The Significance of the 144,000

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
The significance of the 144,000 is a description of a pocket of (Christ believing) people which will survive the wrath of Satan. During the GT (according to Rev 13), the AC will direct the world authorities to systematically execute all who refuse to take "the Mark." Rev 7 & 14 description of The 144,000 shows that they are believers in Christ and will still be physically alive at Christ's advent.

IMO, the group identified as the 144,000 will be the only "Christians" that will physically survive to Christ's advent. The rest of Christendom will have been martyred during the GT.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Guy, Well that is one opinion. Another would be that they aren't the church at all but Israelites from the 12 tribes mentioned in Rev. 7 and they will serve as the priesthood in Christ's millennial kingdom.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Trekson said:
Hi Guy, Well that is one opinion. Another would be that they aren't the church at all but Israelites from the 12 tribes mentioned in Rev. 7 and they will serve as the priesthood in Christ's millennial kingdom.
You MUST be born again! That goes for Jews and Gentiles and the 12 tribes are of Jew and Gentile natural mothers yet born again from above to our spiritual mother heavenly Jerusalem by the Holy Spirit of God and one Father just as the original 12 were.
The holy ones are all still alive because the have the seal of God upon them and will be the holy body of Christ who were found worthy because they follow the Word, know the song. They will be in the IMAGE(attributes of the Word) of Christ knowing the Word of God VERY WELL. They will be joined to the bride as a holy nation born in one day. All others who were not chosen but confessed Jesus' death burial and resurrection shall be the saved nations that will either survive the GT or come back in the GWTJ after the 1,000 ys of the earths rest, when the new earth is created.

Isa 66:6-10
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before(caught up) she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
KJV
Rev 12:1-6
12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The rest of the woman's offspring remain on the earth for the last half of the 7 yrs for the Great Tribulation for they were not ready at his coming for a HOLY BODY.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
KJV

Here is where the MAN CHILD(SON'S OF GOD) marry the Bride which is heavenly Jerusalem that shall come down to earth after the 1,000 yr reign where the Man Child rules and reigns with a rod of iron with Christ the head of the body.
The actions of the saints are the white gown(purity) and some have been tried as her jewels, gold and silver and precious stones.

Isa 62:4-5
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzi-bah, and thy land Beulah: for the LORD delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
KJV

Rev 22:17
17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
KJV

The Almighty is God over ALL THE WORLD but He must have a people for HIMSELF who are equipped with His Word in their mouth to keep mankind in rememberance of Him and His Word for Peace on earth. That is why the Jews were scattered from time to time, to hopefully raise the standards of man.
When the Word of God is absent in the world, men go crazy, diseased, kill, murder, hate, immoral, degenates for they have lost their way to the good things in life which come by obedeince to God's Word that teaches us to walk in the Word of righteousness, true love, integrity and good character so that men can live goodly lives. Sin is the reason for all of our WOE'S in life.
We must stay in repentence and turn from them and teach others to do the same. The Womb is about to be shut, the Door is almost closed. As in the days of Noah, the scoffers are going about the business, making their future plans and when the Door/Womb is shut by God, no more can enter in the ARK of our covenant which is Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life, for no body can come to the Father but by receiving His Word FIRST!
Blessings

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
The significance of the 144,000 is a description of a pocket of (Christ believing) people which will survive the wrath of Satan. During the GT (according to Rev 13), the AC will direct the world authorities to systematically execute all who refuse to take "the Mark." Rev 7 & 14 description of The 144,000 shows that they are believers in Christ and will still be physically alive at Christ's advent.

IMO, the group identified as the 144,000 will be the only "Christians" that will physically survive to Christ's advent. The rest of Christendom will have been martyred during the GT.
guysmith
I will agree with one thing you said ..... that the church is not here (on earth) during that time.
I come to that conclusion because in Rev 9 everyone on earth is accounted for
-144,000 are sealed
-1/3 of mankind has been killed
-2/3 remain
The 2/3 that remain ... did not stop worshiping demons , nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts ...... this obviously cannot be the church ... the church is absent.

I do not agree that the 144,000 are a simply a "Pocket of christians" who survive ..... the 144,000 are obviously chosen and sealed by God for a special purpose during that time.

-----------------------------------

afaithfulone4u

What the heck are you talking about ? ...... please explain in your own words ... without pasting half the bible as a smokescreen ... thanks

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
And another is that the 144,000 are 12,000 from each of the tribes named that are converted during the Great Tribulation.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said they weren't converts or born again, however at the time of their sealing, they may not be full blown christians yet. I expect they'll spend some of the 1260 days in hiding learning about Christ and the gospel.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, John_8:32 and Trekson.

Guys, you would do yourself a HUGE favor if you would just come to realize that "Christians" (I think "believers" is a better word, specified as "Gentile or non-Isra'eli believers") are a SUBSET of Isra'el, not the other way around! These 144,000 Messianic Isra'elis, "Isra'eli believers," have already accepted Yeshua` as their Messiah (Christ)! Stop fitting them into your mold! Gentile believers are NOT the epitome of God's work! Just as Messianic Jews today are fully Jewish and do not count themselves among the more nebulous term "Christian," so these 144,000 Messianic Isra'elis also do not have to consider themselves as "Christian!" In fact, the term today is OFFENSIVE to them because of the history of "Christians" in Europe and Asia! We are grafted into the OLIVE TREE, not vice versa!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Retro, Your post is an excellent example of Messianic apologetics (including the one on the "He" topic). However, what they believe is their greatest asset is in reality their greatest failure. Before Christ, they may have had "bragging" rights, but after their rejection of Christ, they will never have that right of DNA again.

Your words: "In fact, the term (christian) today is OFFENSIVE to them because of the history of "Christians" in Europe and Asia!"

Imo, they ought to grow up and thank God every day for Christians. If it weren't for God using "christians", they would not have attained nor maintained nationhood status. They really have some nerve being upset over "christian" wrongdoings centuries ago when it was they who were the first to "hound" and persecute christians. Saul was only one of many and he and the disciples were mainly persecuted by the "Jewish" authorities. The word "Christian" has only one meaning and that is to be "Christ-like". If they have a problem being like Christ than they may not be as Messianic as they think they are.

Acts 11:26 - "...And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." It was the "Jewish" believers who were called "christians" first and they were proud to wear that title.

Your words: "if you would just come to realize that "Christians" (I think "believers" is a better word, specified as "Gentile or non-Isra'eli believers") are a SUBSET of Isra'el, not the other way around."

This attitude here is what I have most against those who call themselves Messianics. Christianity is in no way shape or form a "subset" of Israel! The whole concept is contrary to the bible and is laughable to the extant they have made a new extreme level of conceit.

