What is the one true Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhh, no - it was YOU who falsely stated thgat the Church PAID to keep priests OUT of jail.
That's NOT the way the Criminal Court works, Einstein.

Will you EVER stop lying?
I said and it is truth.

Pope Francis begged for forgiveness in an unprecedented letter Monday and said Catholic leaders were to blame following a grand jury report last week that found more than 1,000 children were sexually abused by "predator priests" in Pennsylvania for decades.

"With shame and repentance, we acknowledge as an ecclesial community that we were not where we should have been, that we did not act in a timely manner, realizing the magnitude and the gravity of the damage done to so many lives," Francis wrote.

Pope John Paul II made many apologies. During his long reign as Pope, he apologized to Jews, women, people convicted by the inquisitions, Muslims killed by the Crusaders and almost everyone who had suffered at the hands of the Catholic Church over the years. Even before he became the Pope, he was a prominent editor and supporter of initiatives like the Letter of Reconciliation of the Polish Bishops to the German Bishops from 1965. As Pope, he officially made public apologies for over 100 of these wrongdoings, including: Christians involved in the African slave trade (14 August 1985, also at various points in the 1990s

The Church's role in burnings at the stake and the religious wars that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the Czech Republic).
In a June 1995, "Letter to Women", John Paul said,
"Women's dignity has often been unacknowledged and their prerogatives misrepresented; they have often been relegated to the margins of society and even reduced to servitude...Certainly it is no easy task to assign the blame for this, considering the many kinds of cultural conditioning which down the centuries have shaped ways of thinking and acting. And if objective blame, especially in particular historical contexts, has belonged to not just a few members of the Church, for this I am truly sorry."

In December 1999, at the request of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, then Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who would later become Pope Benedict XVI, the International Theological Commission presented its study on the topic Memory and Reconciliation: The Church and the Faults of the Past. The purpose of this document is "not to examine particular historical cases but rather to clarify the presuppositions that ground repentance for past faults." It examines repentance for past faults in the context of sociology, ecclesiology and theology.

The apology from Pope Francis this week comes after years of allegations detailing abuse and neglect at these residential boarding schools. Canada's Truth and Reconciliation Commission was established in 2008 to document what happened at these schools – and the lasting trauma that has followed. July 29, 2022

“In the face of this deplorable evil, the Church kneels before God and implores His forgiveness for the sins of her children. I myself, wish to reaffirm this with shame and unambiguously I humbly beg forgiveness for the evil committed by so many Christians against the Indigenous peoples,” Pope Francis

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can close your ears, get all bent out of shape of what does and does not apply to others, open your mouth and speak for others.....ALL irrelevant.

I choose what applies to me, without your consideration.

I don’t agree with most of your beliefs, opinions, commentaries or snarky attitude.
That wasn't the issue.
The issue was your cherry-picking verses OUT of context, remember?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said and it is truth.

Pope Francis begged for forgiveness in an unprecedented letter Monday and said Catholic leaders were to blame following a grand jury report last week that found more than 1,000 children were sexually abused by "predator priests" in Pennsylvania for decades.

"With shame and repentance, we acknowledge as an ecclesial community that we were not where we should have been, that we did not act in a timely manner, realizing the magnitude and the gravity of the damage done to so many lives," Francis wrote.

Pope John Paul II made many apologies. During his long reign as Pope, he apologized to Jews, women, people convicted by the inquisitions, Muslims killed by the Crusaders and almost everyone who had suffered at the hands of the Catholic Church over the years. Even before he became the Pope, he was a prominent editor and supporter of initiatives like the Letter of Reconciliation of the Polish Bishops to the German Bishops from 1965. As Pope, he officially made public apologies for over 100 of these wrongdoings, including: Christians involved in the African slave trade (14 August 1985, also at various points in the 1990s

The Church's role in burnings at the stake and the religious wars that followed the Protestant Reformation (May 1995, in the Czech Republic).
In a June 1995, "Letter to Women", John Paul said,
"Women's dignity has often been unacknowledged and their prerogatives misrepresented; they have often been relegated to the margins of society and even reduced to servitude...Certainly it is no easy task to assign the blame for this, considering the many kinds of cultural conditioning which down the centuries have shaped ways of thinking and acting. And if objective blame, especially in particular historical contexts, has belonged to not just a few members of the Church, for this I am truly sorry."

