• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So you are an infallible human being who cannot take people’s words out of context?

Ive not misquoted you.
Ive not taken your own words out of context.
You in fact, were very careful to be quite precise and write why you feel that Evil needed to come, and is useful.

You are allowed to have your opinion, but when you post this NONSENSE on my Thread, then you get to deal with me.

So, as i said.
Your BIZARRE concept, regarding the usefulness of EVIL, is NONSENSICAL, and will remain so, even tho you now have realized it yourself and want to try to suggest you were "misinterpreted".
You were not.
I read you, I quoted you.
And i'l do it again, if you post more of this nonsense on my Thread.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets compare notes Bible, what do you discern happened in the Garden of Eden with the sin of Adam?

You said there is no purpose in evil happening. Yet, GOD definitely has power to stop any kind of sin from existing in our universe. So GOD allowing sin to exist in His universe definitely was a part of His plans in men being forgiven by the cross in the future. For example: Do you not know that Joseph’s brothers doing evil against Joseph was used as a greater plan for good by GOD in the end? So while evil appears to have no purpose, GOD can use evil for a greater plan for good. Again, the cross is another excellent example of this. God used Satan to enter Judas and betray Jesus that led to His crucifixion. God used sinful men to crucify Jesus Christ on the cross. Yet, the cross is the most glorious even in Bible history for us Christians who glory in His grace and His salvation. We glory in God’s grace and the cross because of what Jesus did for us and the suffering (love) He went through for us. God was capable of using that which was bad in life and turning it around for good.

When Adam sinned (not when Eve sinned) their eyes were open to their nakedness, and this is when sin entered the world. They died spiritually the day they sinned, but they were not without hope. God promised a coming Messiah to save them. In the mean time, God covered their nakedness with animal skins (from a sacrifice He made). The fig leaves were not acceptable to God to cover themselves. GOD was to cover their nakedness. God was to provide the sacrifice. And He provided the ultimate sacrifice with Jesus Christ in the future for all of mankind. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world so that He can offer every man the free gift of salvation to whoever receives it and stays faithful or responsible with that gift in this life (i.e. enduring to the end in their faithfulness to GOD).

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You said there is no purpose in evil happening. Yet, GOD definitely has power to stop any kind of sin from existing in our universe. So GOD allowing sin to exist in His universe definitely was a part of His plans

Listen.

God created "free will" beings., including Lucifer
However, God didn't PLAN ON, them using their free will to rebell., including Adam and Eve.

So, you are confusing God KNOWING what is going to happen, with God causing it to happen.
Thats the deception of Calvinism.
This is the error of the CALVINIST< who, generally can't understand that GOD "KNOWING" (Foreknowledge) what is going to happen, is not the same as GOD CAUSING IT to happen.

"FREE WILL" is not CAUSED to happen. Its ALLOWED to happen.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you tried to prove is that its good that there is evil, as "this way we can find Jesus".

So, that is not very good reasoning.
"20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8:20-21

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive not misquoted you.
Ive not taken your own words out of context.
You in fact, were very careful to be quite precise and write why you feel that Evil needed to come, and is useful.

You are allowed to have your opinion, but when you post this NONSENSE on my Thread, then you get to deal with me.

So, as i said.
Your BIZARRE concept, regarding the usefulness of EVIL, is NONSENSICAL, and will remain so, even tho you now have realized it yourself and want to try to suggest you were "misinterpreted".
You were not.
I read you, I quoted you.
And i'l do it again, if you post more of this nonsense on my Thread.

Yes, you have taken out of context to what I said because nowhere did I say that:

(a) God wanted anyone to sin or that God condones sin or that God wanted the fall to happen.
(b) I believe that we should do bad things in life so we can appreciate the good way (or good choices in life).​

I did not say these things above in context to the quote you gave from me.

What I said was in context to God allowing or permitting evil to exist in our universe.
Note: Again, GOD is powerful enough to stop any sin in our known universe. The question you have to ask yourself is why does GOD permit sin or evil to exist in our universe when He clearly has power to stop it?

I submit to you…. God’s grace.
I submit to you…that God knows we humans learn more from our mistakes in life.

To ignore this means you either don’t appreciate God’s grace (like you should), and or you have never learned from a mistake in life. To ignore this means you don’t truly value the good life you live in Christ vs. your old sinful life that was destructive.

That is what I was saying in context.

This does not mean God wants people to sin, or that God approves of sin. Each man is ultimately responsible for their own sin in life because they are drawn away and enticed by their own lusts. God is light and there is no darkness in God. God chooses the best time in our life for us to come to Him. Do you not value your life of living for the Lord more vs. your old life of sin? Do you not appreciate the good way of the Lord more vs. the dark ways that dragged you down? That’s what I am talking about here. But you can keep persisting to suggest that my quote is something other than what I stated. You can keep pushing a false belief upon me based on what I said. What I said was in context to God permitting us to do evil. And don’t tell me GOD could not have stopped us from sinning. He surely could do so. So the question is why does GOD permit us to do wrong? Do you have an answer? Does GOD just want us to perish? I believe Scripture says that GOD is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. God is good, and He loves us and He wants us to change our ways.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"20For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope 21that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8:20-21

Thank you for always posting a verse that is not related to what you are trying to explain.

Your verse is talking about the total redemption of all creation.
My post that you misunderstood, and were not able to respond to regarding its POV, is explaining to another member that the recovery of the fall of it all, is not proof that its good that Evil exists.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
(a) God wanted anyone to sin or that God condones sin or that God wanted the fall to happen.
(b) I believe that we should do bad things in life so we can appreciate the good way (or good choices in life).​

And i have not said at anytime to you, that you said that God wanted sin, etc,etc.
So, you are just rambling now, in full recovery mode, trying to stop you free fall.

What i said, is what you said, that i posted as your quote.
You explained that its good that evils exists, as this way Christ could become the sin bearer.

And i told you that your reasoning is faulty, and then explained to you, now for the 4th time, that its NOT GOOD That EVIL exists.
What is GOOD, is that it doesn't, and then there is no fall, no destroyed humanity, and no separation from God, that required God to sacrifice his Boy for the sin of this EVIL WORLD.
The GOOD, would have been NO EVIL, at all.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And i have not said at anytime to you, that you said that God wanted sin, etc,etc.
So, you are just rambling now, in full recovery mode, trying to stop you free fall.

You explained that its good that evils exists, as this way Christ could become the sin bearer.

And i told you that your reasoning is faulty, and then explained to you, now for the 4th time, that its NOT GOOD That EVIL exists.
What is GOOD, is that it doesn't, and then there is no fall, no destroyed humanity, and no separation from God, that required God to sacrifice his Boy for the sin of this EVIL WORLD.

I am not saying that it is good that evil exists. But evil does not exist without the absence of GOD or His goodness. What I am saying that GOD definitely had a purpose or plan in using evil for a greater plan for good. You cannot argue that God did not permit evil to happen. So the question is… why did GOD permit evil to happen?

In fact the alternate reality of Adam not sinning is not what happened is it? You are not GOD to alter reality of how things are.
Again, do you even know sinful men crucified Jesus Christ to the cross?
Do you even know Satan was used by God to enter Judas to betray Jesus to put Him on the cross?
Do you glory in the cross and God’s grace?
Do you know that GOD has the power to stop people from sinning? Any sin. GOD can stop it if He wanted.
But if you were GOD, I imagine we would not exist in a sin filled world at all.
Do you not value your new life in Christ vs. your old life?
Have you never in life learned by your own mistakes?

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You implied before that I believe that we should do evil that good may come. But you took what I said out of context.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU say that the GOOD would have been no evil at all.
Again, this sounds to me like you are implying GOD is not good or that He does not know what He is doing when He permitted evil to exist in our universe. God’s ways are always perfect. Do you believe GOD makes mistakes? Is GOD sovereign over what happens in this life? GOD can turn evil things around with using them for a greater plan for good according to His purposes. He did it with Joseph, and the cross. Do you not understand this concept?

