What is Saving Faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found that a great number of professing Christians do not have saving faith. There are some basic beliefs in the Gospel that will determine whether or not one has saving faith.

When I was with "Christians in Action" we would go out in the public and encounter people concerning Jesus Christ and his Gospel. When asked, "Do you believe in Jesus?" many would say. "Oh yes, I believe that Jesus was the Son of God". Many thought that if they believed that they would be saved. Believing that Jesus is the Son of God is not saving faith. Satan also believes that Jesus is the Son of God and trembles, James 2:19. However, no one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Saving faith is a faith that believes Jesus has atoned for their sins. Many do not believe that Jesus atoned for anyone's sins, this is very unfortunate because they do not have saving faith. Saving faith believes that Jesus not only atoned for their sin, but also for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Saving faith is a faith that believes Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes, Romans 10:4. If you believe that you must keep or fulfill the law, that is not saving faith.

Faith in a church or a religion is not saving faith. Actually, faith in a church or a religion is an indication of the absence of faith. Nowhere in the Bible are we told to have faith in a church or a religion. Jesus Christ and his Gospel are the object of our faith, not a church or a religion. Religion is of the flesh, because it is about us, our works, our obedience, our piety.

Saving faith is always Christ centered. His life, His death, His resurrection. Paul said, "For we are the circumcision that worship God in the Spirit, and rejoice in Jesus Christ, and have no confidence in the flesh" (religion) Philippians 3:3. We must conclude that saving faith is a confidence and a trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ for our salvation, plus nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: XFire and Nancy

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have found that a great number of professing Christians do not have saving faith. There are some basic beliefs in the Gospel that will determine whether or not one has saving faith.

When I was with "Christians in Action" we would go out in the public and encounter people concerning Jesus Christ and his Gospel. When asked, "Do you believe in Jesus?" many would say. "Oh yes, I believe that Jesus was the Son of God". Many thought that if they believed that they would be saved. Believing that Jesus is the Son of God is not saving faith. Satan also believes that Jesus is the Son of God and trembles, James 2:19. However, no one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

Saving faith is a faith that believes Jesus has atoned for their sins. Many do not believe that Jesus atoned for anyone's sins, this is very unfortunate because they do not have saving faith. Saving faith believes that Jesus not only atoned for their sin, but also for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Saving faith is a faith that believes Jesus is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes, Romans 10:4. If you believe that you must keep or fulfill the law, that is not saving faith.

Faith in a church or a religion is not saving faith. Actually, faith in a church or a religion is an indication of the absence of faith. Nowhere in the Bible are we told to have faith in a church or a religion. Jesus Christ and his Gospel are the object of our faith, not a church or a religion. Religion is of the flesh, because it is about us, our works, our obedience, our piety.

Saving faith is always Christ centered. His life, His death, His resurrection. Paul said, "For we are the circumcision that worship God in the Spirit, and rejoice in Jesus Christ, and have no confidence in the flesh" (religion) Philippians 3:3. We must conclude that saving faith is a confidence and a trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ for our salvation, plus nothing.
I was going to write about counterfeit Christianity, but instead I wrote about saving faith. There are a lot of people that do not have saving faith and are counterfeit Christians. They appear to be Christians, but they are not. They have never called on Jesus to save them because they don't think that they are lost. I believe that many of them are reprobates because they are not convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sins. No one can come to Christ unless they believe that they are a lost sinner. Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. If you don't come to Christ as a sinner, then you don't qualify.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to write about counterfeit Christianity, but instead I wrote about saving faith. There are a lot of people that do not have saving faith and are counterfeit Christians. They appear to be Christians, but they are not. They have never called on Jesus to save them because they don't think that they are lost. I believe that many of them are reprobates because they are not convicted by the Holy Spirit of their sins. No one can come to Christ unless they believe that they are a lost sinner. Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. If you don't come to Christ as a sinner, then you don't qualify.
Saving faith trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (John 3:18; 10:9; 14:6; Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) There are genuine Christians and there are counterfeit Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saving faith trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. (John 3:18; 10:9; 14:6; Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) There are genuine Christians and there are counterfeit Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers.
I estimate that only 10% of professing Christians are real believers.

Reactions: XFire

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds about right.
"Broad is the way to destruction, and many there be that go that way" Matthew 7:13-14. The broad way is the way of religion. Man in the place of God trying to save himself by the deeds of the law, Romans 3:20.