The doctrine of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been studying “the doctrine of Christ” and the word “if”. Countless times that “if” is debated in “if you abide” “if you continue” “if you endure” “if you keep the sayings of this book” ...the problem with the “if” is there is a separation of whatsoever is born of God which the word says endures, fails not, but overcomes the world, even your faith. That which is born of God remains. “if” is whispered and it is manifested which side of that if one is of...flesh or Spirit. Flesh rears up and takes that “if” as it is something man does to maintain the “if”. Spirit asserts and proves that “if“ is something God does and nowhere does God say what He performs doesn’t abide. What does that have to do with the doctrine of Christ? A lot actually in who do you glorify ...God...or man? Who do you speak of? God or men? The endless debates and ugliness boiling down to that “if” and manifesting what is false and the doctrines of men seeking after the glory of men / against the doctrine of God which seeks after the glory of the One who sent them.

Luke 4:2-3 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. [3] And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.
^ the chief cornerstone is the Bread of Life. every temptation was toward the flesh to literally do as the temptation chided.So also the outward decreases (That which perishes)as the inward hidden man of the heart (that which is good and remains)increases. One endures. one doesn’t but decreases so, that which remains is manifest it is wrought of God.

2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. [10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

The doctrine of Christ: If men speak of themselves ...or if man speaks of God.
John 7:15-18 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned? [16] Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

He that seeks his glory that sent him...no unrighteousness is in him. As Jesus CHrist said ”He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory” Luke 23:34-35 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots. [35] And the people stood beholding. And the rulers also with them derided him, saying, He saved others; let him save himself, if he be Christ, the chosen of God.

Acts 7:59-60 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. [60] And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Who would it have glorified if Stephen cried aloud “I forgive them and I lay not this sin to their charge.”

Zephaniah 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Philippians 3:3)

One consent...with one mind (the mind of Christ) and with one mouth they glorify God. As even the Son, Christ Jesus who spoke not of himself but “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” Revelation 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

endless debates that detract and take away from: worship God. Even now they will come and proclaim the “if” is dependent upon men. instead the: If you endure ...manifesting whose house you are of. Romans 8:9-12 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. [10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. [11] But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. [12] Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

Worship God?
why the endless debates over what man can do?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus
On your final question, don't debate! Not always so easy, I know. Friendly helpful discussions would be good and we see them once in a while, but the other kind are too common and not always so easy to recognize initially. Even if a thread starts out well, all it takes to ruin it is one person inserting himself, insisting on doing it his way, which is not Jesus' way, without regard to doctrines presented.

People need to take on the essence of the 13th chapter of I Corinthians along with Matthew chapters 5 and 6. But, while I know that it works, [even though I am myself am only in the process], you will always be among some who will not make an effort to go that way.

So be certain to include patience and understanding as you become like Jesus. He did what I am suggesting, but He did have a better starting place. All the temptations, yes, but He also had all of the Word of God including more patience than Job ever did. Until you get to be like Him, it will at times be a very rough way to go...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One additional note here... something I learned from the brother who really won me to God many years ago:
It is easy to live for God hard, but it is hard to live for God easy.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is easy to live for God hard, but it is hard to live for God easy.

I’m not sure what that means? Seems similar to: it is easier to die for the Lord, then it is to live for Him? Realize they are not the same, but maybe yours is something one has to grow into to fully get?

Reactions: amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. [10] If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: [11] For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST
Now let's focus on the passage itself. John Gill (in his commentary on the whole Bible, and color-coded in purple) summarizes the doctrine of Christ as the complete revelation of Christ as presented in the Bible:

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST CAN BE VIOLATED BY ITS ENEMIES
1. Whosoever transgresseth,.... Not the law of God, of which everyone is a transgressors and that daily, in thought, word, or deed; but who passes over the rule and standard of doctrine, the word of God, and will not adhere to that, nor walk according to it, but rejects and despises that rule:

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST CAN BE OPPOSED BY ITS ENEMIES
2.and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ; which he received from his Father, and delivered to his apostles, and of which he is the sum and substance;

THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST IS COMPREHENSIVE BIBLE TRUTH
A. the doctrine which is concerning his person as the Son of God, and as truly God, and the union of the two natures, divine and human, in his one person;

B. and concerning his office, as the Mediator, surety, and messenger of the covenant, and as the prophet, priest, and King of his church;

C. and concerning his incarnation, obedience, sufferings, death, resurrection from the dead, ascension to heaven, session at God's right hand, intercession for his people, and second coming to judgment;

D. concerning peace and pardon by his blood, atonement by his sacrifice, justification by his righteousness, and complete salvation by him: this is , "the doctrine of the King Messiah", or the Messiah's Talmud (h), to use the Jewish phrase, and which agrees with John's.

