• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, im saying i can read the NEW Testament.
In it it explains things regarding the Blood Atonement, vs, the reason for Water Baptism, in the OLD Testament, and how its used in the new.
I can "rightly divide" and "spiritually discern".

Let me share something with you, so that you can at least read it.

Try to understand 2 things.

1. If you dont know something, you can't teach it correctly, until you do.
2. Not all the Apostle had the same revelation of God's Grace, that Paul Had, when He had it.

Peter in Acts 2, didnt Know what Paul was teaching in Acts 15.

Look at Acts 10. Peter, who is not a Pope, didnt know that Gentiles could be saved.
But when he wrote 2nd Peter, he know all about it.

So, when an apostle does not know a specific revelation, then notice the chapter, and notice when they do understand it, and use this to discern what they may not know yet, that can be used by really bad Churches, to teach really bad theology, that ruins believers.
Mostly, it causes them to never understand Gods Grace, and the end result is that they end up as devout Legalists, all their Lives.
Thats you , justbyfaith, currently.
Peter wrote 1 Peter many years after he spoke with Paul, as Paul speaks of in Galatians.

And he says in 1 Peter 3:20-21, that water baptism doth also now save us.

I am not necessarily teaching that a person cannot be saved apart from water baptism.

I am saying that there is power to save in baptism.

Just look at Ezekiel 36:25-27, for example.

It teaches rantizmal regeneration.

I would also remind you that all scripture is inspired of the Lord and is profitable for doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, im saying i can read the NEW Testament.
In it it explains things regarding the Blood Atonement, vs, the reason for Water Baptism, in the OLD Testament, and how its used in the new.
I can "rightly divide" and "spiritually discern".

Let me share something with you, so that you can at least read it.

Try to understand 2 things.

2. Not all the Apostle had the same revelation of God's Grace, that Paul Had, when He had it.

Look at Acts 10. Peter, who is not a Pope, didnt know that Gentiles could be saved.
But when he wrote 2nd Peter, he know all about it.

So, when an apostle does not know a specific revelation, then notice the chapter, and notice when they do understand it, and use this to discern what they may not know yet, that can be used by really bad Churches, to teach really bad theology, that ruins believers.
Mostly, it causes them to never understand Gods Grace, and the end result is that they end up as devout Legalists, all their Lives.
Thats you , justbyfaith, currently.

OOPSY , i can see by those two questions you have been heeding men . OH YES THEY DID have the same grace .
IT wasnt like there was two different gospels . One to the jew and one to the gentile .
AND acts makes it very clear what was in error and IT GOT corrected . For example
IT is true that some of the apostels must have had the mindset still that the gospel was for the jews alone .
BUT PETER , YEAH , suprised , PETER told them first this was not the case . LATER PAUL does .
SOME of us love reading bibles my friend . But go ye and read acts chapter ten .
It shows us this . Then later read . peter later went back to jerusalem and they rebuked him for entering into
a gentiles house . AND PETER showed them and told them that even the gentiles recieved the very same SPIRIT
as did even they twelve on the day of pentcost . PAUL would later return and say the same .
yeah , we really do need to be in our bibles and not in what men say and teach the bible says .
Now be encouraged . i am not attacking you , i am not attacking just by faith either .
I am , however , trying to point us back to bibles ONLY . WHEN I say only , yeah just bask and read in the beauty of it
for you own self . cause men are dooping us my friend . I SHUN pope francis doctrine to HELL FIRE .
can you say the same . NOW do notice i did not say i shun HIM to HELL FIRE . JUST his doctrine .
AND that man , AINT ALONE . i shun all their doctrines to HELL FIRE . BUT my prayer for them , IS THEY REPENT and come
to JESUS before its forever too late for them .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Is that what Peter too said?

1Pe 3:20, Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
1Pe 3:21, The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Wow.

you are comparing a literal , "8 souls saved by a wooden ship" to a "FIGURE"...

Do you know what a "figure" is"??

Its SYMBOLIC.........

"the like SYMBOLISM,....."

Symbolism can't save you., justbyfaith.

Now notice that the word WATER is left out of the 1st Peter 3:21.
He does not say, "water baptism doth now save".
There is no WATER in the verse.
Why?
Becasue the born again are BAPTIZED INTO ONE SPIRIT, = "BORN AGAIN".

