The Latest on Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since the Rapture has absolutely nothing to do with the Tribulation, I am definitely with those who believe in a Premillennial, Pre-Tribulation Rapture.

What were the first words which Christ said when speaking about the Rapture (John 14:1-3)? LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED. Tribulation is trouble, and the Tribulation and Great Tribulation are periods of trouble and divine judgment -- DIVINE WRATH -- for the wicked, the unbelieving, and the ungodly. On the other hand Christians are given this word to understand why the are not subject to the Tribulation:

1 THESSALONIANS 5

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do

Actually the Great White Throne Judgment comes AFTER the Tribulation and the Great Tribulation. So study Rev 6-18 and then go to Rev 20.
Oh, just what we all need, another expert on Revelation.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we know which "Heaven" Enoch was taken to? And how can we reconcile the rapture of him with"
John 3:13
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man [a]who is in heaven.

Sorry ByGrace, but not quite 'the end' yet.

Nancy, Christ's decension and ascension are connected in (John 3:13) with what Christ was saying in (John 3:3-8). The term 'born again' in (3:3) is really 'born from above'. It speaks of the believers origin. He is from above. If his origin is not right, from above, then he cannot even see the kingdom of God. (3:3). And to him that is from above, but not yet born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (3:5) The point being one must be from above, from heaven, from God in the first place in order to be born again.

Thus the same with Christ. (3:13) "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. Enoch was of God as Elijah was of God. Their origin was from above also. Thus it is no problem that they ascended into Heaven.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Conveniently, some guy 300 years ago put chapters in the Bible to cause all kinds of confusion that goes on to this day.
Where do you get this stuff??
"300" years ago??
WHO is this "guy"??

Chapters were added to Scripture during the 13th century and verse numbers in the 16th century.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's a canon?
Something out of the romanists church?
Get rid of it!!!!
This is why I say that you never disappoint with your moronic posts.
A "Canon" is a LIST.

Do your homework, Rollo . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you get this stuff??
"300" years ago??
WHO is this "guy"??

Chapters were added to Scripture during the 13th century and verse numbers in the 16th century.
I don't care if they were added yesterday.
they confuse your mind and cause trouble here on the forum.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a list of what?
romanist laws, do or die type of stuff
go say a Hail Mary or two......
A "LIST".
The etymology of the word is GREEK and has nothing to do with anything "Roman", Einstein.

In your complete ignorance, you post these inane accusations because you don't do your homework.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry ByGrace, but not quite 'the end' yet.

Nancy, Christ's decension and ascension are connected in (John 3:13) with what Christ was saying in (John 3:3-8). The term 'born again' in (3:3) is really 'born from above'. It speaks of the believers origin. He is from above. If his origin is not right, from above, then he cannot even see the kingdom of God. (3:3). And to him that is from above, but not yet born again, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (3:5) The point being one must be from above, from heaven, from God in the first place in order to be born again.

Thus the same with Christ. (3:13) "And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. Enoch was of God as Elijah was of God. Their origin was from above also. Thus it is no problem that they ascended into Heaven.

Stranger

Yes, I see what you mean...good points. I am learning a whole lot of good food for thought on this forum. I may be layed up for now, but God is surely "making all things GOOD..." Amen?! Ty!

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just looked up on wiki and it says canons were people
You must have looked up the wrong entry. The Anglican church has one class of clergy called "canons", and then we have the cannons which simply obliterate everything in their paths.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
biblical canon or canon of scripture is a set of texts (or "books") which a particular religious community regards as authoritative scripture. The English word "canon" comes from the Greek κανών, meaning "rule" or "measuring stick". Christians became the first to use the term in reference to scripture..."

So the canon of Scripture is that body of Bible books which are regarded as authoritative by Christians (66 books in Protestant Bibles) because only they are divinely inspired (hence the Word of God).

Since BOL is discussing this he has already been shown that the 7 apocryphal books in Catholic bibles were EXCLUDED from the Hebrew canon (the Tanakh).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must have looked up the wrong entry. The Anglican church has one class of clergy called "canons", and then we have the cannons which simply obliterate everything in their paths.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
biblical canon or canon of scripture is a set of texts (or "books") which a particular religious community regards as authoritative scripture. The English word "canon" comes from the Greek κανών, meaning "rule" or "measuring stick". Christians became the first to use the term in reference to scripture..."

So the canon of Scripture is that body of Bible books which are regarded as authoritative by Christians (66 books in Protestant Bibles) because only they are divinely inspired (hence the Word of God).

Since BOL is discussing this he has already been shown that the 7 apocryphal books in Catholic bibles were EXCLUDED from the Hebrew canon (the Tanakh).
NONSENSE.

Not only was the Canon of Scripture an OPEN Canon during the life of Christ - He and the NT writers studied from these 7 Books. There are roughly 200 quotes, references and allusions to these 7 Books in the NT.

The Jewish Canon of Scripture wasn't closed - NOR were these Books thrown out of their canon until LONG after Jesus ascended to the Father and the Temple was destroyed. The Canon YOU adhere to is a POST-Christ, POST-Temple Canon.

How do you explain all of this??

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just simply disagree with your understanding. Maybe it is the start of something new?

I didn't 'have' any understanding.
I just hoped it was The End of this silly thread.
Obviously " my opinion".

Everyone just tries out out do and out scripture everyone else.
One of those circular conversations....that goes nowhere and proves nothing.

Reactions: Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Obviously " my opinion".

Everyone just tries to out do and out scripture everyone else.

I was thinking of reasoned debate, not emotive repetition of a desired outcome where there is no tribulation period for the sanity avoiders.

But the end is the end of this present phase for humans in our distant future and not in our near future as many hope for.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NONSENSE.

Not only was the Canon of Scripture an OPEN Canon during the life of Christ - He and the NT writers studied from these 7 Books. There are roughly 200 quotes, references and allusions to these 7 Books in the NT.

The Jewish Canon of Scripture wasn't closed - NOR were these Books thrown out of their canon until LONG after Jesus ascended to the Father and the Temple was destroyed. The Canon YOU adhere to is a POST-Christ, POST-Temple Canon.

How do you explain all of this??
I'll explain it.
It's meaningless.
Prove I'm wrong.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously " my opinion".

Everyone just tries out out do and out scripture everyone else.
That's meaningless.
How's that for Scripture?