OPPOSITION TO THE DOCTRINE OF CHRIST IS SATANIC
Now, whoever has embraced and professed this doctrine, but errs concerning it, and rejects it, and abides not in it, as Satan abode not in the truth, appears to be of him: hath not God for his Father, but the devil, the father of lies; he has no true knowledge of God, for there is none but in Christ, whose doctrine such an one has denied; nor has he, nor can he, have communion with him, nor any interest in him.

TRUE CHRISTIANS HAVE BOTH THE FATHER AND THE SON
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ; as he hath received and professed it; neither can anything remove him from it, not the arguments of false teachers, nor the reproaches and persecutions of men, or the snares and allurements of the world: he hath both the Father and the Son; he has an interest in them both, and has knowledge of each of them, and fellowship with them....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Been studying “the doctrine of Christ” and the word “if”. Countless times that “if” is debated in “if you abide” “if you continue” “if you endure” “if you keep the sayings of this book” ...the problem with the “if” is there is a separation of whatsoever is born of God which the word says endures, fails not, but overcomes the world, even your faith. That which is born of God remains. “if” is whispered and it is manifested which side of that if one is of...flesh or Spirit. Flesh rears up and takes that “if” as it is something man does to maintain the “if”. Spirit asserts and proves that “if“ is something God does and nowhere does God say what He performs doesn’t abide. What does that have to do with the doctrine of Christ? A lot actually in who do you glorify ...God...or man? Who do you speak of? God or men? The endless debates and ugliness boiling down to that “if” and manifesting what is false and the doctrines of men seeking after the glory of men / against the doctrine of God which seeks after the glory of the One who sent them.

Worship God?
why the endless debates over what man can do?
Why the endless debates? It's because you took every 'if' statement that you quoted completely out of context, that's why. Every pericope where those statements are from, are exhortations. The various authors are attempting to direct the reader's ways to the correct belief, obviously. They are not simply stating that here are the divisions that God has decreed, and if you're on the wrong side, you may not want to listen to rest of my message, because you may not like what you're about to hear and there's nothing that you can do about it, is he? Obviously not, the 'ifs' are fair and solicitous warnings in order to steer men away from the broad path. That is the context from where your quotes came from, as it is the context of the entire New Testament, as is the context of the entire Bible. That's why certain sins carried the death penalty (no one kills a cripple for not winning a race). i.e. Be holy as I am holy, believe in me, or else!
Like I said, it's called the Gospel of Christ for a reason, because it's good news, but how can it be presented to a potential convert as good news, if by pre-election, there's nothing good about it for them, but the opposite?

If means If, especially in the context that each one of those 'ifs' were stipulated, that is, in the context of guidance, exhortation and hope. They were not, simply stating a fact of God's static decree, so that one reader may rejoice while the other cuts his losses (as if either one could actually know the difference before the end times).

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
HOW CHRISTIANS MUST DEAL WITH HERETICS

2 John 1:10
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

If there come any unto you,.... Under the character of a preacher;
and bring not this doctrine; or does not preach the doctrine of Christ, as before explained, but despises it, and preaches a contrary one:

...receive him not into your house; neither into the house of God, suffer him not to preach there; nor into your own house, give him no entertainment there: false teachers always tried to creep into houses, where they served their own turn every way, both by feeding their bellies, and spreading their pernicious doctrines; and therefore such should: be avoided, both publicly and privately; their ministry should not be attended on in the church, or house of God; and they should not be entertained in private houses, and much less caressed:

neither bid him God speed; or give him the usual civil form of salutation, as a good day to you, all hail, all health and prosperity attend you, the Lord be with you, and the like.

The word used by the Jews was which signifies "happiness"; so it is said (i), what do they salute with? "God speed"; which was forbidden to say to one that was ploughing in the seventh year. The meaning is, that with such no familiar conversation should be had, lest any encouragement should be given them; or it should induce a suspicion in the minds of other saints, that they are in the same sentiments; or it should tend to make others think favourably of them, and be a snare and a stumblingblock to weak Christians."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine of Christ?
^--OP

I would say everything pertaining To Mankind Hinges ON "The WORD of God"...

Gods WORD

Gen 1:
[3] ...God said...

