What do you think of "Heaven is for Real"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
From what i read it's not worth commenting on.
As it goes no where and has no depth in it.

But what do people think Heaven is, is a good topic worth looking in to. as i think some people i know are off with the pixies with their views on what Heaven is.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I think it's right in line with what other Christians have witnessed to me (two of them had a near-death-experience). It also fits visions my Christian mother had when my nephew appeared to her in a dream the morning he died, telling her to not worry about him, that he was alright.

I don't believe this flesh existence we are in today is what God originally intended for us. Eccl.12:5-7 reveals there's a "silver cord" involved linking our spirit with our flesh body, and when it is severed at death, the flesh goes back to the earthly elements where it came from, and our spirit goes back to God Who gave it.

Apostle Paul said in 2 Cor.5 that if our earthly tabernacle (flesh) were dissolved, we have (present tense) a tabernacle not made with hands, but eternal in the heavens.

New Testament Scripture about the soul, spirit, and flesh reveals our spirit with soul cannot be separated, but our spirit with soul can be separated from our flesh.

Heaven is for real, no doubt about that. It's simply in a different dimension than our earthly dimension. In 2 Cor.12, Paul spoke of one that was caught up to the third Heaven, to Paradise. No question there at all just where he was talking about. But HOW did that one caught up live to give that witness?

So I see no reason to doubt a lot of the NDE's cases, and what they experienced while outside their flesh, for even Paul's 2 Cor.12 example proves that our spirit continues conscious awareness apart from our flesh. It suggests that our flesh body is actually not the real part of us, but a shell only.

th1b.taylor

Dec 4, 2010
SE Texas
I read the book after a little better than twenty-one years of daily Bible Study and I find the book to be in alignment with what God has revealed of Himself in the scriptures. I find it to be true!

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I think it's right in line with what other Christians have witnessed to me (two of them had a near-death-experience). It also fits visions my Christian mother had when my nephew appeared to her in a dream the morning he died, telling her to not worry about him, that he was alright.

I don't believe this flesh existence we are in today is what God originally intended for us. Eccl.12:5-7 reveals there's a "silver cord" involved linking our spirit with our flesh body, and when it is severed at death, the flesh goes back to the earthly elements where it came from, and our spirit goes back to God Who gave it.

Apostle Paul said in 2 Cor.5 that if our earthly tabernacle (flesh) were dissolved, we have (present tense) a tabernacle not made with hands, but eternal in the heavens.

New Testament Scripture about the soul, spirit, and flesh reveals our spirit with soul cannot be separated, but our spirit with soul can be separated from our flesh.

Heaven is for real, no doubt about that. It's simply in a different dimension than our earthly dimension. In 2 Cor.12, Paul spoke of one that was caught up to the third Heaven, to Paradise. No question there at all just where he was talking about. But HOW did that one caught up live to give that witness?

So I see no reason to doubt a lot of the NDE's cases, and what they experienced while outside their flesh, for even Paul's 2 Cor.12 example proves that our spirit continues conscious awareness apart from our flesh. It suggests that our flesh body is actually not the real part of us, but a shell only.
i can see sense in what you are saying.
And we are lost if we have no contact with our Soul.
I think we have to be very careful with this stuff or it can go off the rails. when we talk about someone appeared in a dream like so. my mum said her auntie knew if any of her sons were in pain at the same time it happened even if it was on the other side of the world and who it was. my mum said she was always right and never wrong.
I have seen ghost on two occasions and have known someone i love was struggling with near death experience but not who.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
i can see sense in what you are saying.
And we are lost if we have no contact with our Soul.
I think we have to be very careful with this stuff or it can go off the rails. when we talk about someone appeared in a dream like so. my mum said her auntie knew if any of her sons were in pain at the same time it happened even if it was on the other side of the world and who it was. my mum said she was always right and never wrong.
I have seen ghost on two occasions and have known someone i love was struggling with near death experience but not who.

I think what we need to be careful of, is making pagan comparisons, like ghosts and such to this, because God's Word does not declare Salvation to our flesh, but to our spirit, which is still not the same thing as pagan worship of devils. This was even shown by Peter when he said Christ went to preach to the "spirits in prison" after His resurrection, and we're shown those 'spirits' involved people who were disobedient during the time of Noah while he was preparing the ark.

But how our people love to watch the Hollywood movies about ghosts and such, and drink that up as if it were based on truth.

My mother's dream was not the working of some mystic practice like a Hollywood movie or pagan temple, it's a working shown many times in how God has communicated to His people. I notice many fail to understand God's Word about this matter mainly because of their superstitious fears, fears planted by men and the devil.

Spiritual contact with others far apart is not a myth. I experienced it when a relative of mine died and I didn't yet know it, but an emotion came over me that I couldn't explain at the time. The next day I was contacted that my relative had died, and had asked for me. When our Lord Jesus returns, and on the 7th Trumpet we are changed "at the twinkling of an eye" to the "spiritual body", everyone is going to understand this. It's simply that some of us are already given to understand it as written.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I think what we need to be careful of, is making pagan comparisons, like ghosts and such to this, because God's Word does not declare Salvation to our flesh, but to our spirit, which is still not the same thing as pagan worship of devils. This was even shown by Peter when he said Christ went to preach to the "spirits in prison" after His resurrection, and we're shown those 'spirits' involved people who were disobedient during the time of Noah while he was preparing the ark.

But how our people love to watch the Hollywood movies about ghosts and such, and drink that up as if it were based on truth.

My mother's dream was not the working of some mystic practice like a Hollywood movie or pagan temple, it's a working shown many times in how God has communicated to His people. I notice many fail to understand God's Word about this matter mainly because of their superstitious fears, fears planted by men and the devil.

Spiritual contact with others far apart is not a myth. I experienced it when a relative of mine died and I didn't yet know it, but an emotion came over me that I couldn't explain at the time. The next day I was contacted that my relative had died, and had asked for me. When our Lord Jesus returns, and on the 7th Trumpet we are changed "at the twinkling of an eye" to the "spiritual body", everyone is going to understand this. It's simply that some of us are already given to understand it as written.
Precisely dear veteran.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
When Jesus died for our sins He died for the whole person.....body and spirit. It was the whole man that sinned not just the spirit. So Jesus died to redeem the whole person. We are not spirit beings we are physical beings with spirit and we will always be that way.

The only difference between the body we now have and the one that we will receive when Jesus returns is that the new body (and a new brain) will be glorified....just like Jesus'.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
When Jesus died for our sins He died for the whole person.....body and spirit. It was the whole man that sinned not just the spirit. So Jesus died to redeem the whole person. We are not spirit beings we are physical beings with spirit and we will always be that way.

The only difference between the body we now have and the one that we will receive when Jesus returns is that the new body (and a new brain) will be glorified....just like Jesus'.

That's not what The Bible teaches. That's more aligned to pagan doctrines of reincarnation than with The Bible.

Matt 22:30
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
(KJV)

1 Cor 15:43-44
43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
(KJV)

1 Cor 15:49-50
49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
(KJV)

By those indications, our resurrection bodies are going to be Heavenly type bodies, specifically the "image of the heavenly." And that's a direct pointer to bodies like angels.