compromise settles nothing. The way out of this age old cycle - if one is to be sought - is cordial dialogue, not acrimonious debate.

Threads are being closed and topics banned from being discussed because of the inability, the immaturity, of some to treat others as they would have others treat them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So Christian battles Christian for truth and compromise settles nothing. The way out of this age old cycle - if one is to be sought - is cordial dialogue, not acrimonious debate.

Threads are being closed and topics banned from being discussed because of the inability, the immaturity, of some to treat others as they would have others treat them.

There is such a thing as legitimate energetic disagreement regarding discussing the scriptures, that allows for growth in understanding and spirituality, regarding the members.
This is certainly welcome., and it can be incredibly blessed by God to have such a dialog.
But, then, there is TROLLING to agitate the entire forum, and there is Trolling to create strife and even hatred, and these SAME PEOPLE are guilty of it, on this Forum.

Reactions: Matthias

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is better to debate a cause without settling it than to settle it without debating it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is such a thing as legitimate energetic disagreement regarding discussing the scriptures, that allows for growth in understanding and spirituality, regarding the members.
This is certainly welcome., and it can be incredibly blessed by God to have such a dialog.
But, then, there is TROLLING to agitate the entire forum, and there is Trolling to create strife and even hatred, and these SAME PEOPLE are guilty of it, on this Forum.