Mankinds TRUST

Gen 1:
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

The "IF"...."THEN" in Scripture, "IS" most worthy to and for a man, WHO, has chosen to "TRUST";
THAT WHICH;
"IF" a man "accomplished "THIS" ....
"THEN" without doubt a man can expect "THAT".

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the endless debates? It's because you took every 'if' statement that you quoted completely out of context, that's why. Every pericope where those statements are from, are exhortations. The various authors are attempting to direct the reader's ways to the correct belief, obviously. They are not simply stating that here are the divisions that God has decreed, and if you're on the wrong side, you may not want to listen to rest of my message, because you may not like what you're about to hear and there's nothing that you can do about it, is he? Obviously not, the 'ifs' are fair and solicitous warnings in order to steer men away from the broad path. That is the context from where your quotes came from, as it is the context of the entire New Testament, as is the context of the entire Bible. That's why certain sins carried the death penalty (no one kills a cripple for not winning a race). i.e. Be holy as I am holy, believe in me, or else!
Like I said, it's called the Gospel of Christ for a reason, because it's good news, but how can it be presented to a potential convert as good news, if by pre-election, there's nothing good about it for them, but the opposite?

If means If, especially in the context that each one of those 'ifs' were stipulated, that is, in the context of guidance, exhortation and hope. They were not, simply stating a fact of God's static decree, so that one reader may rejoice while the other cuts his losses (as if either one could actually know the difference before the end times).

can tell you I’ve felt the weight of those “ifs”. Agree they are good news. They are only exhortation and hope when encouraged toward the Spirit of God which does not fail nor faint rather then putting more weight on flesh which cannot bear but faints. Those “ifs” same as The Revelation of Jesus Christ ...heard my entire life The Revelation of Jesus Christ is the bad news and presented as such, when The Revelation of Jesus Christ(imo) is the good news.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "IF"...."THEN" in Scripture, "IS" most worthy to and for a man, WHO, has chosen to "TRUST";
THAT WHICH;
"IF" a man "accomplished "THIS" ....
"THEN" without doubt a man can expect "THAT".

If a man accomplished “This” ...then without a doubt a man can expect “That”...because the Spirit of God is manifest(revealed) in that man before God. Man doesn’t do that which is impossible for man but instead with God all things are possible. It doesn’t declare man’s ability but God’s unshakable certainty Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. [9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Consider what is on trial in the trying of your faith...when tested... HIS Faith is revealed not a corruptible faith which is weak. 1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a man accomplished “This” ...then without a doubt a man can expect “That”...because the Spirit of God is manifest(revealed) in that man before God. Man doesn’t do that which is impossible for man but instead with God all things are possible. It doesn’t declare man’s ability but God’s unshakable certainty Romans 8:8-9 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. [9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

True.

Consider what is on trial in the trying of your faith...when tested... HIS Faith is revealed not a corruptible faith which is weak.

Yes. Men are "tested". Some believe they have GAINED the indwelling power of Gods Spirit, BY engaging in a ceremonial act...
And some men find, when "tested" the "ceremonial act"...is a FAIL, their testing resulted in a FAIL...and hopefully they learned along the way, committing to the Lord God IS truly about a True belief in their heart, rather than a planned ceremonial act.

1 Peter 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Yes, it IS Gods own Great price He PAID for all men to choose to Accept or Not.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not sure what that means? Seems similar to: it is easier to die for the Lord, then it is to live for Him? Realize they are not the same, but maybe yours is something one has to grow into to fully get?
Very simply it means if you put your all into living for God, it is easy. If, on the other hand, you try to ride the fence putting the minimum into it so as to enjoy the world and God, it is hard.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very simply it means if you put your all into living for God, it is easy. If, on the other hand, you try to ride the fence putting the minimum into it so as to enjoy the world and God, it is hard.

thank you. Makes more sense now. “To ride the fence” brings to mind to be between two opinions or double minded: James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

No more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine...(imo) that would be the doctrines of men. The word said to be no more children of those doctrines but of God’s. Which makes John 7:16-18 important(imo) in a warning of what is false to be no more children of. “Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.”

”If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
...did He?

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you. Makes more sense now. “To ride the fence” brings to mind to be between two opinions or double minded: James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

No more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine...(imo) that would be the doctrines of men. The word said to be no more children of those doctrines but of God’s. Which makes John 7:16-18 important(imo) in a warning of what is false to be no more children of. “Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. [17] If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. [18] He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.”

”If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.”
...did He?
Very good Sister, you are right on it. It also relates to these verses:

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16

As to your final question, the answer lies in doing His will... or NOT! What is God's will?

