What is the New Covenant and the old Law Covenant?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The old Law Covenant was made between God and Israel. Exodus 34:27-28 (ESV), “And the LORD said to Moses, ‘Write these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.’ So he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.” The complete Law with its many ordinances is recorded throughout Exodus, Leviticus and Deuteronomy. Please note, the Law Covenant only applies to Israel.

Sadly, the Jewish people were unable to keep their covenant. But God promised to make a New Covenant with Israel (extending to all mankind). Jeremiah 31:31-34 (ESV), 31 “Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32 not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the LORD. 33 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days (after Armageddon), declares the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.’ ”

We then learn that the New Covenant will include every person as each one accepts Jesus as the Messiah and consecrates his life to serve God. Zechariah 8:21-23 (ESV), 21 “The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, ‘Let us go at once to entreat the favor of the LORD and to seek the LORD of hosts; I myself am going.’ 22 Many peoples and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem and to entreat the favor of the LORD. 23 Thus says the LORD of hosts: In those days ten men from the nations of every tongue shall take hold of the robe of a Jew, saying, ‘Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’ ”

The purpose of the New Covenant is to restore to mankind all that was lost in the Garden of Eden (Acts 3:19-26): perfect health, everlasting human life, peace, justice, a blessed communion with God, a restored Earth. This will be the fulfillment of the Lord’s prayer, “Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10.

Reactions: David in NJ

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The purpose of the New Covenant is to restore to mankind all that was lost in the Garden of Eden (Acts 3:19-26): perfect health, everlasting human life, peace, justice, a blessed communion with God, a restored Earth. This will be the fulfillment of the Lord’s prayer,

What was lost in the garden of eden?

I think most do not know the answer.

Discussion is difficult if we do not care enough to learn the basics.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was lost in the garden of eden?

I think most do not know the answer.

Discussion is difficult if we do not care enough to learn the basics.
So, since you are not part of "most", please enlighten us with the truth!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truth is not limited to the bible. This belief makes for a closed and therefore small mind.
I have not said that truth is limited to the Bible. But in all matters which are beyond human knowledge, the Bible is the sole authority since it is the Word of God. This is divine revelation.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have not said that truth is limited to the Bible. But in all matters which are beyond human knowledge, the Bible is the sole authority since it is the Word of God. This is divine revelation.
When we metabolise knowlage and put it through a purification prossess, it moves from a place of interlect to a sence of conciousness which is then called truth. Truth is not something we can hold with our interlect or foresee with our mind. So truth is only something we can feel, as it is of unseen nature. When we speak from truth we notice the words flow out naturally and with ease. It will sometimes shock us in how well our words where presented before us. These words of truth, are in fact, words from God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So truth is only something we can feel, as it is of unseen nature.
Total nonsense. There is such as thing as OJECTIVE TRUTH. No matter what you feel or how you feel. And the Bible presents objective truth. So does genuine science. Two molecules of hydrogen + one molecule of oxygen always equals water. And water can exist in three states -- solid (ice), liquid (water), and gas (moisture in the air).

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Total nonsense. There is such as thing as OJECTIVE TRUTH. No matter what you feel or how you feel. And the Bible presents objective truth. So does genuine science. Two molecules of hydrogen + one molecule of oxygen always equals water. And water can exist in three states -- solid (ice), liquid (water), and gas (moisture in the air).
This is knowledge you talk of. Truth is another word for God, you can't see it. If you focus to hard on specifics you completely miss what is true, as it is unseen. Just like if you hold to higher value on a received gift, you miss the unconditional love that comes with it. The nature of God is unseen, if you could see it or hold it in your interlect, it would then fall victim to judgment, therefore holding judgment and becoming in-perfect.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is when man takes it apon himself to decide what is right and wrong. This is man thinking he is God.

That can invoke aspects of moral relativism. Which is usually secular/atheist ideology.

There is a contrast between moral relativism (atheism) and moral objectivism (theism) which is becoming a critical point of dispute.

It appears consistently in many religious discussions. Although most do not know the terminology or history to recognize the trend.

I myself never paid much attention to it. But have seen it enough over the years to observe both ends of the spectrum becoming something like established default positions for either demographic.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That can invoke aspects of moral relativism. Which is usually secular/atheist ideology.

There is a contrast between moral relativism (atheism) and moral objectivism (theism) which is becoming a critical point of dispute.

It appears consistently in many religious discussions. Although most do not know the terminology or history to recognize the trend.

I myself never paid much attention to it. But have seen it enough over the years to observe both ends of the spectrum becoming something like established default positions for either demographic.
This is because the two debating parties cling to one of two aposing aspects which should be considered whole. Moral relativism or atheism is based solely on the part of our reality "free will". Then we have moral objectivism which is solely based on natural law or "Gods law" which is both eternal and un changing. These two aspects of our reality should be seen in conjunction with each other.

Jesus said to them: When you make the two one, and when you make the inside as the outside, and the outside as the inside, and the upper as the lower, and when you make the male and the female into a single one, so that the male is not male and the female not female, and when you make eyes in place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then shall you enter the kingdom. (Gospel of Thomas 22)

Simply put, when you align your free will (masculine), with natural law (feminine), the two become one in harmony.

Spirit (feminine), Son (masculine), and the two together make the Father.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we metabolise knowlage and put it through a purification prossess, it moves from a place of interlect to a sence of conciousness which is then called truth. Truth is not something we can hold with our interlect or foresee with our mind. So truth is only something we can feel, as it is of unseen nature. When we speak from truth we notice the words flow out naturally and with ease. It will sometimes shock us in how well our words where presented before us. These words of truth, are in fact, words from God.
I believe what you are trying to communicate and it can work both ways.

For what you just described sounds like the approach, method and words that the serpent used when speaking to Eve.

Therefore there must be more evidence of the Flow of Truth in order for a man/woman to know that they are in the Flow that gives Life.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreements, between Abraham, Himself (Gods self made covenant), and established second after Christ completed and fulfilled the Law. Abolishing it; in which the spirit is now the guide by incorporation of relationship with the Father, the second is much easier as it’s God writing his laws on the heart and mind of those who are his and allow him to work on them.

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe what you are trying to communicate and it can work both ways.

For what you just described sounds like the approach, method and words that the serpent used when speaking to Eve.

Therefore there must be more evidence of the Flow of Truth in order for a man/woman to know that they are in the Flow that gives Life.
Blessed are those who believe without seeing. All aspects of God are unseen, starting with faith.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessed are those who believe without seeing. All aspects of God are unseen, starting with faith.
Dear Friend, not all aspects of God are invisible - quite the contrary Romans 1:18-23

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
even His eternal power and Godhead,
so that they are without excuse,
because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.