The phrase 'Spiritually Dead' is not in the Bible. Where do you get this from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, let's take a couple of these passages then.

For this one, tell me how you interpret verse 8 where it says, "He led captivity captive."

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men. 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers (Ephesians 4:8-11)

You are definitely asking the important questions. I appreciate it.

Who are the Captives? Let us look at the first verse of the chapter for context...

Ephesians 4:1
"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,"

*We* are the captives! It is not just Christians but the entire Human Race that is being held captive. Jesus is leading us out of here.

Now, the verse states that Jesus gave the gifts of Apostles, Prophets, etc. So how did Jesus give these gifts? To grown adults?

No. He gave those gifts by going into the Lower Parts of the Earth...

Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

Thus, Lower/Lowest Parts of the Earth has more than one meaning. It could be the Womb of Mary, yet it could also mean other Mothers in which Jesus visited the Spirits in Prison in their Wombs to give gifts and preach...

1 Peter 3:19
"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison"

The Spirits in Prison are the Unsaved that are about to be Born Again into this world, thus Jesus needed to prepare them.

They were 'Children of Disobedience' like we were in 'Time Past' or Past Life...

1 Peter 3:20
"Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

For this one, a few verses earlier the writer mentions ascending to Heaven or making his bed in Hades. Tell me if you believe in the concept of a literal Hades, i.e. Underworld in the afterlife.

Where was your bed when you were seven months old? I'm talking about *before* you were born?

Here was your bed...

full

Who was there preaching to you? Jesus was.

So yes, I believe that Torments is real as in the Rich Man and Lazarus. The Rich Man was 'repurposed' back on Earth, while Lazarus went to Heaven.

One could say they were the same person living two different lives at the same time, but I do not wish to blow anyone's minds with that concept just yet... lol.

Reactions: MatthewG

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my. I am being inundated with posts.

I will be back soon to respond.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Reactions: MatthewG

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Ronald David Bruno .

I realize that many Churches add the word 'Spiritual' to Genesis 2:17, but see that is my entire argument.

Why can't I simply believe that 'Day' means day and 'Surely Die' means Surely Die?

Why must I add unto and take away from the Word of God to make it say what someone else wants it to say?

This is what they want me to do...

Genesis 2:17
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely [Spiritually] die."

Or they want me to do this...

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the [hundreds of years after] thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

I flat out refuse to do that. I choose to believe the literal interpretation. Now I am considered a Super Deluxe Heretic... lol.

So much for Hero.

:(
Who is 'they'? What else do 'they' want from you? Were 'they' mean to you, when you flat out refused? I really do want to know who this 'they' are (or is?).

'They' aside, if you are truly serious about literal meaning of plainly written Scripture, without adding thereto nor taking away, then you are just the one I want to talk to.

Just don't brag about it, Paul: "Much of it is difficult to receive." (2 Peter 3)

We do know they died in that day of eating, and shame and secrecy was a result. And then they (There's those 'they' again) died again? mortally down the road. 2nd death? Twice dead? Jude was speaking of them that were troubling the church as being twice dead, and not yet in the grave.

Adam and Eve died that day of transgression, and continued to die, or continued in death, until death the grave?

Pre-determined and pre-ordained is not the same as pre-rejected and pre-chosen. Predetermination in that regard is not Bible to me. However,
we pre-determine our future by rejecting Jesus as Lord, which is the lake of fire. Also, unless it can be shown by Scripture babies dying are likewise predetermined to the lake, then not everyone with birth is pre-determined to it. There must first be works to be judged by, which cannot occur without such works...

'spiritually dead' or 'dead spiritually' are not terms spoken together in Scripture, but those who are dead in sins, separate from God, having not the Spirit of God can allow the term 'spiritually dead' to be used, without being an....heretick!!

Perhaps spiritually dead from God, for clarification. Or even better, dead to the Spirit of God...

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my. I am being inundated with posts.

I will be back soon to respond.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
I personally believe that the problem lies in understanding our state prior to being born of God. God breathed into the nostrils of Adam and he became a living soul. This scripture doesn’t say that everyone that’s born into this world receives the breath of life.
Some of the scriptures posted by others her about being formed of God in their mother’s womb, don’t apply to us either. No one posting here came out of their mothers womb receiving the breath of God. Jesus Christ was the first man to receive the breath of God since the fall of Adam, scripture is very clear on this.
Psalm 33:3-6 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise. [4] For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth. [5] He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord. [6] By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

It’s upon receiving the breath of His mouth we receive life.. only in Him is there life.

