• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"translated FROM>........darkness TO LIGHT......>"ONE WITH GOD">...... "SEATED IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST".
I know you got a pretty high opinion of yourself, but you're here on planet earth with the rest of us. You are seated in heavenly places vicariously through Christ. That's what 'in' Christ means. He's your advocate in heaven just as if you were literally present there yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again are ALREADY IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD>........They are not waiting to inherit it.
They are already BORN AGAIN INTO IT........
We are in the earthly kingdom of God. The one that will be purged of all unbelievers...including the ones you say will enter into the kingdom of God at the end of the age. They will not enter in as you insist. No unbeliever will enter into the kingdom of God. They will be purged out of the kingdom by fire at the end of the age - Matthew 13:41-43.

"41The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness. 42And they will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.f" Matthew 13:41-43
This is why I tell people to be ready for the return of Christ! No doctrine of OSAS is going to save you if you are not still a believer when Christ comes back! And you know if you are a true believer and ready to meet Christ by how you live.

Reactions: amigo de christo

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are in the earthly kingdom of God. The one that will be purged of all unbelievers
YOU might be:
in that one, but "All the members of The Body Of CHRIST," are in:

The Heavenly Kingdom!:
Eph_2:6 "And Hath raised us up together, and Made
us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:"

Eph 1:20 "Which He Wrought in Christ, when He Raised
Him from the dead, and set Him At His Own Right Hand
in the heavenly places,"

Php_3:20 "For our conversation [citizenship] is in heaven;
from whence also we look for The Saviour, The Lord Jesus Christ:"

"Giving thanks Unto The Father, Which Hath Made us meet [worthy]
to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints In Light: Who Hath
[Already] Delivered us from the power of darkness, and Hath
Translated [ Spiritually Baptized/Identified ] us Into The
Kingdom
Of His Dear SON: In Whom we Have Redemption Through
His BLOOD
, Even The FORGIVENESS of sins:" (Col 1:12-14
cp Eph 1:7; Col 2:13)
There is NO:
"purging of [ faithful NOR UNfaithful ] members" (1Co 3:8-15 cp 5:5)
+
God's OPERATION On All HIS ETERNAL New-born babes In CHRIST!
God's ETERNAL Assurance Of All members!!

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged and Edified!:

Bible Answer To Confusing church Bewilderment!

GRACE And Peace...

AceWestfall08

Apr 29, 2022
West Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold
@Ferris Bueller

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

The Greatest Commandment
…30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are in the earthly kingdom of God.

You are in the earthly kingdom, according to your words.

Im in the Spiritual Kingdom, "Having BEEN Translated from Darkness to Light".
All of the born again are the same.
We have all become.. "children of THE LIGHT", and Jesus "is the LIGHT OF THE WORLD".

Its like this, ....

"As JESUS IS......so are the born again, IN THIS WORLD"..

Notice that The born again are not waiting for the KOG, Romans 14:17.....we have it in us, and we are in it, because we are "ONE WITH GOD" ... "IN Christ" and that is where they are, fella.
This is why the born again are "Seated in HEAVENLY PLACES, in CHRIST".
= right now.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I know you got a pretty high opinion of yourself,

Legalist like you always run out of everything but personal attack.

I have no particular opinion of myself., except that i know what i was, and i know what i am now.
And but for the Grace of God, id be dead or worse by now.......but because of the Grace of God, im His.
Thats all i am.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question Mr. Bueller!

Does Abrahams alleged "justification by faith without works" cancel out "faith without works is dead"? Are you suggesting the bible contradicts itself?:eek:
No. I'm not suggesting that at all. The meaning of 'justified' Paul is talking about is 'to be made righteous'. The meaning of 'justified' James is talking about is 'to be shown to be righteous'. Two different aspects of justification. Which is why I wish Protestants and Catholics would stop referring to Paul's justification by faith apart from works ("righteousness apart from works" Romans 4:6) using James 'faith alone' phrase associated with the different definition of 'justified' that he is talking about. They are not the same.

Paul: A man is justified (MADE righteous) by faith apart from works.
James: A man is justified (SHOWN to be righteous) by his works.

Two very different arguments.
justify

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legalist like you always run out of everything but personal attack.
You need to go back and read the horrible way you've been treating me. You seem to major in projection. It's because you're a bona fide narcissist. You really are. Read up on it and get some help.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within you.
You say its not, and i agree.

But i will tell you that its in me, and im in it, as are all the born again.

Luke 17:21
We finally agree on something !

Do you agree that the Kingdom is also literal in the sense that Jesus meant to establish God's Kingdom on earth in a literal sense.
In the sense that we are to make the world a better place and act like citizens of His Kingdom.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that the Kingdom of God is within you.
You say its not, and i agree.

But i will tell you that its in me, and im in it, as are all the born again.

Luke 17:21
There is the earthly kingdom, and there is the true kingdom of believers. The unbelievers who lost faith, who you say are still saved, will be purged out by fire from his kingdom at the end of the age. You are misleading fallen believers into thinking they are okay with Jesus when the reality is they are not. They are lost.

Reactions: Taken

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Thats not correct., and what you just told MaryMog is again, more of your personally invented theology.
If she's not careful, you'l have her as confused as you are....
You are using a commentary, that has taught lot of deception.

James is not talking about "righteousness" in your verse. He's talking about dead faith, and how this is to be avoided.
He is talking, not about being righteous, but about the proof of you having faith that is living, and not "dead" is that you produce Fruit, spiritual.
He then tells them, "I will show YOU YOU YOU my faith, (not his righteousness)......by my works".

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No. I'm not suggesting that at all. The meaning of 'justified' Paul is talking about is 'to be made righteous'. The meaning of 'justified' James is talking about is 'to be shown to be righteous'. Two different aspects of justification. Which is why I wish Protestants and Catholics would stop referring to Paul's justification by faith apart from works ("righteousness apart from works" Romans 4:6) using James 'faith alone' phrase associated with the different definition of 'justified' that he is talking about. They are not the same.

Paul: A man is justified (MADE righteous) by faith apart from works.

Two very different arguments.
justify
May I?

James created a bit of a problem with the word JUSTIFICATION.
They didn't know (the writers) that we'd be arguing about WORDS 2,000 years hence or they would have been more careful.

James did NOT mean that man is shown to be justified by his works. But I'm not even really sure what you mean.
Some say that we are justified before God as a legal action by Him,,,but our works are a sign to others that we are justified - James' version.
Is this what you're saying?

Let's get straight that Justification means a one time event that makes us become reconciled with God and He declares us not guilty.
What James is talking about is Sanctification...this is an ongoing process that lasts our entire life and this is where works/good deeds come into play.

I know works is a really bad word these days, and I do believe @Behold dislikes this word, however the NT does admonish us to do good deeds after we become saved.

It's not enough not to be bad...
It's necessary to be good.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Thats not correct., and what you just told MaryMog is again, more of your personally invented theology.
If she's not careful, you'l have her as confused as you are....
You are using a commentary, that has taught lot of deception.

James is not talking about "righteousness" in your verse. He's talking about dead faith, and how this is to be avoided.
He is talking, not about being righteous, but about the proof of you having faith that is living, and not "dead" is that you produce Fruit, spiritual.
He then tells them, "I will show YOU YOU YOU my faith, (not his righteousness)......by my works".
Wait.
Where's Behold?
I think he's been abducted.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree that the Kingdom is also literal in the sense that Jesus meant to establish God's Kingdom on earth in a literal sense.
The kingdom of God in the world:

"38The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.40As the weeds are collected and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom (in the world - vs.38) every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness." Matthew 13:38-41
Behold does not know the scriptures very well. He's well educated in a doctrinal construct that he learned. But he does not know the scriptures very well.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave you the verse where Jesus says the KOG is within you.
So, Take it up with Him and see if you can get Him to go with your theology, instead.
↓↓↓
The kingdom of God in the world:

"38The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.40As the weeds are collected and burned in the fire, so will it be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will weed out of His kingdom (in the world - vs.38) every cause of sin and all who practice lawlessness." Matthew 13:38-41
Behold does not know the scriptures very well. He's well educated in a doctrinal construct that he learned. But he does not know the scriptures very well.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
May I?

I know works is a really bad word these days, and I do believe @Behold dislikes this word,

Discipleship is about our works....
The Bema seat is about out works we have done "in the Body of Christ".
However we do not work to be saved, as if that is the way to heaven, Christ didnt have to die on the Cross.
And we dont work to stay saved, but because we are saved.

Reactions: GodsGrace
Status
Not open for further replies.