In December 1999, at the request of Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, then Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who would later become Pope Benedict XVI, the International Theological Commission presented its study on the topic Memory and Reconciliation: The Church and the Faults of the Past. The purpose of this document is "not to examine particular historical cases but rather to clarify the presuppositions that ground repentance for past faults." It examines repentance for past faults in the context of sociology, ecclesiology and theology.

The apology from Pope Francis this week comes after years of allegations detailing abuse and neglect at these residential boarding schools. Canada's Truth and Reconciliation Commission was established in 2008 to document what happened at these schools – and the lasting trauma that has followed. July 29, 2022

“In the face of this deplorable evil, the Church kneels before God and implores His forgiveness for the sins of her children. I myself, wish to reaffirm this with shame and unambiguously I humbly beg forgiveness for the evil committed by so many Christians against the Indigenous peoples,” Pope Francis
As usual, when I expose your lies - you go off on a different tangent . . .

NONE of this has anything to do with the difference between criminal and civil msatters that I had to correct you on.

As for Popes iissuing apologies for past transgressions - GOOD for them.
Too bad mor Protestant leaders don;t do the same for theirs . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still stand by that statement....The Catholic Church pays big dollars to keep priests out of jail.
I've already educated you about the difference between civil suits and criminal cases.
To idiotically cling to a falsehood after that is totally YOUR choice - but NOT a surprie . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mortification
1. a sense of humiliation and shame caused by something that wounds one's pride or self-respect
the mortification of being jilted by a little boarding-school girl—Washington Irving

b : the cause of such humiliation or shame

2: the subjection and denial of bodily passions and appetites by abstinence or self-inflicted pain or discomfort

I call my ministry the Johnny Appleseed of Truth.
What that means I seek truth and present it. I do not care what the truth is. It is inline with Christ's concept of seeds...
19 `People listen to the message about the kingdom of heaven. If anyone does not understand it, the devil comes along and takes the message out of his heart. That person is like the seed which fell on the road. 20 Some seed fell on the stony ground. That is like a person who hears the message and right away he is glad to hear it. 21 But it does not go down deep in his heart. He believes it for a short time. When trouble or a hard time comes because of the message, he stops believing. 22 Some seed fell among the weeds. That is like the person who hears the message. But he thinks about the things of this world. He wants to get money to be happy. These things push the message out of his heart. No good comes from it. Matthew 13:19-22

I have spent my life seeking Truth and dispelling lies and false beliefs. Along the way people have introduced false doctrines, false beliefs etc. One of the ways they do that is to interject a word and its meaning that is not in the scriptures. Those are the easy red flags.
UNBELIEVEABLE.
Youpost the BIBLICAL definition of "mortification" - then you go on a diatribe railing AGAINST it.

You are as big a fraud as anything I've seen on this forum.

In this case mortification or any variant of it or the Greek word is not in the actual scriptures.....not even the King James Version. There are no negatives to normal sex in the normal process of male and female relationships that leads to marriage. Peter is an example. Marriage does not mean you cannot serve God well. And I think celibacy is a distraction from serving God. As far as I am concerned I believe it is as unnatural as homosexualality. In fact the Jews believed that a celibate man was homosexual....unless he was a castrated eunuch.
WRONG.

Sexual intercourse is ONLY to be exercised in the confines of marriage. It is NOT to be partaken of by those in relationships "leading" to marriage.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That wasn't the issue.
The issue was your cherry-picking verses OUT of context, remember?

The issue is the FACTS....
I CHERRY-PICK what applies to me and could care less what YOUR carnal mind thinks.

YOU speaking FOR me is irrelevant.
What YOU CHERRY-PICK that which applies to you, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU believe, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU do, is irrelevant to me.
What YOU proclaim is YOUR teaching, is irrelevant to me.
YOUR catholic doctrine, is irrelevant to me.
YOUR catholic statues, gestures, trinkets, rituals, are irrelevant to me.
A Relationship with YOU, is irrelevant to me.

Is that CLEAR enough for YOU to comprehend?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little girls do not grow up dreaming of hopping from bed to bed and contraception. They dream of a man who will sweep them off their feet and love them forever, and of having his many children. A cynicism born of the sexual revolution has brought emptiness to the hearts, wombs and lives of far too many modern women. This emptiness and pain can be avoided or redeemed and healed by the love of Christ and adherence to His teachings. The Catholic Church believes in such dreams because God wrote them on the human heart. And there are men who long for such a woman to love and cherish.

Real lovers want to give without reserve in God's own superabundance creating more hearts and lives to love. Contraception is like kissing through a screen door and real love cannot tolerate obstacles. Contraception breeds selfishness and separation that drives a wedge between husband and wife that kills love. Real lovers want their love to explode into the posterity of future generations for all eternity. This is the kind of passion and fulfillment God wants for His children. Contraception limits what should be boundless. It spits in the face of this glorious passion and love's true abandon; and that is why it is a sin. It seeks to "tame" love, thus killing it. The Catholic Church is the last bastion on earth of true romance. The modern world has suffocated love and made sex a thing of deadness.
I wish there wasn't a need for them in the first place.
No, I don't believe little girls grow up dreaming of hopping from bed to bed or contraceptives either. Sometimes chance and circumstance takes them unawares. Do you know the story of Dinah?
Gen 34:1
And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.
Gen 34:2
And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

His name was John. I was 7 years old he was maybe 11. He had epilepsy, and I liked his mom. He was usually very quiet and kept to himself.
I have always been drawn to the quiet ones. Defender of the underdogs.. lol
It was early morning, I was waiting for other kids to come out. Small street in a big city, about 12 of us would kind of hang together.
This morning no one was up and out yet. So I was just sitting on the stairs waiting. And John came out.
We sat across from an old greeney, or field. He told me he wanted to show me something and I trusted him.
Until now I have bever mentioned this to another soul. I was ashamed, embarraded, afraid what my parents or his mother would do. His father had passed away some years before, and from what I understand was sickly most the time. Maybe he was never instructed in the birds and the bees and acted on impulse and not from mischievousness.
So I said nothing and life went on as usual.

Curiosity and puberty... happens. I never accused him or held him accountable. I felt sorry for him because he was different.
Maybe I was wrong and should of said something. But it never happened again. And neither of us ever mentioned it.
I can say now, that I am thanful that neither of us were of child bearing age.

A lot of kids are curious. It's human nature. I think a lot of it comes from fractured families, chemical changes like puberty, not knowing how to handle sexual desires. Some are looking for the love of a parent and look for it in friends, to be accepted by them.
There is no simple solution. And there are various reasons why kids do what they do. Mostly because they have no one to guide them when these things come about.

Today's society is all about dysfunctional families. And kids cling on to whatever they can find what they feel is missing in their lives.
And most of all God is missing. Parents don't teach the bible, schools don't teach the bible. Thay just wander aimlessly alone.
The only reason I agree with contraceptives is because it helps prevent the full extent of the consequences of the act itself.
I think in some aspect the older a child is, say a teenager, they know it's naughty, but they haven't been "caught" yet.
I would rather have contraceptives than abortion. As long as people say it's ok and there is no correction, it will continue.
I would prefer children to be taught abstinence than how to use dildo's or condom's in the classroom.
Teach them the consequences instead of acceptance of do as thou will.

Life is a journey friend. Hopefully we learn lessons along the way.
And when something the same happens to another, you learn not to judge much, because the same thing happened to you.
There is a reason for everything.
Be merciful, be patient, be kind.

Hugs

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual, when I expose your lies - you go off on a different tangent . . .

NONE of this has anything to do with the difference between criminal and civil msatters that I had to correct you on.

As for Popes iissuing apologies for past transgressions - GOOD for them.
Too bad mor Protestant leaders don;t do the same for theirs . . .
The criminal activities of Priests are well known and it is settled.
Now if you want to collect the details of Protestant sexual abuses and the video testimonies of such
And I will do the same for the Catholics and post them here so we can let the reader decide....we can do that.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UNBELIEVEABLE.

Sexual intercourse is ONLY to be exercised in the confines of marriage. It is NOT to be partaken of by those in relationships "leading" to marriage.

What is unbelievable is catholic priests that WEAR the Clothing to Identify them, being held up to the Congregates “as” an upstanding Servant of God, whilst sneaking around under the cover secrecy and the catholic church protection of secrecy, committing sexual acts, with men, woman and children.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is unbelievable is catholic priests that WEAR the Clothing to Identify them, being held up to the Congregates “as” an upstanding Servant of God, whilst sneaking around under the cover secrecy and the catholic church protection of secrecy, committing sexual acts, with men, woman and children.
and more so many loved to be called MOST HOLY FATHER , MOST HOLY Reverand and have and love such titles and flatteries of men .
CHOOSE YE CHRIST and let us learn Him well . Beware of those who go about in long robes and make broad their covernings
and love to be seen of men . Loving titles such as those . ONLY GOD gets those titles , NOT MEN . GOD ALONE .
I bare record before heaven and earth today that we need to flee such men and places and rather learn CHRIST for ourselves .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore CHOOSE YE CHRIST that ye may have eternal life and be blessed of the MOST HIGH GOD .
But beware men for many come in His name to decieve and to allure and to make desciples of men to follow them .
They claim to hold the keys and yet they themselves have not entered into the Kingdom and hinder all such as sit under them .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you adhere to the Protestant men's teachings then they are YOUR MEN. ;)
I don't accept any man's teaching, or woman's, unless they are in harmony with scripture.
You cannot claim the same. You accept your men's teaching with no clear reference point or set standard based solely on your men's declaration, I told you so. You have your Pope. I have scripture. If I am wrong on understanding of scripture, I shall stand before God and answer to Him, who is gracious and merciful, long-suffering, and full of goodness and truth. If you are wrong in your rejection of God's word in favor of your Pope's word, what will your answer to God be?

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't accept any man's teaching, or woman's, unless they are in harmony with scripture.
You cannot claim the same. You accept your men's teaching with no clear reference point or set standard based solely on your men's declaration, I told you so. You have your Pope. I have scripture. If I am wrong on understanding of scripture, I shall stand before God and answer to Him, who is gracious and merciful, long-suffering, and full of goodness and truth. If you are wrong I'm your rejection of God's word in favor of your Pope's word, what will your answer to God be?
Some claim to HOLD the very keys and yet have not even submitted to GOD and HIS CHRIST
they have not entered into the kingdom and hinder all who sit under them from doing so .
Many have come in His name to draw away desciples after themselves . They will be as speechless
as the man without the wedding garment on the day of the LORD . For many have not the wedding garment to cover them
but rather only the fig coverings of men gone wrong under apostate doctrine . Reader and all , BEWARE
many have and do come IN HIS NAME and can appear righteous on the outside but beware only darkness is within .
And they call the darkness light . But if the light that is in one be darkness , THEN GREAT that darkness truly is .
BIBLE . Time we learn it , heed it and follow THE ONE TRUE CHRIST and not men gone wrong .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The beauty of it is , its not a complicated walk at all . MEN have made complicated what CHRIST MAKES SIMPLE .
LET THE GLORIOUS KING BE PRAISED . But the sheep dont heed those who through agenda and desires of vain glory, make complicated to make desciples of men . LAMBS FOLLOW CHRIST and HE ALONE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many church leaders are fine and good. You just can't see that because of your blinding condemnation.
Compared to christedom as a whole , You mean or should say , SOME are doing good . cause most AINT .
But i have seen some arising up to contend for the true faith and this makes my heart happy . .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Compared to christedom as a whole , You mean or should say , SOME are doing good . cause most AINT .
But i have seen some arising up to contend for the true faith and this makes my heart happy . .
I like Corner Fringe Ministries. It's Judeao Christian. Daniel explains a lot of history around the texts and breaks down every verse.
I'm watching the series on the book of Hebrews right now. 63 episodes.lol
He goes into who may be the possible author of the book. Lots of opinons on that throughout time.
Final analysis by those in the past are Paul spoke it, but it was Luke who penned it.
Explains the times in which this book was written. Trying to convince an Orthodox Jewish race that Jesus is truly the Messiah and the Only begotten Son of God.
I like ministries that TEACH and not those that just Preach.
I like David Jeramiah too I think that's Turning Point?
Anywho.. If your interested here's a link to the study of Hebrews I'm listening to now.
Hugs