The Holy Spirit is the breath of life.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't beat anyone over the head with my views. Much of it is difficult to receive. I get that. It took me years to accept it.

So here is an example of being pre-condemned...

Matthew 23:15
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Here is what I believe Jesus is teaching us...

The phrase 'Child of Hell' is literal. It is where we all are LITERALLY born from...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

The Lowest Parts of the Earth is Hell, yet it is a parable of the Womb. Jesus went there...

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Again, the Lower Parts of the Earth is the Womb. Jesus first descended into the Womb of Mary to be born into this world. See that? I bet you were 'told' differently.

In the case of Matthew 23:25, the original word is Gehenna, which is the Lake of Fire.

Note that the Proselyte is TWOFOLD the Child of Hell. This means he was not only born out of Gehenna once, but will have to go through the Lake of Fire yet again and become born of corruptible flesh.

And guess what? The same happened to all of us. We were thrown into the Lake of Fire in 'time past' when we were Children of Disobedience. We were then given another chance.

It is the 'another chance' part that Christians are kept from believing, yet a literal reading of the text reveals this plainly.

This is why the word 'Spiritual' is added. It is meant to throw off the Christians from discovering we had a 'past life'.

Consider this verse...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

How far back are we talking about here? A few years? What if Time Past meant BEFORE we were born? That is what I believe is being said.

TIME PAST = PAST LIFE

Boom! That is the elephant in the room Christians are not allowed to consider.

The lowest parts of the earth has nothing to do with a womb.

No one could ascend to heaven at death, until Messiah came and atoned for sins.

Thus there was a chamber in the earth, a holding tank for Old Testament saints who died, to wait until Jesus came, atoned for sin, and made it possible for souls to ascend into heaven - called paradise, aka Abraham’s bosom.

That chamber was across from the torments side of Hades, separated by a huge chasm, as Jesus described in scripture.

When Jesus died, He descended into the heart of the earth, and preached to those souls in captivity - and when He rose He ‘took captivity captive’ by taking them with Him, and emptied it out.

This is why there was a resurrection that occurred when Jesus rose, and many saints arose, and went into the city.

When Jesus ascended to heaven forty days after His resurrection, He took then to heaven with Him, and now Paradise is in heaven, and souls of the redeemed who die, go directly to heaven.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:

"The phrase spiritual death is not found in Protestant scriptures, and definitions of the concept thus vary among Protestant Christians."

Spiritual death in Christianity - Wikipedia

I hereby formally submit to the entire Human Race that there is no such thing as 'Spiritual Death'.

Furthermore, any teachings on said phrase should be regarded as Heresy and rejected.

You have just been put on notice.

full

Prove me wrong.

full

Spiritual death is separation from God because of sin.

Adam and Eve died spiritually the very DAY they sinned, just as God warned would happen, but then lived physically for many more centuries.

Spiritual death is described in the NT:

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive together with Him when He pardoned us all our transgressions.

We were spiritually dead in our sins, before being quickened - made alive - when born again.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree that child of hell means all people are born from hell. Jesus was referring to the hypocrite Pharisees as being child of hell. 'Twofold more child of hell that yourselves...' Since we are all born into this world in the same manner and state, by the same one blood (), then I would say 'children of hell' in this world is a ministerial title. (Not spiritual title, since I don't believe hell is a spiritual place, unless I am mistaken)

Likewise, I don't see Scripture paralleling the lowest parts with a 'womb'. The Lord is he that forms us from the womb (Is 44), and so He would have formed us from the womb of hell, if we are children of hell...

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual death is separation from God because of sin.

Adam and Eve died spiritually the very DAY they sinned, just as God warned would happen, but then lived physically for many more centuries.

Spiritual death is described in the NT:

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

Col 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive together with Him when He pardoned us all our transgressions.

We were spiritually dead in our sins, before being quickened - made alive - when born again.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid your elephant has dropped a big one, so I won't allow it in my room.