This is where they get it all wrong. Christians are not "joined" into the Jewish family. The olive tree is not made of DNA, it's made of FAITH. Rom. 2:28-29 - "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." and Rom. 4:11-12 - "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised."

As I've said before, christians are NOT joint-heirs with Israel, we are joint-heirs with Christ! Rom. 8:17 - "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."

If they truly want to know God then they must abandon their "Jewish" heritage just as Gentiles abandon their national heritage to become part of the "family of God". Let there be no mistake, being Israeli is no guarantee of membership into the family of God. That membership can only be attained through the faith and acceptance of who Christ was and what He did on the cross for us and whether they like the term or not, if they have done so than that makes them "christians"! So, instead of being "offended" by the term, they, like the rest of us, would do better by trying to bring honor and glory to that "title". As Paul taught in Gal. 3:28 - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Even in the millennium, the righteous remnant of Israel will only consist of those who call Christ Lord and Savior. If they don't do or haven't done that than regardless of the DNA, they will join the rest of the goats. When "all" of Israel is "saved" it will only be because "all" that is "left" of Israel will have acknowledged Christ as Lord, Savior and Messiah!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I'd like to add my 2cents to the topic.
When a gentile is grafted in He is not graphed into a 13 tribe but God places him with-in the symbolic "spiritual" body of the Israel. He in effect becomes a member of a tribe. A tribe not of flesh but of the promise given to Abraham, an unconditional promise, that promise was latter fully realized in the new convent, it as well being unconditional, in the sense of bloodlines and works but rather a matter of the heart and realization "illumination" of the truth. The promise to Abraham was not exclusively to what would become the Hebrew nation but first unto them and then unto the nations. God was relatively silent from the flood to Abraham but His intention in Gem 3 was clear, restoration of all of mankind all of the children of A&E. And when the LORD had made his choice in whom He would manifest this promise He chose Abram. God has so chosen to use this name Israel and tribes of 12 as well as His capital name, He established Jerusalem as representing the place of His throne it will always be known as the true tree and root that was established from the beginning, the foundation of the world and of the very heavens. Threw the years the promise was followed threw the ages of Jacob to Moses , David unto the Jesus. It is the story of God manifesting Himself, making know His ways and precepts, demonstrating to all mankind that He and He alone is the creator God and their is no other. He himself not sparing the natural branches but cutting of those not worthy of the heavenly name Israel, though they bore the name of Abraham.

To the 144,000 I see no other way to describe this number other than both natural born Jews and nu-natural gentiles "worldly terms" meaning saved and unsaved. God uses the terms and natural manifestation of Israel and applies it to all that are of the kingdom of God. Because John is speaking of a very elect group of believers, they follow the Lamb were ever He goes. Some of you may have picked up on the teaching in Matthew about the sheep and the goats, then as Jesus has separated the two He refers to a third group "and If you have done unto one of these My brethren".
These are in my opinion, are those that have done as Paul said, run the race to finish, forsaking all following onward in every way to become a brother being fully connected to the head which is Christ, no longer being called "a" sheep of His hand. This is something over looked in today's church theology, the church IMO is the sheep pen learning the voice of the Good shepherd and being transformed into a shepherd ourselves. So it is these that I believe are those that follow the Lamb where ever He goes the 144000, and I do believe it will be both Jew and Gentile for these are those that have over come and are called brothers. In the last days, and even today as we see the population of earth reaching 7 billion 7,000,000,000 144,000 is a rather small number 1 in 48,611,111 "few" and that is exactly what the Spirit testifies to me, I find few that I would call a brother, I take and use the term very seriously. When I complement someone and embrace in words as on few occasions I have done on this forum as well as in the flesh it is always in this highest reguard. And my sternness in handling the word or what is seen as un-loving is in reality keeping the flock together, Sheep don't see it the same way, there's lots of baaing and crying. Do you know I heard a long time ago that shepherds who had sheep that would continually stray would in fact break a leg on the animal, in doing so preventing it from straying and being lost forever. Those of you that have grown up learning not to resent or resist the hand of correction may know what I'm talking about. For the Lord disciplines those He loves as a father disciplines his child.

Surly you notice that discipline and disciple are nearly the same word.

"And if your eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire."

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Trekson.

Trekson said:
Hi Retro, Your post is an excellent example of Messianic apologetics (including the one on the "He" topic). However, what they believe is their greatest asset is in reality their greatest failure. Before Christ, they may have had "bragging" rights, but after their rejection of Christ, they will never have that right of DNA again.
Fooey, it's not about a "right of DNA," brother! It's about FAMILY!!! And, "FAMILY" extends BEYOND mere "DNA!" After all, Yeshua` Himself is a perfect example! His mother Miryam was from Daviyd but not from Shlomo! She was from Daviyd's son whose name was "Natan" ("Nathan", Luke 3:23-31)! Furthermore, His ADOPTED father, Yosef, was from Shlomo, and God passed down the right of Daviyd's dynasty through him (Matthew 1:1-17)!

And, it is the pigheadedness of know-it-all "Christians" (in name only) that engender the opinion that "after their rejection of Christ, they will never have that right of DNA again"! What do you think brought on the anti-semitism of the late first and second centuries?! "KILL THE JEWS! THEY'RE CHRIST-KILLERS!"

Trekson said:
Your words: "In fact, the term (christian) today is OFFENSIVE to them because of the history of "Christians" in Europe and Asia!"

Imo, they ought to grow up and thank God every day for Christians. If it weren't for God using "christians", they would not have attained nor maintained nationhood status. They really have some nerve being upset over "christian" wrongdoings centuries ago when it was they who were the first to "hound" and persecute christians. Saul was only one of many and he and the disciples were mainly persecuted by the "Jewish" authorities. The word "Christian" has only one meaning and that is to be "Christ-like". If they have a problem being like Christ than they may not be as Messianic as they think they are.

Acts 11:26 - "...And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch." It was the "Jewish" believers who were called "christians" first and they were proud to wear that title.
First, notice: I did NOT say that it was offensive to ME. I should have been more specific. It's not Messianic Believers, who are indeed "Christians," who find the term "Christian" offensive. It is the REST of the Jewish (Isra'eli) family who finds the term offensive because of the Inquisitions, the Crusades, the Pogroms, the Holocaust, etc., most of which went on under the name of "Christ," condoning and even encouraging the push for the irradication of the Jews! "Thank God every day for Christians"? THEY'RE AFRAID OF US! THEY'RE AFRAID OF THE NAME OF "CHRIST" BECAUSE OF "CHRISTIANS!" Such was NOT meant to be! We are to have that "middle wall of partition" BROKEN DOWN! We are to be Jews and Gentiles worshipping God together! We Messianic Jews have to break through that barrier when we witness to our brothers and sisters! That's why we go back to calling Him "Yeshua` haMashiach!" "Yeshua`" was not only the Master's given name, but it doesn't sound anything like "Jesus." (Or, rather, "Jesus" as it's pronounced today doesn't sound anything like "Yeshua`!") And, if they've studied their own prophecies, they know about haMashiach, the Messiah, for it is in them that He was prophesied to come!

