We must be born again to be God's kingdom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
No, ATP...God also says we must obey Him.
But His action on the cross in which He accomplished overrides any action we do. Because we are sinners. Our righteousness are filthy rags compared to His Glory.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Barrd said:
Of course, we cannot hate God and still be saved. Whatever gave you such a notion?
Have you been listening to the spirit of antichrist?
God saves who he wills. People who are saved will not go on hating God.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Of course, we cannot hate God and still be saved. Whatever gave you such a notion?
Have you been listening to the spirit of antichrist?
Of course we can hate God. Jer 17:9.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
You can hate God and still be saved. Why do you think it's so hard to repent on a daily basis.
Of all the things that you have said since we began discussing these things, this shocks me the most.
This is akin to blasphemy...if it is not the thing itself, it certainly is not far from it.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
lforrest said:
God saves who he wills. People who are saved will not go on hating God.
God's will is for us to listen to Jesus' word. He gave Jesus authority to be our Lord. OSAS has ungrateful spirit against Jesus' word of "if you love Me, keep My commands."

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
You said you can hate God and still be saved. Now that is just insane even for you.
What is insane Joyful is not accepting your sin nature believing you can be sinless. Ouch.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The Barrd said:
Of all the things that you have said since we began discussing these things, this shocks me the most.
This is akin to blasphemy...if it is not the think itself, it certainly is not far from it.
Haven't you seen or heard of people who hate God coming to Jesus? I certainly have. There are many misunderstandings about God among the unsaved, when they hate him.

There is much confusion here, and I think it has to do with what it means to be saved.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
lforrest said:
Haven't you seen or heard of people who hate God coming to Jesus? I certainly have. There are many misunderstandings about God among the unsaved, when they hate him.

There is much confusion here, and I think it has to do with what it means to be saved.
That's right. Nonbelievers are actually enemies of God.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Of course we can hate God. Jer 17:9.
Have you read that entire chapter, ATP?

Let me highlight a few other verses for you:

Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Did you get that? Cursed is the man whose heart departeth from the Lord. Doesn't sound a lot like that guy is going to heaven to me.
But look:

Jer 17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Oh, and don't miss this verse:

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Whoa, did you get that? God says that He will "give every man according to his ways". EVERY man would include those who profess belief. There must also be a change of ways.

Jer 17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from thee shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

I think we need to pay attention here. If we forsake the Lord, we will be ashamed. If we depart from Him, we shall be written in the earth.
Doesn't sound very pleasant to me...certainly this is not Heaven.

This is why I keep saying to you, ATP....context, context, context.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Being saved is more than a one time event when you accept Jesus as your Lord, It is a state of being. We should consider what it means when we say Jesus is Lord, what is he Lord of? Shouldn't that include our own lives?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
lforrest said:

Surely when these hating people come to Jesus, they put their hate behind them?
Surely you don't think that they are saved with their hate intact?

Surely you are not saying that we can have the Spirit of God within us, and hate God at the same time?

There is a special ward in the local mental hospital for that...or if there isn't there certainly ought to be...

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lforrest said:

No one who hates God will be saved. Scripture is quite clear on that. What you describe is someone who used to hate God but that isn't what ATP is promoting.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
lforrest said:
Being saved is more than a one time event when you accept Jesus as your Lord, It is a state of being. We should consider what it means when we say Jesus is Lord, what is he Lord of? Shouldn't that include our own lives?
Isn't that what I've been saying all through this thread?
If you are truly saved, then Jesus is the Lord of your life, indeed....and you will strive to please Him. You will be sad when you sin, if only because you know you have disappointed Him...and you will repent and ask His forgiveness. He stands ready to forgive those who love Him, 70 times 7 times, or just as often as it takes.
But do not get the idea that you may indulge your sinful flesh in all sorts of vulgar sins and still expect to see Heaven. It just doesn't work that way.