The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verse says one cannot confess one's sins to a priest in "a black box"? Or is this another man-made law you've invented?
The Bible says this....

There is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

It surely does not say a sinner priest is the mediator.

Jesus is my mediator, not a man in a black box with a vail between me and him, as if he is the Holy of Holies behind the tabernacle vail.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The word in the Greek implies immerse.
However, if you want, then use a mister from Home Depot for a dollar to baptize babies.
Beats going to a river and getting wet like the Apostles and John the Baptist did, huh)
Which Bible verse says "Thou shalt not baptise anyone by pouring water over their head"?

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The wars began per Martin Luther.
The RCC tried to snuff him and the reformers out.
They should have sought a peaceful solution, huh?
Well, should we be surprised? After all, Scripture does say Christ will rule them with a rod of iron.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church teaches that no one comes to the Father except through Jesus Christ, and that due to the Incarnation (God became man) and the Redemption (the Cross), Jesus is the unique Mediator between God and man. The priest to whom we Catholics confess our sins to is a man - between that man and God is the Mediator, Jesus Christ.

Below Jesus there are sub-mediators - for example, God spoke only to Moses on Mt. Sinai, so Moses was a mediator between God and the Chosen People. The Catholic Church didn’t invent the practice of confessing sins to a priest - Jesus did, when this happened:
"Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he has said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained'" (John 20:21-23)

The Catholic Church merely continues the tradition of the Sacrament that Jesus instigated. The Church didn’t replace Jesus as the one Mediator - that is your ignorant and misinformed view of it.
Let’s do this again to see if it adds up.

There is one God, and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus.

Sub mediator in between full mediator or one mediator?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe that’s what they’re saying, the way I understand it is the parents of the child are just stating they’ll raise the child to know God to the best of their ability
No, they teach the unbaptized infant is lost unless it is baptized.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are taking the metaphorical words of Christ much too literally.
This is a typical symptom exhibited by fundamentalists. I fear it is related to a lack of grey matter, but of course, I could be wrong about that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apart from being a psychopathic murderer of multiple wives and 72,000 Catholics, and being a rank heretic, King Henry VIII was a fine man.
Actually, Rome still rules the Anglican Church spiritually. She is Rome’s daughter. The harlot of Rev still has daughters teaching parts of her doctrines.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Besides, if EVERY one of the Protestant denomination was being led by the Spirit – WHY are there tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions that ALL teach different doctrines yet ALL claim to be “led” by the Spirit?? Some doctrines are essentials and are as different as night and day.

God is not the Author of Confusion . . .
If Protestantism is right, the verse that says God is not the Author of Confusion must be wrong.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They found water.
You think folks in Jerusalem took sponge baths?
But you claim everyone must be baptised just as John the Baptise did it - which means in a RIVER … and not just any river, but the JORDAN RIVER. Were you baptised in the JORDAN RIVER?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Protestantism is right, the verse that says God is not the Author of Confusion must be wrong.
The problem is, the RCC has its roots in Protestants.
To become one with the 1st century church, a person must cut all the roots out.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you claim everyone must be baptised just as John the Baptise did it - which means in a RIVER … and not just any river, but the JORDAN RIVER. Were you baptised in the JORDAN RIVER?
The Ethiopian eunuch just found water. That worked fine. They went down into the water together.
They would not have fit in an RCC water dropper.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And it is not beyond the realm of possibility, in my mind, that Catholics would worship the Pope. Because he is considered to be the physical representative of Christ on the earth. I wouldn't put it past Catholic theology, therefore, to say that worshipping the Pope is the same as worshipping Christ. When in all reality they would be worshiping the Antichrist (him who is in place of Christ).
What is the name of your cult? I would like to join it - just for the laughs!

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A different lie or hateful remark with every post. Anti-Catholics of this variety are psychotic, not in reality. Discussion is impossible.
OIP.cD3ApsuroXNMwrWp-yuQYgHaF7
Most of their comments are just too stupid to dignify with a response. I've got better things to do than converse with senseless brainwashed children.

Last edited:

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We see that God is the One who placed the above in His Church. And we're even told why He did. However, not everyone believes that. But, I've never met anyone who doesn't believe it who can provide Scripture(s) for when, where OR why God removes any of it from His Church. Granted, the churches of the wide gate and broad way do NOT embrace all of the above. However, the one true Church that Jesus established (the strait gate and narrow way) certainly does.
What is the name of this "one true Church that Jesus established"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the name of this "one true Church that Jesus established"?
If I may, the one true church was never given a name. They were defined by the doctrine and experience they had.
Any church that does not have the exact doctrine and experience as the one true, first century church is a different church.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You happen to be in blatant disobedience to the following verse of holy scripture:

Luk 6:37, Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
What about this?:
'What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to JUDGE THOSE INSIDE?' 1Cor 5:12