SEE THAT BAPTISM? THATS NOT WATER..
THAT'S A SPIRITUAL BAPTISM,
Whereby God gives us the NEW BIRTH, that is salvation.
No water.
All SPIRIT.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="justbyfaith, post: 947232, member: 7886"

Christ fulfills the law for us in this:

Yes, he had to fulfill it so that it could lose its dominion over those who are now "under Grace".[/QUOTE]
It is written on our hearts and minds (Hebrews 8:8-10, Hebrews 10:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 8:4, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 13:8-10; Romans 5:5).

It has lost its dominion over us as concerning condemnation; not as concerning governance in our lives.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="justbyfaith, post: 947232, member: 7886"

Christ fulfills the law for us in this:

Yes, he had to fulfill it so that it could lose its dominion over those who are now "under Grace".[/QUOTE]
can you know if a man us under grace or not . OH i know the answer . I ask it for all sakes .
HOW do we know one is truly under the true grace of GOD .
I beg you bring me scripture and not your own thoughts . But either way , i will be kind and not attack . I will just point to the truth .
I keep it real simple my friend . real simple . I am but dust and ash , OH BUT JESUS IS EVERYTHING .
But lets answer the question please .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Peter wrote 1 Peter many years after he spoke with Paul, as Paul speaks of in Galatians.And he says in 1 Peter 3:20-21, that water baptism doth also now save us.

You inserted the word WATER, into a verse that does not have it.

A CULT taught you this., as they insert WATER in that verse, as well.
Its not in the Greek.
Listen....Get away from all water cults., if you have any sense.

Notice that the word WATER is left out of the 1st Peter 3:21.
Why?

No water.
All SPIRIT.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.

you are comparing a literal , "8 souls saved by a wooden ship" to a "FIGURE"...

Do you know what a "figure" is"??

Its SYMBOLIC.........

"the like SYMBOLISM,....."

Symbolism can't save you., justbyfaith.

Now notice that the word WATER is left out of the 1st Peter 3:21.
Why?

No water.
All SPIRIT.
Just by faith means well , but he too has heeded men . Let us return to the simplicity OF JESUS .
OH I BEG HOLLER AND PLEAD let us return to the love of scripture the love of every word of GOD .
the love many had at first . BIBLES OPEN , read and love it well .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
IT is true that some of the apostels must have had the mindset still that the gospel was for the jews alone .
BUT PETER , YEAH , suprised , PETER told them first this was not the case . LATER PAUL does .

IF peter, in Acts 2:38 knew what Paul knows, in Acts 15 that he taught Peter, then why wasn't peter preaching it in Acts 2:38?

A.) Because you can't teach or preach what you dont know yet.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You inserted the word WATER, into a verse that does not have it.

A CULT taught you this., as they insert WATER in that verse, as well.
Its not in the Greek.
Listen....Get away from all water cults., if you have any sense.

Notice that the word WATER is left out of the 1st Peter 3:21.
Why?

No water.
All SPIRIT.
Two things . PETER DID MEAN water baptism . And number two , HE also says what just by faith DID NOT PUT IN
that while this is not what saves us , SEE .
BOTH SIDES are being decieved . I AM TRYING so hard to get folks back into bibles , NOT INTO INDOCTRINATION .
cause ya both have been INDOCTRINATED . I SEE IT in you , and i see it in him too

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No water.
All SPIRIT.
In Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will submit to the ordinance of baptism in Jesus' Name for the remission of sins, with repentance.

That is talking about water baptism; because the Holy Ghost is promised as the result: and therefore the baptism itself is not in the Holy Ghost.

Also, consider Acts of the Apostles 10:45-47...

Act 10:45, And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46, For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Here, water baptism is recommended for those who have already been baptized in the Holy Ghost.

So, water baptism and Holy Ghost baptism are not the same.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, he had to fulfill it so that it could lose its dominion over those who are now "under Grace".
can you know if a man us under grace or not . OH i know the answer . I ask it for all sakes .
I beg you bring me scripture and not your own thoughts . But either way , i will be kind and not attack . I will just point to the truth .
I keep it real simple my friend . real simple . I am but dust and ash , OH BUT JESUS IS EVERYTHING .
But lets answer the question please .[/QUOTE]

To be born again, is to be "no longer under the Law but under Grace".

"the Law came by Moses.......but Grace and TRUTH came By Jesus"..

