The role of the Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha! nope, terrible at them usually :)

I would have thought that you had the right kind of mind...
Mine can only go in a straight line...yours seems to be able to 'see around corners.'

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I would have thought that you had the right kind of mind...
Mine can only go in a straight line...yours seems to be able to 'see around corners.'
ah well ty, but that is mostly an illusion that manifests here bc i already bumped into that wall or something lol. There is no time pressure either, something about that. the perfect solution usually comes to me after the moment irl too! The parking lot numbers upside down thing, that little kids can get? nope. i think the first example of that one i saw even had a car parked in one slot, and i still missed it lol. pissed me off actually :D

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So tongues without interpretation is certainly not needed when that promise about the Holy Spirit making silent intercessions for each of us is truth.
Everything that God gives is "very good" and is most certainly needed by the anyone for which it was intended.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this "person" of the Holy Spirit is a bunch of polytheistic Roman yack imo
Speaking of the person of God or of the Holy Spirit can certainly be confusing unless we have more than one definition for the word "person". I would not have a similar problem speaking of the man, Jesus, but that is a little different. Perhaps the difference is some of the early impressions made...?

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is Spirit. The Holy Spirit IS God. Jesus is also God. He claimed if you have seen Him then you HAVE already seen the Father. God is Spirit and He is holy, as He Himself has said. Super doctrines like the trinity were not pulled out of thin air.
Herein is a problem with discussing the Holy Spirit. Presumptions may be made with regard to what God is or is not. Some do not embrace a Trinity, so then off we go on another tangent. Is it important?

What is a "super doctrine"? Do the scriptures support or even discuss such a doctrine?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am glad that it is just "your opinion" Mark.
Our family actually did meet the queen back in the early 60's ...a person cannot un-meet someone once they have met them.
But... meeting is not the same as knowing, is it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to admit; I haven't figured him out yet either, LoL.
Well, I for one look forward to reading many of his posts. Sometimes they are over my head, but that's OK as well. He is searching always. He is a believer, but exactly in what is a point raised by some of his posts and his questions, I believe. Is there anything of our set of beliefs/doctrines so solidly fixed as if in concrete that we cannot seriously question them? How else can some of our errors ever be corrected? Do we presume we know which ones are right and which ones are not?

How many Christians denomination are there now?

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us "not to frustrate the Holy Spirit." How can you frustrate an "It"?
Am I correct in thinking that the subject here is now pronouns? Neutral versus feminine versus masculine or even someplace else when the gender is in doubt or in flux? Where are we, the believers in Christ, heading?
Help us dear Lord!

Small Fish

Aug 18, 2018
Boksburg
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"...the Gospel emphasizes that the Holy Spirit, as Parakletos [paravklhto"], is "sent" from the Father."
The bible shows me that the Holy Spirit has several roles- John 14:15-27, John 16:5-15, Romans 8:1-17, Galatians 5:16-26. Do you believe that the Holy Spirit must first "woo" us into the Truth before we could come to faith in Christ? Is His Spirit poured out on ALL people? If not, do you a have a scripture to prove it true or false?
If one were to choose His most important role-in our lives, as believers, what would you pick? :) Feel free to give an opinion on one or all of these questions...just curious where everybody stands on the issue of The Holy Spirit...one more thing, I hope nobody here will refer to God's H.S. as an "it"...He's a person! Lol...kk ♥
-nancy
He leads us into all Truth. It's the Spirit of Truth that reveals to us Christ in us. Justification through faith makes way for sanctification. Sanctification through the Blood makes way for the baptism of the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Ghost makes way for Christ Himself in our hearts. This is the revelation of the Son of Man at the last days. In that day you will know that I'm in the Father, the Father in Me, I in you and you in Me.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I for one look forward to reading many of his posts. Sometimes they are over my head, but that's OK as well. He is searching always. He is a believer, but exactly in what is a point raised by some of his posts and his questions, I believe. Is there anything of our set of beliefs/doctrines so solidly fixed as if in concrete that we cannot seriously question them? How else can some of our errors ever be corrected? Do we presume we know which ones are right and which ones are not?

I have no problem with questioning solidly fixed beliefs. I just occasionally have a problem getting a solid fix on what in the world he's trying to say, LoL.

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen John...me too :)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is a real person of the God head. He's wonderful!

In dreams He's shown me so much. Spoken so much and is always near.

"never see yourself as separate from me" He told me not too long ago, so I don't. He's with me every step. Those not filled with Him can never experience the closeness.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this "person" of the Holy Spirit is a bunch of polytheistic Roman yack imo
I am not for certain but this comment has a hint of blasphemy in it and it may not be your intent but it is a serious issue with our Abba, Father in how we treat Him....the Holy Spirit is very sensitive and the Bible says do not grieve the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 4:30-31 New International Version (NIV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.

