The Latest on Pre-Trib Rapture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's meaningless - and WHY?
Explain
This argument that goes around in circles is meaningless.
I'm surprised you didn't have enough sense to figure that one out, Breadman.
Opinions are meaningless.
threads that do not affect our salvation are meaningless.
And since you are caught up in the middle of it all, it makes you meaningless.

And that's Scripture!!!

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And that's Scripture!!!
This isn't about "opinions". This is about what is in Scripture.
Tell me why the NT quotes and references the Deuterocanonical Books some 200 times if it is NOT Scripture.

Does the NT quote or refer to any NON-Scriptural works?
Can you explain this?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's meaningless.
How's that for Scripture?

Ha! not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing. Ha!

For myself, that is why I don't use a lot of scripture verses...I usually write from my heart what is important to me...and my personal beliefs.

The battle of the scripture verses is a waste of time...its just anyones choice of their favourite verse that proves their own point best. I used to do it too..but quit.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And that's Scripture!!!

Oh right...so we do agree for sure...
And for me...the bottom line is...it won't change anything.
We will either be raptured or we wont.

One group will be prepared and one group won't.
But the end result in glory, will be the same.

Just my opinion.... :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me why the NT quotes and references the Deuterocanonical Books some 200 times if it is NOT Scripture.

Can you explain this?

They don't. The apocryphal books are never quoted.

Quantrill

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you explain this?
Hey Breadman, feeling troubled right now with guilt?
Go say an Act of Contrition.
"Oh my God, I am heartily sorry...............

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read and study Luke 24. Christians only need the authority of Christ, not the Pope and his prelates.
That's NOT what Jesus said . . .

Jesus gave His Church SUPREME Authority on earth - that WHATEVER it ordained on earth would also be ordained in Heaven (Matt. 18:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23). Specifically, in Matt. 16:18-19 - He gave that Supreme Authority to an INDIVIDUAL (Peter).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't. The apocryphal books are never quoted.
Quantrill
Not true at all.
Besides, I said they were quoted, referenced and alluded to.

Heb. 11 tells us to emulate people of the Old Testament - where "Women received their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, that they might rise again to a better life" (Heb. 11:35).

There are TWO of examples of women "receiving back their dead" by resurrection in YOUR Protestant OT:
a. When Elijah raised the son of the widow of Zarepheth in 1 Kings 17
b. When Elisha raised the son of the Shunammite woman in 2 Kings 4

NOWHERE, however, will you find someone being tortured and refusing to be released for the sake of a better resurrection. UNLESS you go to the Book of 2nd Maccabbees in the Catholic OT (2 Macc. 7:1-42).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Breadman, feeling troubled right now with guilt?
Go say an Act of Contrition.
"Oh my God, I am heartily sorry...............
"Guilt" for what?? For exposing your nonsense again??
Not at ALL. That's why I'm here.

NOW - how about answering the questions?

Can you explain this?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All that I know is that Harold Camping's disappointing prediction was only meet with dispariting comments and that his corrections for his seemingly misconstrued understandings made him somewhat of a laughing stock of both the religious and secular worlds.

Be watchers of God's fulfilment of His Word studying it carefully to come to the same understanding of it as God intended it to have. Sadly, this topic is not a safe place to look towards the revelation of God's intended understanding of the scriptures sited.

Shalom

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true at all.
Besides, I said they were quoted, referenced and alluded to.

Heb. 11 tells us to emulate people of the Old Testament - where "Women received their dead by resurrection. Some were tortured, refusing to accept release, that they might rise again to a better life" (Heb. 11:35).

There are TWO of examples of women "receiving back their dead" by resurrection in YOUR Protestant OT:
a. When Elijah raised the son of the widow of Zarepheth in 1 Kings 17
b.
When Elisha raised the son of the Shunammite woman in 2 Kings 4

NOWHERE, however, will you find someone being tortured and refusing to be released for the sake of a better resurrection. UNLESS you go to the Book of 2nd Maccabbees in the Catholic OT (2 Macc. 7:1-42).

(Heb. 11) is not giving quotes either from Old Testament or anywhere else. It is simply stating the truth of what occurred. It is not referencing in any way. Just because some apocryphal books speak of some faith or some persecution, does not mean (Heb. 11) is quoting, or referencing, or alluding to them.

Stranger

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i prefer to believe in pretrib. but i also know that midrib is also possible according to the scriptures that can be used to support it. until someone can explain to my satisfaction rev 19:7-9 shows us that the bride of Christ is in heaven. rev 19:14 shows the bride of Christ coming back with Jesus to fight the beast and his armies. how did the bride of Christ get to heaven if they were not raptured? this is one scripture that has yet to be refuted to my satisfaction. there are others too.

God bless

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i prefer to believe in pretrib. but i also know that midrib is also possible according to the scriptures that can be used to support it. until someone can explain to my satisfaction rev 19:7-9 shows us that the bride of Christ is in heaven. rev 19:14 shows the bride of Christ coming back with Jesus to fight the beast and his armies. how did the bride of Christ get to heaven if they were not raptured? this is one scripture that has yet to be refuted to my satisfaction. there are others too.

God bless
Yes, you have raised a very good point, and it totally demolishes the idea that the Rapture and the Second Coming are identical. The Marriage of the Lamb immediately precedes the Second Coming of Christ, and unless the Church (the Bride of Christ) is already present in Heaven via the Rapture, it could not possibly occur.

Furthermore, you will not find the words "church" or "churches" from Revelation 6 through 18, and that in itself is highly significant. Especially when the first three chapters are totally focused on churches. So the Bible student must ask himself, where is the Church and the churches throughout all the judgments being poured out upon the earth? And the only viable answer is that the Church is in Heaven during that time.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Guilt" for what?? For exposing your nonsense again??
Not at ALL. That's why I'm here.

NOW - how about answering the questions?

Can you explain this?
Hey Breadman, I never said that Deuteronomy is not Scripture.
But if you want to add to Deuteronomy, then shame on you.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God bless
Revelation 21:2-3;
"2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.…

Why is the New Jerusalem called the Bride of Christ?
Why is God going to live with his people, man, rather than addressing them as his bride.
Has someone been telling you wrong things?

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:2-3;
"2I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying: “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.…

Why is the New Jerusalem called the Bride of Christ?
Why is God going to live with his people, man, rather than addressing them as his bride.
Has someone been telling you wrong things?
it says prepared AS a bride. in other words new jerusalem was adorned or dressed up as a bride being beautiful and majestic.

in reply to your second question is that those that are saved during the great trib are not the bride of Christ. according to the scriptures the bride of Christ has all authority on heaven and earth to destroy the things of the devil. during the great trib the devil tramples upon the people of God. doesn't this sound like hypocrisy to say you has this power to destroy the devil and then just take it away for no reason? i understand that God has the right to do it but to do it for no reason is outside the character of God. unless the circumstances have changed for some reason like God took all those chosen ones(bride of Christ) and left everyone else. then it could be considered where before goodness ruled now evil rules for 3 1/2 years and only those that truly want a different lifestyle(Christ) will be saved. so after the great trib will be the bride of Christ and the others saved during the great trib. i believe there will be no difference between the 2 groups except that it shows who was raptured and who was not.

God bless

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it says prepared AS a bride. in other words new jerusalem was adorned or dressed up as a bride being beautiful and majestic.

in reply to your second question is that those that are saved during the great trib are not the bride of Christ. according to the scriptures the bride of Christ has all authority on heaven and earth to destroy the things of the devil. during the great trib the devil tramples upon the people of God. doesn't this sound like hypocrisy to say you has this power to destroy the devil and then just take it away for no reason? i understand that God has the right to do it but to do it for no reason is outside the character of God. unless the circumstances have changed for some reason like God took all those chosen ones(bride of Christ) and left everyone else. then it could be considered where before goodness ruled now evil rules for 3 1/2 years and only those that truly want a different lifestyle(Christ) will be saved. so after the great trib will be the bride of Christ and the others saved during the great trib. i believe there will be no difference between the 2 groups except that it shows who was raptured and who was not.

God bless
How about when God releases the devil and he lets him deceive the whole Earth and make war against God.
How does this final battle fit into your thinking if the Day of the Lord has already come?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to all that are pre-Trib, Personally I hold fast to Post Trib, and hopefully I will be alive when OUR SAVIOR returns on the Clouds, With Power and Great Glory, That will be Something to Behold!!!!!!!!!!!

There are three souls in Heaven and they begin to speak to each other, So one asks another where were you in the Past, and that soul answers, I was herding sheep for Abraham, So that soul asks the first one where were you in the Past, and So the first answers, I was there when Jesus was walking among the people of Israel Teaching, So the first on asks the last one where were you in the Past, And the Last one says, I WAS THERE WHEN OUR SAVIOR RETURNED IN THE CLOUDS WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY, and the first two asked WHAT WAS IT LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

That where I want to be in the Future, To God and Savior be All Glory Alleluia, AMN