The phrase 'Spiritually Dead' is not in the Bible. Where do you get this from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:

"The phrase spiritual death is not found in Protestant scriptures, and definitions of the concept thus vary among Protestant Christians."

Spiritual death in Christianity - Wikipedia

I hereby formally submit to the entire Human Race that there is no such thing as 'Spiritual Death'.

Furthermore, any teachings on said phrase should be regarded as Heresy and rejected.

You have just been put on notice.

full

Prove me wrong.

full

"Prove me wrong." (your quote) Discussions of this nature should not be debated in a competitive manner. Considering this, I could not find any scriptures where the phrase "Spiritual death" was found. However, the implication is certainly evident. Consider these scriptures: Isaiah 26:14; Matthew 8:22; 22:32; Romans 6:11; Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13; Revelation 3:1; 14:13.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying that "Jesus died spiritually" is Satan calling Jesus a sinner!
Yep . JESUS NEVER DIED SPIRITUALLY . ONLY the physical body died .
The WORD of GOD cannot die , but endures FOREVER . NOW LET ALL THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .

Reactions: kcnalp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were all "spiritually dead".
Yes we were . Dead spiritually . WE were as IDOLS without true spiritual life .
OH but let the LORD be praised . FOR IN CHRIST WE ARE MADE ALIVE . SING TO THE LORD MY FRIENDS . SING , i say , UNTO THE LORD .

Reactions: kcnalp

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep . JESUS NEVER DIED SPIRITUALLY . ONLY the physical body died .
The WORD of GOD cannot die , but endures FOREVER . NOW LET ALL THAT HAS BREATH PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING .
When He took upon Himself the sins of the whole world to be provide Himself a burnt offering fro sins, His soul was separated from God as the price for sin:

After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.

He wasn't thirsting for natural water nor vinegar.

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

He remained in that state of separation, until He willingly gave up the ghost.

At that time, He had payed the full price in soul and body, and then being quickened by the Spirit once again, He descended by the Spirit to preach to them in prison. (1 Peter 3:18-19)

This is how the 2nd Adam was made a quickening Spirit. (1 Cor 15:45)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not give Adam and Eve bodies, when He made for them coats of skins.

There is always one simple Scripture to dispel any and all falsehoods about Scripture.

And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did the people think John The Baptist was Elijah?
Because like the original Elijah, John came to preach repentance and obedience towards the true God in a time where religious confusion existed due to false religion being widely practiced. And just like the original Elijah, John the Baptizer ended up in the cross hairs of the ruling class because a lot of his ministry involved calling the elites out by name for their wilfful offenses against God's laws.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How will you ever become spiritually alive? Unless being resurrected by Christ in being given the spirit? Without Christ, aren't you, me, whoever spiritually dead?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because like the original Elijah, John came to preach repentance and obedience towards the true God in a time where religious confusion existed due to false religion being widely practiced. And just like the original Elijah, John the Baptizer ended up in the cross hairs of the ruling class because a lot of his ministry involved calling the elites out by name for their wilfful offenses against God's laws.

Because scripture says Elijah will return, so they were looking for that to happen..

He can return because he never died

He returns as one of the two witnesses during the tribulation.