This is a good testimony written.....I hope it helps..

Do Not Grieve the Holy Spirit!
January 5, 2017
And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. — Ephesians 4:30

Many years ago, when I first studied the word “grieve” in Ephesians 4:30, I ran to my bookshelf and pulled out my Greek New Testament to discover exactly what the word “grieve” meant. I found that this word was taken from the Greek word lupete. This surprised me, because the word lupete is from the word lupe, which denotes a pain or grief that can only be experienced between two people who deeply love each other.

This word lupe would normally be used to picture a husband or wife who has discovered his or her mate has been unfaithful. As a result of this unfaithfulness, the betrayed spouse is shocked, devastated, hurt, wounded, and grieved because of the pain that accompanies unfaithfulness.

This tells us, first of all, that the relationship that exists between us and the Holy Spirit is precious! The Holy Spirit is deeply in love with us. Just as someone in love thinks about, dreams of, and cherishes the one he loves, the Holy Spirit longs for us, thinks about us, desires to be close to us, and wants to reveal Himself to us.

But when we act like the world, talk like the world, behave like the world, and respond the same way the world does, we cause the Spirit of God to feel shock, hurt, and grief. You see, when we deliberately do what is wrong, we drag Him right into the mire of sin with us, because He lives in us and goes wherever we go.

The Holy Spirit convicted us of sin and brought us to Jesus; then He indwelt us, sanctified us, empowered us, and faithfully remains alongside to help us. So when we deliberately enter into sin, it grieves Him. Just as a husband or wife would feel who has just discovered that his or her spouse has committed adultery, the Holy Spirit is shocked when we dishonor His Presence in our lives.

One scholar has translated Ephesians 4:30 in the following way:

“Stop deeply wounding and causing such extreme emotional pain to the Spirit of God, by whom you have been sealed until the day of your redemption.”

We need to realize how precious the Holy Spirit is in our lives and honor Him by making sure we live holy and upright lives. If our behavior has been wrong, we should confess our sin and receive cleansing by the blood of Jesus so we can be restored to fellowship with the Spirit of God.

So before you get started with your daily duties today, stop and ask, “Holy Spirit, is there anything in my life that causes You grief? If there is, please reveal it to me so I can change.”

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is my constant friend. God, not you, is my judge. You should be baptized in the Holy Spirit friend. I discern your distance and abnormal fear. I fear God yes. But I don't cringe from an expected blow.

I've been saved and baptized with the wonderful Holy Spirit and speaking in the Heavenly language He gave me for over 40 years and have learned some things. No not all but He is always here with me and I don't have to hunt Him down. He's not waiting with a heavenly fly swatter to hit me. I'd have been dead long ago.

God the Holy Spirit wants us to be real with Him and not in a cloak of religion eh?

Psalm 62:8
Question;
Dear H2S, do not denominations teach against the baptism in the Holy Spirit and His gifts? What does your denomination teach? Is not that offensive and grieving to God?

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is my constant friend. God, not you, is my judge. You should be baptized in the Holy Spirit friend. I discern your distance and abnormal fear. I fear God yes. But I don't cringe from an expected blow.

I've been saved and baptized with the wonderful Holy Spirit and speaking in the Heavenly language He gave me for over 40 years and have learned some things. No not all but He is always here with me and I don't have to hunt Him down. He's not waiting with a heavenly fly swatter to hit me. I'd have been dead long ago.

God the Holy Spirit wants us to be real with Him and not in a cloak of religion eh?

Psalm 62:8
Question;
Dear H2S, do not denominations teach against the baptism in the Holy Spirit and His gifts? What does your denomination teach? Is not that offensive and grieving to God?

Eh? not sure what point you are trying to make.....I do believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit...absolutely with all my heart and soul....If your remark in discerning my distance and abnormal fear is directed at me then your discerning gift missed it by a long shot.....
I have felt the grief of the Holy Spirit it is heavy and hard to bear at times....well anyway....I certainly won't argue with you on what you believe....that's what we do here....we all share what we believe....sometimes we have differences in beliefs but I try to be acceptable of others beliefs...…

Okay,God Bless and Keep you.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have an abnormal fear of Him it will prevent us drawing near to Him. Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to help us not to await our failures.

He has chastened and scourged me sore and I know what God is capable of. We, like Jesus, learn obedience through the things we suffer.

But He is my constant friend and near companion which is what He wants from us. No father wants his child to shrink away in terror.

It takes a long time to get to know more about Him. Any relationship takes time. You don't grow close to a person in a short while neither God. It takes years of interaction. He knows what to expect from us but we have to learn what He is expecting from us.

Job 33:7 KJVS
Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee.