• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No thats not right.
Its Teaching that God's Righteousness is Righteous.
Not yours.
Not your works.
God does not accept your works, He only accepts "the Righteousness of God, in Christ".

That is now your work, justbyfaith.
Of course it is God's righteousness.

It is not impractical according to 1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. (1 John 3:7)

Really?

You actually believe that if you are not born again, that you can copy Jesus's good works, and end up in heaven?
You can copy Jesus's life, and never be born again, and go to heaven after you die?

Tell that to the millions that tried it who are now in Hell.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No; but I have leanings towards Oneness Pentecostalism.

It is not the Catholic Bible...it is the kjv.

Oh, i know you are a pentecostal, as all pentecostals are self savers who love to tell every believer they can find that they can lose their salvation.
See, thats the ministry of a Pentecostal.
Thats why you do it.

The KJV does not say you are "BORN AGAIN BY or OF WATER."
You can't read?

But the Catholic bible says that in John 3.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, what is the will of God?

1Th 4:3, For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th 4:4, That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;
1Th 4:5, Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

1Th 5:18, In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

There may be a few others; but I believe that these will suffice for now.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV does not say you are "BORN AGAIN BY or OF WATER."
You can't read?
In the kjv:

Jhn 3:5, Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I well know what the leaven doctrines of men are, don't patronize me.
And sticking to what Paul taught in Hebrews 5, the "strong meat" analogy he used is NOT about men's doctrines.

Is teaching you "patronizing you"?
Maybe you think so, but that is not reality.

So, as i told you, meat and milk are the analogy for NT revelation knowledge, gained.
Milk for babies, and Meat for adults, spiritually speaking.

Paul has his Gospel....he calls it "my Gospel".
The Devil has his, and its the Gospel of Works, the Gospel of self saving.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

You actually believe that if you are not born again, that you can copy Jesus's good works, and end up in heaven?
You can copy Jesus's life, and never be born again, and go to heaven after you die?

lol...that is not what I said.

Of course you must be born again to be able to do God's works of righteousness, even as He is righteous.

It is a matter of walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1Th 4:3, For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Context?

We are talking about the WORK of righteousness, remember?
And living a life free of fornication does not make you righteous.
Presenting you body as a living sacrifice, does not make you righteous.
Holding unto your faith, does not make you righteous.
Nothing you can DO, as a WORK< as a DEED, as a SELF EFFORT, can make you righteous.

What Can?

"the work of GOD". And what is that? "that you BELIEVE, on Jesus, whom God sent".
So, that is the ONLY WORK that makes you Righteous, and you didnt do it.
God did it for you, if you are born again.
See, God takes your faith, ONCE< to do His WORK, = the New Birth.
AND THAT is your righteousness.
Nothing else.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genuinely believing in Jesus will result in a man doing the will of the Father...which is that he be sanctified...that he abstain from fornication.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Just want to throw it out there that the person next to Jesus, to whom he said, "Tonight you will be with me in paradise," was likely not baptized or have time to start over to be like Jesus. He didn't really have time to do that because of the whole dying at the time thing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, i know you are a pentecostal, as all pentecostals are self savers who love to tell every believer they can find that they can lose their salvation.
See, thats the ministry of a Pentecostal.
Thats why you do it.
We who have the gift of tongues know that this gift is what helps us to "keep ourselves in the love of God" (Jude 1:20-21).

So, those without this gift are going to have a harder time doing so.

It still, can be done, without the gift.

Just not as easily.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just want to throw it out there that the person next to Jesus, to whom he said, "Tonight you will be with me in paradise," was likely not baptized or have time to start over to be like Jesus. He didn't really have time to do that because of the whole dying at the time thing.
I do believe that these are opposite sides of the same coin.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No, we were talking about what is the will of God, in context with Matthew 7:21.

Look at the verse, New Catholic.

Its says to "enter into the Kingdom of God", by doing this = WILL.

So, do you enter into the Kingdom of God by praying to Mary?
Do you enter the kingdom of God by water baptism after Paul told you that "Christ sent me not to Water Baptize".. ???

Thats a NO.

See, the Kingdom of GOD, is a Spiritual Kingdom, so, to ENTER IT, you have to be born again INTO IT.

