The phrase 'Spiritually Dead' is not in the Bible. Where do you get this from?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "naked" in Scripture means "shame" as in sin.

Although the Bible is silent about Adam and Eve not displaying any kind of repentance, we have to assume that they were saved in accordance with the language set forth in Isaiah 61:10:

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness..."

I thought of the above as the Holy Spirit led me while reading your post #80. Any comments is appreciated.

To God Be The Glory

Except the Bible says the righteous are given white robes by God, not that God makes us righteous by giving us white robes.

Righteousness comes by faith, repentance and receiving Jesus.

Shalom.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read Corinthians 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the

Psalms are songs David and Solomon wrote, they can and do use figurative language.

Albert Barnes explains about Psalm 71:

And shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth - As if he had been sunk in the waters, or in the mire. See Psa 130:1. The word here used means commonly “wave, billow, surge;” then, a mass of waters, “a flood,” the deep; then, a gulf, an abyss. The idea here is, that, instead of being on the mountain top, in a place of security, he had sunk down to the lowest point; he had, as it were, sunk “into” the very earth. Yet from that low estate he felt assured that God would raise him up, and place him in a condition of happiness and safety. This is one of the many instances which we have in the Psalms, where the psalmist in great trouble expresses the most entire confidence that God would interpose in his behalf.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because a phrase isn't found as such in scripture that doesn't mean that the topic wasn't discussed.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others." Ephesians 2:1-3
"And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross." Colossians 2:13-14

Their first mistake is using Wikipedia for biblical knowledge and understanding.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was a national and not an individual sin. And it could only happen when Jesus walked on the earth. Judgment for that sin was the diaspora that began in 70 AD- 135 AD.

There is also no evidence that they did not repent afterwards.

God covered them with skins to hide their nakedness. And god continued to use them to build mankind. We cannot say if God forgave them or not! The Bible doesn't and for us to draw a declared concusion is hubris and haughtiness.

What constitutes blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is definitive in scripture.

Jesus did all His works through the Dunamis power of the Holy Spirit Acts 10:38.

When He cast out a demon via the power of the HS, the Pharisees said He did it using the power of Satan, instead.

Then Jesus said blasphemy against God and Himself is forgivable, but not blasphemy against the HS.

Thus it would seem obvious that blasphemy of the HS, is claiming that a work done by the power of the HS is a work done by the power of Satan.

Reactions: amigo de christo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The poster who started this, cited Wikipedia saying that spiritual death is not found in scripture.
Sorry, didn't realize or remember the citation source (the latter is more likely.) Thanks for the response. I use wikipedia a lot to get an idea about foreign concepts and unknown names or biographies, but I find it difficult to comprehend the naivete of anyone who considers it or nearly any public sourced information on the internet reliable.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What constitutes blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is definitive in scripture.

Jesus did all His works through the Dunamis power of the Holy Spirit Acts 10:38.

When He cast out a demon via the power of the HS, the Pharisees said He did it using the power of Satan, instead.

Then Jesus said blasphemy against God and Himself is forgivable, but not blasphemy against the HS.

Thus it would seem obvious that blasphemy of the HS, is claiming that a work done by the power of the HS is a work done by the power of Satan.

No it is not obvious in the least. Scripture itself defines what constitutes the blasphemy.

Mark 3:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Because they said JESUS had an unclean spirit.

Luke 11: 15 But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

Because they said JESUS casted out a demon by beelzebub.

Matt. 12:

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

This one requires a little more explanation to understand. The Pharisees had taught for a long time that only messiah WHEN he COMES COULD DO THREE PARTICULAR MIRACLES (CALLED MESSIANIC MIRACLES)

1. Healing of a man born blind- John 9
2. Healing Jewish Lepers- Mark 1:40 (Jesus then gave authority for the disciples to heal lepers)
3. Casting out of a demon from one deaf and dumb Matt. 12.

When Jesus cast out the demon, He had done all three of the Messianic Miracles- so that the people turned to the Pharisess and rhetorically asked if Jesus was the Messiah (Son of David) They expected a yes because they had been taught only Messiah could do all three. Instead they accuse jesus of being demon possessed.

this is when Jesus revokes the offer of the kingdom to that generation of Israel , issues Judgment against the nation and then His ministry focused more on training the apostles for the church and hiding the truth from Israel by public teahing in parables (Matt. 13:

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

What most people do not learn is what caused Jesus to change His ministry and why. The answer is the blasphemy of the spirit! That can only be done when Jesus walked on earth! The bible clearly defines it as Jesus performing miracles by being possessed.

YOu will not find any verse about the blasphemy apart from the Pharisees accusing Jesus Himself as demon possessed and reffering to believers being possessed if they perform a miracle.

Reactions: marks and kcnalp

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:

"The phrase spiritual death is not found in Protestant scriptures, and definitions of the concept thus vary among Protestant Christians."

Spiritual death in Christianity - Wikipedia

I hereby formally submit to the entire Human Race that there is no such thing as 'Spiritual Death'.

Furthermore, any teachings on said phrase should be regarded as Heresy and rejected.

You have just been put on notice.

full

Prove me wrong.

full
Try reading the Bible- look for where it says we WERE DEAD IN OUR SINS in Ephesians 2.

We weren’t physically dead before salvation - obviously it was spiritual death, which means being separated from God, that was the state we were in.

You’re welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading the Bible- look for where it says we WERE DEAD IN OUR SINS in Ephesians 2.

We weren’t physically dead before salvation - obviously leaving spiritual death, which means being separated from God, as the state we were in.

You’re welcome.
Thank you for demonstrating the process of reasoning from scripture. Far too many professing Christians try to force scripture to conform to their flawed understanding and willfully disrespect God in the process.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reincarnation is truly Satanic! When people end up in Hell "forever and ever" they will realize Satan duped them into thinking they will have another chance. Nope!

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From Wikipedia:

"The phrase spiritual death is not found in Protestant scriptures, and definitions of the concept thus vary among Protestant Christians."

Spiritual death in Christianity - Wikipedia

I hereby formally submit to the entire Human Race that there is no such thing as 'Spiritual Death'.

Furthermore, any teachings on said phrase should be regarded as Heresy and rejected.

You have just been put on notice.

full

Prove me wrong.

full

I would say there is a concept of:
Spiritual Death.

1) pertaining to humans;
Humans have a "natural spirit".
(It is their "natural truth" in their heart's thoughts)
The act of a human, (being crucified with Christ), is a Spiritual act. Spiritual bodily death, and death of the "natural spirit"...
That God, "rebirths', with His SEED, thus the saying, 'BORN AGAIN'. (New spirit of man, changes from, born of mans seed and "natural truth", to being born of Gods SEED, and "Gods truth".
Being precisely what IS born again IS a mans natural spirit.

2) pertaining to angelic created spirits;
They are not appointed to a physical death.
They (who reject God);
Their appointment is a Spiritual Death of forever Separation from God.

God Bless,
Taken

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then what is all this talk of being born AGAIN? (You must realize that "again" is at odds with once)
In the same way that we enter the natural world by being born into it, the only way to enter the kingdom of God is to be born into it.

Joh 3:1-8
There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. (2) This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him." (3) Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (4) Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" (5) Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (7) Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' (8) The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."