Moses is the Law Giver, but Christ is the Truth Bearer.

Being born again, is to be delivered from the "dominion of the Law".

"The power of the LAW, is SIN"..

So, we dont want to exit in that, do we?
Not quite.
We want to exist "under GRACE".

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF peter, in Acts 2:38 knew what Paul knows, in Acts 15 that he taught Peter, then why wasn't peter preaching it in Acts 2:38?

A.) Because you can't teach or preach what you dont know yet.
The bible makes very clear what is right and wrong . Acts does . it says specifically where the error was .
JUST like the rest of the bible does . MEN have twisted stuff . THEY show a truth , then make that truth
to also try and disprove other things , that were true .
A HINT , ya dont need men and their ever wise hermuneitics and etc to understand the bible .
ITS VERY SIMPLE REALLY . ANY time there was an error in the bible it was made plain .
IF NOT , its truth . PEROID . STOP FOLLOWING MEN and clowns . and yeah clown is a kind word , cause i have
words more like peters , pauls , or judes if ya like .
DID you answer my simple questions i addressed to you . I bet , sadly , you are already infected to some degree
with the all inclusive unity .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The water is in the context of the verse (verse 20), "saved by water"

No.
Its says that that is a FIGURE.
A FIGURE is a SYMBOL.

We are not saved by Water.
WE are saved by being born again by the SPIRIT OF GOD.

Study it.
Stop teaching water cult nonsense.

Reactions: Pearl

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No water.
All SPIRIT.
In Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39, the Holy Ghost is absolutely promised to those who will submit to the ordinance of baptism in Jesus' Name for the remission of sins, with repentance.

That is talking about water baptism; because the Holy Ghost is promised as the result: and therefore the baptism itself is not in the Holy Ghost. The baptism in the Holy Ghost is promised as the result of water baptism.

Also, consider Acts of the Apostles 10:45-47...

Act 10:45, And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46, For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Here, water baptism is recommended for those who have already been baptized in the Holy Ghost.

So, water baptism and Holy Ghost baptism are not the same.

Water baptism is still recommended for those who have been baptized in the Holy Ghost.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Its says that that is a FIGURE.
A FIGURE is a SYMBOL.

We are not saved by Water.
WE are saved by being born again by the SPIRIT OF GOD.

Study it.
Stop teaching water cult nonsense.
Yes...it symbolizes identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

That is, confessing Him before men, in a way that you cannot do without the water.

Now, what does it say in Matthew 10:32?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two things . PETER DID MEAN water baptism . And number two , HE also says what just by faith DID NOT PUT IN
that while this is not what saves us , SEE .
BOTH SIDES are being decieved . I AM TRYING so hard to get folks back into bibles , NOT INTO INDOCTRINATION .
cause ya both have been INDOCTRINATED . I SEE IT in you , and i see it in him too
I'm kind of rushing to answer him here...so I may not be able to iterate everything that has to do with these doctrines so that I can share the fulness of what is important.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But lets answer the question please .

To be born again, is to be "no longer under the Law but under Grace".

"the Law came by Moses.......but Grace and TRUTH came By Jesus"..

Moses is the Law Giver, but Christ is the Truth Bearer.

Being born again, is to be delivered from the "dominion of the Law".

"The power of the LAW, is SIN"..

So, we dont want to exit in that, do we?
Not quite.
We want to exist "under GRACE".[/QUOTE]
Your still saying grace . i asked how can we know if one is truly UNDER grace .
What is grace . OH there is a biblical defintion . if you cant find it by google , i will let you know where it is .
But bring me that defintion . OH we can surely KNOW who is under grace and who is not .
We can surely know them by their fruits .
Since we are on the subject of fruits , lets say what bible says .
THE FRUIT of the wicked IS TO SIN . Now go ye and find the true definition of what true grace is .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

That is talking about water baptism;

You really are lost in a commentary.

Listen, Peter had to give them something to BELIEVE, so that by believing it they could then be water baptized, BECAUSED they had BELIEVED.

See, faith has to come first, before the water....always....

Here is what He told those Jews , who believed and repented and were dunked.

But they believed this FIRST< and were born again, then entered into the water.

Peter preached this first.........

Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

-------------------------

See that?
They had to believe that, to then be water baptized.

And if you read the rest of the Acts of the Apostles, you'll discovered that FAITH comes first, the BELIEVING, = born again, and then the water follows.