That's how you enter it.
That's Matthew 7:21

If you try to enter it by "joining the one true church" or by any other means, then you wont.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Genuinely believing in Jesus will result in a man doing the will of the Father...which is that he be sanctified...that he abstain from fornication.

No,
see, there is personal sanctification, that is a person living a good clean life.
They dont lie, cheat, smoke, fornicate, cheat on taxes, use profanity, etc, ect..
Thats like religious grooming.
And while doing all that, you are currently damned and going to hell, WHILE you're doing all that GOOD STUFF.....if you are not born again.
JOhn 3:36

So, that is the holiness that we are to exist in, as a strong Disciple.

That is not the same as being made righteous, by the Blood Atonement.

Im not sure you realize this yet, but the day you were saved, you were UNGODLY...
You had not been living a good clean life, and THEN you were saved.
And if you had, you were going to hell while living that same lifestyle you are ranting about now.

THis is difficult for you to see, because everything around you, is all about LEGALISM.
So, thats a real problem for you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We who have the gift of tongues know that this gift is what helps us to "keep ourselves in the love of God" (Jude 1:20-21).
So, those without this gift are going to have a harder time doing so.
It still, can be done, without the gift.
Just not as easily.

Do you really think that after pretending you are the "forum's pastor", you can now pretend spiritual gifts and these people that read you are not going to laugh?
Listen, you dont even know the difference between a prayer language and the "gift of Tongues". or why they are different.
You dont even know this yet, and yet here you are, ...trying to pretend you have all the answers.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you enter into the Kingdom of God by praying to Mary?

No; because I am not a Catholic; new or old.

Do you enter the kingdom of God by water baptism after Paul told you that "Christ sent me not to Water Baptize".. ???

I have addressed this elsewhere but I can address it again here.

In context of Paul saying that Christ did not send him to baptize, he says that he baptized only a few people in Corinth in order to substantiate his point (Crispus, Gaius, and Stephanas).

However, in Acts of the Apostles 18:8, it becomes clear that many Corinthians were baptized.

So, Paul, while he did not baptize himself, very likely used the same tactic as our Lord in John 4:2...

He allowed his disciples to baptize the converts.

Therefore, Paul was not saying that baptism isn't necessary or good; he is saying that his particular calling was to preach the gospel and did not have to do with water-baptizing.

Which is not to say that Paul felt that baptism doesn't do the trick that Peter says it does in 1 Peter 3:20-21.

Paul even preaches, within the gospel that he preaches, that baptism does the trick (Romans 6:1-4, Galatians 3:27, Colossians 2:11-12).

Just like when I am preaching here on the internet, God has not called me to baptize people (that is not very possible from a computer venue). Which is not to say that I will not preach the necessity of baptism in holy scripture (specifically, in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39 and Romans 8:30).

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do believe that these are opposite sides of the same coin.
True. I think that God makes the choice. Repent and be baptized, yes, but dying people don't have that choice. What if a person is scheduled to be baptized and they don't make it through that week? It's silly to think that they are going to hell just because they got hit on the crosswalk before Sunday.

God is our judge and we can't just assume that we're the most intelligent scholars to have it all figured out. The scholars of Jesus time knew WAY more than us and were still corrected on what they believed - many times. "Truly I say to you, today shall you be with me in paradise" seems like a fair enough answer to me.

Anabaptists believe in baptism, but not for infants. So there's an inevitable space of time where a person is going likely be unbaptized until that time. I believe in grace and I believe God knows a man's heart and intentions.

This thread is overwhelming with bold letters and I think we should switch the coffee over to decaf.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Thank you.
I "throw" that one out there all the time, when im dealing with a Catholic or someone who is trying to use the city water supply to be born again.

Here is another really good one to Throw, FluffyYellowDucK.

Paul Said. "Christ sent me not to water Baptize">..
So, there is the person who wrote most of the NT, talking about the importance of the city water supply.

But wait.......yes, there is more...
You have "the ACTS of the Apostles', that some who are deceived believe are the "acts of all the believers".....and in the Acts of the Apostles .. (Acts)..... you will study and discover that every single time someone is born again, they then are water baptized.
Its like this......BELIEVE, then get wet......every single time.
See, as you know, to BELIEVE is to be born again, and then you are immersed, because you are already born again.