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The one True Church, is the body of Christ Jesus and Christ Jesus is the Head their of.
They are the truly born again who are worthy Israelites.

Israel is defined by Jesus as regarding Nathaniel and of Jacob when he was given the name Israel by an Angel.
That's the Key regarding Israel ! and if one does not understand such as that foundation, then one is not Truly Saved.

Many Satanic church people work so as to hide the facts regarding Jacob and Nathaniel worthy of the Name !

So Satanist in the Churches make claims that it's the Tribe who is Israel ? but reject the issue of Jacob and Nathaniel being the epitome their of. The Tribe do not cut the mustard in fact ! that's why they failed every time.
Now if all were like Jesus regarded Nathaniel, how could they fail in fact !
Jesus pointed it out who Nathaniel was in fact ! so if you are not like him you are not worthy in fact to be Saved. why because read what Jesus says about Nathaniel would see ! and if you don't understand it or see such is true, then you are not Truly Saved at all. because you are not worthy of Israel in fact.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the day....the union was what consummated marriages. No biblical requirement for wedding ceremonies to be married. It is still not a biblical requirement.....a Christian custom.
A Catholic still trying to find a reason to demonize sex?

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I like Corner Fringe Ministries. It's Judeao Christian. Daniel explains a lot of history around the texts and breaks down every verse.
I'm watching the series on the book of Hebrews right now. 63 episodes.lol
He goes into who may be the possible author of the book. Lots of opinons on that throughout time.
Final analysis by those in the past are Paul spoke it, but it was Luke who penned it.
Explains the times in which this book was written. Trying to convince an Orthodox Jewish race that Jesus is truly the Messiah and the Only begotten Son of God.
I like ministries that TEACH and not those that just Preach.
I like David Jeramiah too I think that's Turning Point?
Anywho.. If your interested here's a link to the study of Hebrews I'm listening to now.
Hugs
Judeao Christian ?
Putting Jewish values before Christianity ? why do people do that nowadays ? when did that creep in, the late 1990's I think that deranged nonsense started.

What is wrong with Christian values on it's own ? We do not need them, they need Jesus ! so one never should put the lower in front of the Greater, for such is a deception in fact. Same with bigots who claim to be African Americans, when they are Not born in Africa ? when they are in fact Americans of African decent or etc in fact ! such is a deception !

Their was never a Jewish race ! they were just one Tribe of Semitic peoples Tribes in fact. No race !
What Religion is based on race ? non that I know of.

Regarding Judaism it's all about a religion seeking God ! but fact is no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son, Who is the Alpha and the Omega.
People who do not understand this fact are lost.
We who are Saved are not of this world that is full of deceptions and delusions, as Jesus himself pointed out but of the Kingdom of God !

Christian Values are clearly not the values of the Jew in fact !