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"16Behold, I have created the craftsman who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its task; and I have created the destroyer to wreak havoc." Psalm 54:16

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In Adam all died, in Christ all should be made alive.
Jesus is called the Last Adam. So why is Jesus compared to Adam?
Do you know that the Messiah was prophesied in Genesis 3 when the Fall happened?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What I am saying that GOD definitely had a purpose or plan in using evil
Have you never in life learned by your own mistakes?

Christ is perfect in me.
Im not.

Think of it like this.

"all things work together for good, for them that love God and are called according to his purpose".

See this verse.>?

So, lets say you are called to be in the ministry.
And you are in it for 30 yrs.
And God knew that during your 14th year, you are going to have a car wreck, and are going to be harmed, terribly.

Now, "all things work together for good".....

Including that Car wreck.......in your life.......as God will use this to make you better, more like Christ, and more useful.
How do you know? Its because you didnt die in the wreck.

So, the fact that GOD can create beauty from ashes, does not mean that the ashes are good.
Its not good that you were harmed in a car wreck.. .Maybe you broke your back. Maybe you lost a leg and an eye.
BUT, God will bring this situation, to a place, that has the end result of "working together for your good".

However, that does not mean that the situation is good., just like Christ on the Cross paying for our sin, does not mean that the Fall of the human race, that is the result of EVIL being here, is good.
its not.
Evil is not good. But God can overcome the evil, yet, to not have to, is the best of all.
Its certainly better to have no fall of adam, then it is for all the misery that has come to the world of humanity, because EVIL exists.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
In Adam all died, in Christ all should be made alive.
Jesus is called the Last Adam. So why is Jesus compared to Adam?
Do you know that the Messiah was prophesied in Genesis 3 when the Fall happened?

Yes i know.

That is the foreknowledge of God...who knows all things before they happen.
Its a fact that before Lucifer was "found with iniquity in him" in Heaven... that God knew you would be here on my Thread today......READERS.

Why is Jesus compared to Adam?
Its because 1st Adam, was a Son of God, sinless, before He fell......And 2nd Adam , the Son of God, begotten by God, was sinless at birth, and had no adamic nature.
The 1st Adam's rebellion, caused the fall of humanity.
The 2nd Adam's faithfulness and sinlessness, who is the Redeemer.... created the OFFER of redemption of all Humanity, based on His Sacrifice of HIMSELF on The Cross.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
71It was good for me to be afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71
Its not good that you were harmed in a car wreck.. .Maybe you broke your back. Maybe you lost a leg and an eye.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
71It was good for me to be afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes." Psalm 119:71

"Me".. in the OT verse, is not you, Ferris Bueller
That is the Psalmist, in the OT.
And he is afflicted to : = learn statues.

In the "time of the Gentiles".... the born again are "chastened", . but not to "learn statues"...but rather to be partakers of God's Holiness.
That is different.
Hebrews 12:6

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Me".. in the OT verse, is not you, Ferris Bueller
That is the Psalmist, in the OT.
And he is afflicted to : = learn statues.

In the "time of the Gentiles".... the born again are "chastened", . but not to "learn statues"...but rather to be partakers of God's Holiness.
That is different.
Hebrews 12:6

"22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you reap leads to holiness, and the outcome is eternal life." Romans 6:22
To be a partaker of God's holiness means to live in that holiness, not just have a legal declaration of righteousness. You don't get this because you belong to a church that has erroneously separated being legally declared righteous from actually living righteously. The Bible makes no distinction. The things we suffer lead us to live in the righteousness we have in Christ, and that is good. The Bible says so.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
YOU say that the GOOD would have been no evil at all.

Of course.

The absence of Evil, is Good.....very good.

You could say that, Good , is the absence of, or opposite of : Evil.

Its because there is evil, that Man fell......... and now "none are good, no not one".
But before EVIL was enlisted by Adam and Eve as their choice, .... they were pure, holy, and righteous.