Too young to be saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
If the Gospel is explained to a 4 year old and he doesnt understand, is he not saved and going to hell? I always thought children (and babies) were saved until they could understand. Am I wrong?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Those who are mentally incapable of understanding are not held responsible. God would not be just in doing that. The time when one understands varies depending on the individual. There is no magic age when everyone becomes enlightened. That's why babies do not need to be baptized in order to go to heaven, because they are innocent.

David323

Mar 13, 2007
I agree, How could God be just to send someone to hell who does not understand. Do you believe you must be baptized to go to Heaven?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Jon-Marc;11769)
Those who are mentally incapable of understanding are not held responsible. God would not be just in doing that. The time when one understands varies depending on the individual. There is no magic age when everyone becomes enlightened. That's why babies do not need to be baptized in order to go to heaven, because they are innocent.
You are absolutey right on Jon Marc

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
Water baptism does not save anyone. It is merely a symbol and a sign to the world that we have chosen to follow Jesus Christ. Going down into the water symbolizes His death, and being raised up out of the water symbolizes His resurrection. Some pastors (at least in Michigan) say as they baptize someone, "Buried in the likeness of His death. Raised in the likeness of His resurrection.":pray4:

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
I was five when I walked the aisle and I can remeber the sine that convicted me tha night.. they told me I was too young and that night when i said the now I lay me down prayer ,I was terrified... it was knowing I was a sinner and deserved hell and If I died... I knew exactly where I'd be... the next day , the Pastor came, Dan Carr. and he and I talked.. I said the little prayer, and tho sometimes I have left God behind, He never forsook me and always didi something to get my attention and bring me back to HIM... I have many pastors , but Dan Carr will always be special to me... because he came the next day to talk and he changed his mind... That was the best day of my life..