What prophecies have been fulfilled? If any, what still needs to take place?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
hello brothers and sisters in Christ
smile.gif
how are you all today?I was just wondering. I don't know if someone has already asked this question, but has there been any prophecies from Jesus, in the book of Matthew (I think?), or from the book of Revelation that have most definately been fulfilled? I met a moderator on one of the sites I go to and he believed that we were in the fourth seal at that time. But that was a few weeks ago, or maybe a year ago, or maybe last summer. I'm not sure if he now thinks we're in a new seal. on here, I think it was superjag who said "...a few things must take place first..." on one of the threads. I noticed that superjag said few. So, that's one of the reasons why I ask this. I also have another short question, but I couldn't fit it in the Title. Those events in the book of Revelation (the sun darkening, moon turned into blood....), are all of these things going to happen in one day? If not, do we know how long the tribulation will last for?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The bible is full of prophecy probably about half fulfilled many are being fulfilled today One of the major ones was that After Christ died on the cross the Jews were scatteredfor 2000 years they did not have a homeland but God promised he would bring them back to Israel as a nation in the End times this happened on May 15, 1948this was the beginning of the end time season We do not know the hour or the day of his return but Mat,mark and Luke say we are to know the season just as we know when the leaves turn colors that winter is coming we are to know the End time season Jesus gave us a parable so we would know this. http://www.christianityboard.com/parable-f...t713.html?t=713

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Joe 2:9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief. Joe 2:10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: Joe 2:11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp [is] very great: for [he is] strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD [is] great and very terrible; and who can abide it? Joe 2:12 ¶ Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye [even] to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: Joe 2:13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he [is] gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. This is the day of the second coming of the Lord and it is not the faithful that has to worryJoel is describing the same event as Revelation

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
I didn't notice that at all I'm so blessed to be on here
smile.gif
so, that event in 1948, was that surely a mark for the beginning of the "End-times" season? What should we expect next to happen? Has anything happened recently? Isn't 9/11 a sign, too, or is it more of a "wake-up call"?In the End-times season, according to Jesus or the book of Revelation, when will we recognize the antichrist? Are we supposed to recognize him first, or are we supposed to recognize something else before the antichrist?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Scripture tells us that the Generation that wittnessed the 1948 re-gathering will not all die before he returns this year Israel will celebrate its 60th year so if God uses his 70 year Generation then we are within ten years Now I personally think that the last 7 years started on 9/11 but I can not prove this in scripture there are numbers and mathamatical equations that prove this out but they are much to complicated for me:)

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh okayI'm just curiousare there any signs in the old testament that hint towards the 9/11 attack? If you ask me, I personally believe that we are in the end times season. To tell you the truth, everytime my sister or my mom would flip on the news, I would almost always see something about Israel. Doesn't the Bible also say that men would "turn on the faith"? Does this mean abandonment of the faith, or those who have never been a believer, but instead have always rejected it? Because, if this is a sign, it's been happening a lot over here.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
when I talk about this, I ask myself where I am in my relationship with God. Because I really want to spend eternity with our Creator, not without Him.
sad.gif
I'm excited and terrified at the same time. This is going to be a VERY sudden event, according to Jesus Himself. I'm afraid of what God will ask me when I am before Him...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: This is a prophecy that becomes more true every day but the real falling away will come when Satan comes to earth as Antichrist claiming to be christ. The delusion will be so strong that God had to shorten the time he will be here on earth in Rev 9:5 & 9:10 we are told that Satan and his fallen angels (called the locust army) will be here 5 monthsNow interestingly 5 months is 150 days (lunar calender) now if you go back to the Noah thread you will find the flood waters lasted 150 days And yes another prochepy is that Jersusalem will become a stubbling stone for the entire world and so it has and will be untill the EndIsn't Gods Word great in never stops teaching the more you learn the more awesome it becomes it never gets old

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
this so cool, kriss
biggrin.gif
I was also reading "Will this be the year?" by whirlwind and I read a lot of cool things. I noticed that you said that this May will be Israel's 60th anniversary? Does the Bible say that it will be any anniversary of Israel or specifically the 60th anniversary? We are definately in the season. I couldn't read the signs on my own, but thank God, you guys helped me.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
It doesnt say it just says before the 70th year generation is done but if its five months and the 7 years started 9/11/2001 the last 5 months of the that seven years is May thru Sept 2008 or this year but God could wait till anytime in the nextten years and still exactly fulfill his prophecy Now another interesting thing is he describes Satan's army as locusts interesting to note that in nature the the locusts goes from the larve stage to a locust in five months May thru Sept.

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh okayso, it's possible that the prophecies may be fulfilled within the next year?oh yeah. I remember reading about the locusts. I think that's something very interesting, tooWhat "category" did the 9/11 attack fall under? "Nation rise against nation"? According to the Bible, other than Israel's anniversary, what should be happening next? Do you think anymore attacks will be happening?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
the next biggest thing to watch for is the deadly wound to the one world system According to scripture the first beast in Rev. is the New world Order that we are well into now something will happen before it completly comes into being now that could be from a world economy crash (which we are on the verge of) or it could be a war or a natural disaster or all of the above but whatever the cause the World will spiral into chaos This is when Antichrist (Satan ) comes to the rescue hewill come in peacefully and prosperously and will heal the deadly wound to the One world system this will make him very popular and the world will start to believe he is christ he will then set up his own one world system and one world religion

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh, I seeso, what do you think our deadly wound is? Could it be stock markets, or maybe the war? Is the deadly wound something that we will lack the supply of in the world? Also, who is the false prophet?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The false prophet I believe is Satan himself just as God uses differnt titles for the differnt roles he plays he also uses them for Satan I believe the Satan will be the false prophet Antichrist will declare himself to be God half way through his time on earth I believe its this mid way point that Satan takes the role of the false prophet And yes I think the stock market could be the start of the deadly wound it could also be war starts between Iran and Israel maybe both

Morning_Joy

Jan 26, 2008
oh okayso, then, after all this happens, the new Jerusalem will come? Will God only dwell there or will He be with everyone, all over the new earth? I'm just curious

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No not quite yet after Antichrist (Satan) Christ returns he battles Satan and his army this is called Armageddon then we are all changed in the twinkling of an eye into spirit bodies then there is a thousand years called the milliuem where those who are deservingwill be taught about God these are all those throughout time that perhaps died without hearing the word or those that were perhaps good people but never knew Christ then Satan is loosed for a little while to test these that have been newly taughtRev. 204 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. These are the souls who had overcame Satan's lies and deceptions and many died for their testimony of Christ. These are the ones who will teach with Christ in the millennium. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. This is the first resurrection. We are speaking of the spiritually dead! 6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Blessed are those who take part in the first resurrection, because the second death cannot effect them. What is the second death? The death of the soul! (Matthew 10:28). Those taking part in the first resurrection will be priests of God that teach the spiritual dead. 7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Satan will be loosed for a short time to test those who were spiritually dead. then comes the white throne Judgement where all are judged and then the New heavens and new earth

JonJT

Jan 7, 2008
(kriss;33247)
No not quite yet after Antichrist (Satan) Christ returns he battles Satan and his army this is called Armageddon then we are all changed in the twinkling of an eye into spirit bodies then there is a thousand years called the milliuem where those who are deservingwill be taught about God these are all those throughout time that perhaps died without hearing the word or those that were perhaps good people but never knew Christ then Satan is loosed for a little while to test these that have been newly taughtRev. 204 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. These are the souls who had overcame Satan's lies and deceptions and many died for their testimony of Christ. These are the ones who will teach with Christ in the millennium. 5But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. This is the first resurrection. We are speaking of the spiritually dead! 6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Blessed are those who take part in the first resurrection, because the second death cannot effect them. What is the second death? The death of the soul! (Matthew 10:28). Those taking part in the first resurrection will be priests of God that teach the spiritual dead. 7And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, Satan will be loosed for a short time to test those who were spiritually dead. then comes the white throne Judgement where all are judged and then the New heavens and new earth
Are those people destined for eternal life anyway? Wouldn't one consider the 1000 years to be purgatory?

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL