• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold

Isaiah 53:10
“Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.”

Note:

While I may like this song of worship, it does not mean I endorse the singers or their lives, etcetera. I merely posted it because it slightly relates to Isaiah 53:10 and the point I am trying to make to you.

Anyways, may God’s love shine upon you today.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold
Isaiah 53:10
“Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.”

Thats true.
But that is not God causing Evil, or enjoying Evil.....unless you are teaching that Christ on the Cross is "evil".

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes.
I just wrote a post to you that explained exactly that "God works all things, together, for our GOOD"., that explained that fact., using the "car wreck" analogy.

What you don’t understand that it pleased the Lord to crush the Son. God rebuked Job when Job cracked in his test of faith. Job said he spoken words without knowledge and He did not know how powerful and great God truly was over all things. Your view makes it appear like evil should not have happened in this universe and yet God permitted it. You act like you need to correct God in His choices in this life. God permitted evil and God can use that evil for a greater plan for good. We learn sometimes better from a mistake than anything else. Did you ever not learn from your mistakes in life before?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What you don’t understand that it pleased the Lord to crush the Son.

This is not evil... to "bruise the Son".....this is God's Grace.

And the suffering Messiah, Christ The Lord..... who was torn apart, then nailed, ...... Had there been no Evil, then there would have been no Need for this Torture.
Had there been no EVIL, then there would have been no suffering for any of us.
God's Foreknowledge = understood the consequences of the Evil that Satan brought, that culminated in Adam's fall, and paid the price to redeem us ALL from the eternal consequence of the EVIL, by the Death of His Holy Son.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats true.
But that is not God causing Evil, or enjoying Evil.....unless you are teaching that Christ on the Cross is "evil".

No. That’s what you are implying because you said that car wreck was evil. Yet, God permitted Job’s sons to be taken away, and for his health to fail, and his wealth to be gone. This was ultimately God’s call for these things to happen to Job. Satan could not do anything to Job without God’s approval. Again, Satan entered Judas to betray Jesus. Sinful men crucified our Lord. These are evil things, and yet…. That is all a part of the sacrifice that GOD made for us in saving all of mankind so He can offer the free gift of eternal life. You do not see how certain unfortunate things from our outward appearance can be used for God’s glory. You just see the car wreck and the broken back as evil. Bad. Poo. Poo. Bad evil broken back. *Spits on broken back*. I hate you broken back because you are evil. I hate you evil. Your so bad. But think. If a broken back for a particular Christian leads them to a deeper relationship in Jesus Christ, and to love others more intensely in this life, then it is only temporary suffering that brought about a more eternal reward and glory and goodness for God, for that believer, and for all. God can turn evil around for good. It does not mean God wants us to do evil so that good may come (of which you took my words of context before to mean). That Christian who has the broken back would give glory in their suffering or broken back and say, “Christ is all I need.” “Christ’s good ways are all I need.” “When I am weak, you are strong.”

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not evil... to "bruise the Son".....this is God's Grace.

And the suffering Messiah, Christ The Lord..... who was torn apart, then nailed, ...... Had there been no Evil, then there would have been no Need for this Torture.
Had there been no EVIL, then there would have been no suffering for any of us.
God's Foreknowledge = understood the consequences of the Evil that Satan brought, that culminated in Adam's fall, and paid the price to redeem us ALL from the eternal consequence of the EVIL, by the Death of His Holy Son.

It was evil (Satan) that entered Judas. It was evil for Satan to make Judas betray Jesus.
It was evil that their was an unjust trial for Jesus. It was evil that the Roman soldiers beat and whipped Jesus and mocked Him.
It was evil of the Jews and Romans to have Jesus crucified unjustly. Yet, God had a greater plan for good in all of that. That is what you are not grasping here.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
No. That’s what you are implying because you said that car wreck was evil. Yet, God permitted Job’s sons to be taken away, and for his health to fail, and his wealth to be gone.

But God didn't take it away.
Satan did, because Satan is EVIL.....and Evil exists to "steal, Kill, and Destroy".

Also, we are not in the OT.
JOB is not related to being a Born Again Son of God.
How do you know?
Because Jesus said........"I have come to give you LIFE< and THAT MORE ABUNDANTLY">

So, does killing your kids, and taking your health, sound like Jesus "giving you Life and that More Abundantly"?
Its does NOT.
But it does sound exactly like...>"the THIEF.. (Satan), comes to STEAL,....KILL>........and DESTROY".

What does God take from you, if you are a Son/Daughter of God?

Your bad habits, and your sin.
Your lack of knowledge and your selfishness.
Those are YOUR Evil, the evil in a human....and God takes that EVIL away, by dealing with you, but not by destroying you.
Satan is the destroyer......God is the FATHER.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold

Revelation 13:8
“…the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.”

1 Peter 1:18-20
“Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,”

Note: The word “conversation” in this above passage in the KJB is archaic, and it actually means “behavior.”

Anyways, faithful believers have been redeemed by the blood of Christ as like that of a spotless Lamb who was foreordained before the foundation of the world but was manifest during Peter’s time with the believers he was talking with (and obviously today for our benefit, too). But the point here is that God knew Adam and Eve’s choice ahead of time. There was not going to be a world where Adam did not sin. God knew that ahead of time, and knew that the Savior or the Lamb was foreordained before the foundation of the world was even created. So while evil was permitted enter our universe, God had a back up plan or way of escape for men to take so that they can be with GOD instead of them falling their own sinful way like Adam did.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold

. But the point here is that God knew Adam and Eve’s choice ahead of time.

Of course He did.

God knew that if He created free will beings they would use it., and exactly how they would.
God's Foreknowledge KNEW THIS< but, the cause was Man's choice when it met Satan's temptation.
Just like today.
Because of ONE MAN's SIN, we are all made unrighteous.
And because of ONE MAN's Obedience, Faithfulness, the world is given a WAY ... John 14:6....to return to the Family of God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God didn't take it away.
Satan did, because Satan is EVIL.....and Evil exists to "steal, Kill, and Destroy".

Again, Satan could not do anything without God’s approval.

Plus, it is written in Job: “And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1:21).

In addition, Isaiah 45:7 says:
“I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

Granted, the word “evil” here means calamity or misfortune. But God creates or sets up calamity or situations of misfortune for a believer to either chasten them if they sin, or to test their faith.

You said:
Also, we are not in the OT.
JOB is not related to being a Born Again Son of God.
How do you know?
Because Jesus said........"I have come to give you LIFE< and THAT MORE ABUNDANTLY">

Uh, no. The OT saints were born again, too. Otherwise Jesus would not have said to Nicodemus that he should have known what he was talking about. Anyways, here is the undeniable biblical proof that OT saints were born again, as well.

Old Testament saints were born again.

The only difference is that OT saints did not have the indwelling of the Spirit except for kings and prophets (Numbers 11:29).

You said:
So, does killing your kids, and taking your health, sound like Jesus "giving you Life and that More Abundantly"?
Its does NOT.
But it does sound exactly like...>"the THIEF.. (Satan), comes to STEAL,....KILL>........and DESTROY".

What does God take from you, if you are a Son/Daughter of God?

Your bad habits, and your sin.
Your lack of knowledge and your selfishness.
Those are YOUR Evil, the evil in a human....and God takes that EVIL away, by dealing with you, but not by destroying you.
Satan is the destroyer......God is the FATHER.

Could Satan have taken the lives of Job’s kids without God’s say so? Yes, or no?

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course He did.

God knew that if He created free will beings they would use it., and exactly how they would.
God's Foreknowledge KNEW THIS< but, the cause was Man's choice when it met Satan's temptation.
Just like today.
Because of ONE MAN's SIN, we are all made unrighteous.
And because of ONE MAN's Obedience, Faithfulness, the world is given a WAY ... John 14:6....to return to the Family of God.

Before you appeared to complain that it would have been better if Adam did not sin (Making it appear like God did not know what He was doing).
You don’t see how God can permit evil and use it for a greater purpose or plan. You appear to just see evil as bad.
My point before to you was that we learn better from our mistakes in life. My point before is that we can appreciate the good ways of the Lord even more when we compare it to how destructive our old sinful life was. You did not seem to agree with me on this point before. You just took what I said out of context and thought I was saying that we should do evil so that good may come (When that is not what I was saying). I am saying, God allows or permits seasons of our life so we can grown and learn in order for us to accept Him, and appreciate Him more. I am talking about in perspective of our already sin fallen world we are living in. God is able to turn the evil in a person’s life around for good.

Again, the cross. Judas betrayed Jesus was a sinful act. Men who were sinful crucified our Lord wrongfully.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Again, Satan could not do anything without God’s approval.

When Lucifer was in Heaven, He was found to have "iniquity" in Him.
"sin"...which is (pride/rebellion)...

I can assure you that God didnt "approve it"., yet Satan had it.

Jesus says that the Devil is the Father of Lies and was a murderer from the beginning, not because God "approved" it, but because that was the Devil's OWN WILL.

IN the NT, Satan "comes and goes as a Roaring Lion" and is the "Destroyer" who "steals, kills, and destroys".