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth [Strong's 4100] on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

Then the next question would be, "How do I see the Son and believe on him?" This brings us back to faith, does it not?

"So then faith [Strong's 4102] cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Rev 3:15-16

As to your final question, the answer lies in doing His will... or NOT! What is God's will?

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth [Strong's 4100] on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

Then the next question would be, "How do I see the Son and believe on him?" This brings us back to faith, does it not?

"So then faith [Strong's 4102] cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

Agree. With or Without, no inbetween.

Matt 12:
[30] He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Glory to God,
Taken

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you. Want to clarify what I am not claiming in the OP concerning “if”. Also not claiming we continue to do evil. But instead If Christ is in you then you will keep His sayings because He is in you. That always comes up in accusing one of OSAS (not that you have said this) but hopefully that is not how it comes across as OSAS. Only trying like others to see what or Who is stable in the midst of so much uncertainty. Only wanted to clear that up as I hope it is not coming across as if I’m suggesting any will escape by iniquity. BUT instead when God says He will provide a way to escape temptation...that way is learning of Christ and you will find rest. Psalm 56:4-9 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. [5] Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. [6] They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul. [7] Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God. [8] Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? [9] When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

Psalm 57:2-5 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. [3] He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth. [4] My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword. [5] Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

Reactions: amadeus

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

I'm not taking the position of whoever you're responding to. I only want to note that to die for the lord is to live for him (e.g. "Those who would die for my sake, shall live") So they are the same, and right in line with your OP.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not taking the position of whoever you're responding to. I only want to note that to die for the lord is to live for him (e.g. "Those who would die for my sake, shall live") So they are the same, and right in line with your OP.

agree. Thank you for the correction. Which to “die in the Lord from hereforth” do you think the Spirit is speaking of in Revelation 14:13 ? “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
agree. Thank you for the correction. Which to “die in the Lord from hereforth” do you think the Spirit is speaking of in Revelation 14:13 ? “And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”

Death in the Lord is always death to self. Christ taught self denial/self sacrifice. Paul does as well. When the self/flesh/ separate identity/persona is crucified, we're able to see that this fallen world is quickly passing away as we live in, with, and through Christ. As the self decreases, Christ increases.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...If Christ is in you then you will keep His sayings because He is in you. That always comes up in accusing one of OSAS (not that you have said this) but hopefully that is not how it comes across as OSAS. Only trying like others to see what or Who is stable in the midst of so much uncertainty.
I am certainly not OSAS, but I also believe that even a person in that group who sincerely believes God and gives his all to God and trusts God and endures to the end... will be saved. Ultimately some differences like this may not matter as long as the heart is right with God all the way through.

They say that once we have truly repented it has to be. I say that when we have truly repented we have been given the power to make it so.

They say that what I believe is a works based salvation. What I say is that Jesus made it possible for us to do it and God has provided all the tools necessary to do it. Without Jesus it is impossible, but if we don't put everything we have into it using the tools He provided we may in be for a greater fall than we expected.

We are in a testing period, a place of trials. Once we have 1) accepted Jesus 2) there is work to be done... by us all the way to the end of our course [our allotted time in this world of fleshly weaknesses and temptations]. See the story of Lazarus:

"And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, 1) Lazarus, come forth.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, 2) Loose him, and let him go." John 11:43-44

Only wanted to clear that up as I hope it is not coming across as if I’m suggesting any will escape by iniquity. BUT instead when God says He will provide a way to escape temptation...that way is learning of Christ and you will find rest. Psalm 56:4-9 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. [5] Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil. [6] They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul. [7] Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God. [8] Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? [9] When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

Amen!

Psalm 57:2-5 I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. [3] He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth his mercy and his truth. [4] My soul is among lions: and I lie even among them that are set on fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows, and their tongue a sharp sword. [5] Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; let thy glory be above all the earth.

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:7

That power is the power of God in us, the Holy Ghost in us! But the Holy Ghost is limited by our will if we so wish it. The Holy Ghost is working on us to perfect us as a Living new man, to make us like Jesus, so as to be a perfectly fitting part of the Body of Christ. But... to complete that job the Holy Ghost needs the proper materials... which are the flesh and blood of Jesus for other wise we are simply quenching the Holy Spirit of God in us:

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

Stop and consider what the flesh and blood of Jesus really are. Not a little wafer and a bit of wine. That is a shadow of reality. We don't eat and drink the shadow of a beef cow to fill our bellies and keep our carnal bodies alive. The types and shadows are what they had in the OT and even in the new, but the real thing is available. People are partaking often without understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus