What is everyone doing over the holidays?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry

Dec 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

I will not be doing much of anything. My husband and I work from a home office. Every year during the week of Thanksgiving and then Christmas, everyone who normally calls or sends emails takes off for the holidays so our house is eerily quiet.

We do not have any children or any family members that are close. So every year during these holidays it is pretty quiet in our house. When I say quiet, I am thinking about a mortuary or the county morgue.

Next year I will have to plan something in advance so the holidays don't sneak up.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kerry

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're going to add a Star Wars movie to everything else Christmas Eve!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Kerry said:
Hello everyone,

I will not be doing much of anything. My husband and I work from a home office. Every year during the week of Thanksgiving and then Christmas, everyone who normally calls or sends emails takes off for the holidays so our house is eerily quiet.

We do not have any children or any family members that are close. So every year during these holidays it is pretty quiet in our house. When I say quiet, I am thinking about a mortuary or the county morgue.

Next year I will have to plan something in advance so the holidays don't sneak up.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Kerry
Kerry,

Two of our children, spouses and 4 grandchildren are with us for Christmas lunch (and gifts that are now under the tree). Our other son, wife and 2 daughters live in Canberra and they have a new baby (one month old) so they are unable to fly to be with us. On alternate years, the children go to the in-laws for Christmas. It's our turn this year.

We have an Aussie Christmas lunch with lots of tucker. That will be smoked ham off the bone, salad and soft drink. We don't have grog or spirits for lunch. It's all softdrink.

Oz

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Kerry,

Two of our children, spouses and 4 grandchildren are with us for Christmas lunch (and gifts that are now under the tree). Our other son, wife and 2 daughters live in Canberra and they have a new baby (one month old) so they are unable to fly to be with us. On alternate years, the children go to the in-laws for Christmas. It's our turn this year.

We have an Aussie Christmas lunch with lots of tucker. That will be smoked ham off the bone, salad and soft drink. We don't have grog or spirits for lunch. It's all softdrink.

Oz
My mouth waters Oz...all the best!!!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
My mouth waters Oz...all the best!!!
Stan,

I'm just finishing a delightful afternoon tea that my wife, Desley, has brought to me in the office. After this is done, I have to begin peeling 3kg of king prawns for lunch tomorrow - the peeling will be finished after dinner. I ordered them a couple of weeks' ago and picked them up from a Fisho (straight from the trawler) this morning. We enjoy prawns at any time, but especially at Christmastime.

I've tried to give you a picture of the Qld prawns I've peeled but I'm not allowed on CyB to give such a photo. I thought I'd give you a view of the trawlers that operate off the coast from where I live so you get an idea of what brings in the delectable prawns, but I can't post that image either. I don't understand this kind of restriction.

I've now completed the 1.75 hours of prawn peeling.

What are your plans for Christmas Day?

We attend an 8am service at our church and then the children will be arriving mid morning.

Blessings,
Oz

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
OzSpen said:
Stan,

I'm just finishing a delightful afternoon tea that my wife, Desley, has brought to me in the office. After this is done, I have to begin peeling 3kg of king prawns for lunch tomorrow - the peeling will be finished after dinner. I ordered them a couple of weeks' ago and picked them up from a Fisho (straight from the trawler) this morning. We enjoy prawns at any time, but especially at Christmastime.

I've tried to give you a picture of the Qld prawns I've peeled but I'm not allowed on CyB to give such a photo. I thought I'd give you a view of the trawlers that operate off the coast from where I live so you get an idea of what brings in the delectable prawns, but I can't post that image either. I don't understand this kind of restriction.

I've now completed the 1.75 hours of prawn peeling.

What are your plans for Christmas Day?

We attend an 8am service at our church and then the children will be arriving mid morning.

Blessings,
Oz
Brunch at my place with 3 of my 4 kids and their families, then off to their Aunts for Christmas dinner. Estimate about 30 people will be there. Not sure how long I will last, but I won't be the oldest one there. Her Dad is 80 so we will see who lasts longer with all the noise! :)

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
StanJ said:
Brunch at my place with 3 of my 4 kids and their families, then off to their Aunts for Christmas dinner. Estimate about 30 people will be there. Not sure how long I will last, but I won't be the oldest one there. Her Dad is 80 so we will see who lasts longer with all the noise! :)
Stan,

Make sure you have a good, restful one - and not too much of that fatty stuff.

Two of our major supermarkets have stuffed up badly with supplies of ham and turkey ordered online. See HERE.

I hope we can get into some more fruitful biblical and theological discussion later in the week or in the new year. Have you found a suitable church yet?

Oz