He is the "god of this world".

So, this Calvinistic idea that God allows Satan to give you cancer, or God allows Satan to kill your children, will find you in a really bad place in your mental health, if you find that you are that one who loses more then you can stand to bear.
You'll end up like the Pre-Destined Elect Heretic, shaking your fist at God, when God didnt cause or allow the Devil to do what He does.
Listen, Satan does what he does, because that is what he exists to do.

Paul once wanted to Go into a certain location to share the Cross of Christ, and said that Satan blocked it.
He didnt say that GOD allowed Satan to block the preaching....
So, God does not approve of people not hearing the Gospel by the preaching of Paul.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Before you appeared to complain that it would have been better if Adam did not sin (Making it appear like God did not know what He was doing).
You don’t see how God can permit evil and use it for a greater purpose or plan. .

God permits free will.
He gave it to the Devil
He gave it to you.
He gave it to everyone.

And if a person uses their free will to commit Evil, that is not God approving of it, that is a person's free will in operation.

I explained to you that regarding the born again, "God works out all things for our Good"...... no matter what it is.
So, if you make a terrible financial decision, and you end up broke, then God can take your free will choice, this mistake, and turn it around so that there comes a day that this mistake is turned into a blessing for you.
But it would have been much much better not wasting all this LIFE, and TIME, in that situation, as had you not made that mistake, then God would not have had to rescue you out of that suffering,......and even tho He will, you have lost a lot on the way there.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Lucifer was in Heaven, He was found to have "iniquity" in Him.
"sin"...which is (pride/rebellion)...

I can assure you that God didnt "approve it"., yet Satan had it.

Jesus says that the Devil is the Father of Lies and was a murderer from the beginning, not because God "approved" it, but because that was the Devil's OWN WILL.

IN the NT, Satan "comes and goes as a Roaring Lion" and is the "Destroyer" who "steals, kills, and destroys".

He is the "god of this world".

So, this Calvinistic idea that God allows Satan to give you cancer, or God allows Satan to kill your children, will find you in a really bad place in your mental health, if you find that you are that one who loses more then you can stand to bear.
You'll end up like the Pre-Destined Elect Heretic, shaking your fist at God, when God didnt cause or allow the Devil to do what He does.
Listen, Satan does what he does, because that is what he exists to do.

Uh, yeah. You have an overactive imagination. Not gonna happen.

First, I hate Calvinism and see it is as pure evil. I reject all five points of Calvinism and see them as highly unbiblical.

Second, I fully realize that this life is not our home. This life is but a stage. This life is temporary. This life is like a vapor and is gone. What matters is our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ no matter happens to us in this life. What matters is saying, “Christ is all I need.”

As for your error in thinking that God does not take life:

The Bible clearly teaches that God is ultimately in control of death:

Jesus was following God the Father’s instructions that was leading to His own death that was a part of God’s plans for the salvation of all mankind.

Also, here are some verses for your consideration:

“See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.” (Deuteronomy 32:39).

“The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.” (1 Samuel 2:6).

“The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1:21)

“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” (Revelation 1:18).

It was God who killed every human alive on this planet in the days of Noah (except Noah and his family). It was God who killed every human alive in Sodom and Gomorrah and the neighboring cities (except Lot and his 2 daughters). He drowned Pharaoh’s army. In the wilderness God swallowed up those who rose up against Moses. He allowed all of Israel to die in the wilderness, denying them entrance into the land of Canaan. He killed Adab and Abihu for making strange fire. He killed Uzzah for touching the ark of the covenant. He killed Herod, who after making a speech was said to have the voice of a god and not a man, but he gave not God the praise. He killed Ananias and Sapphira for promising the church a piece of land but holding back part of the price.

Three, the Christian life is one who should rejoice even amongst persecution’s and hardships in life.

1 Peter 4:13
“But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory.”

Acts 5:40-41
“And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go. And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.

Romans 5:3
“And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;”

2 Corinthians 12:10
“Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

Colossians 1:11
“Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;”

Colossians 1:24 BLB
“Now I rejoice in the sufferings for you, and I am filling up in my flesh that which is lacking of the tribulations of Christ for His body, which is the church,”

Hebrews 10:34 BLB
“For both you sympathized with the prisoners and you accepted the plundering of your possessions with joy, knowing yourselves to have a better and abiding possession.”

