• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with one thing. No denominations in heaven. But heaven will have people who went to different denominations here. We are saved jews although they Jewish priests spoke against god not for him. There can be true believers anywhere. Some people can’t get out of religion it’s hard so they stay.
I agree - so does the Church.
Anti-Catholics don't understand this.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - Luther was devoted to the Blessed Mother . . .

"She is rightly called not only the mother of the man, but also the Mother of God ... It is certain that Mary is the Mother of the real and true God."
"St. Paul says 'God sent his Son born of a woman, ' These words which I hold for true, really sustain quite firmly that Mary is the Mother of God."

(Martin Luther, Martin Luther's Works, vol. 7, pg 592)

"This article of faith- that Mary is the Mother of God- is present in the Church from the beginning and is not a new creation of the council but the presentation of the Gospel and the Scriptures."

(Martin Luther, Martin Luther's Works, vol. 7, pg 572)

"It is certain that Mary is the Mother of the real and true God."

(Martin Luther, Martin Luther's Works, vol. 24, pg 107)
So the "blessed mother" was fine with the 95 theses?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the "blessed mother" was fine with the 95 theses?
No - but she was fine with SOME of them.
Have you ever actually read them? Not ALL of them are "anti-" Catholic Church.

Some of them actually agree with Catholic teaching.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - but she was fine with SOME of them.
Have you ever actually read them? Not ALL of them are "anti-" Catholic Church.

Some of them actually agree with Catholic teaching.
How do you know what the "blessed mother" thinks?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong, the Apostle said "save yourself from this untoward generation..."

This means "be baptized for the remission of your sins...".

Even the false concept of thinking(believing) your way into being saved is works.

There is no way out of working your own salvation out.
And not one of them has the power or merit to save. There is no way out of that. Only Jesus saves. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Consider this:

In the Judgment, will any of our deeds or words be counted toward our deserving salvation? No. Only the deeds and words and thoughts of Jesus in our stead. Only His death in our stead. Nothing we can do or say makes us deserving of salvation. We have our part to do in accepting the gift. But all of our righteousness is as filthy rags. For every verse you can quote that seems to say we are saved by our works, I can quote 5 which say clearly that it is impossible. Without Christ's actuating Spirit we can do nothing--not even repent.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And not one of them has the power or merit to save. There is no way out of that. Only Jesus saves. Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

Consider this:

In the Judgment, will any of our deeds or words be counted toward our deserving salvation? No. Only the deeds and words and thoughts of Jesus in our stead. Only His death in our stead. Nothing we can do or say makes us deserving of salvation. We have our part to do in accepting the gift. But all of our righteousness is as filthy rags. For every verse you can quote that seems to say we are saved by our works, I can quote 5 which say clearly that it is impossible. Without Christ's actuating Spirit we can do nothing--not even repent.

Your righteousness might be as filthy rags but Jesus gives us true righteousness.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You MUST be baptized with water to receive the Holy spirit (John 3:5, Acts 2:38).

We are tangible creatures and God, in His infinite wisdom prescribes tangible means for us to be born again.
Just as Christ used mud to cure the blind man - He prescribes physical means for us to live out our faith.

It's NOT the water that saves.
The water is not the ends - but the MEANS.
Been there done that with you

we are saved by grace, NOT by works of righteousness which we have done (titus 3) but by his mercy

your holding God back by forcing him to wait until you earn his gift, which means it’s not a gift, water is not the means, GODs washing of regeneration is the means, by spiritual cleansing COL 2

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She WAS saved. She didn't save herself - otherwise SHE would be a god.
She was saved BEFORE she was born.
1. Wrong she was not saved before she was born
2. Yes, she was saved, by her faith. The same way abraham was saved, because she believed God
3. In order to be a MOTHER of God, you have to be God yourself

read roman and Greek mythology, they had mothers of Gods,

my God was before abraham and he created the heavens and the earth, the alpha and omega, no father or mother,

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That may be your opinion but you provide no evidence for that opinion.
Actually I did

I mentioned John

John 3. No baptism (No water and spirit does not mean baptism, if it did Jesus would have said it)
John 4 no baptism
John 5 no baptism
John 6 no baptism

how about Eph 1-2. No baptism

yet all those people were saved

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Been there done that with you

we are saved by grace, NOT by works of righteousness which we have done (titus 3) but by his mercy

your holding God back by forcing him to wait until you earn his gift, which means it’s not a gift, water is not the means, GODs washing of regeneration is the means, by spiritual cleansing COL 2
It's not about "earning" anything.
It's about being obedient and doing His will (Matt. 7:21).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Wrong she was not saved before she was born
2. Yes, she was saved, by her faith. The same way abraham was saved, because she believed God
3. In order to be a MOTHER of God, you have to be God yourself

read roman and Greek mythology, they had mothers of Gods,

my God was before abraham and he created the heavens and the earth, the alpha and omega, no father or mother,
So, you don't believe that Jesus is God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics do not either my friend
Yes, we do - that's why I just told you that.
I'm Catholic - or didn't you know that?

The Catholic Church teaches that NOT only Catholics will make it to Heaven.
This is a doctrinal position, known as Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so the way to eternal life changed from faith to faith plus works?

ok...

acts 2: 38 does not say what you think, you can not study the Greek and come up with the same conclusion
It's not faith PLUS works - it never has been.

However - if you believe that "Faith" is just "belief" - then you're NO better off than the demons, who do the same (James 2:19).
The works that God Himself has prepared for us in advance (Eph. 2:10) are an essential element of faith - such as Baptism.

True Faith = Belief + Works (obedience, trust)

Status
Not open for further replies.