• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying that the new man doesn't sin because when a man is truly born again he doesn't any longer commit sins of the flesh (Romans 8:4).
So then the new man doesn't sin at the same time the old man doesn't sin, but when the old man sins, the new man is sinning also. Is this correct?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as flip wilson you to say its the devil who made him do it ..............................

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the old man sins, the new man is not even in operation, is what I'm saying.

1Jo 3:9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

This is talking about the whole person, not just the spirit-man, or, the new man.

Now, I know that this (sound) doctrine might offend you; because it means that if you continue to sin in the flesh, you are not born of God.

I would say that many people look at this scripture the wrong way.

They say, "I believe that I am saved; but I sin; therefore this scripture cannot be saying that the born of God cannot sin."

Instead of holding the scripture as supreme and saying, "This scripture says that the born of God cannot sin; and therefore, if I sin, I must not yet be born of God."

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, I know that this (sound) doctrine might offend you; because it means that if you continue to sin in the flesh, you are not born of God.
You misunderstand me.

And in expressing your misunderstanding of me, you glibly suggest I may be experiencing some intellectual dishonesty?

You think your doctrine may offend me because it suggests I'm not a Christian?

Hm.

Can anyone on this forum stick with the topic, and not turn on the person?????

I can't seem to find much of that anywhere anymore!

Much love?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
whoever sins is guilty of sin.

a person cannot say the old man made me sin or the devil made me do it. Each person who sins as James said is carried away by his/her own lusts and desires.

BTW James is writing to BELIEVERS.

James 1
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in expressing your misunderstanding of me, you glibly suggest I may be experiencing some intellectual dishonesty?

How does my statement suggest that you have engaged in intellectual dishonesty?

It does not suggest that anyone is not a Christian. It does suggest that some Christians may not be born again of the Holy Spirit, however..

How have I truned on you. I was merely attempting to explain a doctrine. It is the doctrine that may or may not define you as born of God...or not born of God.

Much love?

Why the question mark?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marks said:

How does my statement suggest that you have engaged in intellectual dishonesty?

Only that I'd sooner become angry over a doctrine rather than to receive a true doctrine. It seems to me that the intellectually honest person will examine anything that seems reasonable, and receive that which shows itself to be true. True doctrines of the Bible will be received by the honest person.

marks said:

It does not suggest that anyone is not a Christian. It does suggest that some Christians may not be born again of the Holy Spirit, however..

We have different definitions of Christian. When I say Christian, I mean specifically someone who is born again. How do you define "Christian", as in identifying a person?

marks said:

How have I truned on you. I was merely attempting to explain a doctrine. It is the doctrine that may or may not define you as born of God...or not born of God.

When you stop talking about the doctrine, and start talking about me, conversation becomes about meaningless. It seems to be the theme today that If I disagee with something it means I must be becoming offended.

So I'm to take time to explain about myself, and how I'm not becoming offended after all.

marks said:
Much love?

Why the question mark?

Is it?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you define "Christian", as in identifying a person?

Anyone who professes Christianity as a religion. Clearly, there are those among this group of people who are not born again (Matthew 7:21-23).

marks said:
Much love?

Why the question mark?

Is it?

Certainly coming from my end.

If you don't know anymore whether it is coming from your end, that is a bad sign.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We have different definitions of Christian. When I say Christian, I mean specifically someone who is born again. How do you define "Christian", as in identifying a person?

Anyone who professes Christianity as a religion. Clearly, there are those among this group of people who are not born again (Matthew 7:21-23).

This then explains I think our difference here. I'm speaking of Christians as being actual Christians, not merely nominal.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this what you think I was saying? Or just getting in your digs?
Apparently you were attempting to say that I was not behaving with "Much love"...

If anyone was trying to "get in their digs", it wasn't me...

I don't have any kind of beef with you, @marks.

Please don't try to change that.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently you were attempting to say that I was not behaving with "Much love"...

If anyone was trying to "get in their digs", it wasn't me...

I don't have any kind of beef with you, @marks.

Please don't try to change that.
I'm sorry, I was wanting to give a gentle reminder, apparently a fail.

Reactions: justbyfaith