James 1:2
“Esteem it all joy, my brothers, when you might fall into various trials,”

Granted, my prayer and hope is not to be faced with any bad misfortunes that you try to paint upon my life. May the LORD protect me from any evil you try to place upon me by your words. I prefer to be taken up in the Rapture or die in my sleep to be with the Lord. But if God calls me to go out with a blaze of glory, I would prefer my death be quick and be a witness of my faithfulness and love for Christ. Whatever the LORD decides, let Him get all the glory indeed.

Source used for one paragraph within this post:
God Gives Life, God Takes Life
(Note: I agree with the paragraph in the article I quoted; This does not mean I agree with the author on other things).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God permits free will.
He gave it to the Devil
He gave it to you.
He gave it to everyone.

And if a person uses their free will to commit Evil, that is not God approving of it, that is a person's free will in operation.

I explained to you that regarding the born again, "God works out all things for our Good"...... no matter what it is.
So, if you make a terrible financial decision, and you end up broke, then God can take your free will choice, this mistake, and turn it around so that there comes a day that this mistake is turned into a blessing for you.
But it would have been much much better not wasting all this LIFE, and TIME, in that situation, as had you not made that mistake, then God would not have had to rescue you out of that suffering,......and even tho He will, you have lost a lot on the way there.

Do you believe in the prosperity gospel like Joel Osteen?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
As for your error in thinking that God does not take life:

You quoted a lot of verses that are not really related to God allowing the Devil to destroy your life.
Isn't that right "Mr JOB"?
Thanks.

And regarding "God taking a Life".
Well, its His to give and its His to take. Hebrews 9:27
The only reason you are still breathing is because God is allowing it.

However, that situation is not related to Satan, or Evil, as those 2 situations, are distinctly different.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why blame Satan when God created Adam and Eve with the capacity to reject or deny him?

When Satan tempted Eve, why didn't eve go to God and ask him, about it?

Why did Adam not take the blame but blamed God for the woman that he gave him was the cause of why he had eaten?

See, people like to try an blame the devil... when the devil has already been taken care and done away with so they have someone to blame rather than taking full responsibility of themselves before God.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted a lot of verses that are not really related to God allowing the Devil to destroy your life.
Thanks.

And regarding "God taking a Life".
Well, its His to give and its His to take. Hebrews 9:27
The only reason you are still breathing is because God is allowing it.

However, that situation is not related to Satan, or Evil, as those 2 situations, are distinctly different.

You appear to be changing your tune. Before you said, I quote:

“…or God allows Satan to kill your children” “You'll end up like the Pre-Destined Elect Heretic, shaking your fist at God, when God didnt cause or allow the Devil to do what He does. Listen, Satan does what he does, because that is what he exists to do.”. ~ Behold.​

You appear to be placing the blame of death as being in control of Satan and not ultimately GOD by this above stated quote. Now, you appear to be changing this view by quoting Hebrews 9:27.

But in regards to refuting your false view that God does not allow Satan to test or do evil upon His people:

Well, do you remember when Jesus told Peter the following words?

“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.” (Luke 22:31-32).

What do you think happened to Peter involving Satan? Did Peter go through this sifting by Satan? Jesus appeared to pray for Peter that his faith would not fail as a result of this sifting process by the enemy. Again, it seemed like Satan needed permission to do something bad to Peter (Which of course was a part of strengthening Peter and his faith - of course).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just because I quoted from Job and used examples from that book does not mean I am Job or that I hope to have his life of suffering. I know the Christian life does call for us to continue to suffer and be persecuted for Jesus Christ, but God knows the best type that is for me and the type of person I am. Only God can know the kind of suffering that he desires me to continue to face in this life to share and glory in the sufferings of Christ (Which is a great honor).

But in either case, thank you for being unkind with your words here.
I will take this as a great honor for my Lord Jesus Christ, and I will rejoice in Him.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you not regard the book of Job as equally authoritative as Holy Scripture?

See: 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Side Note:

Oh, and I am curious about your avatar. Do you really think Jesus looks like a white American hippie with long hair? You do realize Jesus is a Jew, right? Also, no matter how historically accurate of a drawing a person may think Jesus looks like (Making him appear like He is from the Middle East with possibly being mid tone or darker in skin color), to make any kind of image of Him is simply creating an idol image of GOD. No image today can perfectly capture what Jesus actually looked like. Any image of Jesus is man’s imagination and is false. It’s human nature to automatically idolize what you one says is Jesus. So I disagree with your posting of a false idol image of Jesus. It’s why I won’t watch movies, or TV shows anymore that have Jesus in it. They are saying that is Jesus, and people’s hearts cannot help but to be like little idol factories to subconsciously think that is Jesus. So when they pray, they may think of the Jesus from the Chosen series, or the Jesus from the Passion of the Christ, etcetera.

Last edited: