The Problem with 2 Peter 1:1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, a "created" Jesus is a WTS heresy, borrowed from the heresiarch Arius from the 3rd century. The WTS butchers dictionaries as well as Scripture to support their deceptions.
I don't subscribe to the concept that Jesus is a created being.

It just doesn't follow my reading of Scripture.

Reactions: Scott Downey

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK...keeping it real....

I disagree....I believe that God is the one who chooses us as much as we think we are choosing him.
Only God can open eyes of understanding....and he will only do that if he sees a meek and teachable heart.
Goodness gracious Jane. You make no sense.

I said, "It takes MAN to interpret His word." and you go on to disagree with me but then go on to say that God is the one who chooses us AND He is the one who opens our eyes of understanding.

Can you not see how you are agreeing with me but then say you disagree??? o_O

WHO does God choose if not a (hu)MAN? WHO's eyes are being opened if not a (hu)MAN's???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was our role model (1 Peter 2:21)....he underwent full immersion baptism because of what it symbolised. All Christians are to follow his lead.
He was illustratively “dying” to his former course of life, and rising from the water to do the will of his Father. It wasn’t to wash away sins, since it is “the blood of Christ” that cleanses us from sin. (1 John 1:7) Full immersion baptism was a symbolic death and resurrection. What does a mere sprinkling achieve?
Not true!! No where at no point does Scripture EVER say that Jesus or anyone else "underwent full immersion baptism". That is why the debate rages on...because it is not in Scripture. Previously you asked the question, "Using just the Bible can a trinity be proven?". Well, the same criteria holds true for you false "immersion" belief: Using just the Bible can a immersion be proven? The answer is NO!

So do tell me Jane: You reject the Trinity, which can't be "proven" using the bible BUT you accept immersion, which ALSO can't be proven using the bible. Can you not see your dilemma?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true.....it is part of the lies involved with the counterfeit church. Man had little to do with the production of the Bible. All they did was compile what was already written. Not a word of scripture was written by the compilers. And that is one of the main reasons why there is no extra-biblical “scripture”. Nothing needs to be added.
o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O Oh goodness.....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since “few” are on the road to life....citing a majority would be like pointing to the Jews in Jesus’ day and saying that they were right and that Jesus was a fake Messiah who deserved to die....

History is repeating and the “majority”who identify as “Christian” will be left wondering why they were not corrected. Why didn’t God correct the Jews?

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12 speaks of the “lawlessness” that was already overtaking the Christian Faith, but was restrained by the presence of the apostles. But once that restraint was removed, apostasy would overtake the “wheat”, like “weeds” always do. The lies then became the truth for “the church”.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one who restrains it will continue to do so until he is removed.

Then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him by the breath of his mouth and destroy him by the splendor of his coming. His coming will be the work of Satan made manifest in all power and signs and wonders of falsehood, and in every wicked deception designed for those who are perishing because they refused to accept the love of the truth and thereby gain salvation. For this reason, God imposes on them a powerful delusion. They believe what is false, so that all who have not believed the truth but instead have taken pleasure in wickedness will be condemned.”
(NCB)

What is this “lawlessness” that we keep hearing about? The same one that causes Jesus to reject those who practise it. (Matthew 7:21-23) The things that cause Jesus to say “I NEVER KNEW YOU”.
The apostasy was not something that was to happen way into the future...it was already starting back in the first century.....so gradually did the false teachings creep in, that the ‘majority’ hardly noticed.
Hold on Jane, Hold on...

So your men have taught you that “lawlessness” was creeping into the Christian Faith during the time of the Apostles (of which I agree) and the only men on earth that could restrain this lawlessness were the Apostles (Of which I agree). But once the last Apostle died, a little over 1,900 years ago, "lawlessness" broke out in Christianity. There was NO ONE on earth that could stop this lawlessness? Not even the students of the Apostles OR the men that the Apostles selected to lead individual Churches?

Soooooo at what point did all the Truth that Jesus taught the Apostles start to disappear? Right after the death of John? Right after the deaths of the men that were hand picked by the Apostles to teach everyone else the Truth? And where is your evidence of your theory?

Let me see if I understand you correctly: YOUR MEN who hold/teach the anti-Trinitarian doctrine are teaching the Truth since they are not 'lawless'? Everyone else was/is lawless, but not your men who teach what YOU have accepted as the Truth? Does that mean that you agree with EVERY doctrine your men teach? I mean after all...if they have been given the Truth on the Trinity thing then surely they have been given the truth on everything else. Right?

You are right about one thing. Gradually false teachings did creep into Christianity. And Arius's taught one of those "false teachings"! The Church fought against his false teaching and the majority of the men of The Church declared him a heretic. However, according to what you have been taught, the majority was clearly lawless and Arius wasn't......o_O Everyone was a false teacher EXCEPT Arius!!!

Keeping it real...Mary

Reactions: Illuminator