• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Power of sin is broken for the one who is born again - Jesus broke it on the Cross.

No statement like this in the Bible

That is the problem that there is not that much about born again....so you can make it anything you want....but do not expect me to agree.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The story of the Passover is all about this truth.

A lamb is sacrificed for each household.

The angel of death passes over.

Other households experience the 'big stick'.

Were the Jews sinless? - No.

They were covered by the Blood of the Lamb.

Blessings in Christ Jesus Carl! And may I take you a little deeper for a moment This truth will become more evident for those that are truly born again during what is coming in the wind. It is during this time, that many(not the born again) will be caught unaware, and yet Jesus gave all the warnings about this time. And thus the reason for the silence in these times. Be Blessed Carl.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Carl Emerson said:
The Power of sin is broken for the one who is born again - Jesus broke it on the Cross.

No statement like this in the Bible

1 Cor 15
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you show me..."have to keep your faith", which you have decided means...."or lose your salvation"
It might mean that. Or it might mean you were never saved to begin with. But it doesn't matter - you're damned either way. That's why we should just focus on and do what the Bible says: Have a genuine faith, as evidenced by what it does, and have that faith to the very end. I won't post the reference. You know where it is.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might mean that. Or it might mean you were never saved to begin with. But it doesn't matter - you're damned either way. That's why we should just focus on and do what the Bible says: Have a genuine faith, as evidenced by what it does, and have that faith to the very end. I won't post the reference. You know where it is.
The early church continuously exhorted to continue in Christ . Many IFS in that bible . I say we exhort the same way they did .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might mean that. Or it might mean you were never saved to begin with. But it doesn't matter - you're damned either way. That's why we should focus on and do what the Bible says: Have a genuine faith, as evidenced by what it does, and have that faith to the very end. I won't post the reference. You know where it is.
Thus denying the genuineness of your faith, thus denying the new birth, thus denying Christ in you, the hope of glory, thus denying numerous passages of Scripture which can only be true if those who are reborn are alive in Christ forever.

You say, it doesn't matter, but I say this denies the faith of Christ. And we all know what that does to our life! I don't have to describe a faithless life, or life of misplaced faith.

Hope is no hope at all - an expected end of our faith - if you question that having received now, you will not receive then. If you are unregenerate, you have no assurance, but if you are regenerate, do not live as the unregenerate.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus denying the genuineness of your faith, thus denying the new birth, thus denying Christ in you, the hope of glory, thus denying numerous passages of Scripture which can only be true if those who are reborn are alive in Christ forever.
I don't care about your, or anyone else's OSAS beliefs. I just care about what the Bible says: Believe and keep believing to the very end. I don't care what OSAS belief you impress on that truth...just as long as you preserve that truth. If you knew more about OSAS you'd know that the original OSAS teaching acknowledged that a person must continue to believe, or else they were never saved to begin with. So what I'm saying doesn't necessarily have to be anti-OSAS.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carl Emerson said:

1 Cor 15
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law; 57 but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”

That is not why Christ and the Apostles were warning against sin. Paul would not write to a church and say, Well now that you all are born again I do not have to worry about you sinning. Or....even say all you sinning Christians should be more like the born again Christians! That is not how the conversations are going on in that era. What you have going on there is some type of utopian reality.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope is no hope at all - an expected end of our faith - if you question that having received now, you will not receive then. If you are unregenerate, you have no assurance, but if you are regenerate, do not live as the unregenerate.
I have complete assurance of my salvation, because I am believing; believing that is evidenced in how I live. Everybody who is believing is saved. Salvation belongs to any and everyone who believes in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. I am that believing person. Therefore, I am saved. 1 Corinthians 15:2

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Author and FINISHER of your Faith.
Hebrews 12:2.
Try using a REAL bible., and try understanding what "FINISHER" means. (look it up).
Want me to send you a dictionary?
You are unable to think beyond your own paradigm of thought. You think that what you believe is the only way a scripture can possibly be understood.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typically in these discussions the issue of the status of a believer and the condition of a believer get confused.
And they should never be confused, based on these verses:

"7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil" 1 John 3:7-8

But the church has ignored and dismissed these verses. See, the problem is, once a person gets taught a doctrinal construct they can't see anything else in scripture.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And they should never be confused, based on these verses:

"7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil" 1 John 3:7-8

But the church has ignored and dismissed these verses. See, the problem is, once a person gets taught a doctrinal construct they can't see anything else in scripture.

He also teaches how to restore those who fell into sin - and didn't consider them as 'of the devil' but cautioned those correcting them to proceed with humble caution in case they fell into sin as well.

So I look for humility when listening to folks expound the Word and assume the role of correcting others...

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That is not why Christ and the Apostles were warning against sin. Paul would not write to a church and say, Well now that you all are born again I do not have to worry about you sinning. Or....even say all you sinning Christians should be more like the born again Christians! That is not how the conversations are going on in that era. What you have going on there is some type of utopian reality.

Yes you are right - it isn't the whole story because sin has consequences.

If you consider God's perspective - The Law was given to provide boundaries of behaviour for their own good.

But this was not salvific. Faith was always the essential element regarding eternal consequences.

Similarly the sins listed by Paul were warned against because they had serious consequences for the individual and potentially eroded the fellowship. This equally applied to the believers and Tares - but in the case of believers truely born again, there was a way back, however this is no way an easy road.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have complete assurance of my salvation, because I am believing; believing that is evidenced in how I live. Everybody who is believing is saved. Salvation belongs to any and everyone who believes in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin. I am that believing person. Therefore, I am saved. 1 Corinthians 15:2

You claims seem to relate to now, but how can you be sure of your salvation in the future?

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
What if you lose your faith?
then you'll be like me who don't know who tp talk to or will they even talk to me i have lost faith in men when i ask about before bible was made they've ignored it saying don't think about it but focus on your faith
anyway nothing is anyway

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham didnt need a Bible. Nor did Jacob. Moses? No scriptures there. So you know God can have relationships with people outside of texts.

Reactions: Azim

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You claims seem to relate to now, but how can you be sure of your salvation in the future?
If I believe tomorrow, I will remain saved tomorrow. As long as a person is believing they are saved and remain in the security of Christ's Ministry and Sacrifice. That's why the Bible exhorts us to keep believing.

It is the OSAS belief that is not sure about their salvation in the future because they can't even know for sure if they are saved today. In that doctrine you are saved if you persevere all the way to the end in faith. Well, you can't know if you've done that until the end. There's always tomorrow's potential failure of faith to show that you were never really a believer all along. But according to the Bible, you are in this very moment saved if you are in this very moment a believing person. Thus the Bible's exhortation to continue to hold fast to the word of the gospel in faith.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.
Status
Not open for further replies.