They CAN learn about the true Messiah, and they ARE learning about Him ... by the THOUSANDS! But, it is NO thanks to them who call themselves "Christians" and COP AN ATTITUDE! READ this and UNDERSTAND it:

Romans 11:28-32
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (God does NOT renig on His promises!)
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
KJV

You sound like a bully! "They should be GRATEFUL we kicked their feet out from under them! We gave them a hand up, didn't we?"

Get your hands on a copy of the Zion Chronicles series by Bodie and Brock Thoene. Although it is a fictional series, it is well-researched and based on the facts of the birth of the nation of Isra'el. In them, you will learn the REAL story of how the British and the Americans treated the fledgling nation, Isra'el. It was NOT pretty!

Did you know that the original Balfour Declaration called for the Jews to be given BOTH SIDES of the Jordan River, including the whole Sinai peninsula?! That whole land was under the control of the British after they defeated the Ottoman Empire. Then, they were going to divide it equally so that the Jews got the western half and the Arabs got the eastern half. Then, they gave the Egyptians the Sinai. Then, they gave the Syrians the Golan Heights. Then, more recently, the Isra'elis gave away the Gaza Strip, and now the "Palestinians" (falsely so-called) want them to give away the West Bank?! Do you know how many towns in the "West Bank" territory are towns of Isra'el mentioned in the Tanakh (the Old Testament)?! The "West Bank" is what the Scriptures call the "Mountains of Isra'el!"

Don't give me that "they aught to be grateful" garbage! They've had to struggle and fight for every foothold! And, it has been GOD who gave them what they have today, not the British and not the Americans!

The term "Christian" (Greek: "Christianos") is the DIMINUTIVE form of "Christ" (Greek: "Christos"). It doesn't mean "Christ-like"; it means "little Christ!" It was a derogatory slur that the early "Christians" embraced and adopted! And, yes, the first century believers, who were Isra'eli, DID wear the slur proudly as they chose to suffer with Christ! Did that make them any less Isra'eli?

Trekson said:
Your words: "if you would just come to realize that "Christians" (I think "believers" is a better word, specified as "Gentile or non-Isra'eli believers") are a SUBSET of Isra'el, not the other way around."

This attitude here is what I have most against those who call themselves Messianics. Christianity is in no way shape or form a "subset" of Israel! The whole concept is contrary to the Bible and is laughable to the extent they have made a new, extreme level of conceit.

This is where they get it all wrong. Christians are not "joined" into the Jewish family. The olive tree is not made of DNA, it's made of FAITH. Rom. 2:28-29 - "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." and Rom. 4:11-12 - "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised."

As I've said before, christians are NOT joint-heirs with Israel, we are joint-heirs with Christ! Rom. 8:17 - "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together."
I've had to walk away and simmer down before writing this; I was seeing RED! You DON'T know what you're talking about! After thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it's just because you just don't know any better. You've been taught wrongly, and you have come to embrace a false teaching through no fault of your own. So, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Again, it's not about "DNA" or about "faith!" It's all about FAMILY! Why would Paul say that those who have faith in God through Yeshua` are "SONS of Avraham"?! Why would he say that "he is a Jew, which is one inwardly"? Are you not then a "Jew?" Are you not then a "son of Avraham?" THINK!!! These words, these verses, don't ANNUL the relationship we have with the Patriarchs! They STRENGTHEN it! Furthermore, they open up that relationship for ANYONE, just as the trunk of a tree can support the branches of that tree, whether natural branches (that grew there through genetics, the "DNA" you denounce) or graffed branches spliced into the tree! So what if you are "in Christ" or "in the Messiah?" Isn't the Messiah in Daviyd? Isn't the Messiah in Avraham? Like it or not, if you are part of the Messiah, you are part of Isra'el! You are part of the FAMILY! "Contrary to the Bible"? I don't know anything that more ADHERES to the Bible!

Trekson said:
If they truly want to know God then they must abandon their "Jewish" heritage just as Gentiles abandon their national heritage to become part of the "family of God". Let there be no mistake, being Israeli is no guarantee of membership into the family of God. That membership can only be attained through the faith and acceptance of who Christ was and what He did on the cross for us and whether they like the term or not, if they have done so than that makes them "christians"! So, instead of being "offended" by the term, they, like the rest of us, would do better by trying to bring honor and glory to that "title". As Paul taught in Gal. 3:28 - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus."

Even in the millennium, the righteous remnant of Israel will only consist of those who call Christ Lord and Savior. If they don't do or haven't done that then, regardless of the DNA, they will join the rest of the goats. When "all" of Israel is "saved" it will only be because "all" that is "left" of Israel will have acknowledged Christ as Lord, Savior and Messiah!
That's just nuts. They don't have to "abandon their Jewish heritage!" Abandon Yeshua`s lineage?! Abandon Yeshua`s culture?! Abandon Yeshua`s history?! Are you meshuggah (crazy)?! They must NOT "abandon their Jewish heritage!" They must EMBRACE it! And, so must YOU! You are "a part of the family of God!" If the promises were made to Isra'el, then one must be a PART of Isra'el to partake in the promises!

Ephesians 2:1-22
2:1 You used to be dead because of your sins and acts of disobedience. 2 You walked in the ways of the ‘olam hazeh (the present age) and obeyed the Ruler of the Powers of the Air, who is still at work among the disobedient. 3 Indeed, we all once lived this way — we followed the passions of our old nature and obeyed the wishes of our old nature and our own thoughts. In our natural condition we were headed for God’s wrath, just like everyone else.

4 But God is so rich in mercy and loves us with such intense love 5 that, even when we were dead because of our acts of disobedience, he brought us to life along with the Messiah — it is by grace that you have been delivered. 6 That is, God raised us up with the Messiah Yeshua and seated us with him in heaven, 7 in order to exhibit in the ages to come (the `olam haba') how infinitely rich is his grace, how great is his kindness toward us who are united with the Messiah Yeshua. 8 For you have been delivered by grace through trusting, and even this is not your accomplishment but God’s gift. 9 You were not delivered by your own actions; therefore no one should boast. 10 For we are of God’s making, created in union with the Messiah Yeshua for a life of good actions already prepared by God for us to do.

11 Therefore, remember your former state: you Gentiles by birth — called the Uncircumcised by those who, merely because of an operation on their flesh, are called the Circumcised — 12 at that time had no Messiah. You were estranged from the national life of Isra’el. You were foreigners to the covenants embodying God’s promise. You were in this world without hope and without God.

13 But now, you who were once far off have been brought near through the shedding of the Messiah’s blood. 14 For he himself is our shalom (peace) — he has made us both one and has broken down the m’chitzah (a dividing wall) which divided us 15 by destroying in his own body the enmity occasioned by the Torah, with its commands set forth in the form of ordinances. He did this in order to create in union with himself from the two groups a single new humanity and thus make shalom, 16 and in order to reconcile to God both in a single body by being executed on a stake as a criminal and thus in himself killing that enmity.

17 Also, when he came, he announced as Good News shalom to you far off (Gentiles) and shalom to those nearby (Isra'elis), 18 news that through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father.

19 So then, you are no longer foreigners and strangers. On the contrary, you are fellow-citizens with God’s people (Isra'el) and members of God’s family (Mishpachah). 20 You have been built on the foundation of the emissaries and the prophets, with the cornerstone being Yeshua the Messiah himself. 21 In union with him the whole building is held together, and it is growing into a holy temple in union with the Lord. 22 Yes, in union with him, you yourselves are being built together into a spiritual dwelling-place for God!
CJB

You also need to read Galatians 3:28 in context!

Galatians 3:1-4:7
3:1 You stupid Galatians! Who has put you under a spell? Before your very eyes Yeshua the Messiah was clearly portrayed as having been put to death as a criminal! 2 I want to know from you just this one thing: did you receive the Spirit by legalistic observance of Torah commands or by trusting in what you heard and being faithful to it? 3 Are you that stupid? Having begun with the Spirit’s power, do you think you can reach the goal under your own power? 4 Have you suffered so much for nothing? If that’s the way you think, your suffering certainly will have been for nothing! 5 What about God, who supplies you with the Spirit and works miracles among you — does he do it because of your legalistic observance of Torah commands or because you trust in what you heard and are faithful to it?

6 It was the same with Avraham: “He trusted in God and was faithful to him, and that was credited to his account as righteousness.” 7 Be assured, then, that it is those who live by trusting and being faithful who are really children of Avraham. 8 Also the Tanakh, foreseeing that God would consider the Gentiles righteous when they live by trusting and being faithful, told the Good News to Avraham in advance by saying, “In connection with you, all the Goyim will be blessed.” 9 So then, those who rely on trusting and being faithful are blessed along with Avraham, who trusted and was faithful.

10 For everyone who depends on legalistic observance of Torah commands lives under a curse, since it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not keep on doing everything written in the Scroll of the Torah.” 11 Now it is evident that no one comes to be declared righteous by God through legalism, since “The person who is righteous will attain life by trusting and being faithful.” 12 Furthermore, legalism is not based on trusting and being faithful, but on [a misuse of] the text that says, “Anyone who does these things will attain life through them.” 13 The Messiah redeemed us from the curse pronounced in the Torah by becoming cursed on our behalf; for the Tanakh says, “Everyone who hangs from a stake comes under a curse.” 14 Yeshua the Messiah did this so that in union with him the Gentiles might receive the blessing announced to Avraham, so that through trusting and being faithful, we might receive what was promised, namely, the Spirit.

15 Brothers, let me make an analogy from everyday life: when someone swears an oath, no one else can set it aside or add to it. 16 Now the promises were made to Avraham and to his seed. It doesn’t say, “and to seeds,” as if to many; on the contrary, it speaks of one — “and to your seed” — and this “one” is the Messiah. 17 Here is what I am saying: the legal part of the Torah, which came into being 430 years later, does not nullify an oath sworn by God, so as to abolish the promise. 18 For if the inheritance comes from the legal part of the Torah, it no longer comes from a promise. But God gave it to Avraham through a promise.

19 So then, why the legal part of the Torah? It was added in order to create transgressions, until the coming of the seed about whom the promise had been made. Moreover, it was handed down through angels and a mediator. 20 Now a mediator implies more than one, but God is one.

21 Does this mean that the legal part of the Torah stands in opposition to God’s promises? Heaven forbid! For if the legal part of the Torah which God gave had had in itself the power to give life, then righteousness really would have come by legalistically following such a Torah. 22 But instead, the Tanakh shuts up everything under sin; so that what had been promised might be given, on the basis of Yeshua the Messiah’s trusting faithfulness, to those who continue to be trustingly faithful.

23 Now before the time for this trusting faithfulness came, we were imprisoned in subjection to the system which results from perverting the Torah into legalism, kept under guard until this yet-to-come trusting faithfulness would be revealed. 24 Accordingly, the Torah functioned as a custodian until the Messiah came, so that we might be declared righteous on the ground of trusting and being faithful. 25 But now that the time for this trusting faithfulness has come, we are no longer under a custodian.

26 For in union with the Messiah, you are all children of God through this trusting faithfulness; 27 because as many of you as were immersed into the Messiah have clothed yourselves with the Messiah, in whom 28 there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor freeman, neither male nor female; for in union with the Messiah Yeshua, you are all one. 29 Also, if you belong to the Messiah, you are seed of Avraham and heirs according to the promise.

4:1 What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a minor he is no different from a slave, even though he is the legal owner of the estate; 2 rather, he is subject to guardians and caretakers until the time previously set by his father. 3 So it is with us — when we were “children” we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe; 4 but when the appointed time arrived, God sent forth his Son. He was born from a woman, born into a culture in which legalistic perversion of the Torah was the norm, 5 so that he might redeem those in subjection to this legalism and thus enable us to be made God’s sons. 6 Now because you are sons, God has sent forth into our hearts the Spirit of his Son, the Spirit who cries out, “Abba!” (that is, “Dear Father!”). 7 So through God you are no longer a slave but a son, and if you are a son you are also an heir.
CJB

So, the concept being advanced in 3:28 is that, within the Messiah (not outside), there's no difference between Jew and Gentile, however being IN the Messiah, "you ARE seed of Avraham and heirs according to the promise," (3:29) because HE is the seed of Avraham and the heir to the promise!

You also need to understand about the "sheep" and the "goats" in Matthew 25:31-46: BOTH groups are said to have treated "the least of these [the King's] brethren" one way or another. That's NOT just talking about "Christians!" That's also talking about His NATURAL brethren, the ones over whom He will be ruling, the ones whom He came to rescue! While there will probably be some who flat-out REFUSE to accept Yeshua` as King (sons of Beliy`al), the vast majority of Isra'elis, especially down through the last two thousand years, were not given ANY valid information by which to form an intelligent decision! ALL of these Isra'elis will be resurrected and given the chance to accept Him as their ancestors should have! The majority of those Isra'elis who are alive at His Second Coming will recognize Him as the Messiah prophesied to come and will accept Him, and a "nation will be born in a day!"

Isaiah 66:1-24
1 Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
5 Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12 For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.
19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.
20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.
21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
KJV

Also, much of this will occur when the Yeshua` the Messiah returns:

Zechariah 12:7-14
7 The Lord also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify themselves against Judah.
8 In that day shall the Lord defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David shall be as God, as the angel of the Lord before them.
9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.
KJV

And, all of these names are found in Yeshua`s lineage:

Luke 3:23-38
23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,
24 Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,
25 Which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Amos, which was the son of Naum, which was the son of Esli, which was the son of Nagge,
26 Which was the son of Maath, which was the son of Mattathias, which was the son of Semei, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Juda,
27 Which was the son of Joanna, which was the son of Rhesa, which was the son of Zorobabel, which was the son of Salathiel, which was the son of Neri,
28 Which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Addi, which was the son of Cosam, which was the son of Elmodam, which was the son of Er,
29 Which was the son of Jose, which was the son of Eliezer, which was the son of Jorim, which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi,
30 Which was the son of Simeon, which was the son of Juda, which was the son of Joseph, which was the son of Jonan, which was the son of Eliakim,
31 Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
32 Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Booz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
33 Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom, which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda,
34 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor,
35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
36 Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech,
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
KJV

So, this means that these people will have to have been resurrected in order for them to mourn for Yeshua` and that means that the resurrection will have already occurred and they were a part of that resurrection when this passage is fulfilled!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Retro, Your words: “What do you think brought on the anti-semitism of the late first and second centuries?! "KILL THE JEWS! THEY'RE CHRIST-KILLERS!"

Boy, talk about an over-romanticized view of scripture (taking your whole post into consideration). I hate to be the one to bust your sparkly little bubble but one needs to get a grip on reality and see things as how they are not how we wish them to be. Anti-Semitism is an ugly thing but there can be no denying that God has used that “evil” to bring continual judgment upon Israel since 70 AD, when, imo, their period of grace ended. The sad part is that Israel is guilty of being “Christ-killers” although they used the Romans to do their dirty work and what was their response to their decision to have Him crucified, Matt. 27:25 - “Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.” That is exactly what has been happening for these past millennia and another sad thing is that the worst, the time of Jacob’s trouble, has yet to begin, although I know you feel differently. Have you ever considered that their judgment might be more severe because they were "family"?

Romans 11:28-32
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. That is true.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (God does NOT renig on His promises!) It’s God that doesn’t repent of His gifts and calling. They were fulfilled in the first church which consisted mainly of Jewish believers.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. The “all’ here isn’t all jews, it means now gentiles are included. The gentiles are the “all” here.

Your words: “You sound like a bully! "They should be GRATEFUL we kicked their feet out from under them! We gave them a hand up, didn't we?"

The acts of a few gentile politicians who may have called themselves christians should not denegrate all believers. The cold hard truth is if it wasn’t for the support of American Christians, as designed by God, the fledgling nation of Israel would have disappeared a long time ago.

Your words: “Don't give me that "they aught to be grateful" garbage! They've had to struggle and fight for every foothold! And, it has been GOD who gave them what they have today, not the British and not the Americans!”

If you can’t see that God used America and Britain to bring Israel into being than you are being deceived in a mighty way. Wake up!!

Your words: “The term "Christian" (Greek: "Christianos") is the DIMINUTIVE form of "Christ" (Greek: "Christos"). It doesn't mean "Christ-like"; it means "little Christ!" It was a derogatory slur that the early "Christians" embraced and adopted! And, yes, the first century believers, who were Isra'eli, DID wear the slur proudly as they chose to suffer with Christ!

I don’t know if you got your definition of “little Christ” from some skewed Messianic dictionary or not but all my resources say the word “Christianos” simply means, “follower of the Messiah”.

Your words: “Did that make them any less Isra'eli?” No, it just means that their being Israeli is irrelevant.
The olive tree is not made of DNA, it's made of FAITH.
Rom. 2:28-29 - "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." and Rom. 4:11-12 - "And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised."

Your words: “I've had to walk away and simmer down before writing this; I was seeing RED! You DON'T know what you're talking about! After thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it's just because you just don't know any better. You've been taught wrongly, and you have come to embrace a false teaching through no fault of your own. So, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
Again, it's not about "DNA" or about "faith!" It's all about FAMILY! Why would Paul say that those who have faith in God through Yeshua` are "SONS of Avraham"?! Why would he say that "he is a Jew, which is one inwardly"? Are you not then a "Jew?" Are you not then a "son of Avraham?" THINK!!! These words, these verses, don't ANNUL the relationship we have with the Patriarchs! They STRENGTHEN it! Furthermore, they open up that relationship for ANYONE, just as the trunk of a tree can support the branches of that tree, whether natural branches (that grew there through genetics, the "DNA" you denounce) or graffed branches spliced into the tree! So what if you are "in Christ" or "in the Messiah?" Isn't the Messiah in Daviyd? Isn't the Messiah in Avraham? Like it or not, if you are part of the Messiah, you are part of Isra'el! You are part of the FAMILY! "Contrary to the Bible"? I don't know anything that more ADHERES to the Bible!”

Well, I’m sorry you saw “red”, but I stand by what I wrote. The old covenant was with the Jews, based on a bloodline and adherence to the law. The new covenant did away with the need for a bloodline (family) tie and freedom from the written law. Is it all about FAMILY? Yes, but you are one hundred percent wrong if you think being of Israeli blood automatically allows you to enter that family. We all enter it in spite of our blood. We enter it through His shed blood and that is all that matters.

Your words: “That's just nuts. They don't have to "abandon their Jewish heritage!" Abandon Yeshua`s lineage?! Abandon Yeshua`s culture?! Abandon Yeshua`s history?! Are you meshuggah (crazy)?! They must NOT "abandon their Jewish heritage!" They must EMBRACE it! And, so must YOU! You are "a part of the family of God!" If the promises were made to Isra'el, then one must be a PART of Isra'el to partake in the promises!”

Sorry Retro, but what makes Israel, Israel has been redefined. The nation of Israel, as it is now, is in the same category as any other anti-christ nation in relationship to God. But, as you said earlier God doesn’t renig on His promises. So, because of His promise He will set aside a righteous remnant of Israeli blood who will or have accepted Christ as Messiah to re-populate the earth during the millennium who are the 1/3 and the 144,000. However, don’t read into it more than what it is. It is a promise kept! Period!

If you saw red before, you’ll probably turn purple now but you need to hear it. Aside from the righteous remnant, the “nation” of Israel is no more. The problem comes in your refusing to use the word “christian”. To me, Judaism is the religion of Israel and, imo, one can not be a Messianic Jew anymore than one could be a Messianic Moslem or a Messianic Buddhist. One could consider themselves a Messianic Israeli or a Messianic Iranian or a Messianic Chinese but it’s just simpler to use the term “christian, as our nationality is irrelevant.

All the verses you listed just show to me you read into them what you want. The family of God is made up of those with “trusting faithfulness” in God as Abraham had. It is not the nation of Israel we are part of. Israel is now made up of those Israeli and gentile believers who accepted Christ as Lord, Saviour and Messiah. That is all the Israel of today is!!! God destroyed the old (Judaism) to create a new (Christianity). There will come a new nation of Israel in the millennium and Jerusalem will still be it’s capitol, however, at first all members of the new Israel will be blood-bought, born again Israeli’s who inherited the land promises.

Your words: “So, the concept being advanced in 3:28 is that, within the Messiah (not outside), there's no difference between Jew and Gentile, however being IN the Messiah, "you ARE seed of Avraham and heirs according to the promise," (3:29) because HE is the seed of Avraham and the heir to the promise!”

Again, the nation of Israel is irrelevant to this inheritance. Abraham is who he is because of His faith. Christ is who He was because of His faith. Did God use the nation of Israel as a bloodline to be born in? Yes, but only because they were physical descendants of Abraham and it was to Abraham that the promise of “seed” was made. That is all it was.

Your words: “You also need to understand about the "sheep" and the "goats" in Matthew 25:31-46: BOTH groups are said to have treated "the least of these [the King's] brethren" one way or another. That's NOT just talking about "Christians!" That's also talking about His NATURAL brethren, the ones over whom He will be ruling, the ones whom He came to rescue!”

Sorry Retro, but the only thing “brethren” implies are those believers who are part of the family of God. National Israeli’s are not in sight here.

Your words: “While there will probably be some who flat-out REFUSE to accept Yeshua` as King (sons of Beliy`al), the vast majority of Isra'elis, especially down through the last two thousand years, were not given ANY valid information by which to form an intelligent decision! ALL of these Isra'elis will be resurrected and given the chance to accept Him as their ancestors should have! The majority of those Isra'elis who are alive at His Second Coming will recognize Him as the Messiah prophesied to come and will accept Him, and a "nation will be born in a day!"

This one of the craziest things I have ever heard and it is one hundred percent false. “It is appointed unto men once to die and then the judgment.” They have the least excuse of all. “For He came unto His own and His own received Him Not! Their bad treatment over the centuries has been judgment on God’s part for what they, AS A NATION, did!!! Scripture shows that the majority will NOT accept Him, thus the death of 2/3rd’s.

Your words: “So, this means that these people will have to have been resurrected in order for them to mourn for Yeshua` and that means that the resurrection will have already occurred and they were a part of that resurrection when this passage is fulfilled!”

Baloney, only someone who is being deceived could come up with such silliness. God knows who each and everyone’s descendant’s are and they will be those spoken of. OT Jews have no excuse. They had God and the law and they will be judged based upon how well they exercised their faith in the same. The only one’s who will mourn per Zech. 12 are those living descendants who come to the realization of how foolish their ancestors and rabbi’s have been over the centuries. There are no second chances and the reality is because of their “blood”, the judgment on Israeli’s will be severer than that of the gentiles.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Retrobiter

You print out too much bible
You use too many words uncommon to proper english
It is hard to understand where you are coming from
I tend to ignore your posts because you print the bible and say little yourself
it is my guess you are either one of two things
A messianic Jew
Or a gentile who wishes he was Jewish
Thus you use a blend of Hebrew and English to assist you in feeling that way
I am not against you Retrobiter
I just cannot figure out your intent and your purpose
I dislike having to skip over your lengthy posts

I love Israel and I love the Jewish people
I am a Gentile and I am a Christian

Who are you Retrobyter
A Messianic Jew or a pretender
I have never met a Messianic Jew who communicates in a style like you do
I look forward to hearing your position

Thank you
Arnie M

I did not copy and paste any bible in this post

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
guysmith said:

The 144,000 have great significance (noting the number at Revelation 7:4 and 14:1), for they are part of an arrangement or "administration" (Greek oikonomian, meaning "the management of a household", Eph 1:10) by Jehovah God to restore mankind to perfection that Adam lost for his offspring in the Garden of Eden (Gen 3:1-6), to live in an earthly paradise forever.(Ps 37:11, 29; Luke 23:43)

Had Adam not crossed the moral boundary that God had given him, there would be no need for the 144,000. On the other hand, because Adam violated God's moral boundary, Jehovah set in motion an "administration" or organized way of doing things in order to select 144,000 from "every tribe and tongue and people and nation"(Rev 5:9) to form the "kingdom" or God's heavenly government.(Rev 5:10)

Upon Adam's rebellion in the garden, Jehovah God began making arrangements to remove the damage done, to take away the stain of sin that has afflicted Adam's descendants for the past 6000 years. He purposed for a "seed" from the "woman" to "bruise (the serpent) in the head".(Gen 3:15) Who is the "woman" and her "seed" ? And how is the "serpent" to be ' bruised in the head ' by the "woman's seed" ? How did the "serpent" bruise the ' woman's seed ' ?

The primary one of the ' woman's seed' is Jesus Christ, with the "woman" being not Eve, who rebelled, nor Mary, though loyal, but the entire body of God's loyal angelic "sons". This "woman" is also seen at Isaiah 54, that without any childbirth pains, suddenly has a large household of "sons".(Isa 54:1)

Later, around 1893 B.C.E., after Abraham proved loyal by means of a test with regard to offering Isaac (Gen 22:9-12), Jehovah told him that "by means of your seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themselves due to the fact that you have listened to my voice."(Gen 22:18) Thus, by means of Abraham's "seed", with Jesus as the primary one and the 144,000 as secondary, that individuals from among the nations would have the opportunity of blessing themselves with life everlasting on the earth.

In addition, the "woman's sons" or "seed" at Isaiah 54 are noted as being "taught by Jehovah" at Isaiah 54:13 and of which Jesus quoted at John 6:45. The secondary part of the "seed" are those who "observe the commandments of God" and have the assigned "work of bearing witness to Jesus".(Rev 12:17)

These are the same as the 144,000 ones who are chosen by Jehovah God, for the sole purpose of forming "God's kingdom" to see to it that Jesus perfect blood is applied in behalf of the "other sheep"(John 10:16), those who are to live forever on the earth in an earthly paradise.(Ps 37:11, 29) Regarding this, Jesus quoted from Psalms 37 at Matthew 5:5, saying that "the meek shall inherit the earth."

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Hello Arnie,

You stated: I do not agree that the 144,000 are a simply a "Pocket of christians" who survive ..... the 144,000 are obviously chosen and sealed by God for a special purpose during that time.

My response: If you review the account of Noah, you will see that God:
1. Forwarned Noah of the impending disaster
2. Provided instructions for Noah to physically survive
3. Documented in the Bible that Noah and his family were the sole survivors.

The future apocalypse which we face provides similar information:
1. We are forwarned of a future apocalypse
2. I believe that the prophetic scriptures contain instructions on how to physically survive to Christ advent
3. Is it not possible that the information about the 144K is a reference documenting the sole survivors of the future event?

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I have no scripture to back this post.... only Hope.

I have been reading the posts concerning the 144,000 Jews from the 12 tribes of Israel and what is thought to be their purpose. My understanding could be in error, but here it is... I believe and hope they will be teaching God's Word but not in the ancient style but in the styles of today that God's Wiord is better understood. There are several Bibles written which attempt to do this, but they fall well short. The earth is a huge pkace so thre would be many people needed to undertake such an endeavor. I have real trouble considering such places as China and India being given a "fair shake" in receiving God's Word is such a time of distress. These mass populated places with false gods really need a better chance at understanding which God is the real God and why the god of their fathers is a false god. Think of the passisve manners some of these false religions instruct their people, I am focusing on the peaceful oriented teachings. Even some of the Muslim teachings are geared toward peacful living. Why is it that they are taught the peaceful aspects simular to the peaceful manners Jesus taught yet, becasue of their multitudes and ancient teachings and being set in their ways, many would be doomed, if not for the 144,000.

This is my opinion, it is also my hope for these people. 7 years roughly will be given for these multitudes to be allowed to be taught, understand and reconsider their current religious positions. It pains me to think all these people will have such little chance to learn enough about Christianity to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Muslims have already re-inforced their barracades to ensure the truth of Jesus cannot reach their hearts by accepting Jesus - somewhat, meaning where it suits them. The plight of many wars and campaigns Christians are attributed with due to evil people thinking themselves self righteous and using Christianity as a cover for their chaos majes the ability to teach God's Truth even more difficult.

When I consider the masses that will end in Hell as compared to the multitudes that obtain Heaven, it appears Satan wins. I do not like that, but how can that tide be changed, except the 144,000 do their very best and that entails infiltrating countries with such huge populations and teach them God's Word with such a loving disposition, a large dose of geniune carisma, the ability to go anywhere they desire whenever they desire with no want nor worry of boundaries or need of "papers" and possibly the power to heal as a sign of their truth. I could be off base here but I see no other option for the chanc these multitudes to discover Christ and become born again. Christians. Poverty stricken peoples accross the globe are hindered greatly and i believe should be given a chance for redemption and re-birth.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
Thank-you Terry for your insights; I agree with you entirely. I believe that these men are here on the Earth today, & Revelation states that these were REDEEMED from the Earth; meaning that they are just mercy-given sinners just like me & you. I believe that they will be Celibate, or Spiritual Eunichs; Prophet/Evangelist supreme, carrying the Meek & lowly ONE's Heart to all the world.

I do not believe that they must be Jewish, as a current bona-fide Israeli today, but may be counted Jewish from ancient blood-lines, via the multiple dispersions the Jews have suffered over the millenia. I see them as chosen; not from any merit of their own, but destined primarily to be POSSESSED by Christ the Holy Spirit, & a CRUCIFIED company; broken & dependent....Following the Lamb, wherever He calls or goes.

I think they are immortal for that 42 month period & will emit the Precense of the Lord Jesus in an unprecedented manner during that time; maybe like Moses & Elijah & throw in a Paul the Apostle type of heart. They will probably travel, & travel alone; they may never meet another of their company I think that as you said , Terry, they will have a heart for all nations, for all people, & will operate on the "Least of the Brethren " principle; No Respect of persons principle.

Here is a prophecy I had about the Fathers coming & some of them may be of that 144,000.

THE SHEEPGATE
PROPHECY
"An Appalling and horrible thing has happened to the land. The prophets prophesy falsely,and the Priests rule on their own authority.....and MY PEOPLE love it so!.....but....WHAT WILL YOU DO AT THE END OF IT?"

By Tom Watkins

Connected to "Where Are the Fathers?" is "The Sheepgate," a prophecy given in January, 1999.
THINGS HAVE CHANGED RECENTLY.
. The Lord has established a sheep gate. Written over it is “Brethren” and “Freedom.” Every Christian on earth must pass through it.
The Prophetic Movement is over. It has fallen, even to the spirit of the Pharisees, and the Lord is grieved, and has judged it. Any brother, any leader, any Prophet, any Apostle, any Evangelist, any Pastor, any minister, that will not hear, and pass through this gate, shall be left out of the end-time ministry, His Harvest, His service.
I’ll say, “Thus says the Lord:”
BRETHREN:
“As much as you have done it to the least of these, MY BRETHREN, you have done it to ME.” [See Ezekiel 34....2-6]
1 CORINTHIAN: 11…27-32 "FOR HE WHO EATS AND DRINKS, DRINKS JUDGMENT TO HIMSELF; IF HE DOES NOT JUDGE [DISCERN] THE BODY RIGHTLY.”
Every blood-washed child, man or woman belongs to Jesus. He is jealous and passionate for them. The Pharisees refused to walk among them. Jesus loved Lazarus, Martha, and Mary, and many other nobodies like me, and you. Thank you, Lord Jesus.
The Pharisees hated Him for this. He could do nothing else, though; it was His nature.
“…but with force and severity you have dominated them…" [Ezekiel 34 ]
The Sheep Gate is receiving EVERY person as Jesus does. The Lord is on the other side with His Rod. HE is the good Shepherd.
MINISTRY AS WE HAVE KNOWN IT HAS CHANGED. THE LORD IS FED UP.
The Shepherds persecute and falsely prophesy against the heart of Jesus to preserve their place, power, and position. It is subtle, but real.
ISAIAH 40, 3-6 ”A VOICE IS CALLING;
“CLEAR THE WAY FOR THE LORD IN THE WILDERNESS!
MAKE SMOOTH IN THE DESERT A HIGHWAY FOR OUR GOD! LET EVERY VALLEY BE LIFTED UP, AND EVERY MOUNTAIN AND HILL BE MADE LOW. AND LET THE ROUGH GROUND BECOME A PLAIN, AND THE RUGGED TERRAIN A BROAD VALLEY;…THEN THE GLORY OF THE LORD SHALL BE REVEALED!…AND ALL FLESH WILL SEE IT TOGETHER!”…for the mouth of the Lord has spoken it!
The little ones, the helpless, the widows, the orphans, the unimportant, the diseased, and the driven away, the poor, the unlearned and the nobodies shall be exalted and honored by their King.
The arrogant, the rulers, the Princes, the Pharisees, and all that sit on top, and leave the meek their crumbs, SHALL BE MADE LOW!
THIS IS THE SHEEP GATE...[ and the Spirit of Elijah ] JESUS IS STANDING ON THE OTHER SIDE CALLING;
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHURCH?”…WITH HIS ROD.
A broad Plain is one body and unity. Equal love, equal mercy, equal honor…TO THE LEAST OF THESE MY BROTHERS. Jesus died for us ALL. He is bringing this to pass, and those who refuse this Word, shall be left out of end time ministry. They will NOT be allowed to touch anything holy. They will NOT adorn the Bride. They will NOT even be allowed to wash her feet, unless they obey this word.
That goes for every “leader”… [ servant ]. But for those who endure and receive it; they will be a part of the Revelation of the Glory of Jesus in His Holy Bride. They will be honored with clothing her; nurturing her, feeding Her, Protecting Her; ...even to the laying down of their own lives...and it will be glorious…TO GOD…AND TO MEN.
”FREEDOM”
Jesus is proclaiming freedom to His people. The fathers are coming forth. I have seen them in the end-times....[ another vision ] They are broken, humble and meek, and carry the heart of Jesus, and lead God’s people to the Lord Himself. They present the Bride to the King so that HE will be pleased. They are foot washers and they love the Bride. They lay their lives down and take great care, individually, as they walk and live in the midst of the church. They have the Father's heart, even to the least and to all. They are offended over sin, and will weep over individuals, and grieve over individual sins, like greed, selfishness and immorality.
They will eat with Mary and Martha, and hang out with Lazarus; just because they love the heart of the meek. They will be friends of sinners, and walk everyday on the streets as life givers.
No office buildings, no schedule books, no appointments; but SPIRIT-LED FATHERS THAT UNDERSTAND THAT ROYAL AND HIGH TITLE OF "BROTHER"!
They [ the fathers ] will protect the freedom of the church, AND THE CHURCH WILL BE FREE.
They will be given great authority, even as the 12 apostles, to protect her freedom. Many in leadership today will be jealous of this glory, and will want to steal it for themselves and their ministries…BUT THIS GROUP WILL NOT ALLOW IT.
The Pharisees today who don’t repent and come through WILL BE IGNORED AND BECOME IRRELEVANT! And great joy and holy Presence will rest upon this Church, and true FREEDOM TO BE LOVED BY Jesus…even to the least.
THIS IS THE SHEEP GATE.
Brother Tom Watkins.....We need grace in buckets to survive...but we will.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
guysmith said:
Negative.

The 144,000 are special; they never leave Christ's side once they are assembled. The Great Multitude are safely delivered to the third level of Heaven - in the presence of God the Father in His Temple in Heaven.

While they are assembling, from all over the world - Isa 13:2-6, Jesus resurrects the Dead in Christ from Paradise, the first level of Heaven, and then comes with those "Holies" on the clouds (going east to west) to gather the Elect who are still alive and are left after the Great Tribulation as Paul indicated in 1Th 4:16-17 and 1Co 15:51-52. Paul is speaking of ordinary Christians being summoned to join Jesus on the clouds at the Rapture.

The 144,000 muster on Mount Zion - the newly formed mountain out of the Mount of Olives which was split in two by the second earthquake on the Day of the Lord when Jesus touched down on the earth.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Why fo eople try to put stringent assessments on these 144,000 that do not exist? One has them ariving on or after Armageddon,,, not so. Another trys to claim they will bee the only ones to survive... again.. not so. Christian Gentiles and Jews will survive Armagedden.. period... read Scriptrue. Those that will not accept the Beast's Mark will be persecuted, some of these people will be be-headed. Here is the wisfom... Satan will not be allowed to be-head the Jews for not accepting the Beast's Mark, if he could.. it would be done BEFORE Armageddon, now this could be a generalzation, if not all of the Jewsih people make it to Israel, i expect they will, as God calls them to come. The 144,000 will have the MARK of GOD and so... certainly they are protected at ALL times. They will have no fear of walking in harms way. Do you really think Jesus is coming with ten thousand Angels to battle at armaheddon and Him and His Angels will require 144,000 people to win this war? - please quit. Exactly what do you think the purpose is for these 144,000???

Does one think Jesus will return to battle at Armageddom and all those he is doing battle for is already dead - Christians and Jews alike? - again... quit. Keep bantering Scripture and post what you think are your connections as true instead of seeking the wisdom off God's Word and you will have an extreme problem getting it right. The thoughts I posted above were not mere supositions arrived at without all considerations. Even with that, I still told that this is my opinions so as to allow effective control over any error I could have made.

Teleiosis your post seems to claim that the rapture takes place after Armageddon, I adamantlyu dis-agree. I have stated this many times, and here it iss again. Consider Daniel 12:12. It is the only time God could prove the truth of blessing those that curse you, by blessing those that curse God, Thee others that are blessed are those needing the blessing for they have more ot Tribulation to suffer. Now without blessing them that do not require a blessing because those people are raken in the rapture, gives creedance to the words I podted.. This blessing of Daniel 12:12 is blessings that help those who will continure through to Tribulartion either as a Believer ot non-believer, but is not for them that do not need a Blessing.

teleiosis

Aug 25, 2010
No I do not claim or suggest that the Rapture takes place after Armageddon. I am Pre-Wrath. I maintain by Scripture that the Rapture takes place with the "Last Trumpet" on the Day of the Lord, and that Day takes place after the shortened Great Tribulation, which does not start until the midpoint abomination. After the Rapture, and the Great Multitude are in Heaven, then the seven Trumpets blow (and the seventh trumpet is not the same as the "Last Trumpet") and the seventh Trumpet brings forth the seven Bowl Judgments. At the conclusion of the seventh Bowl, Armageddon sees Jesus and the 144,000 victorious over the reigning King of the earth: the anti-Christ and he is captured alive along with his cohort in sin: the false prophet. Coincidental with that, the Two Witnesses arise from death and ascend into Heaven, completing the fifth Seal martyr number.

Dan 12:2 is the second Resurrection, the parable of the fish in the net as it were. The separation of the Sheep (Millennium Saints) and the Goats happens at the Great White Throne Judgment after the Millennium.

Your statements concerning "blessed" people makes no sense.
Dan 12:12 is for those who live to see the Millennium.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Hi Teleiosis, I am a pre-wrath believer also, your words led me to elieve you was a post-wrather,

You give no purpose for the 144,000 during Tribulattion, as well as no necessity for them after. Without purpose your theory is flawed. And being thart Tribulation is such a landmark era certainly the 144,000 play a more than a mere cameo role. With them showing up after that last trump ofr even 7th trump there is no need for them to be sealed by God on their foreheads. Certainly that seal is inclusive of a warning sign of protection.