You produced 2 errors out of two suppositions:
1. We were in time past is clearly and sensibly referring to our past life of sins, when we were children of disobedience but not anymore. This simple reading agrees with being from our sins that are past (Rom 3). Our past life of sins have been crucified with our past body of sin (Rom 6). We are not forgiven of our sins from a past life, nor is our body of sin from a past life.

"What if Time Past meant BEFORE we were born" True: time past means before we born again. 2 different lives, same mortal body.

Moreover, Paul's use of this phrase for himself is that of the 'time past' of his present lifetime, whether his conversion, what he had told the churches, and especially when he persecuted the church. And Peter nails you case shut when he said: "For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness..." Not time past of our lives.

Whenever Scripture refers to time past of different lifetime, it is also explicitly and plainly saying so, such God speaking to the prophets in time past of the fathers...

You have tried to apply such Scriptures to one that is in now way associated with them.

Nice try, but it don't fly.

Unless there is clear scriptural evidence, then all Scripture must be read in a common normal sense: common sense reading. (Yes, I'll say it. Your reading of the Scripture don't make no sense. In this case)

However, I do like your suggestion of Jesus 'descending' into Mary's womb.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The concept of a "spiritual state" is also not found in the New Testament. It is more of a New Age mysticism concept. The Scripture says that the just shall live by faith. When we are saved and filled with the Spirit, we are not lifted up into some higher "spiritual state". In fact, our natural state remains unchanged.

Yes, we are given a new heart, and our spirit is indwelled by the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who makes Christ real to us and gives us wisdom, discernment and insight into the Scriptures.

Before conversion to Christ, we were dead in our trespasses and sins, and conversion brought the filling and indwelling of the Holy Spirit. We are not made "spiritually alive" in ourselves. It is the life of the Holy Spirit within us that has made us alive to God.

So there is no such thing as a "spiritual state" for a Christian believer. Either a person is in Christ or not. All those who are in Christ live by faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross. There is strong and weak faith depending on how much trust a person puts in God's promises in the Scripture.

But seeking for a higher "spiritual state" is departing from faith in God's Word to New Age occult mysticism and therefore Christ has no further value for him. His faith is no longer in Christ, but in himself and some kind of sensory perception that he has entered into some higher realm of spirituality, above the common herd of believers.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before conversion to Christ, we were dead in our trespasses and sins,
You were physically dead? No, you were spiritually dead, lost, not saved!

Luke 15:24 (NKJV)
24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' And they began to be merry.

Sure wasn't physically dead!

Reactions: GracePeace

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From Wikipedia:

"The phrase spiritual death is not found in Protestant scriptures, and definitions of the concept thus vary among Protestant Christians."

Spiritual death in Christianity - Wikipedia

I hereby formally submit to the entire Human Race that there is no such thing as 'Spiritual Death'.

Furthermore, any teachings on said phrase should be regarded as Heresy and rejected.

You have just been put on notice.

full

Prove me wrong.

full

So was Paul whistling in the wind when he wrote the God-breathed Scripture of Eph 2:1-3 (CSB):

And you were dead in your trespasses and sins 2 in which you previously walked according to the ways of this world, according to the ruler of the power of the air, the spirit now working in the disobedient. 3 We too all previously lived among them in our fleshly desires, carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts, and we were by nature children under wrath as the others were also.​

All human beings before coming to Christ were "dead in your trespasses and sins." That means we were carrying out the inclinations of our flesh and thoughts and "we were by nature children under wrath" - God's wrath.

"Spiritual death" is the language of biblical teaching from Eph 2:1-3.

Gen 2:17 (CSB) states: "But you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for on the day you eat from it, you will certainly die.” Did Adam and Eve die physically immediately? No. They were separated from God and were spiritually dead.

From what happened in the Garden, all of us who sin do not drop physically dead from those happenings. We are born spiritually dead, i.e. separated from God and spiritually dead.

The consequence is that we are ALL born physically dead. This comes from the fact that we have all inherited the sin nature and have to live with the consequences of original sin.

Oz

Reactions: mailmandan

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't beat anyone over the head with my views. Much of it is difficult to receive. I get that. It took me years to accept it.

So here is an example of being pre-condemned...

Matthew 23:15
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

Here is what I believe Jesus is teaching us...

The phrase 'Child of Hell' is literal. It is where we all are LITERALLY born from...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

The Lowest Parts of the Earth is Hell, yet it is a parable of the Womb. Jesus went there...

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Again, the Lower Parts of the Earth is the Womb. Jesus first descended into the Womb of Mary to be born into this world. See that? I bet you were 'told' differently.

In the case of Matthew 23:25, the original word is Gehenna, which is the Lake of Fire.

Note that the Proselyte is TWOFOLD the Child of Hell. This means he was not only born out of Gehenna once, but will have to go through the Lake of Fire yet again and become born of corruptible flesh.

And guess what? The same happened to all of us. We were thrown into the Lake of Fire in 'time past' when we were Children of Disobedience. We were then given another chance.

It is the 'another chance' part that Christians are kept from believing, yet a literal reading of the text reveals this plainly.

This is why the word 'Spiritual' is added. It is meant to throw off the Christians from discovering we had a 'past life'.

Consider this verse...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

How far back are we talking about here? A few years? What if Time Past meant BEFORE we were born? That is what I believe is being said.

TIME PAST = PAST LIFE

Boom! That is the elephant in the room Christians are not allowed to consider.

No one’s been in the lake of fire yet.

And the clear context of Ephesians 2:2 is not a past life and reincarnation, but the fact that they were once in this life, dead in sins, before being saved:

Eph 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for featuring the thread!

full

I will try to keep up with the responses.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are free to concoct whatever you wish, but you are simply denying what Scripture affirms. That is what a lot of cultists do.
Cool. @Enoch111 stopped by.

I know you will not agree, but I am glad you took the time to visit and post regardless.

Last edited:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, what's with this Adam and Even headed to the Lake of Fire malarkey, and the lake of fire began with the flaming sword, and Moloch is the Womb of Babylon the Great...
Hi @robert derrick

The following will be very difficult to receive...

Genesis teaches that Eve was not Adam's first Wife. No, Adam's first Wife was not Lilith. It was Ishshah...

Genesis 2:23
"And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

Most Bibles translates 'Ishshah' as 'Woman'. Regardless, the name Adam gave his first Wife was NOT Eve.

Note that whatever Adam called something, that was their name...

Genesis 2:19
"And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

in addition, Adam always named a creation immediately after it was created. Eve was not given her name until Genesis 3:20 because she was created much later.

Ask yourself...

What did Adam call his Wife before the Fall?
  • "Hey You"
  • "Yo Chick"
  • "Hey Toots"
If Eve was not named until much later, then something fishy is going on with what we have been told.

Here is what Scripture teaches...
  • God created a being called Adam on the Third Day.
  • God then created Ishshah.
  • Adam and Ishshah partook of the Forbidden Fruit
  • Adam and Ishshah DIED (physically and totally) that day
  • God then re-creates the couple on the Sixth Day
  • The re-created Adam gets the same name as before
  • The re-created Ishshah gets a NEW NAME
Here is the moment the first Adam and Ishshah died...

Genesis 3:6
"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

Boom! Adam and Ishshah are now DEAD. No pulse, no breath. They are toast. How do we know? God told us...

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Did God lie? Of course not. Again, Day means Day and Surely Die means Surely Die. No need to alter the text.

This is the FIRST DEATH.

Here is when Adam and Ishshah are RESURRECTED...

Genesis 3:7
"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

The 'opening of the Eyes' is what the Bible calls Resurrection of Damnation...

John 5:29
"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

What happens next? Judgement Day...

Genesis 3:16
"Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

Ishshah is sentenced to become Born Again of corruptible flesh. Unlike her previous incarnation, her new body will contain reproductive organs.

Adam and the Serpent are judged as well. Just like Ishshah, they too receive new bodies. Satan's new body will be a Serpent.

The bottom line here is that all three beings have now been REINCARNATED via the Hand of God...

Genesis 3:21
"Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

The Church loves to lie and say that God 'killed an animal' to clothe them. NONSENSE! God clothed them with the Skin and Flesh we have now...

Job 10:11
"Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews."

And now that God has created a NEW CREATURE, Adam once again has to name her...

Genesis 3:20
"And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; because she was the mother of all living."

Why the title of 'Mother of All Living'? Because again, Eve now has reproductive organs.

Adam and Eve are 'passed through the fire' of the Flaming Sword and Cherubim. This is the SECOND DEATH.

BTW, 'Surely Die' means 'Die Die' (Twice Dead).

I know I didn't cover everything, so let me know if you have any more questions.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfect! Good job @Rudometkin .

Many Christians believe that the so called 'Spiritual Death' came from Adam and Eve and the Fall of Man.

However, as I stated earlier, I believe that the phrase Spiritual Death should be changed to Twice Dead.

What this means is that after Adam and his Wife partook of the Forbidden Fruit, they became Twice Dead. In other words, they were to be sentenced to experience the Second Death. They were pre-condemned to the Lake of Fire.

In fact, the Lake of Fire began with the Cherubim and Flaming Sword. That is what they represented. Adam and Eve were 'passed through the fire'...

Leviticus 18:21
"And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."

They died twice. Literally. It is all there in Genesis.

BTW, Moloch represents the Womb of Mystery Babylon by which they were Born Again from.

Yes, Adam and his Wife were 'Born Again' of corruptible flesh.

The 'Born Again' part of John 3:6-7 that you posted refers to BOTH examples, not just one. Christians wrongly assume that Born Again applies only to the Glorified Body.

;)
I'm afraid your elephant has dropped a big one, so I won't allow it in my room.

You produced 2 errors out of two suppositions:
1. We were in time past is clearly and sensibly referring to our past life of sins, when we were children of disobedience but not anymore. This simple reading agrees with being from our sins that are past (Rom 3). Our past life of sins have been crucified with our past body of sin (Rom 6). We are not forgiven of our sins from a past life, nor is our body of sin from a past life.

"What if Time Past meant BEFORE we were born" True: time past means before we born again. 2 different lives, same mortal body.

Moreover, Paul's use of this phrase for himself is that of the 'time past' of his present lifetime, whether his conversion, what he had told the churches, and especially when he persecuted the church. And Peter nails you case shut when he said: "For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness..." Not time past of our lives.

Whenever Scripture refers to time past of different lifetime, it is also explicitly and plainly saying so, such God speaking to the prophets in time past of the fathers...

You have tried to apply such Scriptures to one that is in now way associated with them.

Nice try, but it don't fly.

Unless there is clear scriptural evidence, then all Scripture must be read in a common normal sense: common sense reading. (Yes, I'll say it. Your reading of the Scripture don't make no sense. In this case)

However, I do like your suggestion of Jesus 'descending' into Mary's womb.

True.

He’s taking scriptures about being dead in our sins in this life, before being born again, and claiming it’s reincarnation in the Bible.

Scripture says:

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

There is no reincarnation from a past life.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God breathed into the nostrils of Adam and he became a living soul.
I believe we are Tripartite Beings...
  • Body
  • Soul
  • Spirit
We know what Body is. It is our flesh.

Spirit is the Electromagnetism that 'quickens' and powers Life.

Our Soul however, is our GENOME. Our Soul contains the Genetic Information (A,C,G,T) that is necessary to create the Body. It survives Death.

Soul is Feminine BTW...

Psalms 34:2
"My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad."

That is what gets married to Jesus. Our Genome merges with his.

Anyhow, a Living Soul can mean a Soul that is made alive by the Spirit, yet has no 'Tabernacle' Body yet.

We will exist in that state once our Bodies pass away. We will be Soul and Spirit only until we receive our Glorified Body.

Long story short, Adam and his Wife were Soul and Spirit (Living Soul). They were given choices as to which parents they would like to incarnate from.

They chose Mystery Babylon (Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil) as Mom, and Satan (The Serpent) as Father.

The Forbidden Fruit was the Zygote they were conceived of.

Mystery Babylon and Satan are who we have as Earthly Parents!

Acts 13:10
"And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?"

^^^
That is LITERAL people.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved.
Thanks Curtis.

Let us review the first verse...

Ephesians 2:1
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins"

I believe the word 'dead' is a literal, previous physical death. Why?

The Key is understanding the word Quickened...

1 Corinthians 15:36
"Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die"

In order for something to be quickened, it must physically die first.

If you and I were quickened, then it means we had a past life. We died. We came back, just like the Seed analogy.

Again, quickening is reserved for bringing dead flesh back to life...

1 Peter 3:18
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit"