Warning - New Radical in the House

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Literalist-Luke

Mar 18, 2008
Hi everybody, I'm "Literalist-Luke" or you can just call me "Luke" (or I also answer to a lot of other not-so-nice names as well
wink.gif
). I found Jesus when I was six years old, although I didn't really start digging into what all that really meant until I was 23 years old at which time I guess you could say that I "re-dedicated" my life to Him. (It's possible that might have been the actual moment of my salvation, I'm not sure, but it really doesn't matter because I know that my salvation is assured today.)Anyway, I immediately found eschatology/prophecy to be a fascinating topic to get into and have been studying it quite diligently for the last 19 years now. I'm looking forward very much to sharing what I've been able to learn during that time, just as I'm also looking forward to learning whatever I can pick up from everybody here. I certainly don't claim to have all the answers, but I'll do everything I can to help us all find them.I run the sound at my non-denominational church in Arlington, TX. I'm a retired band director, so that calling fits me perfectly. (If the preacher ever steps on my toes too hard, all I have to do is "mute" his microphone!
lol.gif
)The reason I call myself a "radical" is because I despise the game of "church" and "pop" Christianity. To me, the Bible's truths are not just something to read and impress other people with. They are life-changing guidelines from the Creator of the universe on how to live a full and "abundant" life. In addition, I see in the Bible's prophecies statements of fact about the future that are just as sure as tomorrow's sunrise (actually MORE reliable than the sunrise) and have learned to see the world in light of that. Some people would call somebody with that mindset a "radical" and if that's what it makes me, then so be it. I'd rather be a "radical" for Jesus and His Word than a normal person who doesn't know any better.Anyway, I'm looking forward very much to getting to know everybody here and I'm excited to have a lot of in-depth discussions. I'll look forward to meeting you....

Learning

Dec 12, 2007
Welcome Literalist-Luke! Like your sense of humor. I really look forward to reading your topics!
smile.gif